Joey Barton | Does a Schteve

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The man is an utter bellend. He acts all philosophical and intelligent but he's actually got the same brain power as my scrotum.

Minkaro

Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton
Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters.

Name Changed

weso26
After he got sent off, it seemed like he was deliberately provoking the City players to try and one of them sent off. It's a bit premeditated on his behalf though, I doubt he could be so "cunning".

Steev

How long is his ban going to be? Effectively, he could have received 3 red cards for his stupidity.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't blame Lescott at all and I'm actually glad common sense ruled but by the letter of the law Lescott should have been sent off for pushing Barton in the face. Raising your hands to an opponent is a red.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters.
Methinks one or two United fans have had their say based on that :smirk:

Surely the FA need to make a stand on this - though they probably won't go above what they have to.

madhed

I don't blame Lescott at all and I'm actually glad common sense ruled but by the letter of the law Lescott should have been sent off for pushing Barton in the face. Raising your hands to an opponent is a red.
I thought it was the Argie troll, They only showed it replayed once. Lescott should have a ban then I'd say,obviously the ref missed that.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I couldn't help but sneakily suspect that he got sent off on purpose for his old city loyalty. Bt knowing Barton that's not really necessary, he is that stupid to do it anyway, but since he also elbowed Tevez in the face it got me thinking.

I hope he gets booed at OT next time.

izzydiggler

I hope Joey Barton has a fair few drinks to celebrate staying up and drives home after....into a tree.

odinnh

"The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me..."

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
So he's basically admitting to trying to injure a player after being sent off? Surely the FA will look at that and give him a couple more days on his ban.

Gazza

So he's basically admitting to trying to injure a player after being sent off? Surely the FA will look at that and give him a couple more days on his ban.
I read it as he was trying to wind up/goad City's players into reacting and getting sent off.

Skywarden

Despicable, absolutely spineless. He can shove his pseudo-intellectual hypocrisy up his arse. He's the English Bruno Alves.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Looking back at it and what he's said on Twitter, it does look like he's genuinely trying to get a City player to react and get sent off as well after feeling wronged.

I suppose there is some kind of method in that madness. Not much in the way of professionalism or common decency but certainly some method that extends beyond mindless thuggishness.

Ash_G

Looking back at it and what he's said on Twitter, it does look like he's genuinely trying to get a City player to react and get sent off as well after feeling wronged.

I suppose there is some kind of method in that madness. Not much in the way of professionalism or common decency but certainly some method that extends beyond mindless thuggishness.
Really? Sounds about as likely as Terry's defence against Barca. He's a thug, plain and simple.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Really? Sounds about as likely as Terry's defence against Barca. He's a thug, plain and simple.
Don't get me wrong, it's no defence for what he did in anything other than his own mind.