Jose | Water(bottle)gate and refs in zoos

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Was obvious that was his only crime. If he'd said anything, it'd have been a much more significant fine and ban, especially so close to his last offence.

I said at the time, a 1 match ban so close to his previous charge is the closest he'd get to an apology from the FA.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
If Jose walked into dugout with a paper bag on his head, they'd still charge him with misconduct.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
No doubt about Jose being more harsly judged by the FA than the others. Look at Pep's sarcastic clapping and antics, not a word, not to mention Klopp who goes ballistic when they loose a throw-in at the halfway line and goes full pelt snarling at the fourth ref with his yellow gnawers exposed like a rabid dog.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I remember when Chelsea fans were up in arms about punishments lashed out for Jose. They also used feeble moral equivalency in an attempt to suggest 'X' manager is just as bad because of 'Y'.

My advice is to not complain. This is the ride you get if Jose is your boss. There's no deliberate persecution of the man. The FA have no agenda; they simply observe behaviour that breeches their rules and punish accordingly.

Live with it. It often leads to strong outcomes.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I remember when Chelsea fans were up in arms about punishments lashed out for Jose. They also used feeble moral equivalency in an attempt to suggest 'X' manager is just as bad because of 'Y'.

My advice is to not complain. This is the ride you get if Jose is your boss. There's no deliberate persecution of the man. The FA have no agenda; they simply observe behaviour that breeches their rules and punish accordingly.

Out of curiosity, would you consider Wenger's comments on Clattenburg breaching the rules?

"Of course, it was no corner. You can see it was no corner," the Frenchman said.

"I am really disappointed in Mr Clattenburg. He is in a really good position to see it and it is not the first time we are really unlucky with his decisions.”

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Out of curiosity, would you consider Wenger's comments on Clattenburg breaching the rules?

"Of course, it was no corner. You can see it was no corner," the Frenchman said.

"I am really disappointed in Mr Clattenburg. He is in a really good position to see it and it is not the first time we are really unlucky with his decisions.”
Honestly, it's Chelsea fans all over again. "Look at Wenger, look at Klopp!" etc. Furthermore, it's part of the Jose dance. It's about cultivating a persecution complex. It's wilful. It's no accident that he keeps getting in bother - he's too considered and intelligent.

As for Wenger. It's borderline. In truth, nearly all managers talk like this. Crafted statements that keep you on the right side of the FA but sailing close to the wind. Jose has given many pressers with this sort of stuff and hasn't been fined.

Fact is, Mourinho isn't particularly gracious, is he? That's his thing. But getting defensive when the authorities take issue with his overtly confrontational style is to be blind to his intent; blind to his modus operandi.

top1whoisman

Scout
Honestly, it's Chelsea fans all over again. "Look at Wenger, look at Klopp!" etc. Furthermore, it's part of the Jose dance. It's about cultivating a persecution complex. It's wilful. It's no accident that he keeps getting in bother - he's too considered and intelligent.

As for Wenger. It's borderline. In truth, nearly all managers talk like this. Crafted statements that keep you on the right side of the FA but sailing close to the wind. Jose has given many pressers with this sort of stuff and hasn't been fined.

Fact is, Mourinho isn't particularly gracious, is he? That's his thing. But getting defensive when the authorities take issue with his overtly confrontational style is to be blind to his intent; blind to his modus operandi.
I'm not defending Jose's actions (well, getting a ban for kicking a bottle is ridiculous), it's just the lack of consistency in FAs decisions. Klopp shouting: "Are you f*cking kidding me?!?" at a fourth official. No action taken.

It's kind of the same with referees. As long as they have a fair, consistent way of interpreting the rules (at least inside a single match), I can understand they make mistakes.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yes I have. That's why I said that.

As for your experiences, well I find that hard to believe to be honest. Mate, a full water bottle right into your balls at force from distance would hurt, I'm not sure how that wouldn't cause pain.
Don't mess with TBP, he's got a hurlyshank.

Irrational.

The FA is such a cretinous, hypocritical organisation. There is clearly an agenda against Mourinho and today's revelation just proves it. They had nothing which is why they couldn't hit him with more than a 1 game touchline ban.

Klopp, Conte, Wenger and Pep are media darlings universally loved and seen as some kind of do-no-wrong geniuses revolutionising the world of football and hence are protected. Jose is clearly the bad boy that needs to made an example out of.

top1whoisman

Scout

That applies to the referees as well, surely? So you'd never say anything about a bad call since "they simply observe behavior that breaches the rules and punish accordingly". Doesn't matter how shit they are at it.

R300k

T A
I feel okay about these, there is actually nothing to worry. Remembering the time SAF got a record five-match touchline ban by FA for his comments about referee Martin Atkinson in 2011, he still kept in touch very well with the coaching team. SAF even trolled FA, setting up an obvious telephone line just for contacting from Old Trafford stand in one of those banned matches against Bolton.

It is just an ordinary way the managers do for driving criticisms towards themselves and releasing whole team from pressure when the results are not good. And the fact shows this way usually works very effectively, the team would fight back for what their manager must suffer. That season 10 - 11, no matter the record ban happened right at the most crucial time of the season (lasted from March to middle April), our team still got the run of good results without SAF on the touchline and became the champion in the end. This season when Mou served the bans, we managed to win both games versus Swansea and Westham, very dominant with 7 goals. No surprise the two most successful managers in PL history are also two managers with the most amount of match bans and fines. We should proud that we have both of them

Last edited:

Phil

Wouldn't want to run into Mourinho down a dark alley with a water bottle.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT

No? Are you sure? So just because Chelsea fans do it, it assumed automatically wrong, irrespective of the well established pattern so obvious there? Don't complain? Wow.. So basically if someone show u middle fingers selectively and exclusively to you on daily basis, you would be cool with it? Dude, I seen poor posts, but you simply went another level.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
How about starting a water bottle kicking challenge, like the ice bucket challenge? #waterbottlekickingchallenge @FA.

I think it will be hilarious. Someone should take the initiative..

Fridge chutney

Do your best.

Pathetic logic, and factually incorrect statement. You are bombastically telling this forum to live with inconsistency and accept uneven treatment. Why would or should we?

The FA were wrong in this instance. They banned the man for kicking a bloody water bottle. They then try and justify it by saying the act endangered those around him! Think about that for a second. Absurd.

Golden Nugget

I'm not defending Jose's actions (well, getting a ban for kicking a bottle is ridiculous), it's just the lack of consistency in FAs decisions. Klopp shouting: "Are you f*cking kidding me?!?" at a fourth official. No action taken.

It's kind of the same with referees. As long as they have a fair, consistent way of interpreting the rules (at least inside a single match), I can understand they make mistakes.
Agreed - the same rules should be set out towards all the managers - and quite honestly, being sent to the stands for kicking a water bottle is stupid - and that's not only because Jose did it - I felt it was stupid when Wenger got sent off for it as well. We're mentioning other managers and what they've been doing - the only one I wouldn't want to see getting any action is Pep - cos getting banned for sarcastic clapping is stupid too. I strongly believe that if it was Jose that swore at the 4th officials face, or question Clattenbergs decision, he would get sent off/fined.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

The bolded is the only issue I have have with Wenger's comments about Clattenburg.

SoCross

According to the commission's findings, referee Jonathan Moss was informed by fourth official Anthony Taylor that Mourinho had "aggressively kicked a water bottle ... so recklessly and with little consideration of the consequences."
:wenger:

Just imagine the consequences!

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

This is a B.S. argument in all honesty.

He kicked a water bottle.It doesn't matter whether it was Mourinho,Klopp or even Ferguson,that is simply an outrageous decision.

Anyone not blinded by hate would see that.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not sure why FA's notion is being ridiculed
Look at what a bottle can do, horrifying

GBBQ

Such a bullshit explanation. Can they not just say it was a lack of respect, sets a bad example and goes against the spirit of the game.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
This is a B.S. argument in all honesty.

He kicked a water bottle.It doesn't matter whether it was Mourinho,Klopp or even Ferguson,that is simply an outrageous decision.

Anyone not blinded by hate would see that.
Anyone not blinded by loyalty would see a man intent on constantly positioning himself as some sort of persecuted victim being got at.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Pathetic logic, and factually incorrect statement. You are bombastically telling this forum to live with inconsistency and accept uneven treatment. Why would or should we?

The FA were wrong in this instance. They banned the man for kicking a bloody water bottle. They then try and justify it by saying the act endangered those around him! Think about that for a second. Absurd.
I'm "telling a forum" that Jose deliberately indulges in a type of behaviour that often warrants sanction. At best it cultivates a seige mentality, at worst it's old hat and a tad boring. He's not picked on, that's just a fan's blinkered perspective.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Not sure why FA's notion is being ridiculed
Look at what a bottle can do, horrifying
Difference is he kicked it at the floor, the crowd member is throwing it from a great height which generates more velocity and has a greater chance of harming someone.

Red_toad

Anyone not blinded by loyalty would see a man intent on constantly positioning himself as some sort of persecuted victim being got at.
As long as every other manager who kicks an item whilst stood pitch side is taken down the exact same path, then all is well for me.
But we all know that won't be the case.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
As long as every other manager who kicks an item whilst stood pitch side is taken down the exact same path, then all is well for me.
But we all know that won't be the case.
Yeah, because we all know that Mourinho is persecuted. All those fines and bans down to a relentlessly unfair FA.

Red_toad

Yeah, because we all know that Mourinho is persecuted. All those fines and bans down to a relentlessly unfair FA.
As for previous stuff Jose has done, at times he's been out of order and rightly fined or banned. But I've seen many managers booting stuff along the touch line and nothing at all has came from that.
Can you sensibly explain how they can differ in their approach?

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
As for previous stuff Jose has done, at times he's been out of order and rightly fined or banned. But I've seen many managers booting stuff along the touch line and nothing at all has came from that.
Can you sensibly explain how they can differ in their approach?
Can you cite an example of another manager who has kicked stuff?