Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
why is there a news article on the bbc about it?
No idea, but he hasn't played for them since June 2015 and it was clear he didn't want to go to the AFCON even before he joined us. If anything, Klopp stayed out of it and said that Matip needed to decide for his own what he wanted to do - the Cameroon manager tried to convince him the last couple of weeks but it didn't work.

Matip isn't included in their final squad selection and that's why he won't face any ban or fine, I think it would've been possible otherwise though due to FIFA regulations, but not sure.

ObelOitment Fungentula

Supports
Liverpool
why is there a news article on the bbc about it?
About what? Klopp convincing Matip not to go to Afcon? As RobinLFC said, Matip stopped playing for Cameroon (a falling out with the management I understand) long before he came to us. If the Beeb are reporting otherwise I'd like to see it.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
No amount of money could ever persuade me to get into journalism.

Ok... maybe there is an amount.

But you catch my drift, i just hate the press and their stupid questions.
There's a lot of quality journalism out there - not all doing click bait rubbish. The Guardian's child abuse exposé was extremely important and heavily reliant on good journalism.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
No idea, but he hasn't played for them since June 2015 and it was clear he didn't want to go to the AFCON even before he joined us. If anything, Klopp stayed out of it and said that Matip needed to decide for his own what he wanted to do - the Cameroon manager tried to convince him the last couple of weeks but it didn't work.

Matip isn't included in their final squad selection and that's why he won't face any ban or fine, I think it would've been possible otherwise though due to FIFA regulations, but not sure.
Fair enough

RedCurry

I am just not seeing what most of Caf is seeing here. He's handled the press quite well. Doesn't provide the same comic value as Pep meltdown and if I were a liverpool fan, this is a huge upgrade on - "lads showed character".

Rafateria

apparently those who didnt want to play for Cameroon have avoided any trouble.
Of course they have. It was shocking tactics by Cameroon and FIFA (cnuts). Quite simply, as I've posted elsewhere : Actually it would be a human rights violation and contrary to employment law in both the EC and the UK to try to force him to play when he's said he doesn't want to play for the country and said he's retired from internationals. He has a right to choose and that's why I think both Cameroon and FIFA backed down.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Of course they have. It was shocking tactics by Cameroon and FIFA (cnuts). Quite simply, as I've posted elsewhere : Actually it would be a human rights violation and contrary to employment law in both the EC and the UK to try to force him to play when he's said he doesn't want to play for the country and said he's retired from internationals. He has a right to choose and that's why I think both Cameroon and FIFA backed down.
Have they enforced this ban with others though? I know Ribery was threatened with it in 2014.

Rafateria

Have they enforced this ban with others though? I know Ribery was threatened with it in 2014.
I don't know mate. But Matip made it quite clear ages ago (2015) that he didn't want to play for Cameroon and had retired from International football. You simply can't force a player to play in that situation, or ban him from domestic footbal for not going. There would be all sorts of legal shenanigans to follow and I'm sure FIFA will have told Cameroon they don't want that, just in case it opens the floodgates in some way.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I don't know mate. But Matip made it quite clear ages ago (2015) that he didn't want to play for Cameroon and had retired from International football. You simply can't force a player to play in that situation, or ban him from domestic footbal for not going. There would be all sorts of legal shenanigans to follow and I'm sure FIFA will have told Cameroon they don't want that, just in case it opens the floodgates in some way.
Yeah I know the Matip situation, I was just wondering if anyones ever been banned from it, cause though I've heard lots of threats I've never seen anyone actually banned. I believe Makelele was forced to come out of retirement for France, well at least according to Jose.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
If they don't win the league this year he will never win it at Liverpool. His style of play will be to much for the players once they have European commitments to deal with and his players or funds for players are lacking behind the other top teams.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If they don't win the league this year he will never win it at Liverpool. His style of play will be to much for the players once they have European commitments to deal with and his players or funds for players are lacking behind the other top teams.
I agree with this.

