Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Reminded me of when Terry was getting slated in the press for poor performances and said "I'll take it from Neville, Rio or Carrragher but it's a bit much from Robbie Savage".

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Reminded me of when Terry was getting slated in the press for poor performances and said "I'll take it from Neville, Rio or Carrragher but it's a bit much from Robbie Savage".
Thought that was pretty funny if you take it as not being completely serious.

Oh yes. Said Karius should shut up and get on with his job or something..but why? Karius can reply if he feels he's being criticised too heavily.
He should do what De Gea did and get on with his job. I don't think anyone is above criticism but I also think some criticism is not worth it. The likes of Neville and Carragher's comments should not be a feature of Karius thoughts.

I also not sure why he is off doing interviews when he has barely established himself as Liverpool's number 1.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I didn't say he's immune from criticism. Just that Klopp's reaction was low and uncalled for.
Its the truth though. Gaz is not very good in assessing football

What I do disagree with Klopp in him saying that Gaz is biased against Liverpool. That's unfair TBH. Gaz bias towards English players is extraordinary and that include Steve Gerrard.

montpelier

I don't really think it is a meltdown, either. Looking for a reaction from the player, getting the crowd behind the player, playing to the fanbase.

Very funny though, that a 2 game run of dropped points & conceding of 6 goals is all the fault of the Utd pundit & nothing at all to do with the Liverpool pundit who is saying the same thing.

He (Klopp) deserves to be called a bellend, over it.

Ban

What I do disagree with Klopp in him saying that Gaz is biased against Liverpool. That's unfair TBH. Gaz bias towards English players is extraordinary and that include Steve Gerrard.
Yeah but you don't diss someone just cause he failed as manager. And he says he doesn't listen to Nevilles which is interesting since he commented on their comments.
All you said is true but Carragher criticised Karius and Klopp didn't say a word about it. Neville has been pretty neutral towards United.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Oh yes. Said Karius should shut up and get on with his job or something..but why? Karius can reply if he feels he's being criticised too heavily.
Both Phil Neville and Carragher said that. They rain criticism on him, Karius gives a retort and their response is "shut up and do your job."

Absolutely pathetic response from them. They deserve much worse than what Klopp dished out.

devilish

Yeah but you don't diss someone just cause he failed as manager. And he says he doesn't listen to Nevilles which is interesting since he commented on their comments.
All you said is true but Carragher criticised Karius and Klopp didn't say a word about it. Neville has been pretty neutral towards United.
You can say he's not very good and bring proof about it by bringing up his track record. He can't do the same with Carra because Carra knew his place and stayed in punditry.

devilish

Both Phil Neville and Carragher said that. They rain criticism on him, Karius gives a retort and their response is "shut up and do your job."

Absolutely pathetic response from them. They deserve much worse than what Klopp dished out.
Also its not as if they were top quality players. Carra in particular should just shut up especially considering how thin skinned he was as a player

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Klopp has proven jackshit. Horrible cnut of a man. If ever there was a perfect fit for the cnuts it's this guy.

From what I've gathered from his statement I'd say that Klopp demands something more insightful and less short sighted from a pundit than calling someone a terrible player for having a few bad games, especially since the player in question is still quite young and just moved to a new league and much bigger club.
Demands?!? Who the feck is he?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Quite. Not like you. I still remember your masterful summary of the development of the fullback role. You should send that to Neville, him being a fullback (albeit an English one, i.e. a donkey) himself.

Ban

You can say he's not very good and bring proof about it by bringing up his track record. He can't do the same with Carra because Carra knew his place and stayed in punditry.
So the fact he wasn't good at managerial job means he's bad at assessing players in general?

Varun

Staff
Exactly. Getting all precious because the player responded to his brother's criticism.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

What do you want them to do? Not say anything about any players...create some sort of safe space?

They're right, he should focus on his job. The best retort he can give them is by establishing himself properly as Liverpool's number one.

Varun

Staff
Think it is fine for Klopp to open fire on the Nevilles, although I think his dig at Nevilles managerial career is a bit petty. They need to be called out on their callous and lazy criticism of foreign players, whilst staunchly giving all benefit of doubt to English players.

