Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyoji-Utd

I'm beginning to lose faith in him. It feels like hes a bit divided, hes a defensive coach and wants to set the team up how he always has, but he knows the club/fans expect attacking football. The result is a team that's not really great at either.
This. It’s like he’s two minds and can’t get to either side. Think he’s also might starts to doubt his method and if he does even a bit, with successful minds like him, it’s just whirlwind of bad choices and eventually set him up for failure.

I think with us Utd, since the beginning, it’s always a bit of not match up for both club and him. Everyone in Utd expect certain ways to play and that might hinder him in a sense that he has to compromise/try to accommodate or achieve those without being himself 100%. Successful people like needs to be 100% themselves or they won’t be that successful.

Kag

No will to win? He's not parked the proverbial bus. They started much better but we were edging it before their goal. Sanchez should have put us in front. Responded well to going a goal down. This is a must win game for both teams and it shows.
Both teams are awful - although we're worse. Barely a bean of creativity between them.

Parking the bus is irrelevant. We're just largely awful at going forward and it shows in our regular inability to create chances against half decent opposition.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
No will to win? He's not parked the proverbial bus. They started much better but we were edging it before their goal. Sanchez should have put us in front. Responded well to going a goal down. This is a must win game for both teams and it shows.
It's shown? Our play for most of the first half was dire. Edging it for a slight period before conceding is hardly some ringing endorsement considering Chelsea haven't been brilliant themselves - dangerous sometimes, but most of their play has basically come from Hazard and Willian.

Odeon

This team has no drive, no passion, no energy and no desire. And it shows, just look at the body language of the players and Mou. We are playing at OT and no one shows up, not even the crowd.

Mou needs to sort this shite out.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Both teams are awful - although we're worse. Barely a bean of creativity between them.

Parking the bus is irrelevant. We're just largely awful at going forward and it shows in our regular inability to create chances against half decent opposition.
This is the first time Jose is going with a 433 where Martial is out on the left and Sanchez is mainly out on the right. I think we'll grow into the game more.

Kag

This is the first time Jose is going with a 433 where Martial is out on the left and Sanchez is mainly out on the right. I think we'll grow into the game more.
It looks like a diamond?

Worringly, it just looks like Mourinho is throwing shit at a wall and seeing if it sticks.

Hojoon

We're a team of individuals and the main reason we're doing better than a couple of seasons ago is because we have better individuals.

Fracture90

That's the fakin thing we want to see. Irrelevant of the result (good thing ee won tho) today's setup and lineup gave me hope that Mourinho can change and stop being stubborn.

Good job from him and the whole team today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Got everything spot on today. The front three and midfield 3 we all wanted. Play them more and they'll gel better. Lingard as the impact sub was also a good one.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not really sure today changes any opinions to be honest, great win though absolutely buzzing with that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's the fakin thing we want to see. Irrelevant of the result (good thing ee won tho) today's setup and lineup gave me hope that Mourinho can change and stop being stubborn.

Good job from him and the whole team today.
Yes. The team set up was was perfect. This was how we should have lined up all along. Long may it continue.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He's definitely on the wane unless he proves otherwise. Since leaving Madrid he's struggled to win big trophies and in that same time many new young managers have come along and outperformed him.

At least a few years ago one could say Mourinho is a top 2, top 3 manager in the world, right now no one can say that with a straight face. There are just many managers who've done and still doing better than him the past 3-4 years.

And Mourinho has some of the absolute worst record against other top teams away from home the past few years, and when I say worst, I'm talking diabolical. What makes you think he'd have had PSG not lose against Madrid away from home?
"On the wane," eh.

Give me a fecking break. how many team would have come back from 1-0 down to chelsea? Very fecking few.

Here is my advice, get behind the manager and team instead of fecking complaining.

Minimalist

Just seen the final result and lingard goal. Don’t know why Lukaku is our best winger but anyway that’s a massive win for Mourinho and he needed it.

Now to beat Liverpool.

Riverized157

Supports
Benfica
Maybe we have some peace for the next few days... at least this result should stop all the doom talk about dropping from top 4! This also means United has already won this season against Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea, plus the draw away to Liverpool... not bad for an "outdated" manager

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Major improvement in our second half performance, decision to bring on Lingard worked out perfectly.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He needs to fix that attack. It was coming together nicely before Sanchez came in with Martial scoring regularly and Pogba influencing games. Sanchez should be incorporated more.

L1nk

I thought he was getting it wrong in the first half, we allowed Chelsea far too much time on the ball and far too much space, we looked lost at times, even the commentator mentioned one of our midfielders was looking towards the bench on instructions on what the hell he was supposed to be doing, we were lucky a single piece of good play got us back into it at 1-1.

However, credit where it's due because in the second half we looked revitalised and he got it spot it I believe, looked a completely different team at times, much much better, and you have to say it's down to him, substitutes also worked in our favour, now can we please use this as a barometer to go out and win against Palace and Liverpool, and that point Top 4 is 100% sown up completely.

diplomat

The fact we came back from being 0-1 and won the game against Chelsea, who are our most dodgy team to play recently, it shows we are growing in our mentality as a team. Fair play to Jose, the second half especially was very good, until the last 10-15 minutes.

Utdstar01

Got to give him credit. Great subs and Martial needs to take a look at Lingard's movement to build and improve his own game.

Greck

Wish every game was Chelsea at home. The attack is still fuelled by individual brilliance but this was a tactical masterclass today

Status
Not open for further replies.