Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So it turns out beating Spartak Moscow 7-0 didn't mean they were a team which Europe feared? What a fecking surprise.

Even more annoying was the fact that while the Liverpool fans were relatively grounded about the result, it was United fans who put them on the pedestal.

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
I think Klopp came here thinking this would be easier, and he definitely wanted to be the one to bring the trophy back to Liverpool after 30 years of nothing. Right now I think he hates it and realizes he will never win it. City is doing the best ever performance in the Prem and then there’s United amd Chelsea, as well as Spurs being good as well. How he underestimated this league sooo so bad.
Don't think so. I believe he prefers being the underdog where he can't lose. Liverpool's stature as a club is also a big pull because you get to manage a big club without the pressure of delivering a trophy. If he wins anything, he can lap up all the accolades, if he doesn't, well, which manager has? Win win.

mayurr

Supports
Liverpool
I think Klopp came here thinking this would be easier, and he definitely wanted to be the one to bring the trophy back to Liverpool after 30 years of nothing. Right now I think he hates it and realizes he will never win it. City is doing the best ever performance in the Prem and then there’s United amd Chelsea, as well as Spurs being good as well. How he underestimated this league sooo so bad.
I think that's a typical united fan view.

No manager ever comes to anfield thinking it would be easy, you are making us sound like everton. We might have never come close to that title in last 20 barring 2-3 seasons but we haven't really gave up on that dream for sure. Irrespective of form and team quality Liverpool definitely want to win the title and i think anyone who is associated with Liverpool or wants to associate with Liverpool knows that including klopp. Liverpool have never been underdogs the pressure at Liverpool is definitely more than spurs or even arsenal.

Second part he hates it he realized he will never win it? So does mourinho. He also knows he is not winning it 11 points behind , on the contrary i can make an argument that the the reason klopp isn't going to win it is because of the team, the gapping holes in the back ..which a problem that can be cured. While mourinho wont win it because of his lack of balls. The days of parking the bus agains 2-3 good teams and score against the remaining are gone. In his previous title runs he had only 2-3 teams to look after thats 6 games on average ...draw all of then and still he would win plenty. Now there are 5-6 teams thats nearly 10-12 games .if he continues same tactics he will never catch city.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

No manager ever comes to anfield thinking it would be easy, you are making us sound like everton. We might have never come close to that title in last 20 barring 2-3 seasons but we haven't really gave up on that dream for sure. Irrespective of form and team quality Liverpool definitely want to win the title and i think anyone who is associated with Liverpool or wants to associate with Liverpool knows that including klopp. Liverpool have never been underdogs the pressure at Liverpool is definitely more than spurs or even arsenal.

Second part he hates it he realized he will never win it? So does mourinho. He also knows he is not winning it 11 points behind , on the contrary i can make an argument that the the reason klopp isn't going to win it is because of the team, the gapping holes in the back ..which a problem that can be cured. While mourinho wont win it because of his lack of balls. The days of parking the bus agains 2-3 good teams and score against the remaining are gone. In his previous title runs he had only 2-3 teams to look after thats 6 games on average ...draw all of then and still he would win plenty. Now there are 5-6 teams thats nearly 10-12 games .if he continues same tactics he will never catch city.
So why hasn't he cured it yet? He has got four transfer windows so far and has done nothing to cure it.

Why do you think he'll cure it now when he hasn't been able to do it so far? Your Mourinho point is also stupid. We are on par to get 84-85 points this season which is excellent progress considering our last three seasons. The only problem we've is that Man City is on par to get more than 105 points which is ridiculous.

Peanut Butter

Don't think so. I believe he prefers being the underdog where he can't lose. Liverpool's stature as a club is also a big pull because you get to manage a big club without the pressure of delivering a trophy. If he wins anything, he can lap up all the accolades, if he doesn't, well, which manager has? Win win.
He's already won the Top 4 trophy. The Liverpool fans lap that up.

Varun

Staff

Wanting to win the title and being under pressure to win it are 2 absolutely different things. There is no pressure to win the title at Pool, just like Spurs.