My only regret is that he didn't take aim at carragher who has embarrassed himself with all this as well.
Yes, that was odd as well. Carragher has had a right go as well but he's oddly chosen to make it about club bias which isn't the case. It's just experts being experts. Should have ripped into all of them but then it wouldn't go well with the fans so he kept mum.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Shite 'keeper but Klopp has to stand by him, he's right to defend his player... Even if he is gonna cost Liverpool more points. :)

cyberman

Also its not as if they were top quality players. Carra in particular should just shut up especially considering how thin skinned he was as a player
They would all get into their respective sides tomorrow if they were in their prime. Those CL winners.

Gasolin

Hopefully Klopp tries to be stubborn with Karius and it costs them points... 7 pts is still doable for United :).
That's all that matters in this story anyway.

The rest is just childish behaviour, certainly in the objectives of protecting the players for Klopp, and getting something to say for Gary Neville.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Doesn't matter what Klopp or Neville say about our German keeper, because until he proves himself not to be a shit goalkeeper people will call him a shit goalkeeper. DDG was helping United win titles at a similar age. Our man looks like he'll cost us a shot at winning the title this season.
This. I'm annoyed that this is happening now, right in the middle of our first dodgy patch of form. The smart move would have been to stay quiet and focus on beating Boro/Everton. After the points are won and everyone is off of our backs then say what you like.

This will only get worse if we drop points on Wednesday.

devilish

So the fact he wasn't good at managerial job means he's bad at assessing players in general?
As said Gaz can't criticise others without risking having his horrible track record in football coaching and football management being thrown back at him.

If I was him, Id reply to him by wishing Klopp to win as many EPL and CL medals as he did. These type of play can be played from both sides

Last edited:

AXVnee7

The funniest thing is the Liverpool fans (not necessarily the guys on here) that were giving Karius loads of abuse over social media, are now rallying behind Klopp. Every other fan base would do the same mind.

Zen

I hope Gary Neville comes out and says he intentionally said this just to get in their heads.....though clearly he didn't since everyones saying the same thing pretty much, but it'll break them just that little bit more. What a legend.

LazyBones

If you can't take a bit of criticism from a pundit, don't bother taking praise from them either. If Karius just let it go and didn't react to the criticism then nobody would even care right now. He has just heaped more pressure on himself to perform and now Klopp has upped the pressure on him even more. Idiots! The Nevilles must be laughing.

Ban

As said Gaz can't criticise others without risking having his horrible track record in football coaching and football management being thrown back at him.

If I was him, Id reply to him by wishing Klopp to win as many EPL and CL medals as he did. These type of play can be played from both sides
Fair enough. But other things he said were funny.
Gary doesn't like Liverpool. He doesn't but he never lets that have any influence on his work as a pundit, he's pretty impartial. Which cannot be said for some of the ex Liverpool ones and there are many of them. And he said Carragher doesn't say anything positive bout United which isn't true either. Carragher as a pundit has been very good and had some really good quotes about United.

devilish

Fair enough. But other things he said were funny.
Gary doesn't like Liverpool. He doesn't but he never lets that have any influence on his work as a pundit, he's pretty impartial. Which cannot be said for some of the ex Liverpool ones and there are many of them. And he said Carragher doesn't say anything positive bout United which isn't true either. Carragher as a pundit has been very good and had some really good quotes about United.
Klopp is diverting criticism from his players to a vulnerable media man whom liverpool love to hate. It happens.

ti vu

From what I've gathered from his statement I'd say that Klopp demands something more insightful and less short sighted from a pundit than calling someone a terrible player for having a few bad games, especially since the player in question is still quite young and just moved to a new league and much bigger club.
Welcome to the PL. Media here can stir shite with cliche as much as they want. They're doing their job earning money. Noone can tell them to stfu. If anything, Klopp has had it smooth sailing thus far. This is an aspect where PL gets there entertaining draw. Pressure off the pitch at time is your tougher opponent. How a manager can overcome these off pitch obstacle is also a way to define how good a manager he is.

Popcorn time

Last edited: