Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We play a far less physically demanding style of football & we don't sign injury-prone players.
I'm not sure you can point to Klopp's style of play to explain our serious injuries this season. Coutinho's was a freak accident and Matip had an ankle problem. Henderson got injured in the City game I think following a challenge with someone. We had a group of hamstring problems last year but I think the players are better adjusted to it now.

Apart from Sturridge I don't think we've got anyone else I'd class as injury prone but even if you include him, he hasn't really had a lot of time out this season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We would if he kept making the same stupid excuses and bringing us up in every interview.
Every great manager has made bizzare excuses, and he doesn't bring us up in every interview. That's an exaggeration.

Any manager moaning about us playing long ball, then doing the exact same thing the week after, or blaming the fecking wind for a defeat would be getting laughed at on here.
He wouldn't be the first manager to be hypocritical in his pressers.

We scrutinise him far more because he's manager of Liverpool. That's obvious, and fair enough really given the rivalry. I just don't get the inertia of certain posters to accept this to be the case.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm not too disappointed at being out of the two cups actually. Yes, I'd like to have seen a United vs. Liverpool final, it would make great theatre. And as a selfish fan another match or two is always great. However having only the PL to concentrate on can only be good for our CL slot chances and if we make one of them then Klopp will have achieved what must surely have been our main aim this season.
It speaks volumes you're not bothered about being knocked out. Loser mentality. Sad to see Liverpool turn out that way.

And for the record United injury free? You really have no idea. Bailly ligaments, Valencia with a broken arm, Shaw hamstring, Mkhitaryan thigh.. long term injuries off top of my head.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Jesus you really talk a lot of hyperbolic bollocks at times, you invent or exaggerate playing up to your forum acolytes who then swoon at the feet of their 'master'. Yes I did say I thought we had cover in most positions for a squad that had no Euro football (did I ever say two for each - quite obviously I didn't, so find the quote otherwise it proves the bollocks I said you spout at times, and neither, in relation to our squad, did I post that other shite you've made up. Do you write fiction as a profession) ? However I, like most, didn't expect to see so many of our better players out, missing or injured around the same time, and no matter how much you try to talk that down (in your other response) it clearly coincides with our poor run and with 9 games in 30 days.
Bloody hell, is there a Liverpool fan who reacts as badly to having their viewpoint challenged as you? Stop being so precious. The schoolgirl act is unbecoming of a gentleman of your age.

But yes I'm making up shite. I mean there's plenty of 'great' posts to pick from but you claiming that LFC have a strong squad and decent cover in almost every position pretty much takes the prize:
Actually I think that 'squad-wise' is one of our strengths with decent cover in almost every position (bar LB)
There's plenty of other posts where you jump down people's throats for suggesting that maybe the Liverpool squad isn't good enough to sustain a meaningful challenge for honours. Or where you put someone down for simply suggesting that fatigue would likely take its toll on a weak squad as the fixtures stacked up. Yet now you're sitting here using the fixtures as an excuse for failure and pretending you're relieved to have crashed out of the cups. Go figure.

I'm not even saying you're wrong but there are clear inconsistencies in your posts, especially now some chickens have come home to roost. It's pretty obvious that some of the doubts levelled at LFC by United fans had more than a degree of truth (in fact RedCafe more often than not calls it spot on with Liverpool). Yet you consistently put them down, labelling the posters biased or stupid, telling them it's wishful thinking, or other pompous nonsense.

In short, lighten up, learn to laugh at yourself, realise that not every LFC criticism is bias, and stop acting like a child.

Djemba-Djemba

Bottom line is United have been nearly injury free. Next ......

Nah. I'll add some more because your post is worthy of a proper response.

Did you not see my ratings above ? I gave Klopp Nul Point, Zero, for Wolves. I most certainly am not going easy on him. Some of his team selections and in-game substitutions have been horrible and poorly thought out. In my opinion as a layman of course. He's a fantastic manager - but he's having a terrible time this January. Every manager has these periods I guess.

