Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

RORY65

Not getting the top four would probably mean the end for him.
It wouldn't, that would be ridiculous. They've had a poor run lately but certainly in the league they've probably performed above expectations this season thus far. Before the season I thought they would come about 6th because I think they have the 6th best squad. They're currently 4th, 2 points off 2nd, and ahead of the 2 bookies favourites for the title (the team that spent the most in the summer and the most expensive squad in the history of world football).

They may well finish 6th and there are things about Klopp that are odd (some of his comments, the teams he's picked in cup competitions etc) but I'm a bit wary of becoming as smug as some are on here because they're in a better position than I expected they would be and surely Liverpool would realise that there's not a better manager who will take that job, they've produced some absolutely outstanding performances in big games in his time there.

Raw

I like how they went like a whole year being unbeaten at Anfield, then straight up lose 3 games there against Swansea, Southampton and Wolves in the space of a week :lol:

Mountainstomolehills

Supports
Liverpool
Why do Klopp rest players today? Saving them for Champions League? Europa League? League Cup? Yes, Chelsea on tuesday but seriously they will have enough rest during what's left of the season.
I believe Klopp thought the mix of young and experienced players he put out today would be able to cope with a Wolves team that aren't exactly lighting up their own league.........it appears erroneously!

And if you think about it, it's only 3 days to the game at Chelsea, and trying to achieve a top four place is definitely priority for the club.

With that in mind, recent results will have created a major dip in confidence for the rest of the season.......none more so than this which, even from the most optimistic of supporters, was a shambolic performance.

Bwuk

Another season without winning anything, and no guarantee of top 4 either.

Klopp sure is the master mind we've been lead to believe.

Fracture90

I don't know I think I heard someone say he wouldn't be able to play the Chelsea game due to eligibility.
He couldn't have accumulated 10 yellow cards so fast and if is to lose against Cameroon he should be available for the club.

TheReligion

Abusive
I believe Klopp thought the mix of young players he put out today would be able to cope with a Wolves team that aren't exactly lighting up their own league.........it appears erroneously!

And if you think about it, it's only 3 days to the game at Chelsea, and trying to achieve a top four place is definitely priority for the club.

With that in mind, recent results will have created a major dip in confidence for the rest of the season.......none more so than this which, even from the most optimistic of supporters, was a shambolic performance.
He's played a few of his main players today though...the will be tired.

Gause

Why does jurgen have his tea in a mug?

Because he can't keep anything in a cup

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
On a serious note if top 4 slips away should he go?
No. Who do we bring in? He's still the best manager we've had in ages.

People talk as though he's taken over a successful side and taken them down a few levels. This is fairly normal for us. That doesn't excuse what's going on but I think we need some stability even if we end up 6th.

If we manage a win on Tuesday everyone goes the other way and starts talking us up again. Football right?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
This was always likely to happen but I didn't think against Swansea, Southampton and Wolves. Their squad has no depth and their style of football invites too many injuries and ultimately has now fatigued them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Seriously what the feck is happening to them? :lol: These collapses usually happen when a squad is unhappy and the fans are on their back and then 1 result gets things spiralling. This is klopps second season and they're all in a great mood with everything for the most part. Probably one of the most surprising slumps in form I've ever seen this.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Well that's a week that's put me off my stride. Quite the series of displays since OT.

Mountainstomolehills

Supports
Liverpool
He's played a few of his main players today though...the will be tired.
The only player who started the game today who I expect will start the game on Tuesday is Firmino. Coutinho and Can came on but in reality they really didn't do that much running around.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
It wouldn't, that would be ridiculous. They've had a poor run lately but certainly in the league they've probably performed above expectations this season thus far. Before the season I thought they would come about 6th because I think they have the 6th best squad. They're currently 4th, 2 points off 2nd, and ahead of the 2 bookies favourites for the title (the team that spent the most in the summer and the most expensive squad in the history of world football).

They may well finish 6th and there are things about Klopp that are odd (some of his comments, the teams he's picked in cup competitions etc) but I'm a bit wary of becoming as smug as some are on here because they're in a better position than I expected they would be and surely Liverpool would realise that there's not a better manager who will take that job, they've produced some absolutely outstanding performances in big games in his time there.
Get the feck outta here with your common sense and levelheadedness! Don't you know this is the caf?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The thread title:lol:

Banter aside, is he losing the players or what? Can't figure out this sudden slump.

Minimalist

Chelsea will smash them.

But hey at least they can focus on being shite in the league.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Also to put into context their bad run, these were their 8 fixtures after the win against City:
Sunderland away - draw
Plymouth home - draw
Southampton away - loss
United away - draw
Plymouth away - win
Swansea home - loss
Southampton home - loss
Wolves home - loss

Two games against 4th league opposition, one against a struggling championship club, 2 almost certs to be relegated in the league, and then 3 tougher games with United and southampton twice. Thats brutal form.

Last edited:

prath92

think he could get away with blaming trainspotting 2. Bloody manc director releasing the film the day before a liverpool game.

ZAGREB RED

Is this some sort of a record for Klopp's "full house" this week ? Beaten at home in all 3 domestic competitions in the space of 7 days. Excellent.
I wonder how his post match interviews/press conference will pan out. Was it windy at Anfield today I wonder, did Wolves play long balls ?
Maybe take a leaf out of Jose's book and say he didn't see the two Wolves goals and Liverpool won 1-0, therefore they are through to the next round...