Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

montpelier

Why i am not manager of some top team in PL with decent amount of English internationals in it...i swear,tones of options to troll those morons of journos. I understand why they doing it but geee come on,same crap when it comes to Rooney,LvG being asked some nonsense,he even said that he wont talk about Rooney or any individual and they still push.

"So what you think about ( English internationals name)`s game today,he was ultra mega giga superb,wasnt he?
"No,he was fecking shit" or mention all non English names and praise them like there is no tomorrow "Yea foreigners had great game,they were superb,you can see the difference in quality compared with domestic players (even if its not true)"
totally agree, they (journos) must be very hard work, straight after game & so on

yes, siding with Jurgen on this one, which he'll be thrilled about I'm sure

Blackwidow

Yeah this does annoy me. Also you can see the complete difference between Germany and England, one talks about team play, one talks about individual skill.
The media in Germany is the same. The questions aren't really different.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Germany isn't a magical fairy land where everyone has super deep tactical understanding, but I'd say that in general British football culture (to me) seems obsessed with individual players, whereas in Germany people pay more attention to stuff like team cohesion and the collective picture.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
It is paranormal when you start talking about it in terms of destiny and of some hidden power dictating matters beyond the manager and players' control. It's all quasi-religious bullshit all too often rolled out and propagated by misty-eyed fools who believe in these things. You can see why it appeals to your fans so much.

The crowd were silent when the team needed support at two goals down. Coutinho scored anyway despite lack of support from the crowd because he's a great player, not because of some unseen supernatural force from a largely quiet crowd up until that deciding moment.

You'd have to question how these players would cope in La Bombonera or at somewhere like Besiktas, if the relatively meek and pedestrian Anfield crowd can affect them so much.
No doubt Anfield on a generic match day can range from average-drab with the occasional decent atmosphere.

However - with nights such as Thursday, there is an air of tradition and culture which isn't replicated anywhere else in England. From the fans lining the streets outside Anfield to greet the team coaches - to the Kop's sea of flags, to the very tight, enclosed nature of Anfield as a football ground. It creates a very unique atmosphere.

Compare the Etihad on Wednesday and Anfield on Thursday. Worlds apart.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
No doubt Anfield on a generic match day can range from average-drab with the occasional decent atmosphere.

However - with nights such as Thursday, there is an air of tradition and culture which isn't replicated anywhere else in England. From the fans lining the streets outside Anfield to greet the team coaches - to the Kop's sea of flags, to the very tight, enclosed nature of Anfield as a football ground. It creates a very unique atmosphere.

Compare the Etihad on Wednesday and Anfield on Thursday. Worlds apart.
My favourite thing about the fans lining the streets pre-game was during 2013/14 when 1000s were doing it singing about winning the league. It was pointed out that this could look like premature celebration and we were told "no, we do this every week, it's just our tradition and culture."

Then it completely died a death after Gerrard's slip despite the fact a title win was still within reach. Once again, when the team needs the support most, it's just not there. A total charade.

The flags, similarly are part of a set piece charade at the start of games, waved during a loudspeaker singalong rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone. Cringe.

A tight enclosed ground? Fair enough, but maybe small is the word you're looking for. Most English teams with traditional stadiums have fans very close to the pitch compared to Continental sides.

Very unique indeed.

montpelier

still think they should finish their YAWN faffing about before the opposition have to come out & listen to it before we're allowed to kick off

they got around this not happening for the Euro games by extending it to 35 verses (all the same) and having us wait in the tunnel, the cheating twats couldn't even get their team in the tunnel on time at OT in the 2nd leg

no one else apart from me seems to have identified these events as crucial factors in the tie which is a mystery to me, quite frankly

to be slightly less bitter (reluctantly, obvs) they do perhaps have a slightly unique atmosphere & cultivated mystique about them (we have done similar ---> 'theatre of dreams' anyone) and if we were all the same it would be dull, innit?

part marketing, partly maximising your home advantage - Klopp has definitely been working on it

I'd like to find a reason to ban that white tracksuit top too, it must be illegal in some way or other

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Didn't Ferguson say that he was worried of Klopp appointment at Liverpool? It seems that he was right to be worried and Liverpool success will be a matter of when it will happen. They are playing with much more intensity and quality since Klopp has settled in. They(Liverpool) are an early contender to be champions next season, if they continue upon these performances.

With that in mind, we might aswell keep Van Gaal as he seems to understand how to beat them :lol:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They will win the Europa league, so the 4th place would be useless.
Only if:

- City win the Champions League.
- Liverpool win the Europa League.
- Neither City or Liverpool finish in the top four.

All three of the above have to happen for fourth place to become a Europa League spot.

LeftyBlaster

Didn't Ferguson say that he was worried of Klopp appointment at Liverpool? It seems that he was right to be worried and Liverpool success will be a matter of when it will happen. They are playing with much more intensity and quality since Klopp has settled in. They(Liverpool) are an early contender to be champions next season, if they continue upon these performances.

With that in mind, we might aswell keep Van Gaal as he seems to understand how to beat them :lol:
And he seems to understand how to feck up against everyone else.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
pretty easy to look good when you force performance enhancing drugs down the neck of your whole squad.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i watched liverpool play football once and was offered 394 different drugs.

untitled_6899

He makes so many strange faces in his post match interviews and always seems so jittery

I see he also was banging on about the amount of games again, did he only play ever play one game a week whilst he was at Dortmund?

NoLogo

He makes so many strange faces in his post match interviews and always seems so jittery

I see he also was banging on about the amount of games again, did he only play ever play one game a week whilst he was at Dortmund?
Tbf in Germany there are 4 games less per season in the league and we have only one national cup competition to play, which means there is a winter break here for players to regenerate. So coming from Germany the playing schedule of the premiere league really can feel a bit tight but then again it's not like he couldn't have known that, it's been like this for a long time now.

