4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Pretty damn good yesterday, his link-up game with technically sound players is amazing.
Yes we saw yesterday how good these technically talented players can be. Let’s hope it continues. Now if only he could add a silly dance to his repertoire I would be happy :)

Fracture90

Yes we saw yesterday how good these technically talented players can be. Let’s hope it continues. Now if only he could add a silly dance to his repertoire I would be happy :)
Even though I always knew our previous system was holding our players down, that pass he made for Martial's goal surprised me.

A-man

Even though I always knew our previous system was holding our players down, that pass he made for Martial's goal surprised me.
That was the goal of the season for me. Not only for United but for PL. Technically advanced skills from several players.

Canagel

That was the goal of the season for me. Not only for United but for PL. Technically advanced skills from several players.
Not sure about PL - Arsenal have been scoring goals like that for years and they got two more again this year but definitely United's goal of the season

A-man

Gotta agree with you. That was textbook goal.
Not sure about PL - Arsenal have been scoring goals like that for years and they got two more again this year but definitely United's goal of the season
Most important: it showed the skills are there. You can always score amazing goals by lucky long shots, etc but this kind of goal you can only score with skills and talent. From several players.

There are probably a few just as nice goals from other teams, but I really loved this one. As I wrote, it reminded me of the fanstastic goals we could see when Iniesta and Messi played at their peak.

Fracture90

Most important: it showed the skills are there. You can always score amazing goals by lucky long shots, etc but this kind of goal you can only score with skills and talent. From several players.

There are probably a few just as nice goals from other teams, but I really loved this one. As I wrote, it reminded me of the fanstastic goals we could see when Iniesta and Messi played at their peak.
Think there was never a question whether they got the skills needed to play that way, we saw similar goals under LVG, but the system was the problem.

A-man

Think there was never a question whether they got the skills needed to play that way, we saw similar goals under LVG, but the system was the problem.
I think many of them have been questioned and there have been a lot of fans who wanted to get rid of Martial, Pogba and Lingard. They have not always performed that well, but most important is that the potential is there imo.

Fracture90

I think many of them have been questioned and there have been a lot of fans who wanted to get rid of Martial, Pogba and Lingard. They have not always performed that well, but most important is that the potential is there imo.
I really question the football knowledge and allegiances of those fan's tbh.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Who said this? You'll both be eating humble pie along with the other band of haters led by @el3mel . Lingod has 4 goals and 1 assist in his last few games, long may it continue! There's every reason to be positive now that we have a manager who plays attacking football and will bring the best out of Lingard. Cue the retort about his purple patch and performing in streaks, stinking up the place with his dancing and his clothing line business, being everything that's wrong about the club etc
Never said anything like that.
In fact, I posted that I've a lot of time for Lingard, I just don't think he's good enough for the club and collectively, his performances have shown my opinion to be near enough right. We will see how he kicks on

The sad part of this is that you, couldn't wait to get on the Internet, to name a bunch of strangers, whom you've never met, in order to get a cheap laugh or thrill from other strangers, whom you've never met...

Bit weird but, if that makes you happy then I'm happy for you. Well done and Happy Christmas :)

Kostov

Decent back up for Sanchez if Sanchez can find form, however Lingard was key today, his movement (and pressing) was really good. Took his second goal well.
I agree, we’d be a better team, but Lingard did score two goals today and credit to him.

There were 3-4 times throughout the game where his final ball was lacking, i was referring to that. Against a better team we will need that quality.

Backrow Singer

I still maintain that he is an average player, if I see this kind of performance on a consistent basis, which he has never been able to do in his entire career so far, i'm more than happy to eat my words because it means we'd have a fantastic homegrown player on our hands, but he has these kinds of matches once in a blue moon and every other time he just isn't that good, he needs that consistency, especially now that he's 26.

Hopefully he can take this clean slate that everyone has and kick on after todays great performance from him
Exactly right, fully agree. ‘Hater’, blimey I’ve not heard that used seriously since Year 4. Really soft comment @Loublaze but it’s to be expected. As always, when a player who divides opinion has either a good game or a poor game, one group turns round and goes “hahaha you were wrong, I’m right and you know nothing”. There’s never an in-between is there.

Loublaze

ATLien
Never said anything like that.
In fact, I posted that I've a lot of time for Lingard, I just don't think he's good enough for the club and collectively, his performances have shown my opinion to be near enough right. We will see how he kicks on

The sad part of this is that you, couldn't wait to get on the Internet, to name a bunch of strangers, whom you've never met, in order to get a cheap laugh or thrill from other strangers, whom you've never met...

Bit weird but, if that makes you happy then I'm happy for you. Well done and Happy Christmas :)
Oh please get off your high horse. We're all strangers here on an internet forum/online community and we all for the most part anyway engage in banter. Why did you sign up on this site to engage with strangers? Why are you wasting your time responding to a stranger you'll never meet in person? What a strange post. BTW I only quoted you because it seems your biggest problem with LIngard is the way he celebrates, never mind that he scored and contributed. Happy holidays to you too sir :)

Last edited:

Verminator

Only one issue with Lingard playing and that's he doesn't give us natural width.

He clogs up the middle a bit too much for my liking and he doesn't have the quality in those tight spaces to make it worth sacrificing for.

As others have said, hopefully someone like Sanchez can get some game to finally show his worth.
Like the clogged penalty box, when he played a perfect, first time pass for Martial's goal?
Or the quality to make a run, hold off a defender, then round the keeper to score?

