Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Bwuk

Away from high being idiot, tactically wise he's really overrated manager tbh.
Agreed. His plan A can be very effective but he has zero plan B.

Can already guarantee when we play them they'll try to press us in our own half and we will hit it long to Lukaku/Rashford/Fellaini and catch them on the counter every time.

They are far too predictable, and have such a poor defence. They'll beat some teams due to their good forwards, but the better sides won't have a issue with them.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The defence is actually worsening. The mistakes and bug chances we give up is unparalleled. Used to confuse the feck out of me, because from a statistical stand point we were on par and exceeded teams from amount of shots given up in open play and expected goals was similar to Spurs. It's got to be the shot locations they appear to be central. I think he'll address it next summer, but it's far too late, and it's negligence of the highest order.

Dreary me, Moreno was the best defender in our back line tonight and he almost got sent off!! :houllier:

el3mel

Agreed. His plan A can be very effective but he has zero plan B.

Can already guarantee when we play them they'll try to press us in our own half and we will hit it long to Lukaku/Rashford/Fellaini and catch them on the counter every time.

They are far too predictable, and have such a poor defence. They'll beat some teams due to their good forwards, but the better sides won't have a issue with them.
Yep. I have found his reading of the game and subs really useless. He has one routine plan of high pressing but I'm struggling to find any other deep tactics he has done for them so far.

I don't think he'll survive much in any other big club who cares about trophies.

Bwuk

Yep. I have found his reading of the game and subs really useless. He has one routine plan of high pressing but I'm struggling to find any other deep tactics he has done for them so far.

I don't think he'll survive much in any other big club who cares about trophies.
Good thing he's at Liverpool then.

Shuriken

Here's something to give you all nightmares tonight

The solution to Klopp's yellow mouth is so obvious. He just needs to ask Firmino where he bleached his teeth.

That way Klopp can continue enjoying dem ciggies and black coffees. Although he clearly doesn't give a shit about it now anyway, hence why they're starting to turn brown.

Makky

What have I/we done? Familiar sounding victim mentality at play. Grow up you clown.

Sylar

So the thing about Klopp, what has he actually done to improve the defence? I mean overall, I look at what cost Liverpool the league under Brendan and it was their struggles to keep it tight at the back or clean sheets towards the end. It was a we'll score more than you (until that stopped working).

But for now, since hes come in, hes signed:
Matip, Clyne, Gomes, Robertson... who else? Caulker on loan?

Whats strangest is that last season he deemed Moreno not good enough after the first game against Arsenal and we saw Milner become LB. But now, whats happened to make Moreno a better choice than Milner?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Away from him being idiot, tactically wise he's really overrated manager tbh.
I think most feel the same way about him.

He's very good at setting up a team and a squad to play in a certain way. It's an entertaining brand of football and can certainly win league titles.

But his record of 1 win and 6 defeats in finals suggests he really doesn't have the nous to negate another team in a single encounter.

@breakout67 I get the feeling with Wenger that he's so dogmatic he only believes in winning 'His way'. With Klopp I genuinely don't think he can coach a team to stop everything they've been doing to play a certain way for just one match to beat one team on one night.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The defence is actually worsening. The mistakes and bug chances we give up is unparalleled. Used to confuse the feck out of me, because from a statistical stand point we were on par and exceeded teams from amount of shots given up in open play and expected goals was similar to Spurs. It's got to be the shot locations they appear to be central. I think he'll address it next summer, but it's far too late, and it's negligence of the highest order.

Dreary me, Moreno was the best defender in our back line tonight and he almost got sent off!! :houllier:
Should have sold Coutinho and bought defenders and a new keeper.

Kostov

Which he?
I meant the Sevilla manager Berizzo.
Berrizo acted like an idiot, throwing the ball away just as a Liverpool player came to pick it up for a throw in (twice). Klopp reacted like most of the Liverpool players and coaches, Berizzo was sent off.
That was the origin of the tension as i understood.

Djemba-Djemba

So the thing about Klopp, what has he actually done to improve the defence? I mean overall, I look at what cost Liverpool the league under Brendan and it was their struggles to keep it tight at the back or clean sheets towards the end. It was a we'll score more than you (until that stopped working).

But for now, since hes come in, hes signed:
Matip, Clyne, Gomes, Robertson... who else? Caulker on loan?

Whats strangest is that last season he deemed Moreno not good enough after the first game against Arsenal and we saw Milner become LB. But now, whats happened to make Moreno a better choice than Milner?
Who he only ever used as a late sub up front to lump the ball up to.

After criticising Jose for being long ball. The hypocritical feck.

Treble

He'll make the top 4 again. Can't compete for the title with that defense unless they break all scoring records.

Robbie Boy

Klopp: 131 points from his first 72 league games in charge of Liverpool - Rodgers: 138 from his first 72. Rodgers >>>> Klopp, for sure.

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me
What is difficult to understand is the problems with Liverpool's defence seem easy to fix?
Ideally; first choice, require a very good Goalkeeper, CB and sitting midfielder; second choice, make do with keeper, required good CB and sitting midfielder; third option, if sitting midfielder reduces attacking potential, just go for a good CB?
'Easy peasey' Jurgen!
"Oh and sort the zonal marking thing" -my Liverpool mate asks me to include! (just in case Herr Klopp logs in?)

