Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

untitled_6899

Klopp always comes out with the same "they were defensive, we play good football" line whenever his team drop points, like he invented the game itself and should judge how teams should play

This is a man who put Steven Caulker up front so he should shut his mouth when it comes to tactics

prath92

Premium level keeper like Neuer or De Gea did not have super convincing starts at their clubs either.
De gea had problems in dominating his box. His shot stopping was exceptional back then. He had some brilliant saves most notably the point blank save off Ramires I think vs Chelsea in his second month (game where Torres had his infamous open goal miss). I remember thinking he could be top class if he didn't think an aerial ball was a grenade

Yagami

Good post resistant
De gea had problems in dominating his box. His shot stopping was exceptional back then. He had some brilliant saves most notably the point blank save off Ramires I think vs Chelsea in his second month (game where Torres had his infamous open goal miss). I remember thinking he could be top class if he didn't think an aerial ball was a grenade
He got a lot of criticism from the press and oppo fans, but I think most United fans could see the potential there with David and was nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Klopp always comes out with the same "they were defensive, we play good football" line whenever his team drop points, like he invented the game itself and should judge how teams should play

This is a man who put Steven Caulker up front so he should shut his mouth when it comes to tactics
This has just become something of a trend amongst the apparent top level managers. Wenger has been doing it for years, Guardiola does it all the time, and Klopp does it. Obviously we all have ideas about how football should be played, but there are certain managers who think anything other than that way is almost punishable.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I don't want to sound big headed but I did say an injury to Coutinho would see Liverpool drop points.

I did say Lucas coming in for Matip would cost you points.

I did say you can't rely in Sturridge and Ings as reliable squad strikers with their injury records( think they had some young boy on the bench today)

I did say the winter weather and schedule would affect the likes of Firmino's form.

I did say that Karius makes Mignolet look commanding, other teams are setting out ti bully him.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Klopp's problem is his style is too demanding, both physically and mentally: fully trained, young and perfectly drilled players are not robots... not yet. Add to this a problem of quality here and there in the squad and you have a top 4 side but probably not a full contender.

Reactions: Penna

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He got a lot of criticism from the press and oppo fans, but I think most United fans could see the potential there with David and was nowhere near as bad as people make out.
The situation surrounding De Gea's start was emphasised by journos making constant comparisons to how long it took to properly replace Schmeichel. We went through Bosnich, Taibi, Barthez, Howard and Carroll before getting Van der Sar, and once he retired had a bit of a failed experiment with Foster. As soon as De Gea made a mistake, they pounced on it as another failure, and we were being linked with a host of other keepers before we'd even made it through September. When Fergie took him out of the team for a bit and had Lindegaard stand it, there was further criticism, and stories about how Fergie had no faith in him, when it reality he was protecting him and giving him the time and space to adapt to the physicality of the league, without the pressure of 'poor' performances being slated in the media, just as Jose's just done with Mkhi.

Karius, despite what some of the resident scousers on here might say, has a poor defense in front of him, has been given little protection from his manager, and has in fact been allowed to go out and make a tit of himself by responding to very justified criticisms, and is now constantly causing Liverpool to drop points, and for all the De Gea comparisons, doesn't really have the excuse about being young and inexperienced, as he's 4 years older than De Gea was when he joined us.

Deleted member 101472

Other than coutinho I don't rate a single Liverpool player. Not surprised to see a few poor results back to back

Classical Mechanic

This has just become something of a trend amongst the apparent top level managers. Wenger has been doing it for years, Guardiola does it all the time, and Klopp does it. Obviously we all have ideas about how football should be played, but there are certain managers who think anything other than that way is almost punishable.
To be fair Mourinho has in the past slated teams for using tactics he used a lot of the time of the result went against him. There must be something about thinking you should be in charge of a team of world class athletes that goes in tandem with being a bit of a bellend. I suppose it is the planet sized ego it requires.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
To be fair Mourinho has in the past slated teams for using tactics he used a lot of the time of the result went against him. There must be something about thinking you should be in charge of a team of world class athletes that goes in tandem with being a bit of a bellend. I suppose it is the planet sized ego it requires.

This was probably the most crass example of it, Jose pretty much described exactly how we played at Anfield this season. Unbelievably Mourinho came off the worst of it against Fat Sam in the press aswell as getting out tacticed on the pitch.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Bailly should do this as well.
There are big conflicts inside the Cameroon national team between players born in Europe (Matip and Choupo-Moting for instance) and those were born in Cameroon. It has all gotten political so I can understand Matip not wanting to play.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Mourinho's just a shithousery master. He changes his tactics depending on who he's playing, but Wenger, Guardiola and Klopp are pretty much renowned for playing the same way regardless of opposition, and having a good old whinge when someone finds an answer for them.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah exactly. My only issue is that AFCON happens every 2 years instead of 4 like most continental trophies.
The worst was when it was held back to back 2012/2013 so future tournaments didn't clash with the WC year, it felt like it was annual thing back then ridiculous.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I don't want to sound big headed but I did say an injury to Coutinho would see Liverpool drop points.

I did say you can't rely in Sturridge and Ings as reliable squad strikers with their injury records( think they had some young boy on the bench today)

I did say the winter weather and schedule would affect the likes of Firmino's form.

I did say that Karius makes Mignolet look commanding, other teams are setting out ti bully him.
Please tell us something like this when we win. Mr know it all you! :lol:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Bailly should do this as well.
None of this players are forced to play for their NT

They simply want to and actually relish playing for their countries. Isnt it amazing that as good and important this African players have become to their clubs, hardly any seem to want to miss this tournament? it's important to them.

