Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

EyeInTheSky

He's cracking up!

Squad value has nothing to do with it. Mourinho has just got us to a cup final and he's only been with the squad 6 months. Don't worry about United. We will get there. If Mourinho had lost at home consecutively to Swansea, Southampton and Wolves whilst being dumped out of the clubs two remaining cup competitions the media would be going crazy.

Klopp is in his second season now. If he doesn't achieve something this term he's got to be on his last legs.
Good point.

I am so fecked off we didn't take a number of opportunities to get to second place

djembatheking

Who do you support ?
Sorry mate the top paragraph was a quote from a liverpool supporter . I am a United supporter and struggle to understand why Klopp would not go full strength in the FA cup considering how few games they have left to play .

Peanut Butter

Klopp has been there for a while now. Plenty of time to bed in a team and consistency.

Liverpool are still shit. Nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Jaybomb

Till now it's Klopp the Flopp.

He's delivered nothing yet.

At least they can concentrate on the Premier League.
Yeah, losing in the Premier League.

Seriously, if I was a betting man, I'd back them NOT to get top 4. Their season is literally falling apart and its hilarious to see the fans slate the players all of a sudden. I thought Henderson was better than Pogba? Now its the "Klopp needs to build his own team" rubbish all over again :lol: They weren't saying that last month.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I must say, I didn't think I would admit this on Redcafe this early in the season but it hurts to be a Liverpool fan for me right now. Lose against Chelsea (they will beat us) and we could not even get 4th.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
3 home defeats in a week is incredible stuff.

Good to see he's finally got his punishment for these chimpy line ups though. Just about got away with it v Exeter last year, and Plymouth this.

Hope Chelsea can make it 4 in a row, and we can finally really close in on them.

clarkydaz

I must say, I didn't think I would admit this on Redcafe this early in the season but it hurts to be a Liverpool fan for me right now. Lose against Chelsea (they will beat us) and we could not even get 4th.
I wouldn't be surprised if you got a point, as Chelsea don't need the win. Remember before the game at Old Trafford you were supposedly going to get pasted and didnt

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
3 home defeats in a week is incredible stuff.

Good to see he's finally got his punishment for these chimpy line ups though. Just about got away with it v Exeter last year, and Plymouth this.

Hope Chelsea can make it 4 in a row, and we can finally really close in on them.
The way I see it is like this, Klopp has basically said Balls to the FA Cup I am focusing all my teams effort on getting Top 4 or better. If he fails to get top 4 things need to be looked at. I'm not saying sackings or anything but a review into the way we are going about things. You can't go from challenging for the league to missing out on 4th whilst not winning anything domestically. Maybe I'm being knee jerk but 3 home losses in a row is taking the piss.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
The way I see it is like this, Klopp has basically said Balls to the FA Cup I am focusing all my teams effort on getting Top 4 or better. If he fails to get top 4 things need to be looked at. I'm not saying sackings or anything but a review into the way we are going about things. You can't go from challenging for the league to missing out on 4th whilst not winning anything domestically. Maybe I'm being knee jerk but 3 home losses in a row is taking the piss.
In those 3 losses was a league loss too though.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn't be surprised if you got a point, as Chelsea don't need the win. Remember before the game at Old Trafford you were supposedly going to get pasted and didnt
Well I was sure we would have enough for the point at the very least at Old Trafford, we have regressed quite a bit since the United game imo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It builds pressure doing things like this, and does mean it's all or nothing on top 4

Pre season there wasn't necessarily that aim, with so many giants with new managers, but now he has a make or break.

Need Chelsea to break them.

The talk about "it'll change when Mane is back" is fairly embarrassing stuff.
As if he's some worldie

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
In those 3 losses was a league loss too though.
Which makes this run of form more worrying. We have been atrocious in three competitions in the past few weeks, with different players as well. That Chelsea game is our sole final of the season which is fecking depressing :lol:. The truth is the club is penny pinching, going into the season with the squad we have was criminal, look at the players we are relying on ffs.

Jaybomb

Any manager who says "balls" to any domestic cup is a massive fraud. Imagine not taking the FA Cup seriously. I'd hate it if Mourinho fielded a bunch of youngsters against a respectable Championship side. It would show a clear lack of ambition in my eyes and it looks even worse when it doesn't pay off.

Liverpool should be focusing on winning cups like that cause its been so long since they've had success. The FA Cup is the biggest cup in England. Everyone should want to win it.

SalfordRed1960

When were you challenging for the league?

I assume you are trying to imply that because you were sitting pretty at the end of November that classes as challenging for the league. The points difference between 1st and 2nd has been greater than or equal to 2nd to 6th for most of the past 2 months. And the teams in 2nd to 5th places change nearly every week. I think it would be fairer to say that there are 5 teams fighting for 3 places (2nd to 4th), as no one team seems consistent enough to challenge a Chelsea team that is hardly dropping points.

