Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
They're ripe for the taking at OT.

Look nothing like the side of a few months ago and the defence continues to be a bad joke.

Would be a huge disappointment not to take them apart especially with the way our attack is purring.

Ruffian

Supports
Liverpool
I thought we should have rotated much more for this game.

Nevermind, still well placed for a top four finish. And who knows, Spurs might beat Chelsea and then we are better off.

Varun

Staff
That smug smirk on his face after Sunderland scored, you'd think he had let off a sneaky fart in a crowded bus.

Shark

@NotShark
I thought we should have rotated much more for this game.

Nevermind, still well placed for a top four finish. And who knows, Spurs might beat Chelsea and then we are better off.
Well placed? it's still only January. I don't think anyone is well placed for anything, bar Chelsea.

Alex Styles

Can someone please tell me WHY the feck this clown has not received a touchline ban for being acting like a twat on the touchline?!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Look nothing like the side of a few months ago and the defence continues to be a bad joke.

Would be a huge disappointment not to take them apart especially with the way our attack is purring.
You're not scoring that many goals so I doubt you'll take us apart. You're definitely good enough to beat us though. I'm worried about individual errors occurring against the likes of Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan etc. I don't think you can take us lightly though. We're still above you by 8 (probably 5) points and we're top scorers in the league.

Could go either way.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Can someone please tell me WHY the feck this clown has not received a touchline ban for being acting like a twat on the touchline?!
Because no bottles were harmed during his touchline activities.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Well placed? it's still only January. I don't think anyone is well placed for anything, bar Chelsea.
Correct! After January, Mane and Coutinho return. You lot and City/Arsenal/Spurs play in the CL/EL and all our top 6 games are almost done. THEN we should be better placed. ;)

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona

This much overconfidence is never healthy.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
This much overconfidence is never healthy.
I never understood either side feeling like that before a United Liverpool game. United go into it at least 5 points behind us as well.

Actually I don't understand why we're there for the taking @Kraftwerker when we've just taken 13 points from a possible 15 available? Performances have been mixed imo.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
You're not scoring that many goals so I doubt you'll take us apart. You're definitely good enough to beat us though. I'm worried about individual errors occurring against the likes of Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan etc. I don't think you can take us lightly though. We're still above you by 8 (probably 5) points and we're top scorers in the league.

Could go either way.
Yes it will be one of our tougher games this season no doubt with plenty to consider from a defensive POV.

I do think most of the sides we've faced of late are more defensively savvy than Liverpool.

Don't let the scorelines fool you. It's taken a few wonder keepers and battered woodwork to prevent routs.

You can always count on the woodwork but I wouldn't bank on your keeper bailing you out. Should be an interesting game with a few players back for Liverpool and United almost full strength.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Yes it will be one of our tougher games this season no doubt with plenty to consider from a defensive POV.

I do think most of the sides we've faced of late are more defensively savvy than Liverpool.

Don't let the scorelines fool you. It's taken a few wonder keepers and battered woodwork to prevent routs.

You can always count on the woodwork but I wouldn't bank on your keeper bailing you out. Should be an interesting game with a few players back for Liverpool and United almost full strength.
Yeah agree with all of that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Yup, you just jinxed us. Their keepers will now channel their inner Lev Yashin.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I never understood either side feeling like that before a United Liverpool game. United go into it at least 5 points behind us as well.

Actually I don't understand why we're there for the taking @Kraftwerker when we've just taken 13 points from a possible 15 available? Performances have been mixed imo.
Looking beyond results and looking at performances.

The United attack is purring and Liverpool continue to make some poor errors - definitely should've lost today with a stronger referee.

We're at home where generally away teams have had to cede the game and rely on outstanding keepers. You don't have one.

The game could go either way. Put it this way I'll be disappointed if we serve up an fairly unambitious cautious display like you did at Anfield against us (albeit we ceded the game towards the end too). We should go for the jugular. That's all I ask and we'll see how it plays out.

cyberman

Liverpool fans on here had the whole 2nd half of the season planned out to the point the final 9 games are all easy wins.
We should be confident for the Lvpool game

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The player I will fear the most that day is not Ibra, Pogba nor Micky. It will be the ref. We don't want to be West Hammed. :(

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Correct! After January, Mane and Coutinho return. You lot and City/Arsenal/Spurs play in the CL/EL and all our top 6 games are almost done. THEN we should be better placed. ;)
You'll have to beat the likes of Sunderland though.

RedCurry

Swansea did it too. It works for around 30 minutes before we take over. Only Swansea actually managed to get a lead from it, and they still lost.

It's a viable tactic though.
Yep. As others have said, it has been a good tactic to employ against us. However no team has yet been able to maintain the pressure and it inevitably leads to exhaustion and Liverpool then taking control of the match (whether they then win it or not is another question entirely).
It's true that somehow Liverpool find a way to outlast their opposition stamina-wise if they get pressed. But if teams find a way to just dominate you guys for 20-30 mins, that's hardly a team that can challenge for title. With defense being quite suspect, teams could smash and grab a goal or two and defend the rest of the game. Obviously this is right now hypothetical but I do see that happening in the second half of the season.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Very bitter and undignified in his post match interview.

I did like the dig he had at broadcasters for not showing more matches though.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Two stupid penalties given away today. Was absolutely no need for Mane to stick his hand out.

Varun

Staff
Klopp's post match interview. Bloody hell. He's close to having a stroke.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
As opposed to the magnanimous and saint like Mourinho?
Mourinho has been very calm during his tenure with us. Also the difference is that Klopp is seen as this shining ray of joy and loveable character, while Mourinho constantly is the villain.

Klopp is one of the biggest sideline moaners in the PL, and as we saw today also very undignified when things doesn't go his way.

Moonred

What the feck is he saying? Maybe it's best to have these interviews later as managers seem incapable of making any sense when things don't go as planned.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
He's just sooooo likeable.

Why so aggressive to the poor interviewer, he didn't even ask inflammatory questions.
Maybe because he'd already counted the three points as in the bag before a ball was kicked.

They got a point more than they deserved today.

Surprised how smug some of the scousers in this thread have been. It's like they've not seen their team's title challenges over the last 27 years