Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Not sure they would get into the first team of the other teams in the top 6. All good on their day, but not really a step up on what those top teams have.
Yeah that's what I mean, not necessarily the XI but the matchday squads.

RooneyLegend

Its going to be a long tough road without Coutinho. Reckon him being injured means their title challenge is all but done. They are so mediocre at the back that they need to be outstanding in attack in order to win games, that isn't happening without him around.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona

Was this just a fluke game and is he actually a crap keeper, or is he just lacking confidence and is actually a good keeper? :confused:

Rossa

they are nothing alike.
They kind of are. Both are/were good physically, but not as fast or strong as they think and thus often lose foot races because of poor positioning. Both take/took on shots from all over the pitch, and both tried to do things too complicated with shit looking step-overs when a simple pass or a quickly released cross would have been much better. To sum it up, both are/were decent, but they think/thought they are/were much better than they are/were.

Vanrouge

They kind of are. Both are/were good physically, but not as fast or strong as they think and thus often lose foot races because of poor positioning. Both take/took on shots from all over the pitch, and both tried to do things too complicated with shit looking step-overs when a simple pass or a quickly released cross would have been much better. To sum it up, both are/were decent, but they think/thought they are/were much better than they are/were.
This is a really good post.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
They really are not. If you think Clyne is a stepover boy who takes shots all over, you cant have seen him much.

Clyne is an unspectacular steady eddy who is decent but not great in possession and generally reliable in defence.

Johnson was a race horse of fullback going forwards who was at best adequate defensively. Then he regressed into a fullback who was still better than your average fullback going forwards, but not quite enough to overlook his defensive contribution as easily. Then he became some sort of zombie fullback both in attack and defence.

Clyne is more like a less technically gifted Finnan.

Rossa

They really are not. If you think Clyne is a stepover boy who takes shots all over, you cant have seen him much.

Clyne is an unspectacular steady eddy who is decent but not great in possession and generally reliable in defence.

Johnson was a race horse of fullback going forwards who was at best adequate defensively. Then he regressed into a fullback who was still better than your average fullback going forwards, but not quite enough to overlook his defensive contribution as easily. Then he became some sort of zombie fullback both in attack and defence.

Bolded part - not overhyping him, I'll give you that!

Every time I've watched Clyne he tries something fancy or goes running into blind allies because he thinks he is better than he is in attack, much like Johnson. I think you are pretty much spot on with Johnson though, and Clyne is pretty much the middle for me, albeit with slightly better defensive skills. I think he could be good, better than average, if he just realized that is his level instead of trying to do things he just cannot do; he is no Valencia in terms of pace and strength, and he is no Evra in terms of dribbling and inter play, but he somehow thinks he is both (Evra was plenty fast though).

Obviously, you've watched him a lot more than I have, but whenever I've seen him play that is what I've seen.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Wasn't it only last weekend that Mourinho was stating that Everton were no longer a footballing team, resorting to long balls etc? He's worse than anyone for moaning when dropping points. Klopp said that Bournemouth were the better team last week when they beat us. I've found him to be mostly pretty honest in his assessment of our performances.
It's not about moaning when dropping points, it's about thinking the football they play is the best and only way to play football, then moaning when someone answers it with a defensive or more direct style.

Mourinho's a good moaner when things aren't going his way, but as I said, he's just a master at shithousery. He'll moan about a team playing long ball against him when he loses, then play that way himself two weeks later to get the points.

Guardiola, Wenger and Klopp will always play their style regardless of opposition, and then accuse anyone who stifles them of being anti-football. Guardiola and Wenger are worse than Klopp for it, but he's still prone to it on op occasion.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle

I think Clyne is a fine full back. Unspectacular but solid and reliable as you say.

Klopp's got the team performing better than the sum of their parts, though, I think. Without Coutinho's magic, you're finding it much tougher, which is to be expected.

Still think you've got a decent chance of making the top 4 but you probably won't win it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just realised we've taken 5 points from 12. We're in a bit of a bad run and need to recover on Wednesday.

Celestiale

Well to be more accurate, De Gea was 21 and Karius is 23.
Karius is nowhere near De Gea, will never be. Mentioning those 2 in one sentence is ridiculous.
Typical overhyped German keeper. Because we (i am German) had some popular world class keepers like Kahn and Neuer, many think German goalkeepers overall are genius. Well, that's a misconception. Ter Stegen was hilarious at Barca from day one, thank god for him that they've always had shit goalkeepers and don't care too much (given the few shots a goalkeeper has to catch there). Trapp went out to PSG, and apparently seriously thought he will be a starter for them in his whole career. Same for Zieler, who obviously thought he will be starter for Leicester. Karius is just the next one to overestimate himself. No better then Mignolet, in a year max they have a new first goalkeeper. He is only playing because Klopp likes him.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
All the talk about Liverpool being a contender for the title stops now. It is clear, that this squad has a few holes that needs to be adressed. The keeper situation is worrying, and Klopp needs to tale care of it. A quality CB is a must in january. We struggle a bit going forward without Coutinho, which was to be expected, but really it is the defence that is letting us down. I am not looking forward to Mané going in january though..

If I were offered 4th right now, I would take it in a heartbeat. Not confident at all, that we wont drop out of it despite our very good start to the season.

Luckily Spurs and City don't look better than us right now, and we still have a few points lead to Man United. Who will get their act together?

Djemba-Djemba

The "look at Dea Gea" excuse for every crap new keeper is the new " Look at Sir Alex Ferguson, managers need time" excuse for every crap manager.

kr0nix

As a dental student, can someone explain? I'm so out of the loop.
Karius = Caries, or tooth decay. Karius has made some costly mistakes for Liverpool in recent weeks, hence the title.
On a side note, where do you study, if you don't mind me asking?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A dentist student doesn't know what caries is? The state of students these days ffs.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Clyne and Matip are good defenders. Milner is okay but obviously big upgrade is needed. Everyone else bar Sakho looks a bit shit to me, but obviously Sakho isn't playing any time soon.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
All the talk about Liverpool being a contender for the title stops now. It is clear, that this squad has a few holes that needs to be adressed. The keeper situation is worrying, and Klopp needs to tale care of it. A quality CB is a must in january. We struggle a bit going forward without Coutinho, which was to be expected, but really it is the defence that is letting us down. I am not looking forward to Mané going in january though..

If I were offered 4th right now, I would take it in a heartbeat. Not confident at all, that we wont drop out of it despite our very good start to the season.

Luckily Spurs and City don't look better than us right now, and we still have a few points lead to Man United. Who will get their act together?
It's the media plugging this title contender stuff more than anyone. Tyler mentioned it several times during yesterday's match. We're aiming for top four and that's the limit of my expectations.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's the media plugging this title contender stuff more than anyone. Tyler mentioned it several times during yesterday's match. We're aiming for top four and that's the limit of my expectations.
I don't know what set of fans having had a net sum of zero spend in the summer expect a league title shot. It's baffling.

With our tricky early season fixtures I was just hoping to be within 3-6 points behind top four at this stage. We have a good run from Feb to Apr with Mane and Coutinho back. Need to be in or near top four by then to make use of it.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Karius = Caries, or tooth decay. Karius has made some costly mistakes for Liverpool in recent weeks, hence the title.
On a side note, where do you study, if you don't mind me asking?
Ah thank you, that completely flew over my head.

Australia.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I watched them yesterday and i noticed they were slower in the final third. As if all the running took its toll.
I don't think it's that. Our shape with Origi up top and Firmino out wide has had a negative impact on our offensive play. We're scoring goals but it doesn't look anywhere near as fluid.

The couple of injuries to first team players shows how weak our squad is.