Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Danny Roberts

Last season he played the first team throughout December and they hit a physical brick wall in Jan/Feb WITHOUT European football, which almost cost them the CL qualification in the end. This year he manages the squad and rotates the players, so history doesn´t repeat itself and the fans bitch and moan about his selections. He drew a game, where Everton had 20% possession, touched the ball in the opposing box three times and had one shot on target, a very questionable penalty. I mean seriously? This game ends with a Liverpool win 9.5 out of 10 times and in a blowout 50% of the time.

How many shots did you lot have on target? 3? Oh a real battering. Not that it's the be all and end all but xG was 1.90-0.82.

That said, I actually agree, rotating didn't necessarily harm your performance and those are decisions managers have to take. Thought it was a really odd one taking Salah off though at 1-0.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
How many shots did you lot have on target? 3? Oh a real battering. Not that it's the be all and end all but xG was 1.90-0.82.

That said, I actually agree, rotating didn't necessarily harm your performance and those are decisions managers have to take. Thought it was a really odd one taking Salah off though at 1-0.
Yeah their expected goals was 0.82, because that´s the probability of a converted penalty. Take out the questionable penalty and it is like 1.9 to 0.02 or something. Everton were pathetic, but I guess they did what they wanted to do for their €200M investment. They tried to keep the game close and then fluke a goal from not even trying to fluke a goal. That was their strategy. That was not even a counter-attacking or set pieces strategy. It was like trying to win the lottery without buying a ticket....and then winning it.

Darkhorsez

Last season he played the first team throughout December and they hit a physical brick wall in Jan/Feb WITHOUT European football, which almost cost them the CL qualification in the end. This year he manages the squad and rotates the players, so history doesn´t repeat itself and the fans bitch and moan about his selections. He drew a game, where Everton had 20% possession, touched the ball in the opposing box three times and had one shot on target, a very questionable penalty. I mean seriously? This game ends with a Liverpool win 9.5 out of 10 times and in a blowout 50% of the time.
Fair enough. But you can argue that he could have gone with a stronger team and then withdraw players when they had more of a cushion. I agree that poor finishing was their ultimate downfall not his initial selection. But I do enjoy having a dig at him from time to time to feel better :D

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah their expected goals was 0.82, because that´s the probability of a converted penalty. Take out the questionable penalty and it is like 1.9 to 0.02 or something. Everton were pathetic, but I guess they did what they wanted to do for their €200M investment. They tried to keep the game close and then fluke a goal from not even trying to fluke a goal. That was their strategy. That was not even a counter-attacking or set pieces strategy. It was like trying to win the lottery without buying a ticket....and then winning it.
When Klopp became coach, whenever he lost game excuse was it's not Klopp's team (even though Liverpool spent 250 Million in last 2 years) and he didn't spend any money but now Big Sam was hired just week back but somehow we are talking about 200 Million Investment. :lol:

Danny Roberts

Wow, Liverpool must be worse than I thought if they let a side win the lottery without buying a ticket.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
When Klopp became coach, whenever he lost game excuse was it's not Klopp's team (even though Liverpool spent 250 Million in last 2 years) and he didn't spend any money but now Big Sam was hired just week back but somehow we are talking about 200 Million Investment. :lol:
It´s not about winning or losing. If Everton´s board envisioned this kind of attacking effort for 200M investment then full power to them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It´s not about winning or losing. If Everton´s board envisioned this kind of attacking effort for 200M investment then full power to them.
Or Liverpool board envisioned getting hammered by Spurs and City then even more power to them.

Everton are in poor form, they need points and they got it.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Or Liverpool board envisioned getting hammered by Spurs and City then even more power to them.

Everton are in poor form, they need points and they got it.
I heard Liverpool will double in their investments in the near future with the ambition to only lose by 1-2 goals to City at home. :p

RooneyLegend

Football people tend to lose all sense of perspective when they have something against someone.

Dobbs

Rotating in a derby though? I'm not familiar with Liverpool's schedule but surely there was a more apt time to rest two of your best.

Member 90887

Klopp did it again! a draw against WBA! Are they going to celebrate again ?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Cant wait for his post match interview. They're getting as good as Arsenal Fan TV.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like we were atrocious. Probably even deserved to lose. It happens. Had to go through another rut and here it is.

shaky

Liverpool have caught the draw disease we had last season. 17 games played, 8 wins, 7 draws.

cyberman

No Salah no party.
Liverpool can't fall into the habit of over relying on him or a loss of form could kill them.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
80th minute 0-0 chasing a winner and he takes off his right back to replace him with another right back :lol:

Irrational.

He keeps Salah on for the full 90' in that 7-0 game against Spartak Moscow (because we all know how important GD is in the group stages of the CL), then subs him off when Liverpool are defending a precarious 1-0 lead against Everton :lol:

Then replaces a right back with a right back when going for the jugular against West Brom. What a genius.

James Peril

I think Klopp came here thinking this would be easier, and he definitely wanted to be the one to bring the trophy back to Liverpool after 30 years of nothing. Right now I think he hates it and realizes he will never win it. City is doing the best ever performance in the Prem and then there’s United amd Chelsea, as well as Spurs being good as well. How he underestimated this league sooo so bad.

Retrokicks

That foray into the top four didn't last long :D

Bournemouth away next and with Klopp's confidence being chipped away, could be a good shout for a sneaky 1-0.