Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, it is part of an interview he recently gave.

Klopp: “I always wanted to be a football manager. No one asked me at 33. We played a game, we lost the game, and they sacked the manager. The next day I was manager.”

“It starts with a dream. If you deeema and ready to work for it, it’s possible.”

“I really believe in second chances. I had more than two, so I like to give players a chance or two. It starts with a dream. It’s not important to be the best, it’s important to beat the best.”

“My managerial style? I hope no one falls asleep when I answer. The most important skill in life is common sense. I’m not skilled in intelligence, but common sense I take to the highest level.”

“I love to play entertaining football. I rather have someone hit the cross bar than not shoot.”

“I don’t like a victory with 80%. You’re not completely exhausted - it’s a waste of time. I’m not the smartest manager in the world, but maybe the most passionate.”

“Motivation should never be a problem. The best thing you can learn in football is that hard work will pay off. Who am I to tell you what your limit is?”

“In life, it’s not about where do you go. I never dreamed to be the Liverpool manager because it didn’t make sense. It’s about hard work.”

“I will never tell a player he is never good enough. If he is in my team and he’s good enough, it’s then my fault. The defeats are my responsibility and the victories the players’.”

“The best education in football is the game itself.”

“How do I handle conflict? I’m the boss. (Smiles) As the boss of a club, I have a fantastic staff but the final decision is always mine. I don’t expect perfection.”

“Rift with the managers? The dugout on the field is like Las Vegas - what is said in the dugout stays in the dugout. I don’t concentrate on what the other managers are doing. We aren’t divas. You can’t win the game in the dugout.”

“I’m Christian. How can you have more luck in your life than you can imagine and everything worked out. My life is much better than I expected. How can I be a horrible person? No. I’ll be an idiot.”

“Staying down to earth is a question of intelligence. As long as my family is health and well rested, I’m happy.”

“What do I miss at Dortmund? Everything! It was a fantastic time, but it was the right time to leave. I miss everything, but I don’t want to go back... unless we play them.”

“I keep in contact with a lot of my Dortmund players. They were young when I coached them, so I was like a father to them. When I left Dortmund, it’s not so important what people think when you come, it’s more important what they think when you leave”

“I came here to South Africa because my friend told me about a wonderful opportunity. I love the idea behind this club (HBUFC), so I couldn’t refuse.”

“I love what I do, but I don’t exist for football.”

“My biggest influence? Martin Luther.”

“There is only one defeat that I have struggled to get rid of is the Champions League final with Dortmund.”

“The Champions League final is the only game I would like to play again. But I don’t live in the past. My aim is to collect there moments and sit there with a smile on my face when I’m old.”

“There are two teams that are owned by a country in Europe, so it makes it difficult to win the Champions League. But in England, we can win the Premier League, but we need a bit of luck.”

“We have to improve, 100%. But we will. We are fine and the owners are happy. Liverpool is a fantastic club, and my aim is to win the Premier League with it.”

“Why Liverpool? I had an offer of another historical English club two years ago, but I ever felt comfortable with how they understood football. It didn’t feel right. When Liverpool called, I can’t explain it. It was right.”

“Best player I’ve ever coached? Mario Goetze. He was unbelievable. The biggest improvement, though, was Lewandowski.”

The other English club has to be United or Chelsea, right?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
“The Champions League final is the only game I would like to play again. But I don’t live in the past. My aim is to collect there moments and sit there with a smile on my face when I’m old.”
Says the guy still to this day moaning about United scoring an offside goal.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo.../Klopp-wanted-Manchester-clubs-Tottenham.html

Come to Manchester United, we are an adult Disneyworld! Red Devils' bizarre pitch to Jurgen Klopp - weeks BEFORE the club sacked David Moyes
  • Jurgen Klopp was wanted by both Manchester clubs and Tottenham Hotspur
  • United's executive vice chairman Ed Woodward flew out to see Klopp
  • Woodward told Klopp the United was 'like an adult version of Disneyland'
On April 11, 2014 at 10pm, Jurgen Klopp met Hans-Joachim Watzke for a drink at Munich's Park Hilton Hotel and told him that he had made up his mind. He was staying put.

Earlier that day, before the team's departure for an away game at Bayern's Allianz Arena, the Borussia Dortmund coach had still been undecided. He'd received a tempting, hugely lucrative offer from the North-West of England, a chance to take over and revolutionise one of the biggest clubs in the world.

'We first met in my kitchen,' says Dortmund's CEO. 'It was an interesting talk. I think it made a difference because he said to me on the plane that we needed to talk again in the evening.