I'm not too disappointed at being out of the two cups actually. Yes, I'd like to have seen a United vs. Liverpool final, it would make great theatre. And as a selfish fan another match or two is always great. However having only the PL to concentrate on can only be good for our CL slot chances and if we make one of them then Klopp will have achieved what must surely have been our main aim this season.
That sort of mentality is why you've won almost nothing for the last 11 years.

Mindhunter

Bloody hell, is there a Liverpool fan who reacts as badly to having their viewpoint challenged as you? Stop being so precious. The schoolgirl act is unbecoming of a gentleman of your age.

But yes I'm making up shite. I mean there's plenty of 'great' posts to pick from but you claiming that LFC have a strong squad and decent cover in almost every position pretty much takes the prize:

There's plenty of other posts where you jump down people's throats for suggesting that maybe the Liverpool squad isn't good enough to sustain a meaningful challenge for honours. Or where you put someone down for simply suggesting that fatigue would likely take its toll on a weak squad as the fixtures stacked up. Yet now you're sitting here using the fixtures as an excuse for failure and pretending you're relieved to have crashed out of the cups. Go figure.

I'm not even saying you're wrong but there are clear inconsistencies in your posts, especially now some chickens have come home to roost. It's pretty obvious that some of the doubts levelled at LFC by United fans had more than a degree of truth (in fact RedCafe more often than not calls it spot on with Liverpool). Yet you consistently put them down, labelling the posters biased or stupid, telling them it's wishful thinking, or other pompous nonsense.

In short, lighten up, learn to laugh at yourself, realise that not every LFC criticism is bias, and stop acting like a child.
Excellent post. I doubt whether it will really change him though. This is going in the same direction as They.Are.Worried.

Vanrouge

337 posts. You are a mere babe. And not a very intelligent one it seems - I may live in Shanghai but I'm hardly a plastic being from Liverpool (we are called E X P A T R I A T E S, look it up).
While I agree that as-95 was out of line, the idea that someone who posts infrequently is a "mere babe" is completely off base. I've been a member here since 2004, yet I've posted very little. You know why? I'm curious about what others think and I don't particularly need to hear the sound of my own voice.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Digest this from 2nd Jan onwards (not you personally per se, but maybe others):

Sunderland 2-2 Liverpool (D)
Liverpool 0-0 Plymouth (D)
Southampton 1-0 Liverpool (L)
Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool - Yes At Old Trafford!! :wenger: (D)
Plymouth 0-1 Liverpool (W)
Liverpool 2-3 Swansea (L)
Liverpool 0-1 Southampton (L)
Liverpool 1-2 Wolves (L)

That's 8 gmes of pure tumescent shit from us. Unadulterated filth. 8 games where Swansea, Wolves, Southampton went to town on our asses. And the rest had an easy ride, including Plymouth.

And who is there slap bang in the middle of that poor run? Utd. What did they achieve against the likes of Lovren, Can, Trent Arnold and Klavan? The same thing Plymouth did. At the Threatre of Dreams. And you're happy with a point because some fans here will quote "form goes out of the window in these games, blah blah". 8 games of unrecognisable crap we have been wading through.
I like how you're mocking that poster for being happy with that draw while simultaneously seemingly gloating about a draw against United. Well done you, well done Liverpool. Even your wins these days are moral and ultimately pointless (and not even wins anymore).

Also, I should add that most people here were very disappointed with just a draw vs Liverpool.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's bizarre. I understand to an extent if you're Barcelona who win bigger trophies all the time or us in our dominant period, but for most clubs winning any trophy means a lot let alone one like the fa cup.

And like you say one reason why clubs like united and Barcelona have been so dominant is because their hunger to win doesn't keep fluctuating. It's pretty much always there.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Also, I should add that most people here were very disappointed with just a draw vs Liverpool.
I think everyone was disappointed. After the OT match a poster here made a good point that a win each at the home and away matches would've been better for both our clubs.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Hey, I am disappointed, especially since we were so awful. If we were outplayed by say, Spurs I'd say fair play, but we were utter tosh.

