Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
No it isn't. Saying someone has been poor is normal, attacking someone saying they are not good enough in such a definitive manner .. this early into someones first season especially at the age the guy is at and in the goalkeeper position. Seems unfair and if I was a manager, I'd be pretty pissed off. Someone like Jose would lose his shit for sure.
So we ring fence certain players?

Untied

No it isn't. Saying someone has been poor is normal, attacking someone saying they are not good enough in such a definitive manner .. this early into someones first season especially at the age the guy is at and in the goalkeeper position. Seems unfair and if I was a manager, I'd be pretty pissed off. Someone like Jose would lose his shit for sure.
Yeah. No one did that when De Gea arrived.

vidic blood & sand

I really liked klopp at Dortmund, and was jealous liverpool got him. Liked him at liverpool for a while, but now he's coming across as a bellend.
It was Alan Hansen who began the punditry trend of ruthlessly criticizing players (particularly defenders) on MOTD back in the early 90s.

ZupZup

Well in Gary lad!

Please do a full MNF segment in the next show on why Karius continues to be an utter liability in net and I'll get the popcorn in...

Josep Dowling

Find it hilarious that Klopp has come out with 'he's a failed manager' arguement.

For a start aren't Valencia in the relegation zone this season? The club has been in a downward spiral for while. That was already happening before Neville turned up.

Secondly he is a pundit, it's his job. He has been very critical of Martial in recent weeks.

Gary could quite easily say 'look at my trophy cabinet as a player'. Klopp has nothing to show for his playing career whereas Gary is one of the most decorated defenders of his generation.

Seems petty to comment at all about it, especially when the criticism is completely valid.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Well no because we know better, but the media and the scouser fans like to portray him as a happy go lucky.. master of attacking football. They're building him up for a big fall and he's fallen into the trap with these unnecessary comments. Showing this side to him is fine, but it is not his general character.. he's at his best when he's relaxed and the free flowing football is on fire, he's less effective when stressed as we saw at Dortmund. Jose is usually at his best with his back to the wall and when the siege mentality is in play.
Usually.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Find it hilarious that Klopp has come out with 'he's a failed manager' arguement.

For a start aren't Valencia in the relegation zone this season? The club has been in a downward spiral for while. That was already happening before Neville turned up.

Secondly he is a pundit, it's his job. He has been very critical of Martial in recent weeks.

Gary could quite easily say 'look at my trophy cabinet as a player'. Klopp has nothing to show for his playing career whereas Gary is one of the most decorated defenders of his generation.

Seems petty to comment at all about it, especially when the criticism is completely valid.
Did Klopp mention his own playing career?

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Especially when Klopp has hardly proved himself either..
:lol:
:eek:
:lol:

What Klopp fails to understand is that you don't have to be a world-class manager to see that Karius isn't good enough (at least now) - even my wife would see that and she doesn't even watch football.
True, but what Klopp pointed out is that it's dumb to rate players in such a way.

I'm not comparing him to two proven world class managers, I'm making a point that calling out Neville for being a pundit just because he had a bad managerial experience is daft. He is a United legend, just as Carragher is a Liverpool legend. You don't see Klopp calling him out.
Klopp is talking about Neville as if he's never been involved in football.
In Carragher's favour you have to say that at least he's never failed as badly as Neville did with Valencia and England. Gary Neville is like the naked king, someone had to call him out.

Josep Dowling

In Carragher's favour you have to say that at least he's never failed as badly as Neville did with Valencia and England. Gary Neville is like the naked king, someone had to call him out.
That is just a stupid argument when Carragher has never taken the chance to go into management. So because he has never taken an opportunity to manage he is therefore immune from criticism?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yeah. No one did that when De Gea arrived.
That wasn't right either. It was ridiculous and even more stupid when looked at in hindsight. If anyone deserves to be absolutely torn apart it is an experienced keeper like Bravo who has been utterly shite.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
That is just a stupid argument when Carragher has never taken the chance to go into management. So because he has never taken an opportunity to manage he is therefore immune from criticism?
Yeah it's a terrible argument, arguably makes him even less qualified since he has no idea of a career within football post-playing.

untitled_6899

Did Klopp mention his own playing career?
He didn't but Klopp mentioned Gary's managerial ability as he perceived his record to be far superior and used that to embarrass him (you don't bring up a topic if you're worse at it than the person you're trying to humiliate)

Klopp is an idiot and shouldn't have brought any of this up as its put even more focus on Karius, but he knew he'd have the scousers eating out his hands by picking on the Nevilles - he's an attention whore

tomaldinho1

Not sure he's rattled but think it's definitely a mistake addressing any pundit's criticism directly. Gives more power to the pundit.