The 2nd part is just waffle. Unless City slow down, no one is catching them and it has feckall to do with balls or tactics. They're on course to finish on 100+ points in the PL. We're closing in on half the season gone and they've dropped 2 points till now. It's absurd.

Funny how you brush the problems you have under the carpet without laying blame on Klopp. After all, why should the manager be blamed for his defence being shit when the lack of quality there has been evident to everyone and their dog for ages now?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How can anyone moan about the goal, it was clear handball wasn't it? I saw Liverpool fans (on other forum) saying it was hand ball but it's not intentional, so they were robbed.

mayurr

Supports
Liverpool
So why hasn't he cured it yet? He has got four transfer windows so far and has done nothing to cure it.

Why do you think he'll cure it now when he hasn't been able to do it so far? Your Mourinho point is also stupid. We are on par to get 84-85 points this season which is excellent progress considering our last three seasons. The only problem we've is that Man City is on par to get more than 105 points which is ridiculous.
He hasnt done anything does not aromatically transforms to he wont ever do anything about it. Secondly he hasn't done anything is false statement it self because he brought it matip, a new keeper, tried signing vvd , thats enough to show that he made an effort to solve it.

Wanting to win the title and being under pressure to win it are 2 absolutely different things. There is no pressure to win the title at Pool, just like Spurs.

The 2nd part is just waffle. Unless City slow down, no one is catching them and it has feckall to do with balls or tactics. They're on course to finish on 100+ points in the PL. We're closing in on half the season gone and they've dropped 2 points till now. It's absurd.

Funny how you brush the problems you have under the carpet without laying blame on Klopp. After all, why should the manager be blamed for his defence being shit when the lack of quality there has been evident to everyone and their dog for ages now?
In his first ever interview, he stated it clearly that he wants Liverpool to win it in 3-4 yrs time...so there goes the original argument about it being an easy job. Also i dont know as a 3rd person ( neither you are Liverpool official nor a klopp representative) how can you be just so sure that Liverpool dont want to win it. Thats ridiculous. You can have your opinion but to state it as a universal fact is way out of the line.

I didnt brush any problems , i have already admitted we have problems at the back but that can be solved, technically its not possible that we would miss out on our defensive target every season. This Window or may be after another 2 we would improve on it for sure. On the contrary you cant change mourinho neither it looks like he will change himself ...you are stuck with his bus parking ways as long as you have him as your manager. If you can see the difference.

Varun

Staff
He hasnt done anything does not aromatically transforms to he wont ever do anything about it. Secondly he hasn't done anything is false statement it self because he brought it matip, a new keeper, tried signing vvd , thats enough to show that he made an effort to solve it.

In his first ever interview, he stated it clearly that he wants Liverpool to win it in 3-4 yrs time...so there goes the original argument about it being an easy job. Also i dont know as a 3rd person ( neither you are Liverpool official nor a klopp representative) how can you be just so sure that Liverpool dont want to win it. Thats ridiculous. You can have your opinion but to state it as a universal fact is way out of the line.

I didnt brush any problems , i have already admitted we have problems at the back but that can be solved, technically its not possible that we would miss out on our defensive target every season. This Window or may be after another 2 we would improve on it for sure. On the contrary you cant change mourinho neither it looks like he will change himself ...you are stuck with his bus parking ways as long as you have him as your manager. If you can see the difference.
You need to read my post again. I have not said you don't want to win the title. I said there's no pressure to win it. Norwich would like to win the title too, it means feckall. It's an easier job because the expectations are low even though it's a historically big club. He can't lose because no one expects him to win in the first place.

Mourinho and parking the bus references are tired cliches now thrown about by people who are either wumming, have an agenda or simply don't watch our games. Either ways, doesn't really merit a response.

