Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Woodzy

What a fecking buffoon. Does he not realise that the incredible amount of draws they have had is the sole reason they are not further up the table?

Ah well. Maybe a Europa League spot will be considered a half-way win as well.

Alabaster Codify7

Can you imagine the reaction if Jose or even someone like Moyes came out with that bollocks?

The man gets away with murder when you look at how the press portrays him.

JohnnyKills

Completely agree. It's getting outrageous now.

Klopp gets away with it because Liverpool are viewed more favourably by the press and authorities than United, and because he's built this caricature of a whacky German so it's all just fun and games.

If he managed United he'd probably be sent off every week!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The FA likely wants to avoid being the subject of zillions of Scouse emails should they punish Klopp, and the resulting media scrutiny.

Irrational.

He also loves winding up the opposition and then playing the innocent card. Yesterday pumping his fist at the Arsenal fans after the scored the 3-3 equaliser then apologising :lol:

This video also makes me laugh:

Rafateria

Completely agree. It's getting outrageous now.

Klopp gets away with it because Liverpool are viewed more favourably by the press and authorities than United, and because he's built this caricature of a whacky German so it's all just fun and games.

If he managed United he'd probably be sent off every week!
I see tin foil hats are on sale on Amazon .. get over there pronto !

Rafateria

He also constantly barks at the fourth official, with them usually just brushing it off and smiling. It is rather ridiculous how he's allowed to get away with it.
And you don't notice Mourinho, Pep, Moyes and every other PL manager doing it too ? Of course you don't. :rolleyes:

Rafateria

By the way he also said this after the match .....

"I react sometimes in a bit of a strange way," said Klopp.

"I apologised to the people around me straight away.

"I threw a bottle on the ground. Nothing serious happened, but still it wasn't good."

So wouldn't be surprised if he is charged. Passion is one thing, and I love it, but he can occasionally go OTT. I'd rather that than the stoic reaction and lack of emotion shown by some managers.

Rafateria

I haven't seen Jose dramatically lose his cool ,the way Klopp does every week, since being at Utd no.
I'm talking about berating the 4th official. Actually it probably isn't berating but just showing frustration at on-field decisions. All managers do it, week in week out, yes even Jose.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And that is not shocking to you ??? This particular game is part of the wider issue, you cannot separate IMHO. Liverpool were letting Arsenal run at them way too easily, it's there to see. You are looking at the goals individually and look what happens during the entire sequences, where are Liverpool's midfielders, where are Liverpool's attackers ?
And what about the 3rd goal ? Are you going to tell me that Klopp has absolutely zero impact in those 5 minutes and all the blame is only on the players ? As much as we love to say that Mourinho doesn't our team from an attacking POV, Klopp doesn't do the same either when defending. He's a terrible manager, shit like that happens on a regularly and whether it's in a 5 min crazy period or a whole half, something is really wrong.
This game is part of the wider issue that they're simply too weak mentally, rely too much on unreliable players, and for all the praise, their vaunted attack lacks killer instinct

Liverpool have conceded 3 goal at anfield, of which, one was a mental penalty decision, and another was a botched cross-turned-shot. It's really away that their defence sucks. And that is down to subpar players. If not, there wouldn't be such a massive difference in performance. Of course, it's Klopp's job to improve the mentality of the players, but well, he's just another great manager. Guardiola coulnd't do it last season at city, Mourinho has had teams down tools on him, Ancelotti was just sacked by Bayern...

Ferguson was one of a kind.

BTW, giving up 3 goals in 5 minutes like that is down to, well, as Fergie said: "football, bloody hell".

You're overrating him. He had better players in Dortmund at the back in his last season, but pretty much same problems. He lost 43 points in the league from winning positions. It's not normal to have same mistakes and problems over and over again. His subs are awful. Most importantly, I haven't noticed any tactical change during a big match which actually won him a game. While I agree that Liverpool won't find anyone better, he is not part of a managerial elite.
In dortmund he had the same players for years. After a while it's natural that they won't respond to him anymore. Second part isn't wrong, but i disagree on him not being part of the elite. He's not the best, but he's one of the best

But you can make excuses for the goals Liverpool scored as people have made for Arsenal goals. Lucky deflections on the first two goals followed by a howler from Cech on the third goal.
Nobody's here praising Wenger :D. Though if you look at the goals, you'll notice that Arsenal's were down to individual mistakes by 3 different liverpool players(gomez, mignolet, klavan-lost the ball cheaply in his own half during build-up). Whereas 2 of liverpool's were down to complete defensive breakdowns, not just 1 player making a mistake, but multiple players making mistakes -generally the same one, too!

Djemba-Djemba

I'm talking about berating the 4th official. Actually it probably isn't berating but just showing frustration at on-field decisions. All managers do it, week in week out, yes even Jose.
You asked if I've seen Jose do it and I'm telling you I haven't. He's had a moan at the 4th official I'm sure yeah.

