Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Wonder if everyone on here spells gegenpress wrong for lulz, or if you just don't have a clue how to write it.
Gangnam press was funny though :)
I always read it as gangnam style and picture them all riding Firmino.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Messi will basically pick their next coach and messi Loves sampoli. Then you have Koeman, pochettino and even Valverde or Enrique's assistant unzue. No way klopp goes there. Dont think there is any legs in this one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh the laughs we'd have if he went there, just after whetting their appetite of what he "could achieve" if he could bring "his players" in.

It'd be unbelievable scenes.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
on a completely different matter, is there a comprehensive list of all the titles this thread has had over time, preferably with date-stamp? Might be fun to review (Stephen Hawking, a short history of Klopp) :D

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I reckon he would go crazy after one month there with all the decisions in Madrid's favour, considering he can't stop talking about an offside goal that happened more than a month ago.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I hope we play them second game of the season next time around, and beat them at anfield in the 9th minute of extra time, scored by an offside Zlatan, using his hand after being given 2 yellow cards and not sent off.

His head would explode and he'd be fecked for the rest of the season.
Tbf many a caf head would explode in those circumstances if this happened to us. Your scenario does not highlight Klopp as a special case...

The Hacker

He won't go. He likes being the underdog. If he is ever the favourite he won't know what to do.

Wayne's World

He'd be still talking about that "offside goal against United" in his pre-match press-conference for an El Clasico match the twat

ti vu

Messi must be shitting himself. Nowadays he ain't the hardest worker of the team. How can he gengenpress?

LOL

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
He would've been the manager of Barcelona and Brazil already anyway....

...if it wasn't for United scoring that offside goal.

stepic

Surely a title change should be for concrete rumours, not obvious bs in the mirror

Treble_Winning

Why is Klopp in the running for the Barcelona job? His results at Liverpool have been far from stellar, and moreover, his tactical approach is totally at odds with Barcelona's. Can you imagine Barcelona playing the gegen-press? It would be totally out of character for them, and they are a club that values their philosophy.

I can't see it happening, because firstly Klopp hasn't done enough to earn the Barcelona job. I would not be surprised if they gave it to Emery.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Like others have said, I can't see Klopp suiting Barcelona, great manager though.

I had the same idea. Koeman is a former player in Barcelona and has won a lot win them. Is familiar with their "culture" and he's actually been quite successfull recently as a manager and has a coaching style that could suit them.
I've always considered Koeman to be quite a defensive manager, personally I'd be surprised if Barcelona went for him, despite the fact I rate him quite highly, I can't see him playing the expansive open football Barcelona would require. I've only seen him at Southampton and Everton though, so he might have more strings to his bow.

I hope the trend is bucked.
How come?

RedMaestro

Like others have said, I can't see Klopp suiting Barcelona, great manager though.

I've always considered Koeman to be quite a defensive manager, personally I'd be surprised if Barcelona went for him, despite the fact I rate him quite highly, I can't see him playing the expansive open football Barcelona would require. I've only seen him at Southampton and Everton though, so he might have more strings to his bow.

How come?
Well, I actually thought the opposite. I always thought that he's an attacking manager who likes to control the game with possession. But Everton and Southampton aren't clubs where he could use these tactics to its fullest extent, so he used another part that he's good at also, the defence.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

How come?
I don't want the club to give Koeman the job. He's not the man for the job, hasn't done well relatively speaking in Spain judging by his time with Valencia. I acknowledge his career has changed in the last decade but his time with Valencia was Gary Neville like in the league. I'd like somebody who has done well in La Liga; Sampaoi, my first choice, and Valverde fit that bill.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Well, I actually thought the opposite. I always thought that he's an attacking manager who likes to control the game with possession. But Everton and Southampton aren't clubs where he could use these tactics to its fullest extent, so he used another part that he's good at also, the defence.
I don't want the club to give Koeman the job. He's not the man for the job, hasn't done well relatively speaking in Spain judging by his time with Valencia. I acknowledge his career has changed in the last decade but his time with Valencia was Gary Neville like in the league. I'd like somebody who has done well in La Liga; Sampaoi, my first choice, and Valverde fit that bill.
Can't disagree with either of you, good points.

Sampaoli would certainly be a good choice, as would Valverde.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Can you imagine Barcelona playing the gegen-press? It would be totally out of character for them, and they are a club that values their philosophy.
Actually, it wouldn't be out of character at all.

Klopp is definitely an upgrade over Lucho. We haven't forgotten what he did with Dortmund yet.

Irrational.

Klopp is too small-time to be managing a club of the stature of Barcelona. His reputation is built entirely upon managing the "plucky little side" that dared to defy their underdog status. No disrespect to Liverpool, but he had the option to pretty much manage any club in world football before joining them, and he chose to manage a side that hasn't won anything of significance since 2005.

He lacks the mentality to manage a club with the same level of expectation as Barca. The man would crumble. You only have to look at this season to see that he falls apart the closer he gets to the top.

Smacky The Frog

Klopp is a very good manager, but he relishes the role of the (relative) underdog, the saviour, the man of the people - that's basically his whole shtick. He'd instantly lose that if he left Liverpool for Barcelona.

Plus, the pressure will be 10 times higher than at any of his previous jobs. There'll be no honeymoon period, no automatic cult status on the basis of "wacky" interviews, no getting away with celebrating a 2-2 draw against Granada at home by making MSN hold hands, no "heroic" cup final defeats sighted as progress. He'll have to win - and win instantly - to get the players, the board and the fans onside. Barca's absurd run of success over the last decade has covered up the fact that they are as insane, reactionary and melodramatic as Real when things go even slightly wrong, and I don't think any of the choices he's made in his career so far suggest that that sort of environment appeals to Klopp.

He's going to be at Liverpool for a while. They might need him more than he needs them, but he still needs them.

As for Barcelona - the favourite has to be smaller, roided-up Agassi. It's too soon for Koeman, plus he might be a bit too conservative for them as a a manager, and the Wenger suggestion is absurd to the point of being laughable. "Okay, we have major issues in midfield. Who should we hire to fix it? Right, let's get the guy who hasn't sorted his own midfield in 10 years."

Reactions: Varun