Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Hes done exceptionally well and got every ounce out of what he has, he needs backing in the summer, we need wingers, a Lallana backup/rotation, a CB a LB and possibly a striker. I still think I've missed something there too.
He needs a goalie. Has cost Liverpool too many times this season.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
It is up to Fenway now, you just know that United, Citeh and Chelsea will spend like drunk sailors to assert their place at the top of this reinvigorated PL, it is up to the owners of Liverpool to keep up.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Don't think united will go mad this summer in terms of numbers.

Reckon three players will come in. Likely three top quality ones.

Be very surprised if united aren't challengers next season.

Kostur

海尔的老板
:D:D:D you've got better players than them overall though
Yeah no doubt about that but they are overall pretty mediocre imo, Klopp's had enough time/transfer windows to get proper replacements and thus far he failed to do it I'd say. They're still fecked in the GK position, they've got mediocre defence (and lack numbers, Lucas Leiva's playing a CB for them, let that sink in), their midfield is okay-ish and their attack seems to be okay when they are on fire. Taking into consideration that they don't have any Europe games, I really don't know if they're doing that well in the league.

Last season it was feck the league, go Europa and they failed at it. This year it's no cups and they're nowhere near challenging for the title and they're nowhere near guaranteed that they'll indeed stay in top 4 come end of the season. They might as well finish 6th with no cups whatsoever which would be a travesty.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
It is up to Fenway now, you just know that United, Citeh and Chelsea will spend like drunk sailors to assert their place at the top of this reinvigorated PL, it is up to the owners of Liverpool to keep up.
Very true - but sadly I think I know how they're going to respond. It will take an almighty shift in policy for them to change at this stage.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Klopp's had enough time/transfer windows to get proper replacements and thus far he failed to do it I'd say. They're still fecked in the GK position
Not really Klopp's fault tbh. Karius was very highly regarded in Germany and most Liverpool fans were very happy when they bought him. He has not delivered so far, while Mignolet has (to my complete surprise) stepped up his game.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not really Klopp's fault tbh. Karius was very highly regarded in Germany and most Liverpool fans were very happy when they bought him. He has not delivered so far, while Mignolet has (to my complete surprise) stepped up his game.
You know that it was reported just yesterday that Klopp wants to axe Minge just to get Hart?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@Kostur they're not mediocre, they're good and klopp has them performing at their very best. They went through a bad patch for a number of reasons, but they are still very much in the race for top 4 and not far from building a team capable of winning the title

Morpheus 7

They do get up for the big games, probably lose to leicester in there next team.They are like a cup team without being able to win any of them.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
You know that it was reported just yesterday that Klopp wants to axe Minge just to get Hart?
I really don't understand the reasoning behind that.

I mean, it's not as if Hart would be doing way better than what Mignolet currently is. We already know Hart's ceiling. It's good but not world class.

He might as well put Karius back in goal and pray that he improves.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I really don't understand the reasoning behind that.

I mean, it's not as if Hart would be doing way better than what Mignolet currently is. We already know Hart's ceiling. It's good but not world class.

He might as well put Karius back in goal and pray that he improves.
Yeah, that's my point. He still hasn't sorted the GK situation out, for my liking the whole debate between him and Karius against Neville, dropping Karius just to let another flop (who's from time to time able to pull out a world class save) is like saying 'yeah Neville, you were right'. If Hart comes back, it will be the same shit. Couple of good saves and an inevitable flop by Hart at the very wost moment, he isn't really setting Serie A alight, is he?

@giorno Let's put it that way, if they fail to get into top 4 this season, you think he'll stay? I think he might as well go, either by him just giving up or KFC sacking him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@giorno Let's put it that way, if they fail to get into top 4 this season, you think he'll stay? I think he might as well go, either by him just giving up or KFC sacking him.
Don't think Klopp will leave on his own, unless the relationship with FSG breaks down. As for them 'murricans sacking him...don't think so, but i guess it would depend on how he fails. I mean, there's a difference with missing top 4 with more than 75 points, or missing it with less than 65. Right now he's on pace to finish on 74 points, which would be just about what his players are worth, imho

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He needs a goalie. Has cost Liverpool too many times this season.
Aye, thats the one. I cant see Karius being let go and rightly, I'd like mignolet upgraded but given we keep starting him im not even sure that will happen!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah exactly the bush i've been beating, the funds are there now and FSG have to deliver, its a make or break summer for them.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Were Liverpool good or Spurs bad?
We were back to our October best (not surprising as we've finally got our October players back and injury/fatigue free at last) but Poch was crap today. As soon as I saw a midfield of Dembele, Wanyama, Son, Erickson and Alli my first question was: who the f*ck is going to stop us swarming all over them? All of those players are notorious non-chaser-backers. Have they not seen our first XI before or something? Poor Ben Davies was left to fall on his sword.

