4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

I like Lingard but when Sanchez is in the team he just loses the ball, and Lingard's runs are wasted.
He's also the most likely to play him through by a mile though.

Sanchez is a more extreme version of Nani, more key passes but less passing accuracy. He either gives the ball away or creates a chance with less middle ground than most players.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes I read it and don’t agree hence my response thank you very much. I see Willian’s overall play and his play making abilities that far out way Lingards. Goals and assists both are below average. I’ve saw Willian run games from start to finish I’ve never saw Jesse do that he’s mostly a passenger. Willian is a far superior player if you don’t agree fine but to me it’s blatantly obvious watching them.
Based on what "abilities" are you talking about? Be more specific & give me evidence! Don't just make statement that he's far better because you think he's far better.

You are ridiculously silly when you used "far superior" term. He's not. Willian is just a winger who can dribble, beat his men but lack of end product because he lacks intelligent to find his team mate in the right moment. If you expect "beat player" is what you called not being passenger then you got no clue.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Based on what "abilities" are you talking about? Be more specific & give me evidence! Don't just make statement that he's far better because you think he's far better.

You are ridiculously silly when you used "far superior" term. He's not. Willian is just a winger who can dribble, beat his men but lack of end product because he lacks intelligent to find his team mate in the right moment. If you expect "beat player" is what you called not being passenger then you got no clue.
Yeah I have no clue but you are a footballing genius. He’s got a better touch and is a better playmaker he’s stronger on the ball. He has better end product than Jesse also plus a better dead ball taker. You say Willian lacks intelligence? If you could only see the irony here. I’m not saying Willian is a world beater but he’s a very good player whilst Lingard is an average at best premiership player.

Ekeke

Willian used to have a lack of end product but in recent seasons he's found more of a cutting edge and contributes a good amount of goals and assists

Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham

marktan

Why does he still get games for us? He likes to look busy and run around but he's got nothing on the ball. Never ever dribbles a man, just passes it sideways and scores the odd long range shot. That's it.

I think he's a player that would struggle to start for any PL team. Players like Knockeart, Vietto, Zaha are better than him. It shows how far we've fallen - and part of the blame for that falls to Mourinho for not signing anyone better. Lingard would never get a game under SAF.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why does he still get games for us? He likes to look busy and run around but he's got nothing on the ball. Never ever dribbles a man, just passes it sideways and scores the odd long range shot. That's it.
Yeah, I like him but it seems quite rare he does anything useful

mewnew11

There was a chance in the game where the ball would drop in front of lingare and Lori's and lingard would soy it wide. Even before he hit the ball I was 100% sure he wouldn't score.

I still don't get what he brings to the game. I hope Sanchez starts in his position instead of the left. We have some very mediocre players in the club now. Lingard is one of them

Djemba-Djemba

I think he's a player that would struggle to start for any PL team. Players like Knockeart, Vietto, Zaha are better than him. It shows how far we've fallen - and part of the blame for that falls to Mourinho for not signing anyone better. Lingard would never get a game under SAF.
Totally agree.

He's just not good enough.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he did really well today. He's never going to be world class but he's one of 2 players who come away with any credit today IMO (Shaw being the other). He's shite on the wings, good as a 10 or second striker. Was instrumental to us in the first half, but then we lost control in the 2nd half.

Bwuk

I like Lingard but he should be playing in a midfield three not as a forward. Not enough end product.

Godfather

Ran at them very well in the fist half. Gave them huge problems playing the ball out of the back. Obviously not good enough to start for us and never has been as he just isn't a good enough footballer but at least he fought.

SSSSnake

One of the better players tonight. I thought only him and Shaw looked good on the ball. The rest are stealing a living.

AngliaRed

He’s a decent, likeable player and he loves United and will always give 100%. Just a shame he will never be a great player and dominate a position.

ForestRGoinUp

Our Lallana. Just we haven't bought or developed enough good players to force him to the bench.

GamerKurisu

Squad player pivotal to our starting eleven atm. Tells the story right now.

OL29

Thought he did well to be honest, especially considering the lack of support.

JoaquinJoaquin

The likes of Lingard starting in games like this is why we are a tier below the best teams now. Good squad player but absolutely shouldn't be starting games like this.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Would rather see him start over Sanchez at the moment.

NinjaFletch

He had a good game and comfortably the most moments of quality out of all our attacking players. Not sure why that fact is being met with so many backhanded compliments.

m1tch

Second best player for us tonight, decent effort in his first game back for sure.

Fracture90

Good effort levels, but just don't think he is anything more than a squad player. Only reason he's starting for us is because Mourinho has issues with other players.

red4ever 79

How this lad has managed to get a career starting professional football at Manchester United is beyond me. Hurries around the pitch a bit I will give him that. However in terms of creating chances, scoring goals and being a threat everything you would want a forward to be he is lacking. An athlete without a brain just a sh*te hair cut

Red_Aaron

Lots of the usual agenda bollocks in here. Jesse was arguably the best player on the park first half.

He's the least of our problems

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Arguably our second best player this match. His pressure, movement and inter-linking with our other options were a key reason we looked so much better in the first half. Second half he drifted out a bit, but then so did everybody bar Shaw.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Typical Lingard performance: good off the ball, shit with the ball. He just does not have enough quality to be considered a top player imo

Fracture90

Lots of the usual agenda bollocks in here. Jesse was arguably the best player on the park first half.

He's the least of our problems
Let us argue straight away then, because Shaw was by far the best player in both first and second half.

haram

Typical Lingard performance: good off the ball, shit with the ball. He just does not have enough quality to be considered a top player imo
I dont think he was shit with the ball. He played well last night which is great considering this is his first game back.

Stadjer

He wasnt the worst player on the pitch and had a few decent moments yesterday. He works hard and tries his best but he just lacks the quality/talent in the end....

He could be a decent sub, get carried by a good team when playing against weaker sides or he could play when he is used in a specific role but he isnt going to be the main man and make a difference against a good team like Spurs. He just isnt good enough for that.

Crashoutcassius

Good god I would hate to see this thread when he has a bad game. Gives us all the pressure and urgency and creativity and intelligence and passion we ask for. All the donuts in here would rather martial standing on the wing asking for ball to feet and beating a man once per 60 minutes

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I dont think he was shit with the ball. He played well last night which is great considering this is his first game back.
On the ball, he just didnt do enough. He lost it in good positions, and there were no real key passes or unlocking Spurs' defence. If you look at his attacking stats over the years, they've been shocking. Yesterday was no different.

Minimalist

Can't remember his last good game when I've been watching.

Poor touches, poor control. Not very promising heading forward.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can’t fault the kid for effort but he is a mile away in ability to be a United starter if we want to be a top team. He’s woefully short and wouldn’t get a game as a regular at clubs like Everton Leicester etc another TC23 level type player. The quicker people realise this the better.

Janson

I've been one of his biggest defenders in the past while most were using him as a punching bag. I'm glad he's proving his critics wrong.

haram

He played well in the last game, dont know what people are talking about.

Kostov

There was actually one successful dribble against Spurs and I though "wow", that was the second time in I don't know how many times I've seen him to actually dribble and beat a man, the other time was some week ago on his Insta story, he dribbled past his barber.

Jokes aside, I felt he wasn't that bad, the obvious lack of talent on the ball should keep him out of starting position in this type of games at least. Squad player at best for me, but that's not up to him to decide.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He played well in the last game, dont know what people are talking about.
By play well you mean ; he run a lot, open space for others and played lots of short passes? If that is standard for man utd first 11 attacking player, then we are there where we belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.