Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajma

Some people have got terrible memories.

Do they forget how tumescent and boring the football was under LVG? David De Gea was our best player FFS. We spent millions on players that by the end of the season were nowhere near the first team. In Europe we got knocked out by a team on a fraction of our budget with an embarrassing performance. Some of our best players were hangovers from Ferguson’s era and our goals to game ratio was pathetic with other teams scoring way more than us. At least we got to an FA Cup final that year though.
:lol:

red4ever 79

Firmly in the Jose out camp now. The last 3 months were awful and reminded me of the time when we just fell flat with LVG towards the end of his reign. Tactically abysmal

Jacob

LvG did clean out a lot of deadwood to be fair. That was his highest achievement.

Craig Ward

More of the same if we throw more money at it.

Jose isn't the answer I'm afraid.

He's bullied most players into having zero confidence and tacticly we have been awful all season

Thisistheone

The worry is we could easily end up having a Chelsea style meltdown season next year.

If we're lucky we could have another repeat season where we're miles away from City playing joyless football.

Great times.

Brophs

The One and Only
The biggest concern for me would be that we’re two years in to the Mourinho project and I don’t get the impression we’re especially close to him having a squad of players that he can trust.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The biggest concern for me would be that we’re two years in to the Mourinho project and I don’t get the impression we’re especially close to him having a squad of players that he can trust.
Doesn't even look like he trusts the players he signed.

Andersons Dietician

Doesn't even look like he trusts the players he signed.
Which is a worry with “stories” of him being set to spend 250 mil. Someone even mentioned 500mil. We must be buying Neymar twice if that’s the case just because we can.

But in all seriousness do people trust him to spend 250 mil now?

I do think the players he has bought are good and there is certainly ability there for any manager to work with. What manager wouldn’t like the likes of Pogba and Alexis within their ranks. I just can’t help this feeling he’s away to make a few bad decisions this summer.

Blind

This summer has the potential to be a disaster for any future manager with Martial looking very likely to leave, Pogba's future not certain and continuing to trust Young and Valencia as first XI players while bringing in a few players in their late 20s who will need replacing after two or three seasons. He's clearly going nowhere so there's no point speculating about a new manager but the club should really take a minute to look at where we're going before giving him another 200m+ to spend.

Adisa

He's going o be under a huge amount of pressure next season.
I know a match going fan who says the crowd are getting restless with the football.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I know a match going fan who says the crowd are getting restless with the football.
No doubt. The team needs to win or come very close to winning the title.

fellaini's barber

I really hope the talk about him wanting Willian isn't true. We already have Sanchez who I'm certain we'll be trying to get rid of in 2 seasons time,probably along with Matic. Yet his fan boys will be telling you Pep is doing better because he has Sane instead. Well no shit he is...

Infra-red

It's been an appalling end to the season. 1 win, 1 draw and 2 defeats in our final 4 games, just a single goal scored.

Start next season playing like this and he won't make it to Christmas.

Adisa

No doubt. The team needs to win or come very close to winning the title.
I think he's fecked to be honest.
We aren't going to catch City, while Liverpool will improve and I'll expect Chelsea to transform under Sarri. I hope I'm wrong though.

AshRK

Players stopped playing for him and the club after city game. Even the city game was more to do with their pride and they didn't want to suffer humiliation. No one bothered against WBA and since then we have been putting some mediocre performances bar the spurs games.

Jose is not helping himself with all his whiny attitude. He brought all on himself after the Sevilla game. His pathetic comments of how Sevilla players would play for his United side and then his public begging for fellaini to sign contract all were unnecessary moves.

Jose's problem is Jose himself. He doesnt know how to stay quite when things are not in his favour. Anyways I cannot see him staying beyond next season as it's more about himself than Jose. Unless he changes that he cannot succeed.

dove

I think he's fecked to be honest.
We aren't going to catch City, while Liverpool will improve and I'll expect Chelsea to transform under Sarri. I hope I'm wrong though.
What makes you think that?

AshRK

I really hope the talk about him wanting Willian isn't true. We already have Sanchez who I'm certain we'll be trying to get rid of in 2 seasons time,probably along with Matic. Yet his fan boys will be telling you Pep is doing better because he has Sane instead. Well no shit he is...
Sanchez is a strange case and to be honest I still feel he will have a much better next season with no summer football. Willian, I am not a big fan, at least Matic was a regular for Chelsea and did well for us , willian will be a hit and miss.

Gbenger

If Liverpool wins the Champions league, I would say he’s in trouble.The criticisms would be unprecedented.

The worse thing is that I don’t even feel sorry for him. I can’t wait to see his back.

PepsiCola

No player is going to deliberately miss an FA Cup final ffs. If a player is injured, he’s injured.
When they have a World Cup coming up for which their team are one of the favourites?

I don't blame Lukaku for not risking himself for the final.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
When they have a World Cup coming up for which their team are one of the favourites?

I don't blame Lukaku for not risking himself for the final.
Neither do I. Mourinho needs to stop making problems out of nothing. Players dream about cup finals. He wasn’t 100% fit so he was right to not make himself available from the start.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’ve never heard of a manager falling out with so many players.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Looking at those that we're being linked with...

---------------De Gea---------------
Valencia--Bailly--Alderweireld--Sandro
----------------Matic----------------
-------Herrera----------Pogba-------
Willian---------Lukaku---------Sanchez

If Jose doesn't get us closer next season with that then it'll be time for us to think again imo. I haven't even included Fred, Savic or Sidibe who we've also been strongly linked with as I think those who I have are more important signings

leevang

I cannot believe we ended up in a situation where we have no idea what is going to happen next. Although I hate the football, the progress in position is evident. Sadly we are in position where, if we sack there is no real replacement currently available capable to take over. And is we do stick with, we have an arrogant, risk averse, dinosaur of manager who offers no hope going forward in my opinion. I say purely on the fact that I see the other teams progressing with for example Liverpool with their attacking football and confidence in their manager and the ability to attract younger skilful players who would want to play there. Spurs with a young manager with the same mindset and Chelsea who would possible be in the same position if they appoint right. Can I see us changing the way we way, I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donut

I wonder what a fresh new poll would say. It seems people are tired of his football and antics. I think it'd be around 60/40 in favor of him leaving.

Cloudface

Ah. Good point. Feck me. 49 goals. And people still defend his tenure!
It's a handy bit of perspective, I had to double check the figures because it seemed almost too bad. I think the fact we have ended our last two seasons looking completely uninterested skews our view of the whole. Jose also seemed to notice how a lot of players switched off around March, so I hope he has a solution in hand.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Some people have got terrible memories.

Do they forget how tumescent and boring the football was under LVG? David De Gea was our best player FFS. We spent millions on players that by the end of the season were nowhere near the first team. In Europe we got knocked out by a team on a fraction of our budget with an embarrassing performance. Some of our best players were hangovers from Ferguson’s era and our goals to game ratio was pathetic with other teams scoring way more than us. At least we got to an FA Cup final that year though.
You're basically the Farage-type I was talking about below, desperate for the celestial moment when an "I told you so" moment illuminates your life:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jos...ents-poll-added.431384/page-337#post-22561482

You were against Mourinho before he was even appointed, and more relevantly to your post earlier today were one of LVG's biggest defenders:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-feyenoord.421797/page-9#post-19802629
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/bbc-united-hold-talks-with-mourinho.414325/page-313#post-19161695
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/bbc-united-hold-talks-with-mourinho.414325/page-24#post-18746310

There's therefore three possible conclusions to your post earlier today:

a) your post is full of shit
b) you're a filthy hypocrite
c) you want Mourinho to stay

Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.