He's not ran up to a 4th official beating his chest and screaming and shouting though, like a fecking mad man.

Klopp and to a lesser extent Guardiola get away with it each week.

Rafateria

Mate do you honestly think Mourinho would get away with the behavior Klopp displays? Yes or no answer please.
I think it's likely a totting up procedure and that .. along with Klopp's post match admission .. means he'll get charged this time. I think that would and does apply to any manager unless they take specific aim (ha !) at the FA or an official.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In danger ? Jesus Christ.
Are you kidding? He aggressively threw the bottle in a manner that could have endangered people around him regardless of the motivation to do so.

Rafateria

Never the manager's fault is it, la? Unless it's Roy Hodgson of course.
Well hello Nuts. Wondered when you'd pipe up - you are so visible on Liverpool related threads that I'm beginning to think you're a closet case trying to hide his allegiance by posting as many anti-Pool comments as possible without it being too obvious ;)

Happy Xmas :p

Rafateria

Are you kidding? He aggressively threw the bottle in a manner that could have endangered people around him regardless of the motivation to do so.
I get it. Throwing a small water bottle into the ground in a direction away from people is an obvious endangerment to society considering the innate elasticity of water and plastic and taking into consideration the scientific laws of acceleration and mass and likelihood of the said bottle reversing it's trajectory. Therefore it should have been expected to bounce off the ground, accelerating all the time, and to be honest I'm amazed it even managed to remain in the ground. I wonder why it did.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I get it. Throwing a small water bottle into the ground in a direction away from people is an obvious endangerment to society considering the innate elasticity of water and plastic and taking into consideration the scientific laws of acceleration and mass and likelihood of the said bottle reversing it's trajectory. Therefore it should have been expected to bounce off the ground, accelerating all the time, and to be honest I'm amazed it even managed to remain in the ground. I wonder why it did.
Those aren’t my words, it’s the official statement from the FA when Mourinho was charged for the same thing.

Posh Red

In danger ? Jesus Christ.
You laugh but this was one of the justifications when Mourinho was banned for kicking the water bottle.
I think it's likely a totting up procedure and that .. along with Klopp's post match admission .. means he'll get charged this time. I think that would and does apply to any manager unless they take specific aim (ha !) at the FA or an official.
You still didn't give a yes or no answer. Not that it matters because there is factual evidence to suggest Mouinho would be banned.

HJ12

Fines and bans for abusing a water bottle are over the top imo, but that's not the issue here. It's the clear display of double standards that's annoying about all this.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Apparently Klopp is managing a relegation level team and so can be excused for losing the lead the most in the league.

Lovren was a solid defender at Southampton, Matip is a decent defender, he bought Klavan.

If he knows Lovren is error prone then you protect him when you play him, but then you would have to admit that Klopp is not an adaptable manager so he doesnt have the tactical experience to do that.

Peanut Butter

Well hello Nuts. Wondered when you'd pipe up - you are so visible on Liverpool related threads that I'm beginning to think you're a closet case trying to hide his allegiance by posting as many anti-Pool comments as possible without it being too obvious ;)

Happy Xmas :p
Touché! Over 5,000 posts on a Man Utd fan's forum? You got a hidden love for the Red Devils?

Merry Xmas.

Bwuk

Have any of them got fed up with him yet?

It's bewildering he hasn't tried to sort his defence yet.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Tbh, maybe it's not dangerous, but it's nothing short of embarrassing. What next, put a few signs around him to not get close as any time he could erupt.

Merry Xmas.

Rafateria

Tbh, maybe it's not dangerous, but it's nothing short of embarrassing. What next, put a few signs around him to not get close as any time he could erupt.

Merry Xmas.
I was flabbergasted that no-one was decapitated. I could see it flying uninterrupted, bouncing off hoardings, stanchions, lights, cameras and dugouts and taking out half the crowd. This would all be replayed in hyper slow motion replays on Sky ad infinitum and become a best selling Xmas DVD.

Klopp's just bloody good entertainment and what would the Caf have to get excited / agast about without him ;)

Happy Xmas !

Skills

Snitch
They just kept the same style and high pressure. Even at 1-2, with the crowd behind Arsenal, you kill the momentum .You make a sub or a tactical adjustment because you know they're going to come for you. It's not like an Arsenal reaction wasn't expected. They're at home and were always going to pour forward. Look at the stats that says the number of points Liverpool have lost from winning position since Klopp took over, it's not a coincidence. This shit happens over and over again.
Tbf if they had smart players they'd do it themselves. As soon as it goes to 2-1 you either try to keep possession to win a few fouls, or if you're not comfortable slow the game down in middle. Kick the ball into touch or run it down the channels and win a few throws in their half for a couple of minutes to get a breather. But they didn't give themselves a chance. 3 goals in 5 minutes is criminal after being 2 up.