Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There's still a big distinction between spitting at somebody's feet and spitting at them. One is just an expression of hostility and the other is the equivalent of a blow.
It's still spitting at someone - which is a bit moronic whatever way you look at it.

Basically, if Evans really needed to spit, he could have turned his head and done it elsewhere.

ZDwyr

I must be blind, didn't even see the spit. Thought he was good though, been harshly voted on in the match day voting I think. Was solid with Smalling. Well done Jonny.

Will Absolute

It's still spitting at someone - which is a bit moronic whatever way you look at it.

Basically, if Evans really needed to spit, he could have turned his head and done it elsewhere.
He probably didn't need to spit - most likely he did it deliberately. But he still didn't spit on Cisse. And that's important.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He did quite well and looked more like the Evans of old. His defending was much more assured and confident from before, and he was very good at carrying the ball forward. He's been more positive than he has ever been this season, both on the ball and off of it.

With Rojo struggling in the air against Obertan, Evans did a good job of preventing Newcastle do much with the second ball. It's a very good time for him to be coming into form as well as we'll be having some tough matches in the next few weeks.

My only criticism of him at the moment would be that long diagonals are horrible. Then again, none of our defenders other than Smalling can play a good long, diagonal pass out to the wingers.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He spat? I didn't see that but happy he was decent tonight. Never have a United defender made me more nervous than Evans has this season.

m1y2

I actually think it was one of his best games this year. Both good defensively and great going forward. It's always helpful when your midfielders are unwilling to play risky passes.. Keep it up Jonnyand maybe you're going to turn it around here!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Usually Evans biggest critic, but today he played like the Evans of old, and what many people expect him too be like.

Perhaps he needs to be stamped and spat at a few times to give him that edge, as he seemed to play with an aggression I rarely see from him. Some of his dribbling forward was pretty impressive too.

He will probably get banned now anyway but for once he did himself justice.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's impossible to say what he meant, but it seems pretty unlikely that he'd spit there had they not been having a barney at the time. How often will a footballer spit that close to a player when he could turn his head an inch or two and miss him by three or four feet? It looked like one of those where he deliberately spat near him, but not at him. A sort of "piss off, you twat" spit, rather than actively trying to gob on him. After all, no matter how ropey he's been this season, it's hard to believe he could miss him from there if he was trying to hit him.

Who knows, though. Daft thing to do. Equally it doesn't bother me as much as, say, a really bad challenge, or almost everything every manager in the league says in interviews after games.

ChaddyP

Looked like he was spitting on the ground. Footballers do it all the while. Rvp does it from his nose.

In actual news. I think he was valiant in defense today. Did well and concentrated. I always bash him when he shits himself. He was calm and cool today.

Sam

He did really well tonight. And he clearly wasn't spitting at Cisse ffs.

NoPace

Think his performance has been a bit overrated. Struggled at times in the first half. More of a 6.5 or a 7/10 than anything too special.

ChaddyP

Think his performance has been a bit overrated. Struggled at times in the first half. More of a 6.5 or a 7/10 than anything too special.

6.5 or 7 for evans is an amazing performance by his standards these days

SalfordRed1960

Spitting wise aside he was very good today with Smalling. Would be annoying if he got banned as he is getting his confidence back. I liked the sense of urgency he showed bringing the ball forward in the last 25 minutes.
He looked a lot better today. Still not where he was a few years ago, but definitely better.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I thought he did really well, very good infact, so frustrating that he can put in performances like tonight and then look like an error waiting to happen in other games, if he was just constantly shit it would be far easier to write him off as dead weight :D tonight we saw the type of performance he should be delivering far more often.

Redo91

He was clearly spitting at Cisse FFS! Are people actually suggesting that he just happened to be spitting at the ground right where Cisse was standing at that exact moment? Of course not. Cisse's was worse but Evans spat first. Both will get hefty bans and deservedly so.

manutddjw

There was the moment late in the game where it was still 0-0 and he of all people was the one who finally showed some urgency and tried to force the issue rather than just pass the ball around and ait for something to happen. For that, he's back in my good graces. On top of it, I thought he did well defensively.

As far as the spitting goes, I didn't see it. Nor did any of the commentators pick up on it when they showed at least 3 replays of the tussle with Cisse.

Winrar

Been a critic of him this season but aside that spitting incident I thought he actually played well, at least better than the shit he's been serving for majority of the season.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Definitely his best game of the season.

The spitting thing is ridiculous. Blatantly wasn't spitting at Cisse (who is a revolting turd btw)
He blatantly was spitting at him, pogue and it was fecking idiotic of him as it was like you say his best game of the season and he is likely to get banned for 3 games now, fecking needless!

ZDwyr

Seeing the footage, appeared to definitely spit at him IMO. Unless the footage doesn't show the best angle. Anyway, he still played well.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Definitely his best game of the season.

The spitting thing is ridiculous. Blatantly wasn't spitting at Cisse (who is a revolting turd btw)
He did really well tonight. And he clearly wasn't spitting at Cisse ffs.
Maybe it's just the vines I'm looking at...(I didn't see the match and can't watch highlights) but he clearly seems to be spitting at him and then shits himself when Cisse has a go back.

I'm just saying from the angle I saw. If he was spitting, he needs banning. That is disgusting

Sam

Maybe it's just the vines I'm looking at...(I didn't see the match and can't watch highlights) but he clearly seems to be spitting at him and then shits himself when Cisse has a go back.

I'm just saying from the angle I saw. If he was spitting, he needs banning. That is disgusting
Having seen it again (a good few times) it does look a lot worse then I first thought.

Spitting at the ground? My arse.

I'll ignore the fact that he also flinched away from Papiss fecking Cisse.
That was quite embarrassing. He proper flinched, then remembered he was a footballer and had to pretend to be hard :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he played really well the last few games, but that spit is disgraceful really. No two ways about it. If you say anything else then you're full of shit as well. It was a blatant spit at Cisse, and Cisse back at him. Embarrassing and maybe the final nail in the coffin with regards to his United career, considering he was probably on thin ice with regards to the awful form and constant injuries.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I like that after a disastrous start he might be yet another redemption story from this season. Even if many only realized it a month or so too late.

And then of course he will probably get banned temporarily afterwards...

Devil may care

I think him and Cisse will be getting a 3 match ban at least, the media are after blood and the FA will feel there's enough there to act.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Had one of his better games, and I say that because he didn't literally hand the other team a goal. So well done Jonny.

NK86

Had one of his better games, and I say that because he didn't literally hand the other team a goal. So well done Jonny.
Nonsense. He was our best defender yesterday. Rojo and Smalling were poor and Smalling in particular was lucky not to cost us a penalty with that lazy tackle. Only on redcafe can we have a player's good performance undermined by a snide remark.

prateik

If he doesnt keep getting injured, he can be pretty good.
Keeps getting injured and then takes a few weeks to stop being scared of the ball