Anyways, good luck with getting a defender and simply racking up 100+ points though seeing as you believe us not winning the title has all to do with mourinho's balls and tactics rather than City's results.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

I'm beginning to think Klopp hasn't fixed their leaky defence because he knows that he'd have to sacrifice the attack that's keeping him in a job to do so. At the moment, they might have a tendency to let leads slip, but they also have the knack of scoring 5 or 6, and that's placating fans because they're happy to believe they're playing the most entertaining football. Their defence could do with individual improvements, yes, but the main reason it's so leaky is because of how they play. There is often very little cover for defenders in Liverpool's side, so when the inevitable brainfart occurs, more often than not it leads to them conceding. United's defenders are also fairly error prone, whether it's a rash challenge, a misplaced pass, or deciding not to bother tracking a run, but we're set out in a way that means at least one other player should be in a position to get across and cover. That can come from another defender in the back-line or a midfielder chasing back.

If Klopp were to sacrifice one or more of his attackers to fit in a proper holding midfielder and/or an extra defender, then he's changing the way they play and neutering their attack. That's a gamble for him now because he's made his bed of gung-ho, shit-or-bust attacking football, and he's spent the last 2 years lying in it and blaming anyone but himself when it doesn't work. If he changes the way they play to plug the gaps in the defence and they're still floundering in uphill battles for top 4, he's in trouble.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
In a spot of bother now, need to win the next two and we need to win our difficult games in the next month. Need a run of 6-7 wins on the bounce.

Danny Roberts

I think the way things are looking you need to be looking over your shoulders at Leicester and Everton. Bad run here and Liverpool could easily be down in 7th or 8th.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
The most important question. Did West Brom win the lottery with or without a ticket tonight?
Nah they earned their draw. They had a good defensive shape, kept the chances and dangerous crosses down, especially in the first half. They actually tried to (counter)attack with some ambition. Something that´s very obvious from the stats.

7-5 corners West Brom
14-6 shots Liverpool
70-30 possession Liverpool

As opposed to

12-1 corners Liverpool
80-20 possession Liverpool
23-3 shots Liverpool

You were just lucky.

Rafateria

I think the way things are looking you need to be looking over your shoulders at Leicester and Everton. Bad run here and Liverpool could easily be down in 7th or 8th.
*coughs & spits out coffee*

And there about a million other scenarios just as unlikely we could all come up with.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Last night was our 26th competitive match of the season. Our 26th competitive match last season came in the 1-0 defeat away at Southampton in the first leg of the League Cup semi final. It was around then that the wheels fell off. Be interesting to see how we fare over the next 4 or 5 games. Maybe Klopp's high intensity pressing game might have it's flaws over the course of the season. 2 home draws against opposition you'd expect us to put away with ease have not made easy viewing for those of us who fear Jurgen Klopp's tactics have their limitations here in the PL.

onemanarmy

Last night was our 26th competitive match of the season. Our 26th competitive match last season came in the 1-0 defeat away at Southampton in the first leg of the League Cup semi final. It was around then that the wheels fell off. Be interesting to see how we fare over the next 4 or 5 games. Maybe Klopp's high intensity pressing game might have it's flaws over the course of the season. 2 home draws against opposition you'd expect us to put away with ease have not made easy viewing for those of us who fear Jurgen Klopp's tactics have their limitations here in the PL.
Makes it even more weird why he didn't rest more key players, winning 7-0 against Moscow.

Danny Roberts

Nah they earned their draw. They had a good defensive shape, kept the chances and dangerous crosses down, especially in the first half. They actually tried to (counter)attack with some ambition. Something that´s very obvious from the stats.

7-5 corners West Brom
14-6 shots Liverpool
70-30 possession Liverpool

As opposed to

12-1 corners Liverpool
80-20 possession Liverpool
23-3 shots Liverpool

You were just lucky.

Stats can be used in lots of ways. Interesting that shots on target is excluded from your impartial and scientific analysis.

Peanut Butter

It's all very Liverpool really isn't it? Feel like they always draw at home v loads of crap sides year in, year out.

They won't win the league again anytime soon.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So it turns out beating Spartak Moscow 7-0 didn't mean they were a team which Europe feared? What a fecking surprise.

