Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

His output is simply a disgrace.
Saw a stat that Bruno already has more goal contributions in the league.
Lindelof and Maguire have more, he has zero in the league. I really think he needs to leave the club, for his own sake as much as anything. If he's linking up with Raiola he needs to be launched as a matter of principal.

Water Melon

Cleverley and Welbeck who contributed more than this lad are now playing for Watford, so does Foster. Lingard fully deserves all the stick that he is getting now. His idiotic posts on the internet fused with tons of arrogance did not help him much either. Then there was this story of his mom being ill which presumably affected his performances. The cold hard truth is this lad was never a top level player and he is very likely to take a huge step down to continue his football career. Hopefully, h and his new agent stay as far away from the club as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Don't understand why people always hope for that.
Why not hope our players do better and start performing than hope they keep being shit and sold.
He isnt going to turn into a good footballer at 27/28

NoPace

I won’t be a coward like Lingard. I’ll say it right now I hate him. If that makes me a bad United fan so be it. Checking LiveScore and not seeing his name brought joy to me this morning.
Crossed a line in the group chat after watching the Brugge game myself, we can only be pushed so far.

His best play this season was in preseason as a presser in the front 2 when we played 4-2-4. He should go to Germany or Southampton I think their style would suit his strengths and weaknesses and could rescue his career like Watford's structure in midfield seems to have done for Cleverley or guys like Pulis or Roy Hodgson have done for powerful or defensive types.

sp_107

May be one last FA CUP final goal before he departs? At least he used to be at a squad player level in the past but for last 18 months he is been on a salary for nothing. I think for his own good it's time to move on. As some suggested German league could help him.

Lingard/Perrera/Rojo/Jones are on easy money at UTD and this thing wouldn't have happened at any other club.
Do you guys see any reason why our board has kept these players for this long ?

Stadjer

Feels worth remembering that he was genuinely quite good for a while. It's been quite a fall from grace for him - and unlike some players it doesn't seem like injuries have played their part.
He was never 'quite good'. He scored a few flashy goals during stand out moments but has never actually been good. He just wasnt as bad as he is now.

With confidence, luck going his way and form he makes an okay-ish footballer. Without those factors he is hardly premier league quality.

Paul_Scholes18

Lingard is hopeless, his playing time should be invested in other players
Agree, but once he play hope for the best at least.
I think everyone agree he should play minimially unless we get injuries.

Just don't get the hope players do poorly, manager does poorly when we want them gone.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Agree, but once he play hope for the best at least.
I think everyone agree he should play minimially unless we get injuries.

Just don't get the hope players do poorly, manager does poorly when we want them gone.
I've burned all the hope I had when it comes to him. I never want him to do poorly, I don't need to, he delivers all the time.

Paul_Scholes18

I've burned all the hope I had when it comes to him. I never want him to do poorly, I don't need to, he delivers all the time.
Hopefully Bruno can start all games now as a 10 or Pogba once he is back.
Lingard can have it's usage, but not in current form and under current manager.

Probably best to sell him this summer, but not sure we have big enough budget to boost all attacking positions with quality.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He was never 'quite good'. He scored a few flashy goals during stand out moments but has never actually been good. He just wasnt as bad as he is now.

With confidence, luck going his way and form he makes an okay-ish footballer. Without those factors he is hardly premier league quality.
Easy fella, we're talking about Messi Lingard here.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He just isn’t good enough, and like Cleverly or Gibson before him, that’s not bad in and of itself.

The problem is

1) He has played over two hundred games for the club as a time where we are underachieving

2) He gets on like a superstar and his personality is really grating if you’ve just seen him put in a duff display and then be super cheesy/flashy on Instagram in the same breath. He is nowhere near the quality of player that necessitates a brand.

jem

Cleverley and Welbeck who contributed more than this lad are now playing for Watford, so does Foster. Lingard fully deserves all the stick that he is getting now. His idiotic posts on the internet fused with tons of arrogance did not help him much either. Then there was this story of his mom being ill which presumably affected his performances. The cold hard truth is this lad was never a top level player and he is very likely to take a huge step down to continue his football career. Hopefully, h and his new agent stay as far away from the club as possible.
I can’t stand Lingard but there’s no way Cleverley contributed more to United.

hobbers

Feels worth remembering that he was genuinely quite good for a while. It's been quite a fall from grace for him - and unlike some players it doesn't seem like injuries have played their part.
Not really, more that he had a few very spaced out good moments. The FA cup final goal. That one run against Watford that one time.

He was never good over a period of matches. He's Darron Gibson'd his time here expertly, except Gibson was found out after a couple of seasons and 40-50 apps, whereas Lingard has somehow spun it out to more than five seasons worth of matches :lol:

redcafe_reader

Don't understand why people always hope for that.
Why not hope our players do better and start performing than hope they keep being shit and sold.
Do you think people want him to be sold the first time he plays badly?

After 1 year without any goal or assist in the league should people still hope for him to play better and "start performing"?

AshRK

What is the man child doing?
Not his fan by any means but to bash him for a 10 second video from a 2 hour training session is wrong. However I wouldn't be surprised if this is all he does for most of the training.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Not his fan by any means but to bash him for a 10 second video from a 2 hour training session is wrong. However I wouldn't be surprised if this is all he does for most of the training.
Ah, no worries, mate. We are bashing him because he's been atrocious for more than a year and is useless every time he hits the pitch. This, this is just for fun :)

Crashoutcassius

The reaction to this video has been an absolute disgrace. Not sure how any of those sharing it would feel if i took a video of them on their phone for 10 seconds at work and bullied them on twitter about it

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
The reaction to this video has been an absolute disgrace. Not sure how any of those sharing it would feel if i took a video of them on their phone for 10 seconds at work and bullied them on twitter about it
Not sure any of us dance around our laptops at work.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Well TBF, if I hadn't met any of my KPIs in a year, and my boss saw me arsing around like that, I'd, rightly, be torn a new arsehole, if not sacked.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Not sure any of us dance around our laptops at work.
It's an idea, though, now that you mentioned it I am totally tempted... :lol:

We should make the best of it. Let's start an online challenge to benefit some lesser-known disease and hashtag it #doJLingz

RedCurry

I watched the longer length video of our training. This was from even before the training started. When the training started, he actually won his group in short sprint bursts.

jackal&hyde

That explains a lot :D
Honing his capoeira skills of course
Would love to see Keane's reaction to this :lol: :lol:
Its like someone passed the ball to him!
:lol:

I can see why he'd be popular in the dressing room tbh. When a player is performing very well this type of thing can be even endearing but when he is crap, it just gives you the feeling he doesn't care and it's all a joke to him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's really not that big of a deal - but it shows that he has a childish mentality and would rather mess around than concentrate and improve.

He'd never do that at a new club, he just feels too comfortable here. I think it'll be a shock to him once we tell him it's time to go.

abk92

Him and Pereira are allowed to get away with doing things like this as both of them know that they won't face any repercussions.

Ole encourages this behavior as he would rather be friends with the players than their manager.

JoaquinJoaquin

It's really not that big of a deal - but it shows that he has a childish mentality and would rather mess around than concentrate and improve.

He'd never do that at a new club, he just feels too comfortable here. I think it'll be a shock to him once we tell him it's time to go.
Hoping that has already been done, hence Raiola.

Status
Not open for further replies.