4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral United

I used to think he is good squad player, but this is new low for him.
Seriously need to get rid.
Give his minute to someone else.

Djemba-Djemba

He is so ineffective as part of a front 3, play him in midfield ffs.
He'd be even worse in midfield!

He's just not good enough, people need to accept that.

We need to stop giving these players who have shown time and again they aren't good enough chance after chance.

JoaquinJoaquin

Someone said it on reddit that if he wasn't English and homegrown he'd be considered a bigger flop than Sanchez. Though I disagree with that OTT view, he really is a player that should be battling for his place on the bench and not starting. Other than his mindless running he contributes to absolutely nothing else.
I'm not sure it is OTT. Sanchez has never been given the amount of starts as Lingard, even if he has been awful for the majority of the time he has played. I genuinely believe if you give any of Sanchez, Periera, Chong, Gomes or Greenwood the amount of starts Lingard gets, they would a) Play much better than Lingard and b) get better goals and assists.

If we start next season with the likes of this fraud starting I probably won't even go to OT, because why should I? The club is rotten to the core and happy to reward mediocrity.

redshaw

Seems to have lost the tenacity that he even had under Jose.

He has been injured and was rushed back only to be taken off after actually getting in a good position to score inside the box. Ole made a mistake bringing him back too early and he keeps playing him now even though he's like a ghost on the pitch.

People say Ole has no options but he's put Dalot on to transform games.

Bwuk

One of the senior players nowadays and can’t be trusted to deliver often enough.

NoPace

He's a good finisher, should sign for a team like Burnley or Brighton who could use a mobile #10 on the counter.

Beaucoup

You can sugar coat it however you want, he’s not good enough for us and he’s probably not good enough for Watford either.

Ashish Negi

Lingard all time PL record for MUFC
Matches - 109
Goals - 17
Assist - 10

Sterling this season for city
Matches - 27
Goals - 17
Assist- 9

Fraser this season
Matches - 33
Goals- 7
Assists- 11

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Dreadful since the injury. Needs to pick it up, surely he knows we'll be signing another winger this summer so he needs to impress.

El Zoido

Matches - 109
Goals - 17
Assist - 10

Matches - 27
Goals - 17
Assist- 9

Fraser this season
Matches - 33
Goals- 7
Assists- 11
He puts in a shift off the ball though.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Matches - 109
Goals - 17
Assist - 10

Matches - 27
Goals - 17
Assist- 9

Fraser this season
Matches - 33
Goals- 7
Assists- 11
He opens space for others to score and assist. Can Sterling do that?

Perseus

He's a good finisher, should sign for a team like Burnley or Brighton who could use a mobile #10 on the counter.
Lingard played for Brighton as a link between defence and attack and did rather well in 2013-14. Wages OTT though.

billybee99

2 goals and 1 assist came against Cardiff.
2 goals in 2 games against Arsenal.
1 goal in a loss against Liverpool.
1 assist against Huddersfield.
1 assist against Derby.

He's the Purple Patch Kid. One great month every year then goes into hibernation for the rest of the season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Never been good enough and still not good enough. People come with this off the ball movement and pressing, but his productivity has been shit since day one. There is no way he should be starting games, maybe, but only maybe, be a squad player at best

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Post injury he's certainly struggled to get back to the form he was in before hand.

Has it all to do to show he's worth a start next season though.

L1nk

Why has he suddenly turned into a Championship player? Bizarre
He's always been a Championship player, people have just refused to see it because he's from the academy.

This is why, whenever he has a couple of decent games a season people start referring to him as Jesse Lingod and act like he's the second coming, despite the fact he's garbage and never been good enough to play for United, entertaining mediocre players like this for seasons and paying them extortionate wages they haven't earned has got us where we are now. This guy wouldn't get into the squad of any other top team in Europe, nevermind wrangle over 100k a week out of them.

But he's from the academy and puts in a shift so who gives a shit if he's absolute trash tier, with the stats to back it up, right?

