View full 2014-15 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
To put it in perspective, McNair did more defending in the 15 mins he was on the pitch.

He did make a really good tackle late in the second half and I was thinking great challenge Jonny and then he gave the ball back and to top it off proceded to get nutmegged!

Kakeru

Still the same deer in front of the flashlights.

What's up with his studs though? He fell on the floor at least twice today.

bugmat

Shame about how he's fallen from what he was 3-4 years ago. Our worst defender atm, even more than Valencia a converted RB. Slipping, sliding an getting nutmegged - he made one great tackle and then messed up trying to pass it off.

stevoc

Still the same deer in front of the flashlights.

What's up with his studs though? He fell on the floor at least twice today.
Must have been the pitch quite a few players on both sides slipped.

Can remember Jones slipping 2-3 times and Shaw also i think.

Brophs

The One and Only
If the rumours about him being in danger of being sold this summer are true then he did himself no favours tonight.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
Did anyone else notice him stop playing to appeal for a handball, the ricochet then nearly put Palace through on goal? The ref didn't give the handball. He was stupid and lucky.
I saw that too and surprised it wasn't mentioned by others. That was piss poor, but he was lucky.

Kakeru

If the rumours about him being in danger of being sold this summer are true then he did himself no favours tonight.
With all the talks about Hummels and God knows who else (Laporte?), I would certainly not be surprised if Evans is sold soon.

marlowe78

The 'play' when he turtled along the touchline and gave Palace a run at goal is why I can't have any sympathies for him. Not only does he make poor decisions but he also completely bottles challenges that any defender with one testicle would make. Should be the first to go this summer.

legball

Evans has this unique ability, I don't know how to explain it, but whenever he's on the pitch, we have zero composure in defence. I've never rated him even when he was having a purple patch. At one time, he had a good tackel, recovered the ball, lost it, then got nutmegged - just how incredibly stupid can these lad be?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The situation is simple. LVG shall perform miracle therapy on him like he did with Fellaini or we're gonna shit bricks when he'll play against Champions League firms next season.

His injury record isn't helping though as he constantly look not focused enough when trying to reach some kind of a form.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
The abuse he was getting on social media (and I'm assuming on here too) was truly embarrassing. Ok, he isn't Rio or Vidic but he has done well for a player who came through the system, it doesn't happen that often these days so we should support the players when they do. In fact, support should just be the done thing, I really feel sorry for him. I remember all the players slipping and it was down to the pitch, Evans slipped, it was because he was shit? I just don't get it.

I have seen people blaming him today, we fecking won, he didn't cost us the game, stop acting like he did only because you want it to be true.

Djemba-Djemba

When he'd comically fallen over twice within about 3 minutes of being on the pitch you knew he would be way off the pace and of course he was.
I think it's a real shame how much he's struggled, there have been periods here and there where he's looked really good and even been a decent goal threat but he looks a mess now.

Can't see him being here next season.

bugmat

Out of all our defenders this season, he is by far the one that makes me shit myself whenever he has the ball or an opponent is running at him.
What about Blackett? Evans isn't that bad! His confidence is at minus now however and it permeates the entire defence when he's in there... if/when we buy this summer he'll be permanently benched or sold.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
His defending has been bad enough but his indecisiveness really does my head in. He has this routine of holding up the ball for about 10 seconds longer than he needs to before he either hoofs it up or loses the ball as was the case yesterday. Just clear the fecking ball.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The abuse he was getting on social media (and I'm assuming on here too) was truly embarrassing. Ok, he isn't Rio or Vidic but he has done well for a player who came through the system, it doesn't happen that often these days so we should support the players when they do. In fact, support should just be the done thing, I really feel sorry for him. I remember all the players slipping and it was down to the pitch, Evans slipped, it was because he was shit? I just don't get it.

I have seen people blaming him today, we fecking won, he didn't cost us the game, stop acting like he did only because you want it to be true.
Aye, it's a strange game to be turning on him. Admittedly, his first five minutes were pretty terrible but once he got up to the pace of the game he was actually quite solid. Won as many aerial duals and made as many headed clearances in his 50 minutes as Smalling did in 84 minutes. Twice as many tackles too.

