View full 2014-15 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ravelston

Yeah but that's thanks to the other 10 players on the pitch working harder to make up for Evan's mistakes.
Am I doing this right?
Unfortunately I think that's the case. Just watched the Spurs game and lost count of the number of times he failed to spot the quick pass - instead he shuffled forward aimlessly until all passing lanes were blocked then booted the ball upfield to nobody. (In my view, shuffling forward with the ball is a sign of indecision not composure. Obviously a lot of posters disagree with me on this.)

sunama

Baghdad Bob
In that case, what you are doing is criticising a defender, for not having creative vision.
Once Blind is back, if in doubt, the defenders can pass to him and he will find a creative pass (to our attacking midfielders). That's what he is there for.
When I judge a defender, its on his ability to defend and looking at the stats, opposing strikers have not done well against our defence, since Evans has been playing.

Let the defence ensure that the ball doesnt go in the back of our net.
Let the attackers ensure that the ball does end up in the back the opposition's net.
If you are looking for a ball playing (intelligent/confident) defender, it may take a while for Evans to get there...if ever.

Fletcher is a lost cause. But I think that Evans still has a job to do at the club.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Fletcher is a lost cause. But I think that Evans still has a job to do at the club.
Right now a four man defense seems like the only platform for Jonny to show only positives but that would require absolutely no injury streak and some swift transfer movement in nearest future.

It's possible, not too probable but still...

Getsme

Unfortunately I think that's the case. Just watched the Spurs game and lost count of the number of times he failed to spot the quick pass - instead he shuffled forward aimlessly until all passing lanes were blocked then booted the ball upfield to nobody. (In my view, shuffling forward with the ball is a sign of indecision not composure. Obviously a lot of posters disagree with me on this.)
You do realise I was joking?

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I thought the Spurs game was his best of the season. Made some good interceptions and tracked his man reasonably well. He does still needs to get tighter when closing down and u e looks very nervous in possession and then proceeds to either goes backwards or hoofs it forward but that's probably a lack of confidence. Overall not a bad game from Evans yesterday.

roseguy64

I thought the Spurs game was his best of the season. Made some good interceptions and tracked his man reasonably well. He does still needs to get tighter when closing down and u e looks very nervous in possession and then proceeds to either goes backwards or hoofs it forward but that's probably a lack of confidence. Overall not a bad game from Evans yesterday.
Newcastle for me.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think it's fair to say that he's the first out the door this summer.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I've said it before, There is nothing I like about Evans. No defining quality other than spending the whole game shouting at others whilst being shit

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's been complete dogshite this season. His form has been Championship standard so far

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I fcuking hate this jonny evans cnut.

EDIT: This was in response to him ranting at Luke Shaw for HIS mistake. Not because he's hot garbage. Which he is.

Last edited:

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Every man and his dog tries to bully him now as they know he is a bit soft.

izec

every time someone runs at him, he has the ball or he is chasing the ball, you can see he is panicking. Clueless at the moment. Got even bullied by Diouf.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Has regressed so much, he just seems to panic in possession all the time now

dirkey

He's terrible. Can someone tell him to head the ball rather than letting it bounce? Idiot. Then ranting at others constantly, when it's he who is constantly messing up.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Time to sell. Makes a mistake almost every game, put him under pressure/physically get in his face and he shits himself and he's at the age where you can't say he's going to get much better. Should be the first defender out the door.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Probably the dumbest defender we have, always thought that it's Jones but Evans is doing everything he can to prove me wrong.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I've never been so nervous when we have had a defender in our back line. He is just a disaster waiting to happen every game. It annoys me even more when you see him shout at others when he is the one that has made the error! Probably the only player I really want gone in the summer, if not this January.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He makes me so nervous. I'm guessing he'll be dropped once Rojo is back fit.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Apart from being wrong to let the ball bounce that time when it comes to individual errors he hasn't done much wrong at all, he definitely wasn't at fault for the goal. Our problems at the back there in that first half have mainly being as a defensive unit other than anything else, letting balls bounce, coming off 2nd best or not getting heads on crosses, corners etc.