Karius has looked very average so I don't blame the Neville's for sticking their oars in. Klopp also ignores the fact Carra said the same because he is ex-L'Pool. Should have dismissed the question given how often players get criticised but has given the media exactly what they need. 'Klopp backs flop' headlines to come!

Josep Dowling

Just love it really, the media pressure is now focused towards Liverpool. Just hope United can get into a winning run to make it worse. Well done the Neville brothers!

Particularly funny when I think how much the likes of Souness have slaughtered United for 3 years and nothing gets said even though he is a biased Liverpool loving pundit.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Haven't people on here said similar things to Klopp about Neville when he's criticised Mourinho and United?

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Wait for the inevitable claims that this will bring Klopp and his squad closer together, he's creating a siege mentality in the dressing room, and it's something Fergie would have done:rolleyes:

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
He didn't but Klopp mentioned Gary's managerial ability as he perceived his record to be far superior and used that to embarrass him (you don't bring up a topic if you're worse at it than the person you're trying to humiliate)

Klopp is an idiot and shouldn't have brought any of this up as its put even more focus on Karius, but he knew he'd have the scousers eating out his hands by picking on the Nevilles - he's an attention whore
He didn't bring it up

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Wait for the inevitable claims that this will bring Klopp and his squad closer together, he's creating a siege mentality in the dressing room, and it's something Fergie would have done:rolleyes:
That's ok, Jose has copyrighted that one.

arthurka

I don't get this Karius has more holes in his game than the house he occupies with his brother Bactus.. The point is that Liverpool's defence and keepers are not nearly good enough to challenge for titles and Klopp knows that, the problem here lies with these are his signings,. Klavan, Karius and Matip.. Now watch the media tear them apart.

Good times..

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just love it really, the media pressure is now focused towards Liverpool. Just hope United can get into a winning run to make it worse. Well done the Neville brothers!

Particularly funny when I think how much the likes of Souness have slaughtered United for 3 years and nothing gets said even though he is a biased Liverpool loving pundit.
Think Souness is one of the best pundits around and is very fair.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I don't get this Karius has more holes in his game than the house he occupies with his brother Bactus.. The point is that Liverpool's defence and keepers are not nearly good enough to challenge for titles and Klopp knows that, the problem here lies with these are his signings,. Klavan, Karius and Matip.. Now watch the media tear them apart.

Good times..
Hmmm. Klavan barely played. Matip has been outstanding - look at his record when in compared to out the team. But do go on.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

No. Jose has mentioned such perceived bias in his Chelsea days

SER19

Rarely will you see somebody contradict themselves so many times in 60 seconds. What a bellend he is. Anybody classing that as anything more than waffle needs their head examined. It's basically a rant in a calm voice.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Rarely will you see somebody contradict themselves so many times in 60 seconds. What a bellend he is. Anybody classing that as anything more than waffle needs their head examined. It's basically a rant in a calm voice.
Fair enough, but football fandom creates an echo chamber around it until it eats itself. It is something of nothing but is turned into a thing...until the next non-footballing football thing that happens.

VanGaalEra

Good times..
To be fair, at the moment all the holes are in his gloves.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Klopps dig at Nevilles managerial (brief) record was childish and idiotic at best
No, from Klopp's perspective at best it impressed his fan base and mildly irritated United fans.

At worst it's destroyed his side's chances of a top half finish leading him to resign and retire from the game.

Jaybomb

What has Neville's managerial career got to do with it? Klopp made it personal in my opinion.

By his logic, Carragher shouldn't be talking either cause he has no experience in management? Or does he not wanna go there incase it upsets his scouse fanbase? :rolleyes: Someone needs to point out that Carra also criticised his crap goalkeeper.

The guy is a tosser. Liked him at Dortmund but can't stand him now. Comes across as an attention seeking media darling. Lost his last five finals and everyone goes on about him like he's the best thing.