Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Has he scored or assisted a goal this season that wasn't very important?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tbf pretty much every goal/assist is important when you're as crap as we are in attack.

TypeR

was fuming when he was taken off, as Palace were obviously playing for Penalties after we scored, and I felt his dead ball skills were vital in the situation.

But who knew.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Thank you for the cup final goal, the Liverpool double and generally being a great human being. All the best for the future Juan.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I see him staying, one difference I have noted between his time at Chelsea and his time here has been the amount of running he gets through, he does nothing at a great pace but the effort is certainly more there than it ever seemed to be at Chelsea.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought it was an excellent finish on the volley. Lot of pressure there, but the execution was brilliant

Hed Zitin

I hate seeing him play out wide, but he's scored some really vital goals here and he's a gentleman I'm proud to represent the club.

PepsiCola

He's not wrong, it was a pointless goal.
I can't help but continue to be perplexed by this.

No matter how much you hate the guy, calling a late equalising goal in a FA cup final we went on to win pointless? I mean really?

Just as a Man United fan, did the goal not illicit a slither of happiness out of you?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Big goal! Going by the stats I don't think the situation is the same as the one he had at Chelsea since I think he's right now better then anyone we do have. So unless we sell half the squad, I think he'll be here next season.

Manny

Grammar Police
Brilliantly taken goal today.

The timing of the goal, straight after they scored was critical too.

3KDré

He is the best in the box finisher in the entire club. If there is a ball in the box I would trust him to put it in the back of the net more than anyone in our team.

Sylar

Prefer him centrally cos he can act like a second striker. Feel he should only be used on the right when we have Herrera and Valencia in the team as well.

DenisIrwin

Big goal! Going by the stats I don't think the situation is the same as the one he had at Chelsea since I think he's right now better then anyone we do have. So unless we sell half the squad, I think he'll be here next season.
Not with Jose :(

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I feel he would stay even with Jose as our manager. At chelsea, Jose had options, he had a CAM who was too defensive and hence Jose preferred him. He isn't having those options here

itso 7

He has been fine this season, could certainly be improved on but I don't think we have seen his best at all so in the right circumstances he could be lethal. Given the scale of what we need I think we have more important areas to look at before we get to replacing him.

dichinero

Been important for us in the last couple of games but that hardly gets a mention around this parts.

Hugs Juan

Treble

Huge goal that. Hopefully it will help him to find a place in Spain's squad, if it is not too late, that is.

Acole9

Outstanding
I hope yesterday wasn't his last game for the club what with Mourinho's almost certain arrival at the club. I don't think we've even seen the best of him yet because he's not played regularly enough in his best position.

Bojan11

MEN said one player was hopefull that we would make Luis Enrique as our next manager and it would not be Mourinho. Easy guess who that would be.

peridigm

I feel he would stay even with Jose as our manager. At chelsea, Jose had options, he had a CAM who was too defensive and hence Jose preferred him. He isn't having those options here
Jose has all summer to buy one. I love Juan but he is not good enough to build a team around. Would love him to stay as a squad player but he deserves to play. He may do better back in Spain.

FromTheBench

He's in trouble under Mourinho.

Might keep him for a season i suppose but don't see him in the starting plans beyond that.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
With bigger holes elsewhere to fill I don't think its prudent to shell cash on a #10 that's a clear upgrade over Mata. I'd say keep him on and let him play a season in his preferred position and spend money on central midfield, center back, striker and right winger. We have Mata, Rooney, Herrera and even Pereira capable of playing the #10 role to good effect.

11 goals and 11 assists isn't half bad for a season's return with him playing on the wing most times.

FromTheBench

With bigger holes elsewhere to fill I don't think its prudent to shell cash on a #10 that's a clear upgrade over Mata. I'd say keep him on and let him play a season in his preferred position and spend money on central midfield, center back, striker and right winger. We have Mata, Rooney, Herrera and even Pereira capable of playing the #10 role to good effect.

11 goals and 11 assists isn't half bad for a season's return with him playing on the wing most times.
Mourinho doesn't like his overall contribution as a #10 though. I think he'd even prefer Rooney there.

Actually when Mourinho arrived at Chelsea the 2nd time he preferred Oscar over him despite Mata being even more brilliant the previous season under Benitez where he was among the player of the year favorites alongside Bale.

Then he'd have to be played on the right but even there Mourinho would prefer a sort of a Upgrade on a Lingard type of player than Mata especially with Martial or Depay on the other side anyway.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Mourinho doesn't like his overall contribution as a #10 though. I think he'd even prefer Rooney there.

Actually when Mourinho arrived at Chelsea the 2nd time he preferred Oscar over him despite Mata being even more brilliant the previous season under Benitez where he was among the player of the year favorites alongside Bale.

Then he'd have to be played on the right but even there Mourinho would prefer a sort of a Upgrade on a Lingard type of player than Mata especially with Martial or Depay on the other side anyway.
I think he overestimated Oscar and got burned as a result, ending up using Hazard or even Fabregas as a #10 for a bunch of important games so I hope he has learnt his lesson and recognizes Mata's skill in close spaces, which is rather important for that position. Mata gives you goals, consistently no matter where you play him across the front line.

Status
Not open for further replies.