OneUnited24

What about Blackett? Evans isn't that bad! His confidence is at minus now however and it permeates the entire defence when he's in there... if/when we buy this summer he'll be permanently benched or sold.
Evans is that bad and has 7-8 years on Blackett. As soon as he came on yesterday you could see there was a mistake there waiting to happen. There was one piece of defending in the first half which was so comical it made me think "why dont defenders do that against us!" Evans was running onto a ball he was favourite for but somehow slipped allowing the Palace winger to pick it up and run at Smalling in the box. I thought he didnt do all that bad after but hes the type of defender where you know theres a mistake in there. When he was in his early 20s you would say hes young and learning, add a few comparisons with Rio at that age but now hes just not good enough for us.

Its a shame but a few seasons ago i really thought he'd be the first name on the teamsheet he was composed on the ball and could read the game very well, i thought he was on course to develop into a great CB. Now i just see him as a liability.

roseguy64

Aye, it's a strange game to be turning on him. Admittedly, his first five minutes were pretty terrible but once he got up to the pace of the game he was actually quite solid. Won as many aerial duals and made as many headed clearances in his 50 minutes as Smalling did in 84 minutes. Twice as many tackles too.
This pretty much. Can't fault him much for the slipping either as that was the pitch. Can only remember the losing the ball to Zaha incident after that period.

Classical Mechanic

I blame him for causing panic in the defence. He comes on and starts making panic gestures with his hand when he can't find a pass. At one point he also stopped playing to appeal for a handball that the ref didn't give. Palace almost got a clear run on goal because of that.

He did a nice tackle on Zaha at one point but then tried to dribble away and got tackled himself by Wilf! Palace had a dangerous attack as a result. He did plenty wrong in fairness.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Appears we have already begun replacing Helen on MUTv too. I saw a new blonde on there on Thursday.

Water Melon

Taking into account his age and performances, I think he will not be playing for United next season.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

While some of the stick he got was unfair and over the top, he does not help himself does he? Homegrown or not, hes been very poor for a long time now and needs to be moved on.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
While some of the stick he got was unfair and over the top, he does not help himself does he? Homegrown or not, hes been very poor for a long time now and needs to be moved on.
There is poor and there is not up to fans high expectations. And to be honest, I think many of his performances fall under the latter category.

I admit, he hasn't been great this season and out of all the defenders, he should be the first to be moved on (as much as I like him) but he is one of those players who won't get praised, only criticized.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Some of the grief he gets from our fans is way ott, just like Tom I think he will do well in a team where he can play regularly under less pressure. Fans sadly have this habit of developing a picture of a player in their mind and unless you have a Fellaini - Young level comeback it never seems to change

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
He causes panic across the whole defensive line. He shouldn't be here next season, he would still do a decent job at a mid table premier League side.

Stretford End Phil

When Rio, Vidic and Evra were around Evans, Smallimg and Jones looked quite good. Now they've gone all three have gone through hell but Evans has been left behind. His decline in form over the last two seasons has been tragic. I genuinely think, if a solid CB was on board all three would find their form restored.

NK86

It is waving your hands in a panic motion, he does it all the time. He does it as soon as he can't find an easy pass and the opposition start to get close to him. Nothing to do with organising the defence.
What exactly is "panic gestures"? Can you show some examples.

ZDwyr

Think some of the criticism he has got has been over the top (and I am not his biggest fan at all).

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Well he wasn't playing the Everton game when we were all over the place defensively, even Yesterday Valencia gave away lots of silly free kicks, Smalling conceded one for the goal and Blind was absolutely awful in the wall and yet it's Evans who supposedly caused the panic

buckooo1978

the good thing about Evans is his past record for Sunderland and us would suggest that he still holds a decent transfer value - I think he could rekindle some form at a lower table team

I think a team like Sunderland would pay 10 million plus for him

it sickened me to hear we sold Kagawa for 6 million

NK86

It is waving your hands about saying 'who is on, where are you?'. Just watch him next time he plays.
You are criticizing him for the sake of it now. So if he is being closed down, he will obviously wave out to his team mates to make themselves available for the pass. If that spreads "panic" among paid professionals at the top level, then God help us.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Just watching the match again, the basic defensive errors he makes are shocking. Why is he always ball watching? But for De Gea, Murray would've scored and we'd be looking at the barrel of a fourth consecutive defeat. Evans, meanwhile is marking their DM Jedinak, who he loses anyway. Smalling wasn't much better yesterday either.