Kapardin

Klopp is a nearly man. Always close to the finish line, but stops short of it. He has a team that, with a few defensive additions, can really go places. He also doesn't seem to be completely ignorant of exactly what is wrong with the defense, but is reluctant to fix it. It must be baffling for Liverpool fans.

Its' not just personnel. Tactically, he doesn't make compromises on all-out attack to ensure a defensive balance. Even if he gets van Dijk or someone like that next summer, the way he sets the team up, I think they will still concede quite a bit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You simply cannot take a coach that can't organise a defence seriously.
It's one of football's basics.
You can't even use timing as an excuse. Their problems are structural.
The fact that the defence kept his Dortmund side close to the relegation zone for more than half a season also suggests the problem lies with him.

Bwuk

I have no idea why he persists with Lovren.

Not convinced he's any better than Fat Tam who played CB for my sunday league team.

EyeInTheSky

He loves being under the spotlights. Attention seeker.
I was thinking this was along the lines of what you meant otherwise you were a nutter.

He definitely did it for the Cameras and made such a spectacle of it that one can't imagine he was "lost in the moment". To cut a long storey short he is making it almost impossible to be taken as anything but a disingenuous character that is very insecure about himself. He has to make allot of animated gestures and noise to feel secure.

By the way that psychological and body language profile I just did will cost you 5000 bitcoin.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Klopp is a nearly man. Always close to the finish line, but stops short of it. He has a team that, with a few defensive additions, can really go places. He also doesn't seem to be completely ignorant of exactly what is wrong with the defense, but is reluctant to fix it. It must be baffling for Liverpool fans.

Its' not just personnel. Tactically, he doesn't make compromises on all-out attack to ensure a defensive balance. Even if he gets van Dijk or someone like that next summer, the way he sets the team up, I think they will still concede quite a bit.
Sure.

But it's pure conjecture to think that if they neuter their attack to stem the bleeding, then they'll magically ascend to the next level. And no level of park the bus tactics can compensate for brain-dead defending like Lovren displayed yesterday.

I think the tactics are fine, he has one of the best attacking units in the PL, and calls for him to "tone it down" are shortsighted. What he needs are better defenders. Defenders who are good one-on-one, can play in a high line, have the pace to get back quickly, and close off lanes for your run of the mill PL counterattack they seem to be so vulnerable to nowadays.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Sure.

But it's pure conjecture to think that if they neuter their attack to stem the bleeding, then they'll magically ascend to the next level. And no level of park the bus tactics can compensate for brain-dead defending like Lovren displayed yesterday.

I think the tactics are fine, he has one of the best attacking units in the PL, and calls for him to "tone it down" are shortsighted. What he needs are better defenders. Defenders who are good one-on-one, can play in a high line, have the pace to get back quickly, and close off lanes for your run of the mill PL counterattack they seem to be so vulnerable to nowadays.
Agreed.

The fact that we haven't bought better defenders is mind boggling, though. You would think that for the 40m we spent on Ox, we could have gotten a CB significantly better than Lovren for instance.

Jaybomb

Their team is absolutely shocking, Mane aside. And He didn't even look out of place at Southampton.

Lack of world class stars will prevent them from winning the league.

Chelsea have Hazard, Courtois, Luiz, Fabregas, Kante. None of those guys would look out of place at Madrid or Barca.

United have Pogba, Ibra and De Gea.

City have Aguero, KDB, Silva, Kompany. All top class on their day.

And then Liverpool... they have Mane..... And Coutinho who doesn't even wanna be there.

There lies the problem. Lack of quality. You'll never win the league with Henderson/Can/Wijnaldum in midfield. Never.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Their team is absolutely shocking, Mane aside. And He didn't even look out of place at Southampton.

Lack of world class stars will prevent them from winning the league.

Chelsea have Hazard, Courtois, Luiz, Fabregas, Kante. None of those guys would look out of place at Madrid or Barca.

United have Pogba, Ibra and De Gea.

City have Aguero, KDB, Silva, Kompany. All top class on their day.

And then Liverpool... they have Mane..... And Coutinho who doesn't even wanna be there.

There lies the problem. Lack of quality. You'll never win the league with Henderson/Can/Wijnaldum in midfield. Never.
Tottenham is missing from your list. And there's a reason for that. Only Kane would be considered by a sizeable number of people as world class in that team, but they're up there with the rest of the teams you've mentioned. Team synergy and tactics can compensate for a lack of players considered world class. The margins are tighter but it's doable.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Klopp: 131 points from his first 72 league games in charge of Liverpool - Rodgers: 138 from his first 72. Rodgers >>>> Klopp, for sure.
To be fair, this stat isn't a true reflection of his spell imo. He decided to give up the league and focus on the EL in his first season, meaning there were a lot of dropped points where we was picking 40% strong sides in the league. It was comparable to us last season, perhaps more extreme.

Rodgers never had a period like that, his main focus was entirely on the league, and he nearly won it. So I think the stats are warped against Klopp because of that first season run, when they finished 8th(?).

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Tottenham is missing from your list. And there's a reason for that. Only Kane would be considered by a sizeable number of people as world class in that team, but they're up there with the rest of the teams you've mentioned. Team synergy and tactics can compensate for a lack of players considered world class. The margins are tighter but it's doable.
Spurs would also have Alli, Eriksen and Alderwield up there as comparitive players to those mentioned