g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

José Mourinho | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think we've scored 2 goals this entire preseason? Or 3? Or 5.

Member 90887

Plot twist: Jose is doing this to put pressure on the board to give him the players he wants players !

Or maybe, we're just shit.

Anyway, let's wait for a few competetive games to get a better sense of where we are.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Shite! :lol: completely forgot about the Madrid win.

El Jefe

Absolute chicken shit of a manager.

The worst period of a manager's reign is when its clear they've run out of ideas. Mourinho is clearly out of ideas and it started in the second half of last season.

I've never not looked forward to a new season but Mourinho and his negative shite have seen to that.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I’ve backed him but I honestly thought this season he would release the reins. Looking at pre-season where the results don’t really matter, we actually look even more defensive than ever before.

I’m still backing him and hope when the season starts for real we show some balls but I’m not optimistic.

Eddy_JukeZ

I’ve backed him but I honestly thought this season he would release the reins. Looking at pre-season where the results don’t really matter, we actually look even more defensive than ever before.

I’m still backing him and hope when the season starts for real we show some balls but I’m not optimistic.
I am amazed anyone thought he'd release the reins.

Jose is who he is. He will never change.

We just have to hope he doesn't implode and our season isn't a complete disaster.

adamwest

Agree here mate. Let's see what happens come Friday evening but he needs a good start to lessen the stress.

AR87

I think we've scored 2 goals this entire preseason? Or 3?
5. Still nowhere near good enough. We don't even have the personnel at LB, RB (maybe Dalot can provide it though) or RW to consistently play well on the counter like we set up to do so often.

I think Jose has been fine the first two seasons and had to deal with alot of issues, but even in preseason it hasn't been good enough thus far. If we drop points to Leicester or Brighton this could go off the rails soon and he'll get the ax.

Minimalist

I am amazed anyone thought he'd release the reins.

Jose is who he is. He will never change.

We just have to hope he doesn't implode and our season isn't a complete disaster.
I would just worry that Old Trafford will turn toxic if we spend the first couple months playing this shite football coupled with below-par results. That's why I keep thinking it'll be one extreme or the other. If we fail, it's going to be a bloodbath.

marktan

I've been behind him because I like the overall progress of his transfers, but I've been miffed by his lack of good wide forward and full back signings and was willing to give him this summer (and the previous Jan) to rectify. We've signed no one for our RW, and a relatively unknown player for our full back.

I'm sorry, but the shit football we'll play this season is on him. We could've signed Mahrez this season and it would've been a huge upgrade to out attack. But we didn't. Sanchez and Lingard as a pair aren't good enough as wide players for a top team, neither are Young and Valencia. I think Mourinho's taken us as far as he can and we should look for someone with better ideas, which I think will happen at the end of this season at the very latest with an early dismissal not surprising.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Gone the hour that we can no longer qualify for the CL. Unfortunately for each and everyone of us, that'll be March at the earliest. Make big weekend plans to get over the disappointment, that's all I can advise.

sp_107

This is a friendly so don't understand why we are scared to attack

This is not a rash comment, I am watching this game hoping it will change but it feels like we went there all the way just to give Bayern some attacking practice !!!!! No I am not ready for this

Eddy_JukeZ

I would just worry that Old Trafford will turn toxic if we spend the first couple months playing this shite football coupled with below-par results. That's why I keep thinking it'll be one extreme or the other. If we fail, it's going to be a bloodbath.
If we don't win against Leicester, the cafe will implode and OT will probably shower the field with boos.

We can't afford to not win that game. We must win it.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
It's clear we will never achieve anything significant with him as manager. He is a complete shambles of a coach at this point, awful awful football. Can't wait to see the back of him.

Mr PG

Several coaches already and all unable to play attractive footie. U can’t play swashbuckling football and win with the squad we have especially in defense. Even fergie’s last few years we played terrible football tbh.

Lots of wasted money and time when the likes of David Silva, Aguero and co were available we were murking about with the likes of Obertan, Bebe etc

Last edited:

Paranoid Android

It's funny. You'd think preseason would be a good chance to practice some attacking play, as well as defence, so that we are well prepared for when the league starts.

But what do I know eh?

walkinhop

Yeah, this felt like a punishment. One of those tortures that make you watch a bad film with your eye lids stuck open. Not even barely excited for the season to begin.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
How can anyone defend this manager and this football. It’s actually beyond a joke that people try too

Fauzan

This man is out of ideas. All this talk of players not being signed is nonsense.

He can't make any of his players, even the best ones, play proper attacking football. Unimaginative, inept and toothless with woeful movement.
Whatever team he puts out, we fail to create and play properly! Been the case for all of 2018 and the same continues.

Treble

Pre-season games are largely meaningless. I was critical of Jose August/September last season when things were looking rosy and the caf was bigging the team up. It's too early to write off the team now. Let's see the first games. I'm not talking about the results but about the performances. Might be better than expected.

Minimalist

It's funny. You'd think preseason would be a good chance to practice some attacking play, as well as defence, so that we are well prepared for when the league starts.

But what do I know eh?
Guard your tongue comrade. And wipe that silly grin off your face. This is football - not some sort of game.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I would rather have A. Pardew to manage our club. No wonder board is not fully backing Mourinho, he probably wants another CB to park the bus all season. I really hope we will work behind the scenes and after the season we sack that portuguese fraud. How fecking depressing it is that we play shit football for the last 8 years. At least under SAF last years he could make a title out of it. Football moved on, we need new ideas..

Ryan7

More of the same pathetic tactics from Jose. Parking the bus in friendlies takes the biscuit. Jose's best days are long gone. He is a complete coward. We'll be way off City again while playing woeful football. This isn't knee jerk either. I've wanted him gone since the Sevilla game. No amount of signings will change anything.

Hopefully he'll be gone by Christmas.

Minimalist

I would rather have A. Pardew to manage our club. No wonder board is not fully backing Mourinho, he probably wants another CB to park the bus all season. I really hope we will work behind the scenes and after the season we sack that portuguese fraud. How fecking depressing it is that we play shit football for the last 8 years. At least under SAF last years he could make a title out of it. Football moved on, we need new ideas..
Let's not go mental.

I doubt even Giggs would have us playing this shite though.

M16Red

just sent him this, lets hope it helps

Delivery 1 of 1

Dispatched by World of Books Ltd

Dispatching to: Jose Mourinho, THE LOWRY HOTEL 50, DEARMANS PLACE, SALFORD, M3 5LH United Kingdom
  • Attacking Soccer - Joseph A. Luxbacher
    £1.45 - Quantity: 1
    Paperback - Used, Good
    Sold by: World of Books Ltd

Reactions: sizzling sausages
Status
Not open for further replies.