Rafateria

So in other words, yes you were making it up with hyperbolic bollocks when you claimed I said we have two players to cover every first teamer.

If I was wrong in my assertion that the squad was strong enough to cover, and now with proof I concede it can't, that isn't an 'inconsistency', I'm not flip-flopping, I have accepted my initial appraisal was wrong, does that not show a greater level of maturity than those who can't acknowledge or accept either their own or another teams (as is the case with many on here) deficiencies or conversely their opposition's strengths ? Didn't nearly 75% of RedCafe think United would win the league pre-season and many forecast Liverpool would finish 7th or 8th ? And some still do believe (that United can win the PL). We can all get it wrong.

I still don't think fatigue due to tactics will be an issue this season - and you can't say it is yet because the stats (distance covered), not the results per se, proves otherwise. You don't run further if you are fatigued is a simple and undeniable fact. However, mental tiredness due to a greatly reduced first team caused by injuries and absence and then 9 games in 30 days is a dystopian scenario (for a small squad) nobody could have foreseen and is not what I was referring to when saying fatigue won't be an issue, IMHO, this season.

Calling out bias ? Well that's an obvious one, you'd be surprised not to see it on any forum, calling people stupid ? I don't do that (well maybe once but he is a pure wum not interested in debate just slander - you though make a habit of it of implying it without actually stating it). Anyway, why is it we only see you in any Liverpool thread when we have a bad day (week, month) ? You are notable by your absence when for the opposition everything is rosy.

Last edited:

Rafateria

It speaks volumes you're not bothered about being knocked out. Loser mentality. Sad to see Liverpool turn out that way.

And for the record United injury free? You really have no idea. Bailly ligaments, Valencia with a broken arm, Shaw hamstring, Mkhitaryan thigh.. long term injuries off top of my head.
Wumming again - you are quite adept at that in your short reign on the Caf. As for the injuries, they didn't happen at the same time and you have a much much deeper squad to cover, as many on here are always claiming, the best in the league and most expensive in history. In no way have your absentees been comparable, just for example look at the recent United vs Liverpool match where we were 5 first teamers under strength and United at full strength.

Rafateria

Ridiculous comment. Fancy you and TheReligion believing anything a fan thinks or feels can influence a club. Or maybe you just give credence to Jung's Theory of Synchronicity.

Last edited:

montpelier

So, Rafa & other LFC posters. Is it fair to say that you would think Liverpool ought to regroup now & are (easily?) good enough to secure a CL place?

And are the Redcafe people thinking LFC will definitely drop out or that it's 50/50 because of how competitive it is between the 6 (or 5) teams.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The nature of these Liverpool threads has changed a lot since I joined the Caf. Here's basically all you need:

:lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What a difference a month or so makes.

Rafateria

It's bizarre. I understand to an extent if you're Barcelona who win bigger trophies all the time or us in our dominant period, but for most clubs winning any trophy means a lot let alone one like the fa cup.

And like you say one reason why clubs like united and Barcelona have been so dominant is because their hunger to win doesn't keep fluctuating. It's pretty much always there.
The FAC has lost a lot of it's luster as has the LC, which although always #3 was given more relevance than it is today. Liverpool were just one of many clubs that put weakened teams this weekend because not every club has a squad as deep as United's to rely on if things go wrong and players are injured/red-carded in FAC matches. The fact is undeniable, if you want your club to be relevant, to be able to attract better players and challenge for the PL, or even just Top 4, given the level of competition today, then you need to be in that Top 4. The FAC and LC have therefore lost the level of importance they used to have. For us fans winning a trophy is great but for the clubs survival, be it at the top of the league or the bottom, is far more important (I even saw the same with Brighton losing to Lincoln, making the PL is worth so much nowadays). In that context LFC being out of both cups gives added impetus to our challenge for Top 4.

montpelier

It also just crossed my mind that Jurgen might be somewhat unimpressed by the quality of his young lads coming through - presumably he was told at some stage how great they were or he might have gotten in a couple of more bodies at the start, probably. Only TAA is just about ready really, I'd say it's still too soon for Woodburn - possibly not ability, the diving little scrote does look a decent prospect but is only just out of school isn't it? Notwithstanding that he probably last went to school in about 2014, obviously - :D.