Bailly won't do that. We knew that when we signed him.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Mourinho's just a shithousery master. He changes his tactics depending on who he's playing, but Wenger, Guardiola and Klopp are pretty much renowned for playing the same way regardless of opposition, and having a good old whinge when someone finds an answer for them.
Wasn't it only last weekend that Mourinho was stating that Everton were no longer a footballing team, resorting to long balls etc? He's worse than anyone for moaning when dropping points. Klopp said that Bournemouth were the better team last week when they beat us. I've found him to be mostly pretty honest in his assessment of our performances.

I still don't think we're awful at the back when Matip is playing. Today is the first time I can remember him making a serious mistake in a game.

These are the games without Matip:
Arsenal (4-3 win), Burnley (2-0 defeat), Bournemouth (4-3 defeat).

These are the games with Matip:
Spurs (1-1 draw), Leicester (4-1 win), Chelsea (2-1 win), Hull (5-1 win), Swansea (2-1 win), United (0-0 draw), West Brom (2-1 win), Palace (4-2 win), Watford (6-1 win), Southampton (0-0 draw), Sunderland (2-0 win) and West Ham today (2-2 draw).

Out of all the games in the list with Matip, I can remember some dodgy moments against Swansea and a brief spell against Palace where it felt like we were struggling defensively. The rest of them have been fairly comfortable. There are lapses in concentration that lead to daft goals being conceded. These need to be dealt with so that we get a few more clean sheets but for me a dodgy defence is one that regularly costs you points (like what City's defence is currently doing). I don't think ours is doing that when Matip is there. It is costing us when he's not there (3 points from 9 without Matip).

We definitely have a problem offensively though. I know we scored two goals today but we don't look anywhere near as fluid without Coutinho. I think the problem is Origi and Firmino. Origi is playing because he's scoring goals but it's forced Firmino out to the wide left position. He's not been able to apply his pressing game out there or have as much of an impact in the opposition box. I wouldn't mind seeing Klopp switch us to a more narrow diamond with Mane up top alongside Origi. Firmino could play behind them and would probably look more comfortable there. I'm not a massive fan of Wijnaldum either. I'd like to see Can come in for him on Wednesday. He's added goals to his game and Wijnaldum isn't offering enough at the moment.

I still think we're in a good place in the league. We're higher than I thought we would be at this stage, and still look like a good shout for top four. These last two games have left a bit of doubt in my mind but I still expect us to be in that top four come the end of the season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is Klopp good in the market? Because his Liverpool signings haven't been great
Matip and Mane have been excellent signings so far. Karius and Wijnaldum not so great, so I'd say it's 50/50.

SirScholes

Got over that loss very quickly.

It derailed the Liverpool hype train, stops the "Klopp rejuvenates Anfield" "Klopp will win Liverpool the PL" "Klopps rapid Liverpool transformation"

Kill the media hype, let them talk about Chelsea and Arsenal. Let them think we can't win the league. Let them talk about how incredible Chelsea are, you know those cheesy videos sky make before a game? I want them to make loads for Chelsea. I want Conte to go on MNF and talk about his brilliant transformation. Hype em up.

While thats going on we can look at ourselves in peace and quiet and slowly work on our own game. We have 5/6 games now where nobody will care what happens. If we win, nobody will bat an eye because we lost to Bouremouth and our defence and goalkeeper isnt good enough. If we lose, then its expected because we lost to Bournemouth/ship too many goals/dont have depth.

There'll be loads of analysis on sky about how you cant win the league with a bad defence yada yada yada.

The pressure is completely off us, and on Chelsea now. Lets go away, reflect, and come back stronger. Starting with West Ham. This is our Burnley loss MK2. Onwards and Upwards.
well thats went out the window

prath92

Exactly the point. De gea was unrefined. You could see his talent but he had deficiencies that could be rectified. Plus he was 20

Karius is 24. Same age as courtois.

EyeInTheSky

This was probably the most crass example of it, Jose pretty much described exactly how we played at Anfield this season. Unbelievably Mourinho came off the worst of it against Fat Sam in the press aswell as getting out tacticed on the pitch.
I've seen it all now, Supposed United fan going out of their way to hate on our Manager on a Liverpool related thread on a United forum.

Your obsession with LVG is sickening. It must really grate on you when we win which makes it all the sweeter.

To wrap it up, Get fecked.

Bojan11

Any chance of next weeks lottery numbers?

That's if you are not busy telling us more things.

Fridge chutney

Your hypothesis is that an injury to a team's best player might cost them points? And this happened??? I personally could have never made such an outlandish prediction! :lol:

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I've seen it all now, Supposed United fan going out of their way to hate on our Manager on a Liverpool related thread on a United forum.

Your obsession with LVG is sickening. It must really grate on you when we win which makes it all the sweeter.

To wrap it up, Get fecked.
He wasn't our manager when he said that nonsense, should everything he did before this season be off limits to talk about on a football forum now? He's a massive hypocrit, like most managers, which was the point the poster I quoted was making.

Where did I mention LVG? In fact I'd be impressed if you could even find a single post of mine even mentioning him this season. Obsession he says:smirk:.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Why does Mourinho have to be a nice guy when he's doing his managerial job?

Fergie certainly wasn't.

It's like those people who don't like Andy Murray because he's a little bit dour when interviewed.

Yes let's have nice losers like Moyes and Henman.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Other than coutinho I don't rate a single Liverpool player. Not surprised to see a few poor results back to back
Coutinho, Mane, Clyne, Matip, Firmino and Sturridge would get into almost all the PL playing squads IMO. They're all good players (Mane and Coutinho especially).

SalfordRed1960

The thing is you can say that all the top 6 sides have probably 2, maybe 3 star players. However, at the moment I think the 5 above us have gelled slightly better than us when the stars are playing. When the stars are missing or not in form all of the top 6 are pretty even and average.