'I was due to have dinner with my daughter, who lived in Munich, so I could only see him at 10pm. He straightaway said: 'I can't deal with this pressure any more. I've turned them down.'

Not long before, Manchester United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward had flown out to see Klopp in Germany. David Moyes's short tenure at Old Trafford was coming to an end, and Klopp was United's favourite to replace him, to bring back a sense of adventure to the Red Devils' game. Woodward told Klopp that the Theatre of Dreams was 'like an adult version of Disneyland', a mythical place where, as the nickname suggested, the entertainment was world class and dreams came true.

Klopp wasn't entirely convinced by that sales pitch — he found it a bit 'unsexy', he told a friend — but he didn't dismiss the proposition out of hand either. After almost six years in the job at Dortmund, perhaps the time was ripe for a change of scenery.

Aware of United's interest, Watzke had intended to insist that Klopp honour his contract, which had been extended to 2018 only the preceding autumn. Sensing that the 46‑year-old was quite conflicted, Watzke changed tack and opted for a very risky strategy.

If Klopp wanted to go to Manchester United, he wouldn't stand in his way, he told him, playing on their mutual trust and a connection that had long since crossed from business into friendship. After some deliberation — and the conversation at Watzke's kitchen table — the Borussia Dortmund manager came to the conclusion that his work at the Signal Iduna Park was not yet done.

United, however, felt there was still a possibility of luring him away. When Moyes received his inevitable marching orders on April 22, Klopp was quickly installed as the bookmakers' favourite to succeed the Scot.

Incessant media speculation in the UK prompted the man from Swabia in south-west Germany to release a statement via the Guardian the next day to kill the rumour.

'Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans,' it read, 'but my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is unbreakable.'

Klopp continued to attract interest from the Premier League, regardless. Six months after he had turned down Woodward, Manchester United's local rivals Manchester City made an approach. Tottenham Hotspur, too, inquired about his services.

Almost exactly a year after Klopp had said no to United, his bond with Dortmund turned out to be breakable after all. He announced he would resign at the end of the 2014–15 season, adding that he didn't intend to take a sabbatical.

In a villa in Bremen's leafy Schwachhausen quarter, the phone started ringing a few weeks into the new Premier League season.

As Brendan Rodgers's time at Anfield came to a slow end, a number of people contacted Klopp's agent, Marc Kosicke, promising to make an introduction to Liverpool.

One, a German football agent, said he knew Kenny Dalglish really well. Kosicke preferred to wait. Eventually, somebody purporting to be Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre called. Could they have a conversation about Klopp coming to Anfield? They could, Kosicke replied, but only via a video Skype call. While Ayre hung up, before calling again over the app, Kosicke did a quick image search of the Liverpool official. Just to be sure.

Too many pranksters and time wasters out there.

'Once you've been at Dortmund, where can you go as a coach?' Martin Quast, a friend of Klopp since the early Nineties, asks.

'In Germany, there's only the national team left, everything else would be a step down, even Bayern. Kloppo gets off on emotions, on empathy, on rocking the house, on being a part of something really big. I could only imagine him taking on a club abroad, a club like Liverpool.'

Christian Heidel says Klopp had only one reservation: his English. 'He asked me: 'Should I do it?' I said: 'The spoken word is your weapon. You have to decide if you can get across what's important in English. You need to be sure.'

'And then he said: 'I'll manage it. I'll study now, and I'll get there.' And since he's very intelligent, he got there, very quickly.

'At the time [of LFC's approach], no other club would have stood a chance. He'd always been keen on them, he was excited by the emotional dimension of the job. I don't think he'd have gone to Manchester City or a club like that — even though they really wanted him.'

KGBhoy

Ok, we probably dodged the bullet with Klopp, but is this our sales pitch to anyone? Also, did Jose go for the "Disneyland" vision? :)

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Adult Disneyworld :houllier:

I do wonder how our football might have been played under Klopp. Think he could have done quite well here. More exciting than LVG at least.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
Adult Disneyworld :houllier:

I do wonder how our football might have been played under Klopp. Think he could have done quite well here. More exciting than LVG at least.
I bet you any money that Klopp would have been more successful faster for you guys than Mourinho (not saying Mourinho isn't a top coach though). If Klopp was at UTD he would have gotten all his top signings like Keita, VVD, Mane, Pogba(?) etc

