4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM78

He will be picked again soon, utter trash of a player being managed by an incompetent manager.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I can forgive players for being shit, I can't forgive players for hiding. His attitude is appalling. Solskjaer's signing his own death warrant by playing him so frequently, we're a much, much better team when he's nowhere to be seen. His time with United should be coming to its end. Playing him is a double wammy because then we bizzarely have to play Pereira out of position too, one in which he's awful. I was at OT tonight and by the sounds of the crowd he's lost the home supoort which is usually the final nail in the coffin.

0le

Needs to be sold, there is some issue there with confidence and he also has never shown the talent to be world class. I think he would suit a midtable club away from the limelight.

Sylar

Another game where he starts , does nothing, comes off and we look better for it but it's too late again

Red Stone

At the start of the season Norwegian pundits had woken up to the fact that Lingard does absolutely nothing even on the best of days. Five months later, he still hasn't done anything, despite somehow still starting regularly for us. It boggles the mind. Our squad is thin even before all our injuries, but surely there has to be something in there that's better than this?!

luke511

Surely we can flog him off to LA Galaxy or Al Duhail at the very least, either would be a good move for him.

kundalini

I'm surprised he still gets selected given how poor his performances have been since the World Cup. With the exception of the matches against Spurs home and Man City away, he's been a huge liability, so many moves break down because of basic errors from Jesse. His form is simply unacceptable.

So another rubbish performance to add to the list. No surprise.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It is lunacy... Absolute sheer madness for him to warrant a start in this game.

It's a decision so utterly stupid and baffling, it could alone be a sackable offence.

manunited1919

These comments, specially about the bubbly personality, show how clueless Ole is. Everything is about attitude and personality, and performance and skills don’t matter? Both Ole and Lindgard should be demoted to the reserves and/or sold.

I also strongly disagree with those saying the wise manager is just protecting a player and ensuring the club gets value out of Lingard when he is sold. If that were the case, Lingard should not be starting any games at all, as he is now under the microscope. If he continues to start games or play as a number 10 a) he harms the team in terms of points and opportunities for trophies, and b) his value goes down as it becomes plain to everyone but Ole that he doesn’t have the skills to control the ball or to pass it as a proper #10, nor the football brain. By this point there is very little value in that asset that Ole is supposedly trying to protect with his wise manager move.

Foxbatt

He has hired Mino Rainola as his manager and wants a new contract at Manchester United according to the news.

pixel

Confidence seem to be gone. I think all the hate he gets might effect him a lot. Probably best for him to move. Under a better manager I do think he could play well. At the moment though he looks terrible and he should not have started today.
It's the Wellbeck / Cleverly story again. Academy player who runs around a lot and keeps getting picked for some mysterious 'skillset' which is never actually displayed on the pitch. Such players always remain 'young' and the breakthrough performance is always just around the corner. When it becomes impossible to dust the shiteness under the carpet the narrative is changed to how at a different club under a different manager this player will blossom.

passing-wind

Everything about Lingard just amplifies how crap of a manager Solskjaer is. Lingard is average in a decent system, its no surprise that neither Mata, Gomes or Lingard have been useful as 10's under Ole. He's an absolutely useless coach who couldn't develop a player to save his life.

Part of me feels sorry for Jessie, he doesn't deserve a bumper contract but he's good enough to be a squad rotation player. I've seen his posts about mental health so clearly he's going through a lot. I know footballers are celebrities due to their profession but people discredit the fact we are all born with a mind and the thoughts that plagues us can be very negative if your not careful.

ash_86

He needs a break from Man Utd and so do we from him. Make it happen Raiola

el3mel

How does he have a 4.2 rating btw? How were people rating him? I have him on 2.2. Feel like I haven't rated him anything higher than 2 every time he plays.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
As many have said this isn't on Lingard. He doesn't want to play shit, it must be eating him up inside looking at the lack of confidence he's showing on the pitch.

It's entirely on Ole playing him every single week. Madness

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
At what point does it become detrimental to Lingard for Ole to continue playing him?
He's suffering.

LVGSdive

As many have said this isn't on Lingard. He doesn't want to play shit, it must be eating him up inside looking at the lack of confidence he's showing on the pitch.

It's entirely on Ole playing him every single week. Madness
Exactly this. It's a monumental screw up not playing Gomes from the start of the season considering he is clearly a better player with a higher ceiling, unsurprisingly he will probably leave. Unfortunately, Lingard's form has been a problem for a long time now. All players have bad spells but this is pretty much a bad career at this point. The bad/invisible games vastly outnumber the good ones. I'll always appreciate the FA cup winning goal and the moonwalk against Arsenal, but now is the time for him to be phased out.

Classical Mechanic

At what point does it become detrimental to Lingard for Ole to continue playing him?
He's suffering.
I think his confidence is as low as any player I've ever seen playing for United. He's completely in his shell and can barely even control the ball. I do think that its got so bad that he needs a move for his own sake.

slored1

Why does he still play after putting three straight 0/10 performances. Shouldn't be in the squad ever again.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
These comments, specially about the bubbly personality, show how clueless Ole is. Everything is about attitude and personality, and performance and skills don’t matter? Both Ole and Lindgard should be demoted to the reserves and/or sold.

I also strongly disagree with those saying the wise manager is just protecting a player and ensuring the club gets value out of Lingard when he is sold. If that were the case, Lingard should not be starting any games at all, as he is now under the microscope. If he continues to start games or play as a number 10 a) he harms the team in terms of points and opportunities for trophies, and b) his value goes down as it becomes plain to everyone but Ole that he doesn’t have the skills to control the ball or to pass it as a proper #10, nor the football brain. By this point there is very little value in that asset that Ole is supposedly trying to protect with his wise manager move.
Infuriates me so much. Bubbly character. What a load of rubbish

Paul_Scholes18

It's the Wellbeck / Cleverly story again. Academy player who runs around a lot and keeps getting picked for some mysterious 'skillset' which is never actually displayed on the pitch. Such players always remain 'young' and the breakthrough performance is always just around the corner. When it becomes impossible to dust the shiteness under the carpet the narrative is changed to how at a different club under a different manager this player will blossom.
We won the league with them playing a lot. That really proves my point. Most people of course wanted a better partner for Carrick for us to challenge for CL. Still SAF got them to perform well. After he left the levels dropped fast for everyone and with Cleverley the most.

iKeano

He will be picked again soon, utter trash of a player being managed by an incompetent manager.
100% this.

Unforgivable for Lingard to jog around hiding in plain sight.
Unforgivable for Olé to be blindly loyal.

Two jokers. 0/10

Pace Abuser

I just can't imagine any other manager persisting with dross like Lingzy or whatever he calls himself these days and extolling his "bubbly character" when questioned about him.
He's not even bubbly, just an immature prat that dumbs down the environment.

He just hasn't looked serious about football since he got his big contract. It's all gone to his head and he's chosen to nurture his immaturity over actually growing up and taking things seriously.

Rolaholic

This has to be rock bottom for him,being terrible enough to be bantered by a Southern league division one central club :lol: :lol:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
All will be forgiven for Raiola if he can get Lingard sold this January.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

This has to be rock bottom for him,being terrible enough to be bantered by a Southern league division one central club :lol: :lol:
I don’t find this funny at all. Just last week we have had a campaign during the FA Cup which is concerning mental health in football. A couple of weeks before this Lingard came out and said how he’s been struggling mentally due to things going on in his personal life.

Yes, he’s been very poor recently on the playing field but the amount of abuse and bullying he has received on social media recently is nothing short of disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.