4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

He scores, their heads drop, we get a lift, we win.

That's the difference.

He's proper shit. I wouldn't bet against him thinking of slow motion montages of his lobbed finish on YouTube and Instagram when he was through on goal.
This. Same thing would have happened with Everton.

crossy1686

career ending
I’m more than done with him now.
I don’t know what he offers, I don’t know what position he plays, I don’t know what his strengths are.

Over a year since he contributed anything meaningful to the team from the position he plays in. At this point playing Grant his his position would offer the same return.

Fecked us big time yesterday, not only with the miss but with his lazy and poor running off the ball. Every time the midfield won the ball deep and needed to play it out, he was stood behind multiple Watford players meaning McTomminay had to go long or dribble past someone before getting a pass away.

Complete lack of intelligence with his runs in and around the box also, just stands or jogs behind the defenders, marking himself out of the game. Every time a ball was played into space he was caught ball watching and flat footed.

Done with him. If we don’t replace him in this January window I’m not sure I can watch us play when he starts anymore.

Djemba-Djemba

I've seen people online who have defended Lingard this last year starting to turn on him after that miss yesterday.

To be so arrogant to attempt a lob there where he's been so appallingly bad for so long, it was insulting to the fans.

crossy1686

career ending
There was a moment where Lingard summed himself up as a player yesterday.

Did some good pressing on the edge of Watford’s box. Managed to pick the defenders pocket and dispossess him. Rashford is free in the box, all he has to do is find him.

What does he do? Smashes the ball into the shins of the defender, completely undermining his hard work to win the ball back.

Gomes

A lot of misdirected anger. It wasn't a sitter and Lingard doesn't have much to do with United's woes.
It was the same last year with Matic. Lingard can be easily replaced, but nothing will get better.
Shaw will just receive the remaining abuse.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A lot of misdirected anger. It wasn't a sitter and Lingard doesn't have much to do with United's woes.
It was the same last year with Matic. Lingard can be easily replaced, but nothing will get better.
It's nowt to do with the chance being a sitter. It's everything to do with Lingard trying lob the keeper in a chance where it was almost impossible unless you are Messi or Ronaldo. He literally just had to try side footing or placing in round the keeper and into the corner.

crossy1686

career ending
Because they're both not good enough to play for United. Tell me how someone who plays as a number 10 and hasn't scored or assisted in over a year isn't much to do with United's woes.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He isn't good enough and I've often said he's the luckiest person ever to be where he is. For me though, it's him acting like a superstar that makes it worse. You can't be as ineffective as Lingard and have stupid nicknames (i can't bring myself to actually type it, it's so cringeworthy) , stupid JL goal celebrations and clothing lines and all the other crap with 0 goals or assists in 25 hours of football as an attacking MF.

Definitely one that needs to be sold.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We're a bit screwed because he's obviously a popular figure in the dressing room, good friends with our 2 best players in Rashford and Pogba.

Personally I think Lingard is happy living this life, fame and fortune and a couple trophies will do him.

He needs to leave and reinvent himself elsewhere, what other club would put up with 0 goals and 0 assists from an attacking player in over a year? it's a joke.

JoaquinJoaquin

What a dreadful post. Lingard epitomizes everything wrong with the club, not good enough on the pitch and taking wages which he doesn't deserve, all while pushing his 'brand' on Instagram. Did you know he currently appears on more TV adverts then goals and assists in the last year?

He is a waste of space and the club will be much better off when the likes of him are gone.

Drainy

There was talk at the start of the year that the coaches were losing patience with him for the lack of goals and assists. Since then he hasn't had a single one.

Surely we have to recruit either in January or in the summer and his role will be reduced..

crossy1686

career ending
There was talk at the start of the year that the coaches were losing patience with him for the lack of goals and assists. Since then he hasn't had a single one.

Surely we have to recruit either in January or in the summer and his role will be reduced..
He said himself in a recent interview about his family issues he's on his last chance at United. So if nothing else he's aware that he's shit and he's about to lose everything unless he improves a million % between now and the end of the season.

Djemba-Djemba

He said himself in a recent interview about his family issues he's on his last chance at United. So if nothing else he's aware that he's shit and he's about to lose everything unless he improves a million % between now and the end of the season.
Him being aware he's on his last chance and still deciding to try and lob the keeper yesterday.

It's baffling stupidity from him , it really is.

memelord

I don't blame Lingard, Ole must be satisfied with his performances if he keeps starting him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's the most idiotic "intelligent" footballer there is.