Akshay

Staff

It is partly excuses of course, but every foreign manager that comes to the PL feels that way. Lack of winter break plus two domestic cups probably threw a wrench in LVG's meticulously crafted training schedules too.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So why didn't he use his best player, a striker, away from home in a competition where away goals are crucial?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
So why didn't he use his best player, a striker, away from home in a competition where away goals are crucial?
Tactical I imagine. Villarreal is the team that allows the most freedom on the wings in Europe (top leagues that is) and are one of the best teams at closing down the middle which is where Liverpool mostly play. Klopp was probably expecting crosses and that's where Benteke can finally be useful to him.

Sturridge also doesn't look like he's 100% and it's doubtful that he will before the end of the season due to the nature of his injury. Better to use him properly in the league where they are still competing for a EL finish. Wouldn't be great to lose the EL and finish 8th in the league or 7th with City as CL champions.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Tactical I imagine. Villarreal is the team that allows the most freedom on the wings in Europe (top leagues that is) and are one of the best teams at closing down the middle which is where Liverpool mostly play. Klopp was probably expecting crosses and that's where Benteke can finally be useful to him.

Sturridge also doesn't look like he's 100% and it's doubtful that he will before the end of the season due to the nature of his injury. Better to use him properly in the league where they are still competing for a EL finish. Wouldn't be great to lose the EL and finish 8th in the league or 7th with City as CL champions.
Have you seen the teams they've been fielding in the league? They've been saving most of their best players for Europe.

Damien

Staff
Sturridge has also got 5 goals and 1 assist in Liverpool's last six league games. In three of them he lasted 90 mins, in two he lasted 70+ minutes and in the other he was subbed on with half an hour to go. He'd have been fine to play. Not complaining though. Liverpool are weaker without him starting (especially with Origi injured) so good to see him not used.

Snow

Have you seen the teams they've been fielding in the league? They've been saving most of their best players for Europe.
Weaker team against Newcastle but only really two prominent changes for this game. They have a congested fixture list but several key players having recently been injured so naturally he doesn't play them all at the same time.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Sturridge has also got 5 goals and 1 assist in Liverpool's last six league games. In three of them he lasted 90 mins, in two he lasted 70+ minutes and in the other he was subbed on with half an hour to go. He'd have been fine to play. Not complaining though. Liverpool are weaker without him starting (especially with Origi injured) so good to see him not used.
Agreed. Massive mistake not playing him tonight. If he plays against Swansea and gets injured before the second leg we're as good as out.

Damien

Staff
Weaker team against Newcastle but only really two prominent changes for this game. They have a congested fixture list but several key players having recently been injured so naturally he doesn't play them all at the same time.
Was three changes wasn't it? Upgrade at RB, replacing Stewart with Lucas in midfield and dropping Sturridge for Coutinho.

Snow

Was three changes wasn't it? Upgrade at RB, replacing Stewart with Lucas in midfield and dropping Sturridge for Coutinho.
Two prominent ones, namely the unknown young players. That's more akin to Fosuh-Mensah for Darmian rather than Rojo for Darmian because there's difference in experience and expected quality.

Damien

Staff
Agreed. Massive mistake not playing him tonight. If he plays against Swansea and gets injured before the second leg we're as good as out.
Surprised with how well you defended on the whole and Mignolet made some nice saves. Moreno isn't a leftback though, he's basically a winger. Still got a decent chance of progressing but you really need to go for it second leg which could cause its own problems as when you do play very attacking, you're also very open at the back.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Surprised with how well you defended on the whole and Mignolet made some nice saves. Moreno isn't a leftback though, he's basically a winger. Still got a decent chance of progressing but you really need to go for it second leg which could cause its own problems as when you do play very attacking, you're also very open at the back.
Yeah Toure and Lovren were pretty faultless tbh. Lucas did well in the middle as well. Moreno has been weak defensively since we signed him. He did slightly better at LWB last year when Rodgers went to 3-4-3 but he always leaves space behind him for the opposition to exploit. I've wanted him to be moved to left wing for a while now and I think we'll go for another LB in the summer.

I don't think Villarreal are as dangerous as Dortmund going forward but they can definitely hurt us on the break. We don't need a gung-ho approach just a measured one where we can get 1-0 up then work the second. As you say going all out from the start for the win is going to end with us conceding to them on the break. Both ties are still in the balance.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
He knows that they are winning the competition anyway the way things have been going for them, so he can put out whatever team he wants and it won't matter. Maybe that was him planning for away games in the Champions League next season for when Sturridge is injured?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
First time I've been angry about his tactics. Not starting Sturridge was a mistake in my eyes but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, which turned out to be a mistake because Firmino was useless up front. He didn't even try to run in behind their defence and on wasn't where he needed to be inside the box on most occasions. If you're going to play with two attacking fullbacks, you'll have plenty of opportunities to cross the ball but there wasn't anyone there for most of the time. I'd rather we started with Benteke up front if that was going to be our gameplan. Sticking him on with ten minutes left is a stupid sub as well because he isn't a game changer like Sturridge is. It's fine going for a draw away from home but you're going to get criticized if you still concede at the end, and the manner in which it happened was as stupid as they come, poor from Lallana to lose the ball when the rest of the team wasn't where they needed to be.

Allen was superb although he missed a really big opportunity early in the game, Milner very good too. The tie is not over yet but 1-0 is a bad result, difference between that and a 0-0 couldn't be bigger. Still feel we can turn things around at Anfield though.