Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why the dislike? He's a big game player. Im glad we have him
He’s not very good. Too, too often, he passes poorly in key positions, for a start. He possesses the required quality only in very small and specific scenarios, which typically involve getting a shot off from in and around 20 yards. Other than that, his game isn’t up to scratch in any area.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
He's better at getting himself in good positions rather than others. He's not a creator but his movement is fantastic and has a knack of picking great runs. Needs a Mata, Silva, De Bruyne type player in the team to take advantage of his skillset.

Loublaze

ATLien
And? Yes because Fergie was always right like about Moyes and Jones.

No he’s not the new Park. Park was better technically and Lingard would never have played a vital part in PSV reaching a champions league semi final. People give Park a lot of disservice but I would kill to have someone like him on our right wing right now.
I brought up Park because he was the subject sharp criticism from a section of United supporters, just like Lingard is. Lingard has individually outperformed Park in big games for United, that's a fact.

Loublaze

ATLien
I’m not bothered about the celebration, but Jesus Christ, why you comparing coming back from 3 goals to one goal down.

That Spurs game we looked dead and buried. Our defence was shaky as feck with Blanc. A draw from 3-0 down would be like a victory.
Double standards. Lingard equalized immediately after Arsenal took the lead, it was very frenetic. I'd expect anyone to celebrate in that situation. It seems Lingard's celebration is more important than the fact he actually helped his team get a bloody point

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Double standards. Lingard equalized immediately after Arsenal took the lead, it was very frenetic. I'd expect anyone to celebrate in that situation. It seems Lingard's celebration is more important than the fact he actually helped his team get a bloody point
You're not wrong, we hadn't even finished the replays before he put the ball in the net :lol: it's always great to spoil Arsenal's fun, however short lived it is.

Devil may care

The FTD guys are always defending him because they are buddies with him and his brother, and it's always about his movement, which is good, but more often than not his final ball or finishing just aren't good enough. I think long term he's a good squad player to have but if we are to become an actual challenger to the PL title he wont be a starter.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Credit to him for anticipating an error and sniffing out that second goal. He will run and run all day, it’s just his lack of quality that lets him down. Don’t get why he was taken off though, or why Lukaku was brought on. We definitely lost something after that change.

drdoityourself

I brought up Park because he was the subject sharp criticism from a section of United supporters, just like Lingard is. Lingard has individually outperformed Park in big games for United, that's a fact.
Wasn't Park at his best in those big games? I'm talking deep into the Champions League. I think you cannot be claiming this as a fact.

Bojan11

Fact?

Go look up the definition of fact.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Too busy coming up with celebrations and social media, overhyped english player with flashes of good spells across a full match, doesn't deserve to be in the lineup.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Strange comparisons, especially using the word hate.

Fletcher was given stick because he was generally played out of position when breaking into the team, using him off the right wing instead of giving him time in central midfield, he was often rotated with Ronaldo which didn't make things any better. He was more or less universally loved after settling in.
:lol:
Dude, I got into long thread fights with people one here swearing Fletcher had 'no identity on the pitch'. Even as a center midfielder. It didnt matter that he first broke into the team out of position. Even after good performances like our away victory at Arsenal, (when O'Shea scores the chip) he STILL got called out! He only started to get a modicum of support after the Roma 7-1. Yet still, I was involved in yet another thread war in here about him with people labeling me 'deluded' when I insisted a 'painfully average footballer below United standards' (their view) would get more and more playing time time now that we had better back up like Anderson, Nano and Hargeaves to play him with.

Trust me on this when I tell you Fletcher was hated from about 2005-2007. Then got grudging love after we won in Europe.

O'Shea had it the other way around, very well liked in the early days, stopped progressing and turned into a good squad player, got stick due to his shortcomings (which is hardly a surprise)

Players will always get stick. How much shit didn't Cristiano Ronaldo get ?
CR7 shut people up in 2007.

With Lingatd, till we win the league again he will always get this stupid stick. His record in big games and winning us things like an FA cup final wont determine these haters

Last edited:

marktan

The problem with comparing him to Park is that Park was the supporting cast to a great attacking team, whereas Lingard is often starting for us. If you put Lingard as sub in a team with Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez, then that's fine, but in no world is he a starter for a top 4 or even a top 6 team. Players like Richarlison or Sancho show more skill and initiative in one match than Lingard does in ten.