Negan

If he didn’t score those three goals in the finals, I’d want him gone immediately. He offers us nothing apart from “I’m a Manc innit” :rolleyes:

sam147

He is from the academy and English. Based of that alone he will stay at the club for a few years. In an ideal world he would be sold this summer. However, years of underinvestment has resulted in zero squad depth. We need to sign a top quality RW this summer. The following January/Summer we need to sign a versatile back up player and get rid of Lingard. Jesse is a nothing player. People say he is versatile. Thats easy to say because he does the exact same thing wherever you play him. If he plays RW he lacks to ability to take a player on and cross so he drifts inwards, gets the ball and passes sidways. If he plays CAM he does exactly the same thing. You can play him LW and he will do the same thing. Why? Because he lacks ability on the ball. He does the bare minimum any forward should do, which is pressing and showing movement. However, such is the state of our team that fans think that is good enough to warrant a place in the squad. Ji-Sung Park was actually a far superior footballer, so end the comparisons.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Looked half decent as a wingback - perhaps try him at right back and see if he’ll get on board with the idea, but he shouldn’t be used in the attacking third by any team with ambitions of challenging for honours.

The fact he’s an obnoxious little twat with his own nonsense J-Lingz brand and moronic social media videos makes his woeful lack of talent even more infuriating.

He thinks he’s untouchable because he’s Pogba’s gimp, so both should be exiled in the summer; I think Rashford’s developing egocentricity can be accredited to their friendship too.

deafepl

I feel like he's having a bad influence on Rashford, I remember the moment when Rashford and Lingard were playing for England, Lingard told Rashford to not shot in the box and asked for a pass if I recall.

Lingard's movement is entirely overrated, Rashford was much better than him at off the ball, with Rashford, we managed to create attack chance through Rashford's positioning and off-ball movement, how many opportunities did we create for Lingard with his movement? He didn't score a lot, not because of his finishing but he's awful at off the movement, that's why he gets very few chances. I get it, he's running a lot, but he didn't make a smart run off the ball compared to the likes of Sterling and Rashford.

I don't get how anyone rate Lingard's movement, honestly, it wasn't enough good.

POF

He's a good squad player and a good guy to have around the group but he's not playing well at the moment.

The club's biggest issue is that they have nobody to replace him with who can play the same style.

Reddy Rederson

He's a good squad player and a good guy to have around the group but he's not playing well at the moment.

The club's biggest issue is that they have nobody to replace him with who can play the same style.
1. No he isn’t, he’s barely championship level squad player.

2. He’s a knob, riding his purple patche and social media status to make sure he stays relevant.

3. No, he’s playing at his level. Which is dog shit.

4. We have a couple of shit worthless cnuts that won’t put in a shift and are happy to take the money and fame. So his “style” is very easy to replace.

LingiBW

Matches - 109
Goals - 17
Assist - 10

Matches - 27
Goals - 17
Assist- 9

Fraser this season
Matches - 33
Goals- 7
Assists- 11
And folks around here defend him because he has 'movement'. What concrete proof is there that such movement actually pushes the team forward? Afterall,all players in a team have 'movement' one way or another.

The only acceptable movement from Lingard should be out of the club.

POF

1. No he isn’t, he’s barely championship level squad player.

2. He’s a knob, riding his purple patche and social media status to make sure he stays relevant.

3. No, he’s playing at his level. Which is dog shit.

4. We have a couple of shit worthless cnuts that won’t put in a shift and are happy to take the money and fame. So his “style” is very easy to replace.
Wow!

He's a regular England international. He's not a superstar but he's a very good squad player who came through the academy.

His role in the squad should be similar to Park. High octane, high energy game linking play and being able to play specific roles in big games. But he certainly shouldn't be a guaranteed starter and you need to surround him with more quality.

He should definitely not be in the team at the moment. His performances have been dire but criticising his effort is harsh. He's just in poor form and being outclassed by better players.