Ban

We were back to our October best (not surprising as we've finally got our October players back and injury/fatigue free at last) but Poch was crap today. As soon as I saw a midfield of Dembele, Wanyama, Son, Erickson and Alli my first question was: who the f*ck is going to stop us swarming all over them? All of those players are notorious non-chaser-backers. Have they not seen our first XI before or something? Poor Ben Davies was left to fall on his sword.
Typical Spurs.
It will be a fierce battle for top 4 it seems. :)

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
We looked the most energetic we have in ages. I think the combination of 11 games in a month + a paper thin squad really affected us in January. With one game a week for the rest of the season, fourth is realistic and would be a satisfactory season.

montpelier

Spurs's defensive strategy was based somewhere between non-existent & suicidal. Useful for the LFC confidence & belief to come flooding back though, unfortunately.

16 days till the next game apparently.

Peanut Butter

Pool deserved to win today but you can't judge them on these games.

Remember how under FSW they would also raise their games for Utd, Arsenal etc but usually drop points to the shite teams?

Nothing has changed. Except that they are in a better position in the league than we are - that's the harsh truth.

Long way to go yet mind you.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
They really need to take their chances better. Spurs have gotten points this season before with worse performances. Numerous times Liverpool were left exposed at the back after wasting a chance up front. Long ball to Kane who beats Lucas in the air and it's 3 on 3.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Manè scored both goals. But I feel the whole team performed better yesterday

One thing I'll say. Its not a one man team. It's a 3 man team.

If we don't have the front three of Manè, Firmino, Coutinho. We lose. There's no other variation of this front three that works.

Oh what's that? You want to play Manè Firmino and Origi? NOPE! Doesn't work. Oh what about Coutinho, Firmino, Origi?
NOPE! Not today buddy!

It's one way and one way only. If it isn't those front three, it won't work.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
The major difference Mane makes is that he has the actual ability to finish a counterattack unlike these other technically or athleticallly inept scrubs that tried to put away the game against United. Liverpool still kept the undefeated record against the top 6 since January. They cannot break down a bus. That´s the problem. Obvioulsy Tottenham was super nice, aka tactically inept, to just open shop for Liverpool early.

montpelier

The Plan B they need vs. ''the bus parkers'' is a better defence. Folks are falling for this myth that the opposition is being terribly unfair when facing a vastly superior & really great Liverpool team. The only real examples of results I've just found that fit this narrative would seem to be..

(I've ignored Plymouth & Wolves because LFC fielded weakened teams)

so they are or might be

Hull - 0-2 last week, well done for conceding twice

Utd - twice allegedly, Klopp talking bollocks as per, certainly about the OT game anyway

Southampton - both League Cup semis - but Southampton should have won the first leg by more
Southampton away Lge game - can't remember game, it was a 0-0

Burnley - I'm still saying freak result, LFC had plenty of chances, Burnley defending was heroic / desperate / lucky in the extreme, and again well done to LFC for conceding twice

LFC are top scorers in the Division

they've put 5 past Burton (LC), 4 past Leicester, 3 past Derby (LC), 5 past Hull, 4 past Palace, 6 past Watford, 3 past Bournemouth, 3 past Middlesbro & 4 past Stoke - Plan A seems to be working pretty well then

the other supposed bad defeats & draws to the nasty teams not wanting to play properly - Swansea 2-3, Bournemouth 3-4, Sunderland 2-2, West Ham 2-2

looks like a story they're spinning to me

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Manè scored both goals. But I feel the whole team performed better yesterday

One thing I'll say. Its not a one man team. It's a 3 man team.

If we don't have the front three of Manè, Firmino, Coutinho. We lose. There's no other variation of this front three that works.

Oh what's that? You want to play Manè Firmino and Origi? NOPE! Doesn't work. Oh what about Coutinho, Firmino, Origi?
NOPE! Not today buddy!

It's one way and one way only. If it isn't those front three, it won't work.
Agree

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The Plan B they need vs. ''the bus parkers'' is a better defence. Folks are falling for this myth that the opposition is being terribly unfair when facing a vastly superior & really great Liverpool team. The only real examples of results I've just found that fit this narrative would seem to be..