Even more annoying was the fact that while the Liverpool fans were relatively grounded about the result, it was United fans who put them on the pedestal.
C'mon be fair, how can Barcelona or PSG expect anything from Anfield when the mighty West Brom only got a draw there?

Peanut Butter

:lol::lol::lol:

Clean Sheet for Liverpool!

In all seriousness, are LFC fans happy with Klopp?
Of course they are, they always worship their managers like the strange **** they are.

Refs and the weather. Or the owners fault. Never Klopp's.

shaky

A worrying stat for Liverpool this year. In every single match they've played in 2017, if they haven't been ahead by the 73rd minute, then they haven't gone on to win. Not one late winner in a whole year.

LuenerLinguist

Im not a Liverpool fan but looking at last year`s season Liverpool had maybe the sixth best squad and they ended up being 4th. I think the manager cant be so bad if you achieve that.

Last edited:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Klopp moaning that the officials enforced the rule that you can't score with your arm/hand. :lol:

Last edited:

AXVnee7

In fairness to them it's a lack of efficiency in front of goal that has cost them as opposed to tactics. However I think this applies more to the Everton game than the West Brom one in which Klopp appeared to lack a plan B.

The Arsenal game will be very interesting, and provided we carry

Fridge chutney

Liverpool have Keita coming in next year. Klopp should prioritize improving Lovren and getting a deeper CB core. Honestly, they could challenge if they do that.

mav_9me

Liverpool have Keita coming in next year. Klopp should prioritize improving Lovren and getting a deeper CB core. Honestly, they could challenge if they do that.
Haha. As simple as that eh. Once he prioritizes it.

Lovren should not be the regular starting CB. Part of rotation fine but starting CB, na...particularly in a system where you have to be individually good defensively.

Rafateria

Surprised that a Red would come out with this "high intensity affecting energy levels' spiel. Considering Liverpool are down in around 6th/7th in the 'pressing stats' for PL teams this season. For one I'd be glad if we stepped it up a notch, we do seem to be pressing a little more than earlier this season though.
Last season the wheels came off due a woefully inadequate squad (ref. the match we played with an average age of 19 yrs on the bench) so that when Mane went to AFCON and we suffered a string of injuries to our key players, we were putting out teams well below regular 1st team strength. I don't see that happening this season as we are well stocked upfront and midfield is OK if not exactly scintillating. Likewise FBs. It's only the CBs where we lack strength in depth (some would say strength, full stop).

Whilst we drew the last two games there's no doubt that with a little more luck or nouse (Mane) then we'd have won both. It wasn't the performances per se where we failed, though of course failing to take those chances that we created could be construed that way, however on another day we would have expected to take a few of those chances and put them away. Shit happens.

Rafateria

A worrying stat for Liverpool this year. In every single match they've played in 2017, if they haven't been ahead by the 73rd minute, then they haven't gone on to win. Not one late winner in a whole year.
The upside is that stat is bound to turn around sooner or later ;)

Rafateria

.........In all seriousness, are LFC fans happy with Klopp?
Of course we are. We can see progress and know we are only a few players short of a fine team ready to challenge for trophies. Keita is a done and will solve one of those issues. Another 2-3 first team players this January/next Summer is what we should be looking for on top of the Keita deal, whether Coutinho stays or goes.

As far as comparison to Rogers is concerned (I'm bringing this up since it's a comparison much beloved of RC), the Rogers team had peaked and he couldn't halt it's decline (he was also blessed to have Suarez, probably the finest striker in the world of his type at the time). Klopp has had to rebuild and re-educate the squad. Everybody makes mistakes but he is taking us forward and even those who criticise him also state that he is still the best manager we could attract and would not part with him.

haram

Challenge what? They will challenge for top 4 and that's it.

Peanut Butter

Liverpool aren't challenging for the league title before City, United, Chelsea or even Spurs anytime soon. UNLESS they get a PSG-type owner take them over and spend silly money on several new world class players.

Klopp will lose the likes of Coutinho this summer too. Anfield is a depressing place as it is, it's even worse when extremely good players aren't winning silverware and get their heads turned by the likes of Barcelona.