4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Zoido

What the ...? He wasnt as bad as he usual is during the games against Tottenham and City but he wasnt good or important during those games either. He did nothing a better player cant do and a better player will also be able to do things Lingard wont do.

If Ole is really serious and thinks those performances are good enough and a reason to not get rid of Lingard i am joining the Ole out brigade. Not that it matters much because if he keeps playing Lingard he will make sure to get sacked himself.

Im just hoping this is just protecting one of his players but that internally he is looking for replacements.
I hope so too, but I also get the impression that any manager coming in would keep him too. LVG and Mourinho both loved him, seems like he’s too ingrained in our setup having grown up through it and being here forever. I can’t imagine any manager coming in to the club immediately wanting to bin him off, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up that a change in manager would see him leave. Ole did at least seem more willing to exclude him though, until he ran out of squad options.

jackal&hyde

You are basing your assumptions on what, he starts every fecking game.
My assumption on what? That he is not seen as the future? On the fact we are linked with a lot of AMs from all over. It's hardly a surprise we are in the market for such a player. Don't have to make too many assumptions that that means Ole doesn't rate Lingard, or Mata or Pereira for the role.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
There is always the mention of his "bubbly character". I just read that as that he is the team clown (he is also the teams clown when he on the pitch) and liked for that. Good in the group. Good for the teamproces... those things.

He should get the Fred the Red job... entertaining, dancing but not playing football.
Funny enough the team he is trying to recreate could be right belligerent so and so's. Yet he wants a team of bubbly, happy go lucky chaps.

Renegade

What reason has he had to hire Mino? Is he hoping to rinse us for a better contract deal or get a big transfer? What team could he possibly move to that would be better than us right now?

You have to question his mindset. How about focus on improving your game.

Marcelinho87

What reason has he had to hire Mino? Is he hoping to rinse us for a better contract deal or get a big transfer? What team could he possibly move to that would be better than us right now?

You think he can improve his game? I think this is the best he can be.

Hiring Mino is a good move. Mino is a clever character and will get him a decent move.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Talking up a player you are about to sell is clueless? Maybe you want to think again.

He is done at United. I didn't think it but now i think there is truth in us offering him as part exchange for other players. Choosing Raiola just shows to me the game is over and he's trying to make the best of his chances. Completely destroys any good will he might have still had with the fans though.
He could talk him up as much he'd want, Lingard's value is what it is. No one is getting fooled by us

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Maybe Mino reached out to him? Lingaard seems to be a popular guy among the English players, doesn't he? Think of all the youngsters with long careers ahead of them who he can influence and tell about his agent.

fallengt

TL;DR: Ole: "He runs, I fecking love runners"
Can United stop rewarding mediocrity? How the feck does it benefit us long or short term in anyway?

Lingard is not in DDG and Rooney's level ffs. At best he's a good squad player and be easily replaced.

King Andow

Runs around a lot and is a bubbly character. There you go lads Ole's definition of the abilities required to a Manchester United footballer. Oleout#
Incredible, isn't it? New contract incoming, hopefully we sack him before another disaster.

OleBoiii

The fact that Lingard is so valued despite his lack of abilities just shows that a lot of our players have the wrong attitude. As a manager it must be painful to let a homegrown, hard-working player go when the other options only are marginally better.

Make no mistake, though: under normal circumstances Lingard would be out the door by now.

Utdstar01

:lol:

You can’t make this shit up.
Bubbly character? How the feck does that help you become a better footballer? All that's missing now is one of Brendan's quips. "Jesse is a terrific human being".

In Rainbows

I don't really have a problem with him saying this. He needs to protect his player when questioned by the media. However, if his team selections (in the future) reflect his belief in Lingard, than Ole is clueless.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
To be fair Klopp loves players, who are (football-)intelligent and have a high work rate, a lot as well. I don't think these Solskjaer quotes are as bizarre as they might seem to some.

fergiesarmy1

Which club would actually buy a player with zero goals and zero assists in 18 or so games? Their fans would be unhappy straight from the start you would imagine so would take a brave or desperate club.