TheSweeper

It's kind of hard to judge Klopp.
You could argue he doesn't have the best players at his disposal - but neither is he the type of manager to manage a squad full of superstars.

I think he will do a good job when he finds players who can play to his wishes.

Someone like sturridge is a good player for Liverpool but a mediocre one to match Klopp's demands. A few more purchases in the form of Mane & these blips we see will be a bit less in number.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
It builds pressure doing things like this, and does mean it's all or nothing on top 4

Pre season there wasn't necessarily that aim, with so many giants with new managers, but now he has a make or break.

Need Chelsea to break them.

The talk about "it'll change when Mane is back" is fairly embarrassing stuff.
As if he's some worldie
Tbf he is a bloody great player.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
You could argue he doesn't have the best players at his disposal - but neither is he the type of manager to manage a squad full of superstars.

Someone like sturridge is a good player for Liverpool but a mediocre one to match Klopp's demands. A few more purchases in the form of Mane & these blips we see will be a bit less in number.
And whose fault is that?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

But in the meantime, will the other big clubs get their act together?

redNATION

In their next 8 games they play Chelsea (H), Spurs (H), Arsenal (H), City (A), Everton (H). Basically make or break for top 4. The run after that is fairly benign, so we need to capitalise on this coming run if we're to overtake them.

Tbf he is a bloody great player.
He's a good player, but lets not go overboard. "Bloody great" for them would be Suarez. Mane's not going to solve their defensive issues.

jackofalltrades

I don't know what was going through his head today. Maybe he overestimated his players or underestimated the FA Cup. I would have thought he'd send out a stronger team. After all, Liverpool haven't played so many games this season and they didn't put out a strong squad against Plymouth.

Miscalculation all round ?

TheSweeper

And whose fault is that?
But in the meantime, will the other big clubs get their act together?
Well I just think he is very good at getting the best out of players that suit his playstyle. I don't think Liverpool even have 40% of players capable of playing the way that Klopp wants.

The main thing I feel is that to judge him on winning trophies & cups is like judging van Gaal on his ability to win titles & CL's. It's not really their Forte.

In my eyes - someone like Jose is here to win titles as his career & achievements prove his capability to do just that
Someone like LVG was bought here to build something from scratch including young players.

Jurgen's uniqueness is his ability to awaken a sleeping giant through team work. It's his time at dprtmund that enticed a lot of clubs. For me - Liverpool are much more of a serious team & actually a team you feel scared to come up against; even if the results are not there.

You see the team work & a pulse to that team but not necessarily full circulation as of yet.
:rolleyes:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't know what was going through his head today. Maybe he overestimated his players or underestimated the FA Cup. I would have thought he'd send out a stronger team. After all, Liverpool haven't played so many games this season and they didn't put out a strong squad against Plymouth.

Miscalculation all round ?

You would think after that terrible home league defeat to Swansea, and going out in the semi of the league cup that he'd go a bit stronger today.

Couldn't believe it when I saw they were 2-0 down. And couldn't believe it when I saw that lineup!

AlwaysRed66

Is this correct?

Christ, I'd be depressed at that if I were a Liverpool fan. I mean, yeah, easier fixture list so they'll have time to rest and go into games fresh, but imagine only getting to see your team play 6 times over 2 months.
He will still be complaining that is too many games for his poor little dears to manage.

Djemba-Djemba

It's a bad run of form but the glee on here is over the top.

You are still ahead of us with both us and Spurs having Europa league football to worry about.

However long may the slump continue.
We also have the Europa League to enjoy though.

I'd rather be in our position with 3 trophies to play for then theirs with feck all to win.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp will finally have a chance to get all his players back so we can bench our inadequates and get some semblance of form. How long has it been since:

Mig
Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
Henderson Wijnaldum
Mane Lallana Coutinho
Firmino

Far too long. That's how long. Chelsea will be too early but one game a week after that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Klopp will finally have a chance to get all his players back so we can bench our inadequates and get some semblance of form. How long has it been since:

Mig
Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
Henderson Wijnaldum
Mane Lallana Coutinho
Firmino

Far too long. That's how long. Chelsea will be too early but one game a week after that.
Yeah it's nice when the exact XI you want to play are available and aren't tired or carrying injuries.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
As it was already mentioned. Mane is back. It's all good.
Not just Mane though. Coutinho, Matip, Clyne, Milner, Lallana and Hendo are all gingerly getting back to fitness after injuries. Not quite been noticed yet

They can't handle more than one game a week and we can't handle replacing them with average fodder from our bench.

C'est Moi Cantona

Funny, but now not impossible that we could play nearly twice the number of games they will between now and the seasons end, not sure if that's such a good thing as we sit 4 points below them.