g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jesse Lingard image 14

Jesse Lingard England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mewnew11

I gave him a lot of stick recently. However did well today second half. Still needs improvement but hopefully the goals help his confidence

Stadjer

Two goals and one assist, he had a good game but he had some bad moments too. Without the ball running around and trying to create space he does well but when he receives the ball it is very very average. Compared to all other players in an attacking role he is clearly the least talented and it showed.

I doubt a title winning side will ever include Jesse Lingard as a starter with such an important role but he is good enough to play in a good team against the not so good teams like Cardiff. Sanchez could potentially be really good at the position Lingard played today.

meamth

Two goals and one assist, he had a good game but he had some bad moments too. Without the ball running around and trying to create space he does well but when he receives the ball it is very very average. Compared to all other players in an attacking role he is clearly the least talented and it showed.

I doubt a title winning side will ever include Jesse Lingard as a starter with such an important role but he is good enough to play in a good team against the not so good teams like Cardiff. Sanchez could potentially be really good at the position Lingard played today.
Some people is just really hard to please, eh? What more do you want? Hattrick? He did well, demonstrated his weapons so well today.

ZlatMan

He picked up after an awful first half. His movement in the box can help us in crucial games for the remaining season.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Funny how the few who were chastising him after 20 minutes haven’t popped up here. Movement is always his strongest asset, but he delivered in the box today too. Great stat below:

Stadjer

Some people is just really hard to please, eh? What more do you want? Hattrick? He did well, demonstrated his weapons so well today.
While also showing his shortcomings.. some promising moments ended because he failed a relative easy pass or made a wrong decision. I said he had a good game, i just dont think he is good enough to be a starter if we want to win the league and that a better played should play (Sanchez) or someone else should be bought next transferperiod.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was very good today, and I’m a fan of his, but I do think he also showed he’s still not quite starting quality. The quality in the final third isn’t quite there.

Kept watching him/us today and thought ‘if we can get Sanchez playing well again, he’d be excellent here’.

Also noticed he dropped the gun lean. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that as a headline in the papers tomorrow if they work out what the dance is called, that’s the sort of stupid story the papers latch on to.

Camilo

Thought he was excellent, a very good player we've got in him - hard working, neat, scores goals and ties things together. Might not be the last word in outright ability, but he was the best player on the pitch for me today.

haram

Lets face it, he only wanted the pen so he could do the celebration :lol:.

Hephaestus

Funny how the few who were chastising him after 20 minutes haven’t popped up here. Movement is always his strongest asset, but he delivered in the box today too. Great stat below:

Actually thought he was a bit meh at the start but grew into it magnificently. Great finishes, loved the calmness for the fifth.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm really really warming to him as a player, he seems a lot more decisive when he is free to move everywhere and just pop up where space appears.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Nah. Some people chat shit about him, and when his performances don't marry up to the nonsense narrative they've created, they try their hardest to down play his contribution.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I'm really really warming to him as a player, he seems a lot more decisive when he is free to move everywhere and just pop up where space appears.
Yeah, his movement is something else. It is obvious he is technically not on the best level, but is also obvious he is good enough to be a squad player for United.

Just a feeling, but I think Fergie would love him as a player.

Walters_19_MuFc

Man of the match.

Solskjaer played the same set up Southgate plays for England, in that he had one winger drifting in (Lingard), with one keeping the width (Martial)

Players like Jesse need players around him. His first time passing is on a different level and we saw that today - the main one being his pass for Martial's goal.

Fantastic performance today.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Messi Lingard has returned! :lol:

El Jefe

Messe Lingod the local lad.

He's a very good player in a functioning attacking system. Jose gave him far too much responsibility thus exposing his limitations.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Still want to see Sanchez in the side ahead of him personally.

Shimo

To be honest I thought he was a detriment in the first half but, good for him for grabbing the 2 goals and the assist. What an excellent penalty - I was shocked it was him - thought would be Martial or Pogba.

Loublaze

ATLien
And they laughed here when I said Jesse would play well in Liverpool’s system. Who was it here that said he lacked work rate? Bull****
Hi haters. Where you at? Talk so much eh?
I present the haters. Yes i've quoted some posters more than once. My favorite one is the repeated line about him 'representing everything wrong' about this club.

The guys a clown. He wouldn't start for another club if that club had title ambitions. He's Newcastle's level.

How people can still want the likes of Lingard and Smalling still here is baffling, shows the levels of mediocrity we've grown accustomed to.
Having Lingard as a starter represents everything wrong with this United side.
If only he had some sort of ability on the ball. Shocking.
Who cares about football when you have JLingz and a clothing line?
Should spend more time working on his football than promoting his clothes.
Oh what a fraud. I mean he still has his fan boys who would say he scored a goal and made some runs but he is the most overrated footballer ever. Can't pass and is dumb as feck

To all the posters who keep saying he needs to play behind the striker ..... Today should be an eye opener
I absolutely hate and despise him. Represents everything wrong with this United. When will we get a manager that will kick his arse off like Cleverely ?
After Mourinho, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Young, Matic and Fellaini, he should be the first OUT.
Look at the stats for this guy! The two goals he has this year are from massive errors, and this guy is suppose to be one of our attacking players? And people are wondering why we are mid table.
He's the most pointless attacking player I have ever seen playing for United, except for the purple patch that extended 4 months only last season, he does nothing on the pitch except running a lot. I can't for god's sake imagine an attacking AM who can't make a single through or a chop to slice open defenses. His only purpose there is to try his luck with long shots.

Anyone who's happy with him being around shouldn't complain about the quality of the squad. He won't even get into this City or Liverpool bench.
Abysmal this guy. He moves around a lot but his delivery in possession is s*it. His decision making is s8it and I bet his clothing label is s*it.
Good dancer though
Runs aimlessly as usual;at least he cared.

Not a united material should be wearing his clothing brand than United shirt.
He’s just another one in a long list really. How do you ever plan on challenging for a league with him in your best 11? Ridiculous.
This thread is on repeat after every game. Totally useless player. Player less on the pitch. He played on no10. Didn't create anything. And the two things which killed me;
1) we have counter attack, he has open space with only Robertson and he( our no10, our main creative player in lineup) even doesn't try to beat Robertson. He is looking how to pass the ball back.
2) he doesn't play defence anymore. He is jogging to defence. For their 3rd goal he had couple of chances to play defence. He just watched.

If/when we hire new coach, he will be on the bench at best
People in the matchday thread claiming he'd shut everybody up after his lucky goal from a calamitous error from Alisson, sums up the reactionary attitudes on this forum massively :lol:. The guy is about as bang average a player as you can get, he doesn't particularly do anything really well, he just comes up with a goal every now and again, people seem to forget he is 26 as well, he should be coming into the prime of his career, he may act like a complete child but he isn't one and if this is him coming into his prime, then why the hell is he even in this team, it's a joke.

But then again that sums up the forum again really doesn't it, a player like Young is garbage, but he whips in a good cross every now and again or scores a worldie once in like 20 games and all of a sudden he's class and deserves to play, Fellaini, absolute dog shit all over the field, but pops up with a last minute headed goal every now and again and so this means he's quality and should definitely be playing for us, it's just ridiculous.
Dreadful player. Has people brainwashed.

A player who cared for the club so much would be getting his head down and focusing on the Liverpool match. Not launching his own crap clothing brand.

He's all me, me, me. Lingard is the biggest example of what is wrong with this club.
Average player, he must feel incredibly lucky to play everyday for Man United. Like waking up as a lottery winner everyday
Lingard and Ashley Young are the two players I detest more than anyone in this squad. Two players who start most games and yet represent why we are a laughing stock around world football. Both bang average and wouldnt get a game at any half decent premier league side. Cant even look at their faces,
He believes in his "hype" now. After that purple patch of 4 months last year he believes he's already top player and a main United player so why work hard anymore. Our squad is a bunch of some very arrogant players with nothing to show for.

Status
Not open for further replies.