g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jesse Lingard image 14

Jesse Lingard England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

red4ever 79

Abysmal this guy. He moves around a lot but his delivery in possession is s*it. His decision making is s8it and I bet his clothing label is s*it.

kiristao

What was most disappointing for me was his lack of work rate in defense. He was not helping out on the right, nor was he helping in the middle..

Kostov

I did not expect you to defend him.. whats next? You are going to order a shirt of his clothingbrand?

I do agree though, he isnt good enough for Manchester United or the level Manchester United should be at. He could be in the squad as homegrown player and he seems like a likeable person in the squad but he really shouldnt play often. When he does play it should be in easy games so the quality players can carry him but now he is supposed to carry a poor team. That just isnt going to happen. He really shouldnt be a starter against Liverpool at Anfield though and i think he proved that today.

In a perfect world he would sit on the bench for Watford though...
I'm not defending him, I think everyone knows that I regard him as not being good enough, the guy that keeps playing him is the problem. Lingard does his best and that's not enough.

Hate though, is a strong feeling towards a player of our own. I'm sure @el3mel does not hate him either.

Bwuk

0/10.

If Robertson had had better delivery today Liverpool would of had a field day. He was completely unmarked the whole game.

Devil may care

Got a goal and ran around a lot but this system will never get the best out of him and he remains wasteful in good positions.

LJJT

He fights for the cause and gives a shit. Least he’s got some balls and tries. Much bigger issues than this lad

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Runs aimlessly as usual;at least he cared.

Not a united material should be wearing his clothing brand than United shirt.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This thread is on repeat after every game. Totally useless player. Player less on the pitch. He played on no10. Didn't create anything. And the two things which killed me;
1) we have counter attack, he has open space with only Robertson and he( our no10, our main creative player in lineup) even doesn't try to beat Robertson. He is looking how to pass the ball back.
2) he doesn't play defence anymore. He is jogging to defence. For their 3rd goal he had couple of chances to play defence. He just watched.

If/when we hire new coach, he will be on the bench at best

L1nk

People in the matchday thread claiming he'd shut everybody up after his lucky goal from a calamitous error from Alisson, sums up the reactionary attitudes on this forum massively :lol:. The guy is about as bang average a player as you can get, he doesn't particularly do anything really well, he just comes up with a goal every now and again, people seem to forget he is 26 as well, he should be coming into the prime of his career, he may act like a complete child but he isn't one and if this is him coming into his prime, then why the hell is he even in this team, it's a joke.

But then again that sums up the forum again really doesn't it, a player like Young is garbage, but he whips in a good cross every now and again or scores a worldie once in like 20 games and all of a sudden he's class and deserves to play, Fellaini, absolute dog shit all over the field, but pops up with a last minute headed goal every now and again and so this means he's quality and should definitely be playing for us, it's just ridiculous.

Bwuk

Think this game again further shows that Lingard isn’t a wide player at all. #10 or not at al.

van Nistelrooy

Dreadful player. Has people brainwashed.

A player who cared for the club so much would be getting his head down and focusing on the Liverpool match. Not launching his own crap clothing brand.

He's all me, me, me. Lingard is the biggest example of what is wrong with this club.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
First away goal since New Years day.

Expect him to go on a run now....

KingOfJing88

Think this game again further shows that Lingard isn’t a wide player at all. #10 or not at al.
He played as a 10 in the first half. Problem is he never ever looks to receive the ball on the half turn an that’s why the majority of his passes go back/sideways.. The most frustrating aspect of his game in the first half was seeing Matic and Herrera being out worked by Liverpool’s 3 cm’s and never really seeing Lingard dropping back deeper . United will never be a force while Lingard has such an influential role in the team. He lacks every main attribute world class 10’s have. Just imagine the difference Greizman would’ve made

Djemba-Djemba

I thought other than the goal he was utterly dreadful.

His passing and his crossing were just appalling.

He'd be acceptable as a squad option, not as a regular starter every week who is expected to be our main creative outlet. No wonder we struggle to create anything almost every week.

Last edited:

red4ever 79

Lingard and Ashley Young are the two players I detest more than anyone in this squad. Two players who start most games and yet represent why we are a laughing stock around world football. Both bang average and wouldnt get a game at any half decent premier league side. Cant even look at their faces,

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
The issue is that when Lingard is our best player, it shows that the level of our team is poorly and utterly sh*te.

He would never be a regular starter at City, Pool, Spurs, PSG, Madrid, Barcelona, Juve or Bayern

I never liked him, his behaviour outside the pitch, and never liked his qualities.