Loublaze

ATLien
Wasn't Park at his best in those big games? I'm talking deep into the Champions League. I think you cannot be claiming this as a fact.
Fact?

Go look up the definition of fact.
How many goals did Park score for us in knockout games? Park was a solid tactical player in a very successful and im not taking anything from him but when you compare the two individually Lingard has picked more moments to shine on the big stage. He's scored more Wembley goals than anyone else in our team, and more than most other players in the league.

Last edited:

Ekeke

For me he's got slightly better defensively this season but struggles to make an impact in attack

Stadjer

He was the one to pass to Rashford for Mata his goal right? Still.. just not good enough to be a Manchester United player and one of the first players there should be upgraded upon when the defense is sorted out.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No way on earth should he be a United regular. Very poor this season.

el3mel

One of the most pointless attacking players I have ever seen playing seen for us. Neither bad not great, just pointless and useless. I don't get who won't be doing what he's doing currently in this position.

kiristao

If he is going to play in that Central attacking role behind the striker than I would much rather have Mata play there or Fred.

Didn't really notice him today at all. Obvious by now he doesn't have the ability to be a starter here but hes a useful squad option.

kiristao

Agreed. Or I'd rather play Pogba there. Hell give Pereira a chance over Lingard.
Pogba is a good should as well. He can carry the ball, can make a pass, is decent defensively and has a good shot. Just needs to be instructed not to drop too deep to get the ball and to press the opposition.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What's today's excuse then?
That pre assist to Mata i presume. He can't make impact in game against fecking Fulham. Pointless player. But he will start next game against Liverpool.
I will say it now. Biggest reason is why we are shit is Lingard. No10 player who runs around?? No creation, no pass, no technique...he gets a ball and pass it back. Is that no10 player (or winger). Last few months posters said that his real position is no10. Today he played there. Did nothing. I can't understand what Jose see in him.
I would trade him for Bebe.

Jagga7

I like Lingard. He's off the ball running creates space for other players and I think he would excel if we ever turned into a high pressing team.

Minimalist

I like Lingard. He's off the ball running creates space for other players and I think he would excel if we ever turned into a high pressing team.
Needs to score more goals and provide more assists though regardless of whatever space he's creating. I don't want Danny Welbeck players who get pats on the back for working hard more often than not.

JoaquinJoaquin

That pre assist to Mata i presume. He can't make impact in game against fecking Fulham. Pointless player. But he will start next game against Liverpool.
I will say it now. Biggest reason is why we are shit is Lingard. No10 player who runs around?? No creation, no pass, no technique...he gets a ball and pass it back. Is that no10 player (or winger). Last few months posters said that his real position is no10. Today he played there. Did nothing. I can't understand what Jose see in him.
I would trade him for Bebe.
He is not bebe levels, but I do think that Lingard starting so much in the attacking positions does have a big impact in our poor attack. When he was out injured we played some our best stuff (apart from today) and as soon as he came back in we were poor again. He is lucky he gets such an easy ride from critics press wise because 99% of people can clearly see he isn't good enough to be a starter at a club challenging for trophies.

Jagga7

Needs to score more goals and provide more assists though regardless of whatever space he's creating. I don't want Danny Welbeck players who get pats on the back for working hard more often than not.
You could say that about any of our attackers.

We set up so defensively it's difficult for any of them to excel.

I think he would be a lot better in a different system.

Minimalist

True. But his numbers are particularly poor.

JoaquinJoaquin

You could say that for any of our players though. Simple fact is, for the amount of games he starts (which is nearly every one) at some point he needs to actually start having some good games. Could count on one hand the amount of good games he has said since the turn of year, which is shocking really.

Jagga7

True. But his numbers are particularly poor.
You could say that for any of our players though. Simple fact is, for the amount of games he starts (which is nearly every one) at some point he needs to actually start having some good games. Could count on one hand the amount of good games he has said since the turn of year, which is shocking really.
I still have faith in him!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I thought he was ok today, part of a well oiled pass and move forward line. His movement and clever touches helped the 1 touch passing we were seeing first half today. Sometimes the sum is better than the parts.

Definitely not as bad as people are saying. Also he links well with mata and Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.