Rafateria

So, Rafa & other LFC posters. Is it fair to say that you would think Liverpool ought to regroup now & are (easily?) good enough to secure a CL place?

And are the Redcafe people thinking LFC will definitely drop out or that it's 50/50 because of how competitive it is between the 6 (or 5) teams.
Your second sentence applies to every team in the Top 6 bar Chelsea I'd say. For LFC and CFC no Euro football and having got many of the Top 6 away matches out of the way gives them an edge, but as with every season injuries and fatigue (not that I believe LFC's tactics are relevant in that context) are important factors. The remaining schedule could be a major factor this season with so many head to heads in the last month or so.

montpelier

Your second sentence applies to every team in the Top 6 bar Chelsea I'd say. For LFC and CFC no Euro football and having got many of the Top 6 away matches out of the way gives them an edge, but as with every season injuries and fatigue (not that I believe LFC's tactics are relevant in that context) are important factors. The remaining schedule could be a major factor this season with so many head to heads in the last month or so.
Seems fair to me, :).

Rafateria

It also just crossed my mind that Jurgen might be somewhat unimpressed by the quality of his young lads coming through - presumably he was told at some stage how great they were or he might have gotten in a couple of more bodies at the start, probably. Only TAA is just about ready really, I'd say it's still too soon for Woodburn - possibly not ability, the diving little scrote does look a decent prospect but is only just out of school isn't it? Notwithstanding that he probably last went to school in about 2014, obviously - :D.
We have some youngsters of real quality but it's always nigh impossible to ssay with any degree of certainty (bar them being an Owen, Gerrard or Fowler) that they can make the 'big step up'. In that context it's always good to see them in a truly competitive match. Even at 17 Woodburn looks like he has something, even though Klopp shouldn't be playing him out of position, he's a striker, a box poacher, not a winger/wing-back. AA looks all over PL quality. Ejaria looks as if he has enough about him but can he move on to the next level ? Others too but with youngsters it's so difficult to predict with any conviction.

Rafateria

BTW I really love that 'Howling Wolf' tagline. Mods - can I have that as my tagline instead of Full Member ?

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Wumming again - you are quite adept at that in your short reign on the Caf. As for the injuries, they didn't happen at the same time and you have a much much deeper squad to cover, as many on here are always claiming, the best in the league and most expensive in history. In no way have your absentees been comparable, just for example look at the recent United vs Liverpool match where we were 5 first teamers under strength and United at full strength.
They did happen at the same time though, two of our first-team defenders were injured and then one of the replacements was injured.And stop going on about injuries being worse for you then us, if you haven't got a deep enough squad to cover injuries then that makes Liverpool vastly inferior, one facet of football is having a strong enough substitute team for when your mains get injured, reliance on a core 11 is stupid.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yep agreed with you there. At least I hope he can see clearly now and get some decent players.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
So in other words, yes you were making it up with hyperbolic bollocks when you claimed I said we have two players to cover every first teamer.
Now you're just making straw men because you've been caught out. That's not what I claimed you said is it? I know you're prone to making outlandish claims about LFC but not even you are daft enough to claim to have three decent players in every position. Has any squad in the history of football had that i.e. 33 top players. What is clear is that you said you had decent cover for almost every position and that the squad depth was a strength of the club. Which was utter bollocks back then and even more evident now.