He's not fast, not good at passing and doesn't help much the transitions. Really poor to me.

He empathize exactly the situation we're in since Moyes.

Average players leading the club.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a very limited player and inconsistent to top it off.

People on here talk about him being a squad but he's clearly not. He starts most games when fit and his wages reflect that too. He's part of the problem unfortunately.

ZlatMan

Only him and Rashford cared enough to actually attack Liverpool. Point the fingers at players who aren't arsed enough to care about this shirt instead of picking on a local lad.

Djemba-Djemba

Only him and Rashford cared enough to actually attack Liverpool. Point the fingers at players who aren't arsed enough to care about this shirt instead of picking on a local lad.
I'm a local lad.

If you're not good enough I don't care if you're local. And Lingard isn't good enough to be starting every week for Man Utd.

This is his 4th season as a regular now and aside from a 2 month period last year around Xmas he's always been like this.

SER19

Good enough to be a useful squad player and when on form could even manage longer runs in side. Shouldn't be starting if our ambitions are bigger than 6th

Bojan11

Cared enough? What are you going on about? Him and Rashforf were two of the attackers. Lingard couldn’t pass to save his life and then loops a cross over out of play before the second goal.

People say he works hard. If he was why did Robertson have the freedom of the pitch. Rashford was running back. Lingard wasn’t bothering.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm a local lad.

If you're not good enough I don't care if you're local. And Lingard isn't good enough to be starting every week for Man Utd.

This is his 4th season as a regular now and aside from a 2 month period last year around Xmas he's always been like this.
Attitude can only get a player so far, if you're not good enough, you're not good enough. Can't see a huge improvement from him either, he's 26, not a kid anymore.

drdoityourself

There are so many narratives about this guy that just don't sit right with me.

He gets the club, because he's a local lad- Does he? Scoring against Arsenal, he goes for this over the top celebration when he just equalized at home. The stereotypical United player of the past would just fetch the ball and get on with it.
Same against Liverpool, the celebration was the signature JLingz symbol, not raw emotion. The same week he gets under scrutiny for pushing a personal brand when the team is uninspiring and poor.

Attack, attack, attack is the rallying cry from the fans, but he refuses to turn with the ball. If he doesn't get it in stride he will pass it back to you. When he's on the pitch he is one of the main culprits of our uninspired attacks. His through balls and crossing are awful.

How does he get the club? Everything about how he plays when he has the ball, how he acts off the pitch, screams the opposite of that.

I really didn't want to go criticizing him for celebrations and off field persona, but this "He gets the club" line is bandied about so often on this forum that you have to look into what reasons are behind that claim.

The young Jesse- He's 26, the same age as Mané and Salah. He's at the peak age of a quick attacking player. He's not young anymore.

The squad player- He starts every game when he isn't injured. If he sits out it's because the big guns are being rested for a bigger occasion.

Last edited:

Beaucoup

Good enough to be a useful squad player and when on form could even manage longer runs in side. Shouldn't be starting if our ambitions are bigger than 6th
I agree, this is the problem, like Keane eluded to yesterday, he’s a good footballer, but he’s not Utd quality, the problem is the defence will probably need sorting first, so this area of the pitch will get neglected again. It’s been the same every season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Cared enough? What are you going on about? Him and Rashforf were two of the attackers. Lingard couldn’t pass to save his life and then loops a cross over out of play before the second goal.

People say he works hard. If he was why did Robertson have the freedom of the pitch. Rashford was running back. Lingard wasn’t bothering.
Last goal shows how he "cares much". From the beggining of action he watched shaqiri. Just watched. He jogged and watched. Whole game he did that. How many times he didn't track Vsn dijk or Fabinho after weclost the ball.
Last year he was hard worker and now he is not even that anymore.

el3mel

Last goal shows how he "cares much". From the beggining of action he watched shaqiri. Just watched. He jogged and watched. Whole game he did that. How many times he didn't track Vsn dijk or Fabinho after weclost the ball.
Last year he was hard worker and now he is not even that anymore.
He believes in his "hype" now. After that purple patch of 4 months last year he believes he's already top player and a main United player so why work hard anymore. Our squad is a bunch of some very arrogant players with nothing to show for.

ash_86

Not good enough for us. He's already 26 now and has very little score for development. Why can't we sell him for £40m and add funds on top to buy an actual #10?

Silas

Not good enough for us. He's already 26 now and has very little score for development. Why can't we sell him for £40m and add funds on top to buy an actual #10?
We're the only club that would buy him for £40m.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.