4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

It’s gotten to a ridiculous degree now, and nothing to do with Lingard, it’s on Mourinho. How can he start him in 4 consecutive matches despite him being absolutely useless is a question only Mourinho can answer.

Djemba-Djemba

He's not good enough for Utd.

Or at least he's not good enough for the Man Utd i'd like us to be, scoring goals, playing nice football and winning the league and the European Cup.

stepic

He’s never been good enough. He’s shit. Used to at least come up with the odd freak goal but not even doing that now.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Man Utd- Young Boys- Taken off at 0-0, we win
Man Utd- Crystal Palace- Taken off, 0-0
Man Utd- Man City- Taken off, we lose, 1-1 after he goes off.
Man Utd- Juventus- Taken off at 0-1, we win
Man Utd- Derby, Taken off at 1-1, 2-2 draw and we lose on penalties. One assist.
Man Utd- Wolves, Taken off at 1-1, no goals after that.
Man Utd- Watford, we win, 2-1, he went off at 2-1
Man Utd- Burnley, we win 2-0, he went off at 2-0
Man Utd-Tottenham, we lose 0-3, he plays 90 mins.

Those are his starts this season. Consume this with his 0 goals scored. He has one assist in the Carabao Cup.
The last win he was a part of was in middle of September.
Yet since returning from injury he has now started four games in a row. He has done nothing with his opportunities this season, he should be buried behind Mata and Alexis after this. How we can start such an ineffective player in a front three is just absurd at this point.
And the most amazing stuff for me( and that is why i am more pissed why he starts again) is that we won without him against Newcastle, Bournemouth and Everton and played very good game against Chelsea away and played 2-2. We had good 4 games run and then he got his place in starting 11. Amazing. Just amazing.

Stadjer

What exactly are his specific qualities? When the day finally arrives when we improve on him and he gets sold to a midtable premier league team which of his qualities will make him stand out at his new club?

He isnt fast, he isnt a good dribbler, he doesnt have a superb technique/ball controll, he isnt a smart player with his positioning and he doesnt score/assist much... I dont watch England matches but during the worldcup he didnt show something special either.

I might be a bit biased though since he is most likely my least favorite United player at this moment but i just dont really see any qualities a United player should have. He scored a few cup goals that is mostly luck instead of a quality i think.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
When Mourinho is sacked (hopefully soon) and we start interviewing managers for the job; they should be asked what they would do with Lingard if they get appointed.

If they say anything other than 'transfer him' they shouldn't get hired because their judgement isn't good enough.
:lol:

Canagel

His positioning is all wrong as a RW. I don't get it. He never actually stays there like Martial is doing on the other side. No wonder the football is so disjointed

el3mel

He doesn't score, his finishing in front of the goal is awful, his key passing is non existent. His only qualities are running around and long range shooting.

Simply a pointless player to have up front.

Andrew McMahon

A hugely frustrating player. Nobody can disagree with the fact that lingard has excellent football intelligence. His movement is wonderful sometimes.. however, when he gets the ball.. he can't do anything with it. A real shame.

mewnew11

A hugely frustrating player. Nobody can disagree with the fact that lingard has excellent football intelligence. His movement is wonderful sometimes.. however, when he gets the ball.. he can't do anything with it. A real shame.
I disagree. He has a footballing brain of a sparrow.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
For England he plays as a attacking mid and in a free role and he tends to do very well for the national side and chip in with key goals but more importantly adds dynamism and good passing/possession play.

At United he looks lost and just so out of sorts - deployed on the wing where he offers fek all.

He’s not a great player by any means but he should be a lot more productive and dynamic than he is at the moment and a key squad player for us.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's good squad player but the problem is, he isn't used as a squad player. He starts most of the games he's fit for and Lingard is part of the problem at the moment sadly.

I don't read into his England form too much, international football is very different to club football.

haram

Well if we signed a proper winger we wouldn’t have this problem. What do people expect from a front line of Martial - Rashford - Lingard really?

red4ever 79

If someone will try to convince me this guy is any good then go...... Should have been booked at least once. Terrible in possesion, offers nothing going forwards, but apparantly he is a trier.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Nothing has changed in the past 3 years. Was never, and will never be good enough to be a starter. The fact that Jose starts him shows that he should be out asap

Andrew McMahon

I disagree. He has a footballing brain of a sparrow.
Really? I would say the best part of his game is his off the ball movement and the clever little runs he makes. I am not defending his overall player. He should be a league cup starter at best, but I think to fault his football IQ is incorrect.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Gets his goal in god knows how long but was utter dross again but but he ran a lot !!

JoaquinJoaquin

Done well on the goal, and was starting to actually play well for once and then was subbed off. Was poor in the first half as per though. The goal will of bought him a bit longer in the starting line up his fans will be pleased to know.

Minimalist

Pretty pants other than scoring his goal. Passing just isn't good enough for that position.

BlahRules

It’s really sad that his energy is what makes him more appealing than the other players we have on the bench, which then begs the question why do we have players who can’t move their arse?

I remember people said this about Martial and that tune has changed.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He plays in every formation and in every lineup. Amazing. Some players play, have a good game and go on the bench. Some after one bad game, don't play for months. But he plays every fecking game and does nothing.
And after this goal, he will play next 10 games

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
By virtue of not being an oaf, he's a good option right now

Would prefer Mata in for him though

Devil may care

Got a goal but he was careless with his passing again, which is odd as neat and tidy is his game.

Strats

He plays in every formation and in every lineup. Amazing. Some players play, have a good game and go on the bench. Some after one bad game, don't play for months. But he plays every fecking game and does nothing.
And after this goal, he will play next 10 games
This. Its incredibly frustrating. He’s been shite for quite some time now.

Bwuk

Offers energy, but isn’t good enough. You seen how the tempo dropped off when he went off though.

JoaquinJoaquin

Offers energy, but isn’t good enough. You seen how the tempo dropped off when he went off though.
Yeah, to his credit he was starting to have a good second half, then low and behold he gets replaced which is typical. Most people know he isn't good enough, and the ones who don't are clutching at straws now.

StretfordEnd95

If Lingard didn't come through the Academy he'd have been shipped off by now. He's not good enough for City or Liverpool, shouldn't be good enough for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The guts of 10 months without a goal.

That celebration was in the locker a while, shame it was just for an equaliser.

haram

Nothing has changed in the past 3 years. Was never, and will never be good enough to be a starter. The fact that Jose starts him shows that he should be out asap
I think it shows that we should have signed a fecking winger.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Took his goal incredibly well and deserved it after a decent performance. I love his energy, but its the only thing along with his movement that is consistently good. He has a lot of qualities but they are so sporadic its hard to think of him as anything other than a very good squad-player, designed for certain matches and serve as competition for a better player. It is hard to watch an out of form Lingard in our team consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.