Like, he'll create a bit of space for himself, and then do feck all with it.... or do a nice touch, then mess up a 5 yard pass.... or he'll make a great run and then try a stupid feckin' lob over a keeper who is literally standing up right.

If he had a speech that would trigger world peace, he'd probably present it on instagram whilst shagging a pillow.

BarstoolProphet

Recently I watched an analysis where they compared what Martin Ødegaard and Lingard offer their respective teams in a no 10 role in terms of movement.

After Sociedad's match against Barcelona Valverde pretty much said that they couldn't handle Ødegaard's movement and the video evidence showed why and also why Lingard's assets (movement), which his defenders point to, is basically a myth.

Ødegaard was constantly roaming around in the hole offering their deeper midfielders a forward passing option all the time whereas the video evidence showed that, against Everton, Lingard was walking around hiding behind Everton players making it impossible for our defenders and midfielders to pass to him, causing our other three attackers to drop deep to receive the ball with someone constantly in their back, more often that not meaning the pass getting intercepted. And when he finally received a pass in a promising position then his lack of technique failed him.

Obviously, Ødegaard is way more talented than Lingard has ever been, but it clearly shows the importance of right movement (which is ridiculous to credit Lingard for) when you're playing as a no 10 in a 4-2-3-1. Not only will a lack of movement cause the defence and midfield to pass sideways due to a lack of other options, but it also causes the entire attack to drop deep.

When you add that with a complete lack of composure, vision and position, then you get a recipe for perhaps the most pointless attacking player ever (hyperbole?).

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Like, he'll create a bit of space for himself, and then do feck all with it.... or do a nice touch, then mess up a 5 yard pass.... or he'll make a great run and then try a stupid feckin' lob over a keeper who is literally standing up right.

If he had a speech that would trigger world peace, he'd probably present it on instagram whilst shagging a pillow.
Ah, when Utd meets UN meets Big Mouth. An interesting combo.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He tries his best but isn't quite good enough.

The fact he's selected is not his fault.

The fact he's fit when others are injured is not his fault.

The fact he has a contract is not his fault.

His happy-go-lucky personality is not a character flaw.
Indeed. Let him go to a club more suitable for him, simply not good enough for United.

Dante

Average bang

That's not idiocy. That's a lack of technique.

AshRK

Was just looking at his stats, how has he managed to play 190 games for this club with so little productivity. He is everything wrong with this club. He is extremely lucky to have made a career out of us. Had he scored yesterday he would have been acting all giddy and irritated everyone in social media. I always had an irritation towards Arsenal but I hate them more for making a star out of a nothing player.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Still back the kid, if he can get anywhere near his best he's still a useful squad player going forward.
No, he isn't. He has one use and that is to be shown to young players and new signings as an example of how not to behave, and an example of piss poor performance levels that will not be tolerated.

manunited1919

That's a reasonable opinion.

But I can't countenance personal abuse towards a United player who's shown commitment to the club.
He can be a MUFC fan. He can even be our youngest ever ambassador. But he doesn’t have the skills to be a MUFC player. Simple.

Robbie Boy

Commitment to the club? I've heard it all now. Commitment to the club is what the likes of Giggs and Scholes showed. Players that could have had their pick of clubs had they decided to move. How exactly has Lingard shown commitment? No one has ever shown any semblance of interest in him and he is extremely lucky to have gotten the amount of games for us that he has. This place, jeez.

crossy1686

career ending
Recently I watched an analysis where they compared what Martin Ødegaard and Lingard offer their respective teams in a no 10 role in terms of movement.

After Sociedad's match against Barcelona Valverde pretty much said that they couldn't handle Ødegaard's movement and the video evidence showed why and also why Lingard's assets (movement), which his defenders point to, is basically a myth.

Ødegaard was constantly roaming around in the hole offering their deeper midfielders a forward passing option all the time whereas the video evidence showed that, against Everton, Lingard was walking around hiding behind Everton players making it impossible for our defenders and midfielders to pass to him, causing our other three attackers to drop deep to receive the ball with someone constantly in their back, more often that not meaning the pass getting intercepted. And when he finally received a pass in a promising position then his lack of technique failed him.

Obviously, Ødegaard is way more talented than Lingard has ever been, but it clearly shows the importance of right movement (which is ridiculous to credit Lingard for) when you're playing as a no 10 in a 4-2-3-1. Not only will a lack of movement cause the defence and midfield to pass sideways due to a lack of other options, but it also causes the entire attack to drop deep.

