Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Jev

To be fair, it was an extremely soft penalty and Liverpool were ridiculously unlucky not to win.

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton
True, however I can't understate how horrible Everton were in this game. The idea that Big Sam would take any credit for the result is grating my soul.

:lol:

Had 3 shots on target all game. Everton had 2. For all their dominance they rarely created anything great. Pickford didn't make a save I couldn't make. Allardyce gets loads of credit for the result.

Balagan

A bit later on - he tries democracy but it doesn’t quite work out in the post match press conference - I can’t post links so hopefully someone else will

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It was a penalty. The fault was Mane but mainly Lovren for that game. The reason Klopp has dropped so many points from winning positions is playing ill disciplined defenders. We knew that and it will happen again. But we need to finish top four so today's a good day for aiming for that 2nd place and a larger piece of the CL money pie.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
this result and Klopp having a melt down is the only thing keeping me from getting angry today

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
It was a penalty and as soon as Lovren puts his hands on the back of the player, the referee has a decision to make. Right one IMO.
If it wasnt for that 'shoot yourself in the foot' defending that our players have the capability to do with alarming frequency, no one questions the starting 11 or the Salah substitution. Nothing happened in that 90mins to suggest taking Salah off would be a bad move. Although the initial line up was surprising, without that Lovren feck up, Klopp would be getting praise for effective rotation of his side.

That said, this is the gamble a manager takes every week. We didn't win so he is rightfully questioned. Had he started our front four and one gets injured though, Klopp would be questioned on why all four needed to start against a very weak Everton.

Bad result although it was a decent performance and we move on a point closer to the top 3.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The problem with trusting players like Lovren is that they can have solid games like today, but still have that one mad moment that costs the team.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Klopp's post match reaction cheering me up:D

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The problem with trusting players like Lovren is that they can have solid games like today, but still have that one mad moment that costs the team.
Exactly you can't really blame Lovren what's he doing to do? Turn round and say' nah don't pick me boss I'm naff like '

He's consistently displayed his propensity for brainfarts throughout his entire career here, him and Mignolet and to a lesser extent Milner/Henderson have been given chance after chance but after a decent run eventually revert to type. I just knew it was coming even with 80 % possession and total domination, I've seen that game before and I've seen other games where we lose before they even happen because the patterns are easy to detect. We don't find new ways to lose, we do it in the same manner more or less every time.
My other problem with us is we have no nous, we play an attractive style of football but we have zero game management ability, we don't have the luck of an Arsenal or the know how of a city. The other big sides in this league can play awful to average but still find a way to win, you never really feel comfortable with us unless we're leading by a few. Either we put together such an elite side that we never need to resort to that or we learn how to manage a game.

Not sure what our fixures look like past WBA but we really need to get back on the winning trail because it's going to be tight and every point is vital. The Arsenal game is critical we need to win a big game again.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Exactly you can't really blame Lovren what's he doing to do? Turn round and say' nah don't pick me boss I'm naff like '

He's consistently displayed his propensity for brainfarts throughout his entire career here, him and Mignolet and to a lesser extent Milner/Henderson have been given chance after chance but after a decent run eventually revert to type. I just knew it was coming even with 80 % possession and total domination, I've seen that game before and I've seen other games where we lose before they even happen because the patterns are easy to detect. We don't find new ways to lose, we do it in the same manner more or less every time.
My other problem with us is we have no nous, we play an attractive style of football but we have zero game management ability, we don't have the luck of an Arsenal or the know how of a city. The other big sides in this league can play awful to average but still find a way to win, you never really feel comfortable with us unless we're leading by a few. Either we put together such an elite side that we never need to resort to that or we learn how to manage a game.

Not sure what our fixures look like past WBA but we really need to get back on the winning trail because it's going to be tight and every point is vital. The Arsenal game is critical we need to win a big game again.
:lol: Good' ol Lovren costing Liverpool points.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Every point is vital that's why getting one today was so important. I'll take that then dominate possession and lose 1-0 as had happened too often in the past.

We've gained a point on 2nd and 3rd place while having rested Coutinho, Firmino and Salah to an extent. The teams we have gained on have not rested their main players while losing. As we know too well this will have its own impact on January 1st.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Every point is vital that's why getting one today was so important. I'll take that then dominate possession and lose 1-0 as had happened too often in the past.

We've gained a point on 2nd and 3rd place while having rested Coutinho, Firmino and Salah to an extent. The teams we have gained on have not rested their main players while losing. As we know too well this will have its own impact on January 1st.
Yup. This was actually a victory of sorts. I believe congratulations are in order.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Congratulations accepted. I recognise the salute from the one I gave you for the Mickey mouse cups. :D