Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

In the last 1000 minutes of football he played he has 1 goal and 0 assists

And yet people are still tryna claim Lingard is a good squad player. Get to feck. Should be shipped off to a mid table team dumb enough to take him.

Pace Abuser

I realised he's a sack of shite when he had that counter attacking opportunity at 1-1 against Leicester at OT. It was the sesson z Leicester won the league and we were fighting for top. Score that goal we win 2-1 and get top 4.

It wasn't the fact he didn't score, it was just complete comedy, the limpless way in which he got caught and dispossessed. I knew we were never going anywhere if we relied om him.

With Pogba possibly leaving we don't need a bumchum for him neither anymore.

Bojan11

I realised he's a sack of shite when he had that counter attacking opportunity at 1-1 against Leicester at OT. It was the sesson z Leicester won the league and we were fighting for top. Score that goal we win 2-1 and get top 4.

It wasn't the fact he didn't score, it was just complete comedy, the limpless way in which he got caught and dispossessed. I knew we were never going anywhere if we relied om him.

I remember that too. It was one of the slowest Leicester players who caught him up too.

manunited1919

I reckon they’ll be the same story about Lingard that there was about Scholes when he retires.

Fergie said “in all his United career, not one club ever asked about the availability of Paul Scholes for transfer”

That of course was because Scholes was United through and through and Fergie never would have sold him, he was that important.

Lingard’s will be for a very different reason though.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SiamDevil

Everything wrong with the club apparently. Yes, not the guy who refused to warm up before a match but the guy who’s cringy for some people on social media.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Who refused to warm up?

By the way, being cringy on social media isn’t why he’s a problem, it’s his horrific record on the pitch that is massive problem.
That's irrelevant for any Lingard fanboy here. His clever movement, energy, local ladness is the reason he should be playing week-in week-out.

Also Fergie said that he is a late bloomer so we should give the young local lad a chance to prosper

crossy1686

career ending
The assists bother me sooooo much more than the goals. The shite goal tally could be acceptable enough if he created goals but that assists column just blows me away.

131 games, 12 assists. :eek:
That's also including games for Derby and England...

For someone who's movement and link-up play is supposed to be amazing, the stats don't suggest it. He could just be super unlucky to have Lukaku, Rashford and Sanchez on the end of his passes but I'm being generous here.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s getting so much abuse he has restricted his comment of instagram to the people he follows.

I’m not sure how I feel about it. I despise him as United player but not sure he deserves to be harassed like that.

Oldyella

He’s getting so much abuse he has restricted his comment of instagram to the people he follows.

I’m not sure how I feel about it. I despise him as United player but not sure he deserves to be harassed like that.
No one should face that kind of abuse, no matter how he has played this season, but honestly, who reads bloody instagram comments anyway?

JoaquinJoaquin

I remember that too. It was one of the slowest Leicester players who caught him up too.
Yup it was. I was at that game, he was actually hiding away so he didn't get passes. Then again, he often does that so shouldn't be a shock.

dove

That's also including games for Derby and England...

For someone who's movement and link-up play is supposed to be amazing, the stats don't suggest it. He could just be super unlucky to have Lukaku, Rashford and Sanchez on the end of his passes but I'm being generous here.
It is not and it has never been. Moving doesn't necessarily mean it's a good movement. It's just invented by his fanboys as an excuse why he is so useless on the pitch and contributes nothing.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

this it?

Based Adnan

This guy is everywhere at the moment, if you don't watch football you would probably think he had a great season and is a global superstar :lol: Amazing really.
Yep, he really is a media merchant. You get the impression he's the first one volunteering himself for interviews/media obligations etc when the players get asked if anyone wants to do them and absolutely loves it as it boosts his brand.

Kearnkoff69

I have to admit, although Lingard is an incredibly frustrating player, I am surprised by the amount of animosity and outright hatred on here toward one of our own. It's one thing to advocate a player being shipped out because he isn't up to snuff, but there have been few times in my life where United fans have created pages of content ripping a United player and calling him things like "sack of shite."

That clip posted above from the Leicester game, for example, is being held up as an example of how crap Lingard is. He absolutely should have done better to shield the ball so the defender couldn't nip in and knock him off it. But it was Lingard's pressing and smart cutting of passing lanes that led to the interception and fast break opportunity to begin with.

To repeat, I am in no way Lingard's biggest defender, nor will I go to the mat for him on most things related to his actual performance on the pitch, but the vitriol here is astounding. The Caf has become incredibly toxic over the last couple of years. Take a moment to reflect on yourselves.

Axkiko

Lingard still staying at the club because of United DNA and “young”.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Everything that is wrong with the club right now. This guy is Southampton quality at best, Everton wouldn't even give him the time of day. feck United DNA and all that shit, sell this useless cnut.

I still see people refer to him as "young" and "pacey" he's 26 and he's slow af.

FireballXL5

We're stuck with him because no-one in their right minds will touch him. He's fundamentally shit at football.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why is he kept around?
‘United lad’. Rashfords support pet. Has decent intricate ball control and flicks around the corner that do feck all. He runs a lot. He speaks English.

Why does he have 1 assist in 1000 minutes of football?
0 intelligence. 0 cut throat ability. 0 drive. 0 desire to trouble opponents. He makes any football position redundant.

He plays on the right? He cuts centrally and doesn’t look for any through balls and instead is focused on flicks around defenders that pull of any sequence 1/20 times. He wastes the right wing as well because you’ll never see a proper cross from him as he doesn’t have the pace to punish defenders that give him space anyway.

Where else do you play him?
He doesn’t score enough or assist enough to justify anything.

Paxi

I have to admit, although Lingard is an incredibly frustrating player, I am surprised by the amount of animosity and outright hatred on here toward one of our own. It's one thing to advocate a player being shipped out because he isn't up to snuff, but there have been few times in my life where United fans have created pages of content ripping a United player and calling him things like "sack of shite."

That clip posted above from the Leicester game, for example, is being held up as an example of how crap Lingard is. He absolutely should have done better to shield the ball so the defender couldn't nip in and knock him off it. But it was Lingard's pressing and smart cutting of passing lanes that led to the interception and fast break opportunity to begin with.

To repeat, I am in no way Lingard's biggest defender, nor will I go to the mat for him on most things related to his actual performance on the pitch, but the vitriol here is astounding. The Caf has become incredibly toxic over the last couple of years. Take a moment to reflect on yourselves.

You make it sound like we’re in the trenches with him.
Animosity comes from the fact that he’s shite. That’s what it all boils down to.

Last bit is laughable. You do know this is a forum and people will get criticised. I mean people were slaughtering Nani, Berbatov and plenty of others when we were winning... Lingard is more than fair game. He deserves the criticism.
Obviously the vitriol that he gets on his social media is out of order.

BlueHaze

No, he really isn't. The fact that every manager picks him is proof of that. People's understanding of football is what is actually shit.
I mean, every manager picked Jones as well, you think he's good? :nervous:

BlueHaze

Nah that's never okay imo. On forums yes but to go and harass them on their personal social media pages etc is taking it too far. I would at least never do that.

Paxi

Nah that's never okay imo. On forums yes but to go and harass them on their personal social media pages etc is taking it too far. I would at least never do that.
Yeah I mean it’s never okay to personally abuse people.

BlueHaze

Yeah I mean it’s never okay to personally abuse people.
Jesses is nothing compared to Young's though. There were some horrible racist shit being said there. I don't understand why players have these social media things when 70% of the time they are getting abuse by internet Steven Segals.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Tacky. Jessie should grow up, drop the stupid brand and focus on his football. Managing to create a stir (no publicity bad publicity...) is rotten to the core. Now even if you were producing, it would still be tacky and in bad taste but Jessie has be develop consistency or risk being sold and still no one will care about this branding because if you ain't a footballer mate, no one gives a bleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.