View full 2014-15 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ZDwyr

Did well enough so fair play to him. Hopefully he builds on that.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Whatever happens I'll always love him for that time he karate kicked Drogba in the heart and made him have a pretend fit.

Tottenham 0:0 Man Utd

MoneyMay

Defended well again, but his distribution was very poor. Same applies to Jones. Our defenders are still getting used to playing from the back in a 3-5-2, but you expect them to do much better given that they have good ball-playing skills.

Skywarden

Was he out with Rio last night by any chance? Was merciless with some of those hoofs. It's a terrible sight really and together with an inexperienced McNair we simply lost every bit of sense and possession.

LVG must be fuming.

NessunDorma

Loved his sumptuous cross field ball to the invisible man in the 61st minute :drool: Wasn't his fault that the invisible man let it run under his foot and out of play.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He's an annoying player, but to be fair there wasn't a lot in midfield to pick out with a pass today.

Mister_Stubbs

Still maintain when we get in the central defenders LGV wants this guy will be one of, if not the first out the door.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Evans may stay but we really crawl for full world class defender in that area from quite a time now.

Varun

Staff
Has somehow gone from being our best defender on the ball to someone that ounts it every chance. Plain weird.

Kag

His presence on the field is irritating me. I can't even put my finger on why, but the fact he may have come off the pitch injured only reinforces the irritation.

When he comes off, it's always a limp, as if he could probably play on, yet remains out for what becomes a month to two month.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
His distribution is so poor he simply should not be starting games when we have everyone else fit. Won't be here next season.

PvsNP

His defending was sound today, but his distribution was poor. I don't think he will be in LvG's plans for the future if he doesn't improve in that aspect.

Kakeru

For a seasoned defender he always makes schoolboy mistakes. Once Rojo gets back Evans won't see much action on the pitch.
That's the definite reason why he will be the first to be axed among our older defenders from the moment we find the quality replacements we need.

Getsme

He's getting better every game. All you can ask from a player who was out so long injured. The distribution will come. Always a strength of his, as we saw with that one Scholesque ball out to Valencia in the first half. Seems like some of ye want him to fail. Weird.
In a nutshell, some want to be proven right rather than be proven wrong, even though it will benefit the team in the long run :eek:. Every mistake is jumped on and every good passage of play is ignored, personally I thought he played quite well today, one misplaced pass shouldn’t take away from that.

Ringo 07

I just can't see him staying in the first team if we sign a new defender next summer. He's an outstanding squad player. His defending is solid. He's a bit like O'Shea - a top premier league defender but not really good enough for man utd's first XI

izec

He's getting better every game. All you can ask from a player who was out so long injured. The distribution will come. Always a strength of his, as we saw with that one Scholesque ball out to Valencia in the first half. Seems like some of ye want him to fail. Weird.
you want Falcao to fail too.

Cina

He is blatantly improving on a game by game basis, you'd have to be blind or want him to fail to think otherwise. The real issue is whether he'll actually keep himself fit long enough to hit good form and actually keep at that level.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He seems uncomfortable in this formation. Looks incredibly awkward on the ball, what is weird because he’s our best CB in that regard by some distance. I think he will be fine, McNair needs to be dropped first, we can’t rely on him so much.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He is blatantly improving on a game by game basis, you'd have to be blind or want him to fail to think otherwise. The real issue is whether he'll actually keep himself fit long enough to hit good form and actually keep at that level.
Depressing how many players in our squad that last sentence applies to, word for word.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Glad he's showing some improvement. Hadn't been impressed with him this season, but hopefully it was more formation/returning from fitness problems and he'll find some of his better form and sustain it. Needs to go on a solid run for us now.

Varun

Staff
Cmon Cina, expect you to be better than saying people that criticize him want him to fail.

Anyways, today he was good defensively and justifiably looked knackered towards the end and I had the feeling there was a mistake coming which is why it was the correct decision to sub him. Way too many punts though, used to be delightful on the ball. Hope he gets that back with regular games.

Cina

Cmon Cina, expect you to be better than saying people that criticize him want him to fail.

Anyways, today he was good defensively and justifiably looked knackered towards the end and I had the feeling there was a mistake coming which is why it was the correct decision to sub him. Way too many punts though, used to be delightful on the ball. Hope he gets that back with regular games.
I never claimed anyone actively wanted him to ;)

I can see why people will criticize his performances, he's obviously just not been good enough, but he is recovering from injury and he is clearly showing improvement, that's the area I can't fathom how people would be able to acknowledge, because he's just blatantly been better than he was a few games ago, as you would expect, really.

Varun

Staff
I never claimed anyone actively wanted him to ;)

I can see why people will criticize his performances, he's obviously just not been good enough, but he is recovering from injury and he is clearly showing improvement, that's the area I can't fathom how people would be able to acknowledge, because he's just blatantly been better than he was a few games ago, as you would expect, really.
The posts about his performance today are pretty much all about his woeful punts all game, not about his actual defensive performance which was good. The distribution was shocking though, no getting away from that besides that superb ball to Valencia.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Why was he subbed? Just because he kept passing it to the Tottenham fans or because he had some kind of a knock?

itso 7

Defensively he was not as shaky as his earlier matches but on the ball he was pretty disapointing. I expected him, of all people, to have a cooler head and attempt to play it out. Maybe it's the difficulties he is encountering with this formation, I don't know, but he is and should be better than that.
Does anyone have any idea why he was hauled off?

Sylar

I wish him or Jones would actually run into the space when they pass it along the back instead of hoofing it up front. So much space but they panic and try to find a striker. Even a pass to somebody like Carrick is on but they are worried about finding him.}

Defensively sound, distribution shocking. He tries too many Hollywood switch passes.

JoaquinJoaquin

Why was he subbed? Just because he kept passing it to the Tottenham fans or because he had some kind of a knock?
Probably because watching him, McNair and Jones mess it up at the back was starting to cost us big time. Can't help but feel Evans will be one of the players replaced in Summer, and rightfully so. The defence is crying out for a leader and someone who can actually distribute.