Response from someone incoming "He needs to score and assist three times, consistently to be a squad player."

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Exactly, he scored the 4th and 5th goals, at that time we already won the game and Cardiff didn't care about defensive as much as offensive.

Where are all that amazing movement, great passing, chance creating on the first half while we actually need? I remember he broke some of our opportunities by his poor touches or wrong pass.

I still think he's not good enough to play in Manchester City or Liverpool team, hope he can prove me wrong.
Assisted for the third goal.

BaseFishing

Agree with the above posts - I think he should definitely be ahead of Sanchez in the pecking order, until the latter gives a reason for him not to be at least.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Oh please get off your high horse. We're all strangers here on an internet forum/online community and we all for the most part anyway engage in banter. Why did you sign up on this site to engage with strangers? Why are you wasting your time responding to a stranger you'll never meet in person? What a strange post. BTW I only quoted you because it seems your biggest problem with LIngard is the way he celebrates, never mind that he scored and contributed. Happy holidays to you too sir :)
Have no problem with his celebrations. My issue comes from him, from what I see, not being good enough. However, I'll be incredibly happy to be proved wrong, as he is one of us.

Apologies for my initial post. Was very insulting of me and I should be more polite.

Loublaze

ATLien
Have no problem with his celebrations. My issue comes from him, from what I see, not being good enough. However, I'll be incredibly happy to be proved wrong, as he is one of us.

Apologies for my initial post. Was very insulting of me and I should be more polite.
No problems my man no need to apologize.

criticalanalysis

Sanchez whilst being a more talented player is guilty of many of the this Jesse is being accused of. Plus he appears to wants to play on the left.
Agree but I think Sanchez has more spontaneous ability. He hasn't really shown it with Utd but he has that extra quality to unlock/break through tighter defences and create better situations, whilst also bringing good movement on and off the ball. Lingard is a very good player for the team and deserves to be starting but most of his good work comes through the middle.

I think even OGS said he thought the players were on top of each other. The natural next step for tactical instruction will be to retain more width, with a more nuanced attacking shape, which then means Sanchez > Lingard in the wide attacking position.

Like the clogged penalty box, when he played a perfect, first time pass for Martial's goal?
Or the quality to make a run, hold off a defender, then round the keeper to score?

Response from someone incoming "He needs to score and assist three times, consistently to be a squad player."
See above.

RedCurry

He’s a good dribbler of the ball when he picks it just outside of the box. He has to back himself and try it more often.

ash_86

Decent back up for Sanchez if Sanchez can find form, however Lingard was key today, his movement (and pressing) was really good. Took his second goal well.
Have to agree. If Ole can get Sanchez into form, he should replace Lingard comfortably. Not taking anything away from Lingard performances against cardiff. He was good.

Martial----- - -------Rashford
---------- Sanchez--------

Is what i want to see going forward with Sanchez as inverted forward enabling Martial and Rashford.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very impressed by his performance. Since much of his qualities in the less obvious/individualistic areas such as movement, intelligence and work rate, he should benefit from a cohesive, fluid attacking system even more than others, somewhat like the players we see struggling outside of Dortmund. Then again, one game isn't enough to know whether we will have that in the 2nd half of the season.

goofygoofygoofy

I think even OGS said he thought the players were on top of each other. The natural next step for tactical instruction will be to retain more width, with a more nuanced attacking shape, which then means Sanchez > Lingard in the wide attacking position.
I don't think that Solksjaer meant that he doesn't want a lot of people in the middle. I think it's just that they were too close at times. I recall Martial and Lingard running across each other at one point.

Look at Martial's goal. He picked up the ball in the middle (very close to the centre circle actually) and started dribbling. Then he, Pogba and Lingard used their 3v2 against the LB (Lingard's marker) and the DM (Pogba's marker) to fashion the opportunity for Martial to run past the spare CB and score.

Look at Lingard's run for the penalty. He moves into the middle, his marker 'can't' follow and he's picked out by Matic. He then uses this space to start running at the back line and is brought down in the area.

It doesn't make sense that Ole wanted more width when lack of width was got two of our goals.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Thought he could have done better in the first half, but he really stepped up in the second half. Lovely bits of interchange with Rashford and Martial. 2 goals and 1 assist. Fantastic.
I agree but this time, he finally added some end product. The queston for me is how consistent he can do that

Doracle

Do we think he’s now our penalty taker? It seems a bit surprising that he overruled Pogba if he hadn’t officially been given that role? Was a class penalty, so I’d be happy for him to be given the role for the time being!

Nick7

Thought he could have done better in the first half, but he really stepped up in the second half. Lovely bits of interchange with Rashford and Martial. 2 goals and 1 assist. Fantastic.
I thought his movement was fantastic on the first half. I was saying if his decision making and execution was better he would be great. Second half was a glimpse of that.

AgentP

Do we think he’s now our penalty taker? It seems a bit surprising that he overruled Pogba if he hadn’t officially been given that role? Was a class penalty, so I’d be happy for him to be given the role for the time being!
Yeah, no dilly dallying. A proper run up and hit the ball in the corner. Even Martial is a good penalty taker. It should be between the two. Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez all have a bad conversion rate.

Kostov

Nope, simply because he should be back on the bench as soon as our best attackers are fit and available.

Status
Not open for further replies.