Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

NinjaFletch

Hilarious and meaningless statement given how many times he's blamed his players this season.

Of course the fans will see that, lap it up, and claim he only ever blames himself.
I think the best bit is that he actually still blames them. His quote reads:

"I'm not allowed to blame single players, so its my fault [that I picked people that played so shit]" to me.

Nogbadthebad

Its not klopp really.

Its anfield, its a shitehole, it always has been for the last 25 years I've been having the occasional visit when we play them. It would suck the life out of Timmy Mallet if he spent too long at that place, never mind an entire club with a persecution complex.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
The thread title:lol:

Banter aside, is he losing the players or what? Can't figure out this sudden slump.
It's no big deal (yet). Teams have slumps every now and then. They're far from being a great team so obviously if they are in bad form it won't be pretty. Don't forget they were a midtable team last season.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I think the best bit is that he actually still blames them. His quote reads:

"I'm not allowed to blame single players, so its my fault [that I picked people that played so shit]" to me.
Yeah it's a backhanded almost cowardly way of blaming them.

"Blame me for picking such a shit team"

Anyone thinking he won't be absolutely tearing into individuals behind closed doors is deluded too.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Klopp:"If you look closely at the ball as it was being passed around, it seemed to not be properly inflated. That would make it very difficult for a team who play passing football whilst not affecting a long ball team like Wolves.

The balls are always properly inflated for Man United although they play long ball. *Laughs uncontrollably*"

Mountainstomolehills

Supports
Liverpool
On a serious note if top 4 slips away should he go?
On a similarly serious note, should United sack Jose if he doesn't reach top four with the most expensive squad ever assembled in football history?

Also to put into context their bad run, these were their 8 fixtures after the win against City:
Sunderland away - draw
Plymouth home - draw
Southampton away - loss
Plymouth away - win
Swansea home - loss
Southampton home - loss
Wolves home - loss

Two games against 4th league opposition, one against a struggling championship club, 2 almost certs to be relegated in the league, and then 3 tougher games with United and southampton twice. Thats brutal form.
It's terrible form......although I do like the fact that you were unable (somehow) to include the United game in your initial list. How does it feel to only be able to draw at home against a team in such brutal form and to do so with the aid of an offside goal in the final five minutes?

Last post today.....but if I don't give up watching football for life (or maybe just a couple of days ;)) then I'll be back tomorrow for more stick.

Thanks for cheering me up with some of those posts though - very amusing!

redNATION

I've said this before, in the medium term (and certainly long term), I'm not concerned at all about liverpool's "revival" under Klopp. Their squad is the very definition of average; only Coutinho and Mane have any real quality, and neither are elite level players. They need huge investment, but they wont be able to keep up with us, City or Chelsea in terms of spending. Their best players will eventually go elsewhere, and they start at square 1, and never get past square 2.

also :lol::lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
On a similarly serious note, should United sack Jose if he doesn't reach top four with the most expensive squad ever assembled in football history?

It's terrible form......although I do like the fact that you were unable (somehow) to include the United game in your initial list. How does it feel to only be able to draw at home against a team in such brutal form and to do so with the aid of an offside goal in the final five minutes?

Last post today.....but if I don't give up watching football for life (or maybe just a couple of days ;)) then I'll be back tomorrow for more stick.

Ah the United thing was just an unintentional slip tbh, thought I did put it

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If Jose doesn't get top 4 in either of his first two seasons then he probably has to go. Probably not the case at Liverpool though as you guys are more adjusted to midtable mediocrity.

djembatheking

Liverpool should have gone full strength today , far more important to stop the rot and stay in with a chance of a trophy . The Chelsea game is nowhere near as important as win , lose or draw they are surely still in with a shout for top 4 with the amount of games they have got left to play . Terrible from Klopp .

It's the first time I'm seeing that quote! He really is full of it:rolleyes:

Come on Chelsea!
Careful. If you read what he actually said it's fairly innocuous, football365 have successfully put it through the clickbait machine.

Not to say that the intent wasn't there though. Speaks in riddles, does Klopp!

(Obligatory "sports 'journalism' is absolutely appalling grumble grumble...")

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
It wouldn't, that would be ridiculous. They've had a poor run lately but certainly in the league they've probably performed above expectations this season thus far. Before the season I thought they would come about 6th because I think they have the 6th best squad. They're currently 4th, 2 points off 2nd, and ahead of the 2 bookies favourites for the title (the team that spent the most in the summer and the most expensive squad in the history of world football).

They may well finish 6th and there are things about Klopp that are odd (some of his comments, the teams he's picked in cup competitions etc) but I'm a bit wary of becoming as smug as some are on here because they're in a better position than I expected they would be and surely Liverpool would realise that there's not a better manager who will take that job, they've produced some absolutely outstanding performances in big games in his time there.
But the way they are collapsing
Their collapse would be epic if they finished the season 6th. I don't think their owner would be happy.

AlwaysRed66

Can you imagine the Liverpool fans & media's reaction if Rogers or Hodgson had lost at home to these three sides, Klopp thought I always play weakened sides in Germany & never have any problems. Just like Guardiola, another overrated fraud.

That is one of the things I have always like about Mourinho, in that he nearly always plays a strong side in any of the cups.

Bwuk

I hope they finish 6th so badly, the sheer amount of shite they've given us for being in 6th would make it hilarious.

NK86

You lot really are deluded. You yourself had your penalty from a corner which should havr been offside. But hey, I can understand being dumped out of all competitions again in January will be tough for anyone.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
That was awful, I have no idea what happened to us - we shouldn't be this bad.

Robbie Boy

It's too funny really. Can't stand him and think him and this team were massively overrated earlier in the season. The media wankfest was horrendous.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Just saw this stat.....

Moyes' win rate at Man United: 52.9%
Klopp's win rate at Liverpool: 48%

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Just saw this stat.....

Yeah but, Big Sam has a 100% win rate with England. ;)

Not comparable because it is over different lengths of time.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's as knee jerk now as it was earlier in the season.

I'm going to wait until the end of the season and see where we end up.

TheReligion

Abusive

He's cracking up!

Squad value has nothing to do with it. Mourinho has just got us to a cup final and he's only been with the squad 6 months. Don't worry about United. We will get there. If Mourinho had lost at home consecutively to Swansea, Southampton and Wolves whilst being dumped out of the clubs two remaining cup competitions the media would be going crazy.

Klopp is in his second season now. If he doesn't achieve something this term he's got to be on his last legs.

Raw

Just saw this stat.....

Just seen Mourinho's is 60%, higher percentage than every United manager in history :eek:

Okay granted he only has 50% in the league and shit Europa League and lower league opposition is padding that stat, but still!

JustinC00

League Cup final loser
Europa final loser
4th round of the FA Cup loser
Choked away a chance to get CL or EL in the final 10 matches last season
League Cup semi-final loser
4th round of the FA Cup loser