If I was wrong in my assertion that the squad was strong enough to cover, and now with proof I concede it can't, that isn't an 'inconsistency', I'm not flip-flopping, I have accepted my initial appraisal was wrong, does that not show a greater level of maturity than those who can't acknowledge or accept either their own or another teams (as is the case with many on here) deficiencies or conversely their opposition's strengths ? Didn't nearly 75% of RedCafe think United would win the league pre-season and many forecast Liverpool would finish 7th or 8th ? And some still do believe (that United can win the PL). We can all get it wrong.
Actually you're only admitting you were wrong now you've been called out. The last few pages have been you pompously telling people stuff like "as I've said all along..."

That's why you deserve to be called out. It's not that you're wrong, that's fine, it's the way that you're wrong. Well done for admitting you were wrong though. Progress.

I still don't think fatigue due to tactics will be an issue this season - and you can't say it is yet because the stats (distance covered), not the results per se, proves otherwise. You don't run further if you are fatigued is a simple and undeniable fact. However, mental tiredness due to a greatly reduced first team caused by injuries and absence and then 9 games in 30 days is a dystopian scenario (for a small squad) nobody could have foreseen and is not what I was referring to when saying fatigue won't be an issue, IMHO, this season.
So fatigue won't be an issue but you're complaining about fixtures (which have been the same for everybody playing in the same competitions), and pretending to be happy to exit the cups? It doesn't add up. You clearly do think fatigue is or will be an issue if you're so worried about it that you'd happily forgo some tangible success (though I suspect this is just more bullshit). You're tying yourself up in knots here.

You also make 9 games in 30 days sound like it's some unprecedented gauntlet of fixtures. It's two games a week! Bread and butter in the modern game. One longterm injury (Coutinho) and a couple of AFCON absentees is hardly a crisis either. Especially when two of those should've been planned for.

Calling out bias ? Well that's an obvious one, you'd be surprised not to see it on any forum, calling people stupid ? I don't do that (well maybe once but he is a pure wum not interested in debate just slander - you though make a habit of it of implying it without actually stating it). Anyway, why is it we only see you in any Liverpool thread when we have a bad day (week, month) ? You are notable by your absence when for the opposition everything is rosy
Haha, that really is funny considering most of the caf dippers go into hiding after poor results and (outside the few guys who front up) these threads basically die a death until the official PR line has been formulated. Which this time seems to be "I'm happy we're completely f*cking up our season and throwing away any chance at silverware, because of fixtures and fatigue, but I'm definitely not worried about too many fixtures and fatigue, or something"

Unlike the caf dippers I'm here rain or shine. I have also given your side and Klopp lots of (maybe too much) credit this season. It is much funnier watching people like you squirm when your bullshit unravels though. Guilty. :)

TheReligion

Abusive
Short reign on the Caf? I've been here since 2006 which is 3 years longer than yourself. Stop posting such claptrap and actually back up what you're saying.

You say United have had no injuries then get resoundingly proved wrong. They have infact had more long term issues than Liverpool. You then complain about squads and how much money has been spent. Well guess what. You could afford your new stand so who's fault is it your squad is as thin as the paper in Uncle Rafa's notebook?

2 years Klopp has had.

TheReligion

Abusive
They did happen at the same time though, two of our first-team defenders were injured and then one of the replacements was injured.And stop going on about injuries being worse for you then us, if you haven't got a deep enough squad to cover injuries then that makes Liverpool vastly inferior, one facet of football is having a strong enough substitute team for when your mains get injured, reliance on a core 11 is stupid.
Ultimately Klopp has gambled that they weren't in Europe so could get away with a thin squad. Must have been to save money as most managers in their second season would be in the mid process of transforming their squad not putting a block on this.

I can only presume the club has limited resources. Either that or Klopp has made a massive misjudgement.

NinjaFletch

Doubt its a real Liverpool fan but I could happily get behind this campaign like all their lot got behind Giggsy for manager. Only difference between us and them is they're probably daft enough to do it.

TheReligion

Abusive
Any Liverpool fan who is not bothered about being out of every cup in January is a liar.

Surely Liverpool's brief this season was push for top 4 and secure a domestic trophy, especially after losing two finals last term and having no European competition to distract.