If players like Lingard frustrate you, I don't think the Ole era is for you. There is a very clear lean towards building the squad around players who came through the academy. Ole values their mentality and they will be front and centre in the squad while he is in charge.

steakpie

His role in the squad should be similar to Park. High octane, high energy game linking play and being able to play specific roles in big games.
No, no, no.

This mentality is all wrong. And it started under SAF. We are Man Utd, not Stoke.

Barcelona don't think, it's a big game, we must drop an attacking player for a destroyer/stamina machine like a Park/Lingard.
Neither do Madrid or City.

I would give him one more chance, on the right of our midfield in the 4-3-3. If he fails there, then sell.

POF

No, no, no.

This mentality is all wrong. And it started under SAF. We are Man Utd, not Stoke.

Barcelona don't think, it's a big game, we must drop an attacking player for a destroyer/stamina machine like a Park/Lingard.
Neither do Madrid or City.

I would give him one more chance, on the right of our midfield in the 4-3-3. If he fails there, then sell.
Maybe City should have started Fernandinho vs Spurs and they'd still be in the Champions League.

Barca played Semedo at OT for defensive stability rather than Sergi Roberto. Different players have different strengths and some will suit a specific game plan or style of play more than others.

If the last few months under Ole have shown anything, it's that you need depth in the squad. United were playing well with the same front 6 at the start of Ole's reign. A couple of injuries and the style has to change as you can't play high tempo football with Mata, Sanchez and Lukaku in attack.

At worst, Lingard is a really good squad option.

The problem with the United attack is the experienced big money signings, not the young/academy players. Mata, Lukaku and Sanchez aren't at the level their status in the squad/salary demands.

Reddy Rederson

Terrible really.

But you don't really need stats to see how pointless of a forward player he is.
You would think, and yet...

Wow!

He's a regular England international. He's not a superstar but he's a very good squad player who came through the academy.

His role in the squad should be similar to Park. High octane, high energy game linking play and being able to play specific roles in big games. But he certainly shouldn't be a guaranteed starter and you need to surround him with more quality.

He should definitely not be in the team at the moment. His performances have been dire but criticising his effort is harsh. He's just in poor form and being outclassed by better players.

If players like Lingard frustrate you, I don't think the Ole era is for you. There is a very clear lean towards building the squad around players who came through the academy. Ole values their mentality and they will be front and centre in the squad while he is in charge.
If it’s oles intention to play championship level squad players then yeah, you’re right. I won’t like watching struggle in the relegation zone. Being an academy grad means nothing when you only have pace. And he doesn’t even have that now. A 27 year old never was stealing a living, pretending he’s Renaldo. And you and so many others bought into his bullshit through social media. He’s a worthless cnut that had a purple patch once and now he’s fooled the social media generation into thinking he’s something special. He’s not, he’s shit. We see it every time he plays. The worthless little bag of shit hiding that whole Barca game, then talking about how we should have taken our chances. He’s a prick, and fact he wears the red is a disgrace and prime example why we’ve languished in 6th or give or take for 6 years.

A squad player, pfft.

Djemba-Djemba

Maybe City should have started Fernandinho vs Spurs and they'd still be in the Champions League.

Barca played Semedo at OT for defensive stability rather than Sergi Roberto. Different players have different strengths and some will suit a specific game plan or style of play more than others.

If the last few months under Ole have shown anything, it's that you need depth in the squad. United were playing well with the same front 6 at the start of Ole's reign. A couple of injuries and the style has to change as you can't play high tempo football with Mata, Sanchez and Lukaku in attack.

At worst, Lingard is a really good squad option.

The problem with the United attack is the experienced big money signings, not the young/academy players. Mata, Lukaku and Sanchez aren't at the level their status in the squad/salary demands.
He isn't though.

I used to think he'd be ok as a squad player, but I don't think he is.

He's an attacking player for utd that regularly goes months without a goal or an assist. And he plays every game, most of them starts. He's no where near good enough, and the one thing he had in workrate he's even stopped doing. So now he offers absolutely nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.