When you add that with a complete lack of composure, vision and position, then you get a recipe for perhaps the most pointless attacking player ever (hyperbole?).
Video link?

crossy1686

career ending
Commitment to the club? I've heard it all now. Commitment to the club is what the likes of Giggs and Scholes showed. Players that could have had their pick of clubs had they decided to move. How exactly has Lingard shown commitment? No one has ever shown any semblance of interest in him and he is extremely lucky to have gotten the amount of games for us that he has. This place, jeez.
I think it was when he made that clothing line off the back of being a United player, that must have been it.

billybee99

Not a sitter? He was clean through on goal - one on one with the keeper. You're not going to get a better chance.

billybee99

I personally think People are deluded when it comes to Lingard.

There are posters who still believe that Lingard is good when playing against teams which give him space and attack us. WRONG! He still sucks, doesn't score, doesn't create or assist.
Coming to the "he makes runs for others to run into space". Thats just a normal trait of any attacking footballer and in Lingards case its so ovehyped that sometimes you feel that all the goals we score in big matches is because he is doing the running. AGAIN! WRONG! I would request you to go and watch our past matches against the top 6 and you can clearly see how useless and ineffective he was. He only had one good game against Arsenal and that itself was good enough to bring him the Big game player status . He Kills most attacks with his bad touch or passing and then coming deep into midfield to collect the ball and pass it sideways. The worst trait is to pass the ball back from where it came from when simple turn will open acres of space and create much needed fluency in attack.

The stats don't lie and even if they did my eyes don't lie. I don't see what lingard brings to the team or the squad. A squad player is someone who fills in and does a job in the team when you play a small team or rest a regular starter. Oshea , Ji sung park , chicharito etc were what squad players meant. Not lingard, he cant do any job according to me and its just a shame we cant give Gomes game time with lingard stinking up the place.

I really wish him well and hope his family issues are sorted but somehow i feel that this was all done to gain sympathy and fans confidence back. He gave an interview to FullTIME Devils too which indicates that its a PR move. He is under pressure and frankly has nowhere to hide. No goals or assists in the premier league and single digit figures in the year is abysmal for any forward at any club. I wonder in which premier league club would he fit currently and i am sorry i cant find one. Put delofeu in the 10 and we instantly become a better team. Put Lingard in the number 10 at Watford and i dont see Watford improving.

The most frustrating thing about this whole scenario is the blind spot Ole has for him. Plays him everygame and then tells people in interviews that " Lingard is now coming into his own " WHAT ????? I can understand that we are in transition and we will have inconsistent performances but constantly playing lingard when he has been atrocious for years now is simply why we have fallen behind so much.
Best post I've seen on here in months. I don't where this myth started that Lingard is a great option against the big teams but it needs to end. Playing him against the big teams is the equivalent of giving up or surrendering. We are just giving away our 2nd most important attacking option before the match even begins. Ole is taking the #10 position and saying "No thanks. Don't want any production from that spot today. Thanks anyway. We'll press the ball and give you 75% of the ball and forfeit any attack from behind the striker."

Djemba-Djemba

I think there are people on this forum that don't know what words like commitment mean.

Ashley Young was praised on here recently for showing "loyalty" to the club. It's the same thing , nobody else will have them, certainly not clubs as big as Utd that pay them as well as we do.

You get praised for loyalty and commitment when you stay at the club despite knowing you could go to any other club in the world and make more money. Like you said Giggs and Scholes fit that description. Giggs in the 90s especially could have gone to Italy and doubled his money, at that point we couldn't compete with the big Italian clubs in terms of money.

Praising Lingard for commitment is just laughable :lol:

lumeyes

So why is Ole putting more pressure on him by constantly playing (read exposing) him? He needs some time off, not like disappearing from the team but more of playing fewer important games, especially ones in which the other team defends deep. I can understand giving him a couple of weeks but after three months of lack of productivity, it seems like flogging a dead horse. I would even suggest timely appearance as a right winger than in the no 10 where his failures get magnified

OleTheGreat

i personally understand that his position at home is very difficult and it is getting harder for him to concentrate on the pitch but buddy, you got to make a choice because with you mentally absent there is nothing for us or you to gain. You've got to fix the problems at home and then get back to playing soccer. I know Ole is trying to balance your personal life and the life on the pitch but that ain't gonna happen because you are not happy and without a spring in your step, you're missing passes and shots on goal. It's time you go back home.

Paul_Scholes18

Under a better manager he could be a valuable squad player just like he was under Mourinho and LVG.
Under Ole though we are so poor at attacking as a unit which makes Lingard look worse than he is .
We need a better starter though which is obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.