Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Janson

Correct! After January, Mane and Coutinho return. You lot and City/Arsenal/Spurs play in the CL/EL and all our top 6 games are almost done. THEN we should be better placed. ;)
Your pressing will have worn you out by that time.

Lord Zlatan

Conveniently forgets theyve been sitting with their feet up every mid week whilst their rivals have been playing in Europe.

Skills

Snitch
I never understood either side feeling like that before a United Liverpool game. United go into it at least 5 points behind us as well.

Actually I don't understand why we're there for the taking @Kraftwerker when we've just taken 13 points from a possible 15 available? Performances have been mixed imo.
I'm fairly confident in a home game at Old Trafford. You guys have something like 16 league wins there in a 100 games, and one of them was over Moyes.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Himself and Pep both moaning about the 2 games in three days as if they're the only ones affected by it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm fairly confident in a home game at Old Trafford. You guys have something like 16 league wins there in a 100 games, and one of them was over Moyes.
Wow I didn't know it was that bad. They've been few and far between in the Premier League era to be fair.

Maybe we can bring back Murphy just for this game.

vanrooney

To be honest mou would have moaned about the two Games in two days if we hadnt won today. In fact they are right -
Its a disadvantage for the better, more active team.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
He's always so jittery and looks a bit 'unstable'.

Really don't understand why he's the media darling as he tends to become very sarcastic in interviews after his team haven't won.
Completely unlike Mourinho, eh?

We have 13 points from the last 15. Not too bad.

Last edited:

Jaybomb

This is what happens when you act like you've won the league in November.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It's genuinely not cognitive dissonance, I think you started the season great, but look truly ragged at the back and without enough real World Class quality in attack.

I think that as the season goes on, you will look increasingly leggy and tired as is to be expected from the gegen-press philosophy.

And when you say 'sustain a challenge', last night you were seconds away from being 8 points behind Chelsea. You won't challenge for the league this season, but that's not a problem - top 4 would be massive for your club, if you end up getting it...
Please show your workings. Dortmund tended to get better as the season wore on.
Christ there is so much wrong and ignorant with this post I really don't know why I'm bothering to reply but here goes :

Seems you know absolutely nothing about gegen-pressing and it's implementation at Liverpool. I suggest you look up what the German lads from Dortmund / Bayern etc. have said right here in the Liverpool threads on RC before you embarrass yourself any more.

We are already challenging ! As are Arsenal & City. How far that goes remains to be seen but we won't not challenge just because you don't want to see it happen, deny it and then do the three monkeys thing instead :D
You're not Dortmund, though. And this ain't the BL.

You can see already that raggedness and legginess coming into play when the games pile up, thus, exhaustion clearly takes a large toll on the way you play. It's expected, and indeed, obvious to anyone who's thinking objectively, rather than fanatically.

What you experienced today is a taster for what you'll experience increasingly as the season rolls on.

You're a plucky side, but are just a little too ragged and short of defensive quality to be anywhere close to challenging for a title this season.

You were very fortunate to leave with a point against an awful Moyes' team today.

I think it'll be a good battle for 4th between us, may the best team win!

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
I thought we should have rotated much more for this game.

Nevermind, still well placed for a top four finish. And who knows, Spurs might beat Chelsea and then we are better off.
I don't know...if we beat you in the next round it's entirely possible that we'll still be 6th and only 2 points behind you. Wouldn't call that "still well placed".

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
You're not Dortmund, though. And this ain't the BL.

You can see already that raggedness and legginess coming into play when the games pile up, thus, exhaustion clearly takes a large toll on the way you play. It's expected, and indeed, obvious to anyone who's thinking objectively, rather than fanatically.

What you experienced today is a taster for what you'll experience increasingly as the season rolls on.

You're a plucky side, but are just a little too ragged and short of defensive quality to be anywhere close to challenging for a title this season.

You were very fortunate to leave with a point against an awful Moyes' team today.

I think it'll be a good battle for 4th between us, may the best team win!
We played two games in 44 hours. With one change. Of course there was going to be a physical drop off.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You can't stop thinking these top top managers are all sociopath, apart of Ancelotti would say.

Fridge chutney

What a whinger.
What a sanctimonious, whinging poor sport.

I'm losing respect for Klopp. Winding up Sunderland fans by sarcastically clapping, moaning post-match, yet he remains a media darling. Liverpool were extremely fortunate that Can did not get a pen or second yellow for his clear handball in the box.

Fridge chutney

Liverpool vs United in 2 weeks: impossible to predict as this fixture always is.

Liverpool will be energised, we will be too. I just hope the ref does not make a name for himself.

VanGaalEra

What's the updates on their injuries?

Coutinho still hasn't returned from his injury, Henderson was out of the squad today, Matip still not returned, Sturridge and Milner limped off today.

Mane also going to the AFCON so it's not an ideal situation at the moment.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Coutinho still hasn't returned from his injury, Henderson was out of the squad today, Matip still not returned, Sturridge and Milner limped off today.

Apart from Mane the rest should be back for United. None of them are serious injuries apart from Coutinho but he's back in training again now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Coutinho has started training. Expect him to be fit.

Bojan11

I fancy us.

The player that scares me from them is Mane and he won't be playing. He is unpredictable and can at times run past players with ease.

With him not around, we can play more on the front foot and keep them pinned in their half.

BorisDeLeFora

Some good and bad points.

Hopefully he realises that he needs to trust the squad more, or if he doesn't realises that he then needs 5 or 6 players for next season. One change was madness. Wijnaldum and Lallana especially were badly affected I thought, I'm not sure on Can, but he is no holding midfielder. That's the entire midfield and Sunderland found it very easy to get counter attacks going, despite not really having any powerful pacey players.

To give away 3 penalties though, feck me, stupid cnuts.

Hopefully a realisation comes in that Liverpool are a side who are aiming to get into the top 4, and should not be entertaining thoughts of winning the league until April.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
He's always so jittery and looks a bit 'unstable'.

Really don't understand why he's the media darling as he tends to become very sarcastic in interviews after his team haven't won.
Pep was the media darling and look at what they're saying about him today. The press always turns eventually and they'll turn on Klopp sooner or later.

Revan

Assumptionman
Definitely close to a nervous breakdown :nervous:
Nah, he looks totally fine to me. He moaned for the free kick (actually, he might be right at it though Sunderland should have had an another pen), and his biggest concern was the 2 matches in 3 days, which is really hard, and regardless of how you prepare, is difficult.

Pep in the other side is close to a breakdown.

SalfordRed1960

Klopp and Pep don't seem to cope very well when things don't go their way huh.

For all the stick Mourinho gets I think his experience last season has made him much better both mentally and as a manager.
I am not sure if you are being serious about Jose. He is a time bomb ticking if things aren't going his way. Even today, he still has an unnecessary dig at the ref. I think all the top managers are under so much pressure it is hard to stay composed. They like the pats on th eback when things are going well, but can not take any form of criticism or questioning.

TheReligion

Abusive
I am not sure if you are being serious about Jose. He is a time bomb ticking if things aren't going his way. Even today, he still has an unnecessary dig at the ref. I think all the top managers are under so much pressure it is hard to stay composed. They like the pats on th eback when things are going well, but can not take any form of criticism or questioning.
Things didn't go his way at the start of the season but we didn't see the kind of interviews Pep and Klopp are giving?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Himself and Pep both moaning about the 2 games in three days as if they're the only ones affected by it.
Southampton played 3 games in 5 days! Poor sods. Lost all three too.

cyberman

What happens if Mane got a red there?
He's not eligible for Liverpool games when selected for international duty so would his ban have waited until his first available match?