I don't really have a problem with him saying this. He needs to protect his player when questioned by the media. However, if his team selections (in the future) reflect his belief in Lingard, than Ole is clueless.
I think he has to believe in Jesse as if Jesse can turn into a top number 10 worthy of Manchester United, then anything can happen, like Ole being good enough to manage Manchester United.

kouroux

This has already happened several times, Ole doesn't need to display more of this to show he is indeed clueless.

In Rainbows

I think he has to believe in Jesse as if Jesse can turn into a top number 10 worthy of Manchester United, then anything can happen, like Ole being good enough to manage Manchester United.
Yeah I strongly believe this to be true (lingard being crap) and Ole being awful. Still, I can't pretend to care about this quote to the media unless accompanied by a further display of cluelessness. It's technically possible that he says this and he doesn't play Lingard even if it's more probable that he does believe what he said. I'd rather just call out Ole on what he's done, rather than this quote.

Utdstar01

This is the problem. We've been down this alley with Rooney where we were expected him to become this world beater again when it was fairly obvious he was fecking finished and no longer good enough. Jesse has had enough chances. Ole proved his delusion by starting him against fecking Arsenal. He's been dreadful for well over a year.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
To be fair Klopp loves players who are (football-)intelligent and have a high work rate a lot as well. I don't think these Solskjaer quotes are as bizarre as they might seem to some.
Key word of your sentence. Bubbly character or toning down of social media activity is not going to make up for that. So yes, it is an utterly bizarre statement when it made regarding a player like Jesse Lingard.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
"You don't see as much social media from Jesse as you used to."

O brave new world

In Rainbows

This is the problem. We've been down this alley with Rooney where we were expected him to become this world beater again when it was fairly obvious he was fecking finished and no longer good enough. Jesse has had enough chances. Ole proved his delusion by starting him against fecking Arsenal, he's been dreadful for well over a year.
Nobody is disagreeing with this. You should reread what I said. It's basically me saying what's the point in getting angry over a quote that really says nothing on its own. Ole can be judged on his actions. It's far more likely that Ole does believe in Lingard than the opposite, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get angry on a quote that can technically still be proven false. I'm not going to waste my time on meaningless talks with the media. No matter his beliefs, he's not going to call Jesse crap to the media.

I would rather just crap on Ole when it comes to his belief in Jesse by actual tangible evidence, team selections in the past.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Key word of your sentence. Bubbly character or toning down of social media is not going to make up for that.
I took "is a great trigger in the pressing" to be a praise of Lingaard's understanding of the game.

kouroux

Nobody is disagreeing with this. You should reread what I said. It's basically me saying what's the point in getting angry over a quote that really says nothing on its own. Ole can be judged on his actions. It's far more likely that Ole does believe in Lingard than the opposite, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get angry on a quote that can technically still be proven false. I'm not going to waste my time on meaningless talks with the media. No matter his beliefs, he's not going to call Jesse crap to the media.

I would rather just crap on Ole when it comes to his belief in Jesse by actual tangible evidence, team selections in the past.
Critcizing the quote is just what it is, nothing seriously important. Just a bit of fun, like you said actions speak louder and we know Ole like Lingard

Flying high

I'd keep Lingard at the club as a low cost squad option.

If he's not happy with that then let him go with our blessing. No hate from me at all.

Giggsyking

He has started 9 league games all season, what are you basing your assumptions on?
He should start 0 matches, and yes the times he missed either he was sick/injured or he miss a one game after he play a shit game and come back the match after. Why the feck he is even at the club? he is a fecking disgrace with his 0 goals and 0 assists.

Giggsyking

With expecting the manager to talk bad about players he still needs and might look too find the best buyer for in the summer or now.
He needs Lingard to do what exactly? Score goals or assist goals? he does neither of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.