(I've ignored Plymouth & Wolves because LFC fielded weakened teams)

so they are or might be

Hull - 0-2 last week, well done for conceding twice

Utd - twice allegedly, Klopp talking bollocks as per, certainly about the OT game anyway

Southampton - both League Cup semis - but Southampton should have won the first leg by more
Southampton away Lge game - can't remember game, it was a 0-0

Burnley - I'm still saying freak result, LFC had plenty of chances, Burnley defending was heroic / desperate / lucky in the extreme, and again well done to LFC for conceding twice

LFC are top scorers in the Division

they've put 5 past Burton (LC), 4 past Leicester, 3 past Derby (LC), 5 past Hull, 4 past Palace, 6 past Watford, 3 past Bournemouth, 3 past Middlesbro & 4 past Stoke - Plan A seems to be working pretty well then

the other supposed bad defeats & draws to the nasty teams not wanting to play properly - Swansea 2-3, Bournemouth 3-4, Sunderland 2-2, West Ham 2-2

looks like a story they're spinning to me
The problem he ran into at Dortmund was that his plan A only works really well when everyone is fit and playing at 100%. So obviously he faced consistency problems when CL fixtures/injuries entered the mix.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
The problem he ran into at Dortmund was that his plan A only works really well when everyone is fit and playing at 100%. So obviously he faced consistency problems when CL fixtures/injuries entered the mix.
Exactly the same at Liverpool. Their points tally dramatically drops when the fixture list is busy.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Just read this... Obviously a few variables but with Leicesters form and Burnley probably getting through the next FA Cup round, this is not impossible

"Just seen that the Leicester game could well be postponed, meaning our next game won't be for 3 weeks - when we play Arsenal at Anfield.

If Leicester draw the game in the FA Cup next Saturday at Millwall, then they'll need a replay on Feb 28 or Mar 1st, meaning they can't play us on the Monday night game (27th).

Instead of just bringing it back to the Saturday (25th) it seems that they're more likely to postpone it.

And with the Burnley game on March 12th almost certainly being cancelled, assuming Burnley get past non-league Lincoln in the FA Cup, then it could mean that between now and playing Man.City on March 19th we only have 1 game. That's 1 game in the next 35 days!"

ObelOitment Fungentula

Supports
Liverpool
We looked the most energetic we have in ages. I think the combination of 11 games in a month + a paper thin squad really affected us in January. With one game a week for the rest of the season, fourth is realistic and would be a satisfactory season.
Yep, and the fact that we had three of our most important players in Matip, Coutinho and Mane missing for one reason or another or regaining fitness and form after a lay-off. I said on here before the season's start that we'd finished 5th, so I'd obviously be happy with 4th place and the hope of CL football next year. The title was never a reality with the squad we have.

Also, I have to say, the 'one Mane team' title and comments here are both wrong and slightly amusing coming from fans of a club who, despite having the most expensive squad ever in world football, would be sitting below Everton but for the goals from Ibrahimovic.

Dante

Average bang
Yep, and the fact that we had three of our most important players in Matip, Coutinho and Mane missing for one reason or another or regaining fitness and form after a lay-off.

Also, I have to say, the 'one Mane team' title and comments here are both wrong and slightly amusing coming from fans of a club who, despite having the most expensive squad ever in world football, would be sitting below Everton but for the goals from Ibrahimovic.
We'd also be bottom of the league but for the saves from De Gea.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Yep, and the fact that we had three of our most important players in Matip, Coutinho and Mane missing for one reason or another or regaining fitness and form after a lay-off.

Erh... Ibra's slated on here because he's missed sitters that would take us to within a couple of points off Chelsea...

As for Liverpool, I think the three man team comment is probably fair. Apart from the first choice front three, none of the attacking players are good enough, which really makes Liverpool much easier to defend against when one or more of those are missing.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not sure it's just the front 3 tbh. We had those 3 playing last week but had Can on instead if Wijnaldum. Can slows the play right down and Henderson/Lallana don't look as comfortable next to him as they do with Gini.

Henderson can sit deeper with Wijnaldum pushing forward and Lallana running around behind the front three as well.
If those 6 started every single game, we'd be fine scoring wise but take any one of them out and we look weaker.

Henderson and Wijnaldum are by no means great playes individually but they do a great job in a good side that needs them

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I'm not sure it's just the front 3 tbh. We had those 3 playing last week but had Can on instead if Wijnaldum. Can slows the play right down and Henderson/Lallana don't look as comfortable next to him as they do with Gini.

Henderson can sit deeper with Wijnaldum pushing forward and Lallana running around behind the front three as well.
If those 6 started every single game, we'd be fine scoring wise but take any one of them out and we look weaker.

Henderson and Wijnaldum are by no means great playes individually but they do a great job in a good side that needs them
Wijnaldum is actually looking like a decent player I must admit.