Edit for below question (3post limit): Lets be honest, VVD was one of the best defenders in the PL for the last 2 years and anyone that has watched naby Keita knows he is in that top bracket with Mbappe, Ousmane Dembele etc and is a very unique player (I think he would have fit very well at utd)

haram

I bet you any money that Klopp would have been more successful faster for you guys than Mourinho (not saying Mourinho isn't a top coach though). If Klopp was at UTD he would have gotten all his top signings like Keita, VVD, Mane, Pogba(?) etc
Who says signing Keita and VVD will work?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Who says signing Keita and VVD will work?
I don't think he meant necessarily those players, just those that are deemed a priority signing for the club in particular. Compared to us lowballing and mucking about like we have done, he'd more than likely get the players he wanted at United.

cyberman

If Klopp was at UTD he would have gotten all his top signings like Keita, VVD

Priority signins huh? Keita will join them in Klopps 4th season while VVD hasn't even signed for them.

Cloud7

He would have been good at United I think. Biggest flaw seems to be organizing a defense. At United he could have just bought defenders good enough to cover up those flaws, and got on with his speciality, making a good attacking team.

Oh well

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He had a bit of meltdown regarding us signing Pogba, especially for the money involved, so I'd doubt it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
If Jurgen hadn't watched archive footage of the massed Kop, he wouldn't have turned down Disneyworld for the Mickey Mouse Club.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'd rather have got Klopp than Van Gaal, if only to watch Rooney trying to gegenpress.

Varun

Staff
He had a bit of meltdown regarding us signing Pogba, especially for the money involved, so I'd doubt it.
He's just a hypocrite like most of them. Talked of quitting football for good if he ever had to spend so big on one player and then chased VVD all year round for a massive sum.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Still would have preferred him...but know I'm in the minority. Despite various individual instances of him making a fool of himself, feels much more a United manager than sourpuss.

mayurr

Supports
Liverpool
I think klopp can still turn it around if he brings in atleast 2 defender and a new GK. For all his criticism we have to be honest that pools defense is prone to individual mistakes. Its one thing that collectively they are failing something that can be solved in training. But these 3 players moreno, lovren, mignolet who are highly prone to individual mistakes in every game on average these 3 come up with atleast 3-4 gift moments for opposition. And obviously klopp is responsible but what is even bigger mistake by klopp is not solving this problem and thus it is damaging other players performances. Whole unit in that back 6 Henderson, matip , Can have started doing the same. Every time they are attacked all this 6 piss in their pants.

prath92

I think klopp can still turn it around if he brings in atleast 2 defender and a new GK. For all his criticism we have to be honest that pools defense is prone to individual mistakes. Its one thing that collectively they are failing something that can be solved in training. But these 3 players moreno, lovren, mignolet who are highly prone to individual mistakes in every game on average these 3 come up with atleast 3-4 gift moments for opposition. And obviously klopp is responsible but what is even bigger mistake by klopp is not solving this problem and thus it is damaging other players performances. Whole unit in that back 6 Henderson, matip , Can have started doing the same. Every time they are attacked all this 6 piss in their pants.
He did bring in a GK. Seems like he isn’t good enough to bench mignolet (wow). He got a LB but is choosing to play Moreno there. So if Liverpool’s problem is individual errors, that’s not anyone else’s fault

Rafateria

He did bring in a GK. Seems like he isn’t good enough to bench mignolet (wow). He got a LB but is choosing to play Moreno there. So if Liverpool’s problem is individual errors, that’s not anyone else’s fault
I was strongly in the Moreno out camp last Summer but there is no denying he's turned his game around, substantially. However he's still not good enough and his positioning often leaves his CBs exposed - especially Lovren and we know how that turns out.
It's a pity Milner refused to extend his tenure in that position (or so the rumours go), he'd certainly have played more and we'd be a place or two higher up the table.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I won't deny that he was my choice to replace Sir Alex and Moyes. But now he's the enemy so obviously I hope he fails miserably.

RooneyLegend

He never seems to buy the right quality, he's clearly a fully paid up member of the 'value' club. Think his love for improving players via training is what will ultimately cost him his job.

mayurr

Supports
Liverpool
He never seems to buy the right quality, he's clearly a fully paid up member of the 'value' club. Think his love for improving players via training is what will ultimately cost him his job.
You can't blame him either. Its not like he is been backed like pep and still persisting with his love to develop players.

tonnas

this says it all imo ''He straightaway said: 'I can't deal with this pressure any more. I've turned them down.''

IAmAWinner

Fact is 99% of United's fans would have been ecstatic with Klopp taking over after Moyes. It would have been interesting to see how he would have done. Defending would have been better than in Liverpool, because he already had a better base in DDG, Smalling, Jones..
But I'm happy with Jose and I rather have him than the obnoxious cnut Klopp :)