I also hope it's true, but I do genuinely believe it.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Wishful thinking on your part I'd say. Last season from the 25/02/16 to the 23/04/16 we played a total of 14 competitive games & had to endure one of those bloody annoying international breaks. Yet we won 8, drew 5, & lost just the once. We played City twice, United twice, & Dortmund twice, in those 14 games. Klopp has trimmed his squad this season to reflect our non-participation in any European competitions. Rest assured our owners will ensure the funds are available in the summer to bolster the squad should the need arise. & we've already seen our manager doesn't need so-called top signings to improve on what he already has.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I'd agree with this if it wasn't wrong. He may not ever win the league at Anfield but you can't possibly say that for certain. Winning the BL and reaching the final of the European Cup in the same season show that his teams can cope with European and domestic commitments. We have a relatively small squad right now which will almost certainly be improved on if we make Europe next season.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'd agree with this if it wasn't wrong. He may not ever win the league at Anfield but you can't possibly say that for certain. Winning the BL and reaching the final of the European Cup in the same season show that his teams can cope with European and domestic commitments. We have a relatively small squad right now which will almost certainly be improved on if we make Europe next season.
That never happened.

When he won the league (first time), they were in Europa and didn't do that well. The second time they won the league, the didn't manage to qualify from group stage in a group with Marseille and if I am not mistaken, Arsenal.

When they reached UCL fina, they were something like 25 points behind Bayern and were never in the title race, while had also been eliminated from Bayern in the cup very early.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
That never happened.

When he won the league (first time), they were in Europa and didn't do that well. The second time they won the league, the didn't manage to qualify from group stage in a group with Marseille and if I am not mistaken, Arsenal.

When they reached UCL fina, they were something like 25 points behind Bayern and were never in the title race, while had also been eliminated from Bayern in the cup very early.
Pah... Take your facts elsewhere. The scousers need to have some hope to cling to when it all goes tits up again.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
That never happened.

My mistake, I read it wrong. Dortmund finished second in 2013 (22points behind Bayern) and made the final of the UCL whilst reaching the quarter finals of the Greman Cup.
It will be interesting to see how we cope if we do make Europe next season but I'm certain that we will strengthen again and have a much larger squad than we currently have.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I agree with this.

I also hope it's true, but I do genuinely believe it.
He's a blue nose .

Theyre more deluded than us.

An Everton fan after seeing our new stand complete.

But we had lifts in our main stand before youse had escalators.

;)

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
What does your crystal ball say about Everton? Does it tell you when you will win a derby?

Treble_Winning

Klopp is showing signs of stress. He is losing his cool more and more often, and behaving in a manner that can only be described as unhinged.

Perhaps the pressures of managing in the PL are finally catching up to him. It won't be long now before the meltdown.

These managers who are highly-rated who come from abroad (Klopp and Guardiola) just aren't used to the pace and physicality of the English game, and can't deal with the fact that there is no winter break. The most important thing however is that they're not used to being beaten/held by lower-ranked teams. Let's see how Klopp really is, managing in a league that has more than 2 teams capable of winning it.

I sense that a meltdown and Liverpool downward spiral is impending. Can't wait to get the popcorn out.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
These managers who are highly-rated who come from abroad (Klopp and Guardiola) just aren't used to the pace and physicality of the English game,
Not this again. Pep ate English teams for breakfast when he was managing us, he did the same when he was managing Bayern. If the English game is so fast and physical, surely you'd expect them to at least be competent in Europe (especially considering the money they have). Spanish teams have absolutely dominated English teams in the past 7 years in all European competitions.

Rafateria

Klopp is showing signs of stress. He is losing his cool more and more often, and behaving in a manner that can only be described as unhinged.

Perhaps the pressures of managing in the PL are finally catching up to him. It won't be long now before the meltdown.

These managers who are highly-rated who come from abroad (Klopp and Guardiola) just aren't used to the pace and physicality of the English game, and can't deal with the fact that there is no winter break. The most important thing however is that they're not used to being beaten/held by lower-ranked teams. Let's see how Klopp really is, managing in a league that has more than 2 teams capable of winning it.

I sense that a meltdown and Liverpool downward spiral is impending. Can't wait to get the popcorn out.
I have seen a number of United posters calling you deluded, a post like this is only going to add to your growing army of 'fans' !

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
He's a blue nose .

Theyre more deluded than us.

An Everton fan after seeing our new stand complete.

But we had lifts in our main stand before youse had escalators.

;)
Just incase all you United fans wasn't aware. All my Liverpool mates actually celebrated a 15000 or so stadium expansion like they had just built a new Wembley or something. Was honestly the most cringeworthy thing I've seen in awhile and just hammers down the fact how desperate they have become these days.

Glad that Cassady has confirmed he's one of these desperados.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
What does your crystal ball say about Everton? Does it tell you when you will win a derby?
Lets be honest. In the next 10 years there will probably be a mickey mouse cup in terms of trophies won in that period between us. Just like the previous 10 years.