4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

12bes

Modern day social media clown, who epitimoses everything wrong with the modern Manchester United. Hes 26 , going on 15. Absolute balloon.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The market has exploded. 40m is the new 20.
Can't see any of the top four being interested and I doubt he will want to take a step down. I can't see us selling him though so it's pointless.

ash_86

Can't see any of the top four being interested and I doubt he will want to take a step down. I can't see us selling him though so it's pointless.
He doesn't have a choice if he wants to be played and keep his England spot. He'll fit in well at Everton or Bournemouth.

12bes

Who was that lower league player who scored loads of fancy goals, Lee Trundle?. He was ineffective just got headlines for daft pieces of skill.... He was pretty shit though and never got a break. Lingard isn't that good at all, hes got a bit in his locker, but its nothing a top top club would look at.... Infact hes pretty average really.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Incey going in hard :D

He is simply not good enough to wear a Manchester United shirt.

'All we see on social media is his new clothing line, his dancing, trips to Las Vegas and Miami. In reality, he's scored two goals all season.

'A player in his position has only managed two goals - but still has his own goal celebration?

You don't need to make your own clothing brand as though you are one of the best stars in the world. He needs to remember who he is.

'He's come a long way since he couldn't get in the Derby side. Besides, the way he plays, who would want to wear his clothing range anyway?

'I hate saying it - but he wouldn't have got away with it in my time. These players, when they come to United and want to be successful, should take a look at how the proper players conducted themselves.

'If you're top of the table and you've got three Premier League title winners medals, a Champions League winners medal etcetera, then you can go and create your clothing brand. But he's not.

'He's a prime example of everything that's wrong at Manchester United.
:lol:
I laugh because it's true and if I didn't, I'd put my head through a wall and I can't take that again

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Wait when Art of Living gurus come out and criticize Ince for his comments. Football comes first. Other interests can be pursued later.

Eugenius

Bit fed up about these pundits coming out of the woodwork with this "in my day..." nonsense.

Completely silly and incongruous arguments which boil down to:
"He's crap at football because he has his own clothing line"
"If he wasn't crap at football, I wouldn't mind him having a clothing line"

van Nistelrooy

Paul Ince is absolutely spot on and it has been obvious for years!!

How is this not being acted on? Oh, because he is a popular asset with all the children who play FIFA.

Absolutely embarrassing that we allow this clown to represent our club!

RonaldoVII

Rent a quote Ince at it again. Clearly nothing better to do. Lingard should be learning a language instead, like that would help him play better :lol:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He never had Manchester United quality to begin with and got hyped up at times here and in real life with some mates because he was from the academy. As I said in another thread these lads are all about social media they are boys none of them would last 10 minutes in a game with the likes of a Roy Keane for example.

SportingCP96

Supports
No I'm serious. Regular England international. Only 26 years old. C'mon, Ox went for 40 2 years back.
Sadly its because of Inflation because Jesse and Ox are both worth no more then 15M and that's because they play in the EPL a big club outside of England would pay no more than 10M but with the money and football and inflation I would not be surprised.

marktan

He never had Manchester United quality to begin with and got hyped up at times here and in real life with some mates because he was from the academy. As I said in another thread these lads are all about social media they are boys none of them would last 10 minutes in a game with the likes of a Roy Keane for example.
Social media has given rise to a generation of show-off fannies, whose main goal is to look nice and chase reputation rather than putting in hard graft. Most of my generation on IG are insufferable, showing of their latest meal, purchase or holiday ad infinitum. It's a hard trap in some ways - because if you chose not to involve yourself, you lose out on publicity, but if you do you can easily get consumed with too much of that bs.

I guess it's not too dissimilar to players of the past that spent too much time partying. It takes a lot of professionalism to put all that too one side and focus on the actual football. Personally in Lingard's case the blame goes more to Mourinho, for not signing anyone better and continuing to play him. I think he'd really struggle in any top 10 side in the PL, and would like just average in most PL sides. Aside from running a lot, he really doesn't have much going for his game skill wise.

ForestRGoinUp

Modern day social media clown, who epitimoses everything wrong with the modern Manchester United. Hes 26 , going on 15. Absolute balloon.
::buzz::
“Who is Jesse Lingard...I’ll take ‘The Absolute State of Man United’ for $800 please Alex.”

Renegade

He shouldn’t be playing as many games as he does for us. Such a gassed up geezer. I thought he’d be our modern day answer to park ji sung. I was wrong.

I don’t agree with those who complain about what he does privately though. As if he should be sittting at home after training reading books etc. The footballers of the past probably acted daft behind closed doors. Just no camera’s to catch it or social media to share it.

SportingCP96

Supports
Social media has given rise to a generation of show-off fannies, whose main goal is to look nice and chase reputation rather than putting in hard graft. Most of my generation on IG are insufferable, showing of their latest meal, purchase or holiday ad infinitum. It's a hard trap in some ways - because if you chose not to involve yourself, you lose out on publicity, but if you do you can easily get consumed with too much of that bs.

I guess it's not too dissimilar to players of the past that spent too much time partying. It takes a lot of professionalism to put all that too one side and focus on the actual football. Personally in Lingard's case the blame goes more to Mourinho, for not signing anyone better and continuing to play him. I think he'd really struggle in any top 10 side in the PL, and would like just average in most PL sides. Aside from running a lot, he really doesn't have much going for his game skill wise.
He is a tom cleverly regen simply not good enough.

reddaz71

If Ferguson was manager he would make every single one of these clowns delete their social media accounts, are we feeling indifferent these days because Utd now resembles a comedy club? I suspect many of us are, this club has had a spectacular fall from grace in the last 5 years and the likes of lingard and pogba give out so many wrong signals that it just breeds more and more indifference!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
All this hate for his social media antics and clothing line usually would have me defending the player. Not Jesse. He truly has not earned that level of fandom. It actually is a big reason why our players as a whole struggle. There's really no motivation to succeed as a footballer. Why would they try to succeed? Their contracts are bigger than anything they would get anywhere else. They don't have anyone in the dressing room slapping them across the head making sure they focus on their priorities. It's completely fine if you use your fame to push a career past the football, I actually admire it, but it's absurdly out of context with jesse. What's more annoying is seeing how Rashford is taggling along with him to all these pseudo-rapper events dressed up like he's some washed up pimp from the 80s. Ffs prove success in your main priority in life before celebrating like you're at the pinnacle of your career

SER19

I agree, this is the problem, like Keane eluded to yesterday, he’s a good footballer, but he’s not Utd quality, the problem is the defence will probably need sorting first, so this area of the pitch will get neglected again. It’s been the same every season.
That we havent signed a conventional right sided attacker in how many years is shocking. Again we can blame managers but woodward has been the constant and those had the top have at least some responsibility in squad management. Weve had a bloated imbalanced squad for 5 years. Compared to say liverpool who under Rodgers or klopp at least signed players of some sort of consistent profile. Coutinho and firmino under Rodgers easily fit into the club and next manager

Mcking

Turns out he isn't really bad when we actually play football. Just another player being hampered by Jose' awful football.

el3mel

Great second half, as Pogba he grew into the game and got deserved 2 goals.

drdoityourself

I enjoyed that performance. Have been really unimpressed by him for a while now but he was fantastic.

kidbob

Sometimes lacks quality but the lad works his ass off and loves the club. Delighted for him. Brilliant today.

prateik

2 goals and an assist.. Should get the assist for winning the pen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.