4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
BT are blowing the 'spit' out of all proportion, unsurprisingly.

There's no way he was spitting at him, he was just spitting and it went near him. Understandable for Cisse to think there was something in it, but the commentary and punditry is making it out to be a horror show.

The bigger deal is that Cisse lashed out with his foot.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
surely he was just spitting on the floor, as per every footballer all the time?
But you don't do it when there's someone on the floor right below you... if you're going to spit, you do it when you're by yourself, away from others. He clearly knows what he's doing there.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Evans spits on ground, no question he's spitting at Cisse. Cisse on the other hand.....couldn't be clearer. Rijkaardesque.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
BT are blowing the 'spit' out of all proportion, unsurprisingly.

There's no way he was spitting at him, he was just spitting and it went near him. Understandable for Cisse to think there was something in it, but the commentary and punditry is making it out to be a horror show.

The bigger deal is that Cisse lashed out with his foot.
Very well put, I agree with everything.

paulscholes18

surely he was just spitting on the floor, as per every footballer all the time?

Didn't see Cisse spit back. Did he?

Can't remember a UK/Irish footballer spitting and getting banned. When was the last one?
Can remember a few Europeans.
El Hadji Diouf got a 3 game ban in 2004

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Spitting on the ground? For feck sake. I was expecting some blind defence of him but I was hoping for a stronger stand than that.

Cisse is standing up to go head to head with him and Evans just happens to spit in that direction "on the ground" at that moment.

Spitting is scum behaviour and he'll rightly be banned. No harm either.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It was a strange time to spit vaguely in Cisse's direction if he wasn't spitting at him. It does seem like he probably wasn't spitting at him, but it still seems a very odd time to spit with someone so nearby.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Sorry, but who spits on the ground that close to someone? Even if your being incredibly lenient, it's still a bit disgusting. I don't imagine I'd be too thrilled if someone spat that close to me on a football field, especially if I was on the floor too.

Not excusing what Cisse did mind, that's just outright idiotic.

acnumber9

I doubt much would be being made of the spit if it wasn't one of out favourite scapegoats. He played pretty well tonight if we want to talk about the game.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Given him plenty of stick this season but he played really well today and improved as the game went on. His best game of the season so far.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Was okay in the second half, thought him and Smalling looked a bit shaky in the first.

Heardy

What's this about him and cisse being involved in a spitting incident? Jeff Stelling just mentioned it on SSN.

Who did the spitting?

Edit: Just saw posts above. As you were...

Gopher Brown

Any spitting is disgusting, whether aimed at a player or not. Imagine any other professionals just gozzing on the floor every two minutes, and yet footballers do it.

I thought he was very good tonight for once.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Did he spit at him though? He spat, I don't think anyone can deny that, but it was nowhere near him.
Difficult to say and we need to see it from different angles but first reaction was it was very close to Cisse which is just daft

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Seems to be improving as has his "shouting at other players for no reason" habit.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'd be very surprised if he was banned for that spit. Just a standard footballer spitting every 30 seconds.

Getsme

Difficult to say and we need to see it from different angles but first reaction was it was very close to Cisse which is just daft
It was a stupid thing to do.
Apart from that he played very well today.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Looking at it again in the slow motion replay, it looks to me like Evans has kind of spat at him. I feel like he's either done it deliberately, or has kind of done it and thought, "Oh shit, I spat on him!", since he doesn't really seem to take his eyes away from Cisse. If it's the latter, then it's daft of him because he should just turn elsewhere and spit. Looks fairly deliberate though: yes he spits downwards, but he knows Cisse is there, and generally maintains eye contact with him.

Devil may care

There's a spitting image joke to be had but I can't think of it right now, at any rate I thought he was ok tonight, him and Smalling seem more comfortable together than when paired with one of the pit-bulls.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I'd be very surprised if he was banned for that spit. Just a standard footballer spitting every 30 seconds.
Not when they're facing an opponent and in that closer proximity they don't.

Footballing wise, he was very good tonight - which makes the spitting nonsense all the more annoying.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Have to be honest, I hadn't realized he spat until I read the thread. Nothing in it for me.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
No way was that a deliberate spit at Cisse. Any fool can see it was just a small bit of spit that fell out of his mouth as he was breathing out, very easily happen too in fairness. Feck them stupid camera's anyways, making things look like something they aren't.

On his performance tonight, he can't be faulted on anything. He appears to be getting more consistent too lately and that's probably down to him building up his confidence again. A fully confident and charged Evans would easily be our best CB, not saying that would be a hard job these days.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Not when they're facing an opponent and in that closer proximity they don't.

Footballing wise, he was very good tonight - which makes the spitting nonsense all the more annoying.
I think you underestimate the stupidity of the average footballer, myself.

RU Devil

Thought he actually played one of his better games this season. Heck, I appreciated when he tried to take the bull by the horns and drove the ball all the way to the 18 yd line. Thought he was gonna take it all by himself, LOL. Almost came off, and if we had put in a cross while he was up there, I don't doubt he'd gotten his head on it. Wish some of our other players would risk it sometimes.

Will Absolute

Sorry, but who spits on the ground that close to someone? Even if your being incredibly lenient, it's still a bit disgusting. I don't imagine I'd be too thrilled if someone spat that close to me on a football field, especially if I was on the floor too.

Not excusing what Cisse did mind, that's just outright idiotic.
There's still a big distinction between spitting at somebody's feet and spitting at them. One is just an expression of hostility and the other is the equivalent of a blow.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Spitting wise aside he was very good today with Smalling. Would be annoying if he got banned as he is getting his confidence back. I liked the sense of urgency he showed bringing the ball forward in the last 25 minutes.