Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

R'hllor

I heard somewhere that Clyne went to some reality show in US? Is he injured, why he isnt playing?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Mark Clattenburg knows what he's talking about? Most cases like that, they simply don't have a still frame that shows whether offside or not with 100% accuracy. Hence the 10 cm margin of error
Well he's an ex-referee who has officiated a CL final, so I'd hope so.

VAR would have ruled that goal offside. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

EyeInTheSky

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
You surely can't genuinely believe this?

He's what, 6 yards out from goal? He's quite clearly shielding the ball from van Dijk while trying to turn himself toward the goal. If van Dijk doesn't boot him in the back of the leg, Lamela has a decent view of goal, and is in a great position to either fire a shot away or drill it across the 6 yard box. Absolute nonsense to claim he's just jumped into the contact, as if the ball's not sat right in front of him.
Also, if the ball isn't sat right in front of him, what the feck was Van Dijk swinging at. If the ball isn't there, then he just kicked Lamela and should have got a red card.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well he's an ex-referee who has officiated a CL final, so I'd hope so.

VAR would have ruled that goal offside. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.
Does he actually know how VAR works/has he worked with it?

VAR rules Lamela offside only if they have a frame that shows he's offside with 100% accuracy. Which may or may not be the case

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The bindippers are creating drama again. I just read that there may be investigation into the first penalty (which spurs didnt score on).

fecking idiots, no wonder other people hate these losers. May the foootball God keep them away from the elusive league title for another 26 years
There's literally no other club that could or would create this level of drama.

Vanrouge

Lamela's left foot is offside. Not sure where you're looking.

The whole topic is boring now. Hopefully VAR will remove this kind of controversy in future.
I agree that the topic is boring, but what you seem to be missing is that whoever drew that white line didn't draw it parallel with the actual lines on the pitch. Have another look. Draw it parallel and even your plan B argument fails miserably. :lol:

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I agree that the topic is boring, but what you seem to be missing is that whoever drew that white line didn't draw it parallel with the actual lines on the pitch. Have another look. Draw it parallel and even your plan B argument fails miserably. :lol:
It was drawn parallel with a hawk eye-like TV tool on Sky Sports. So no.. it doesn't.

Vanrouge

It was drawn parallel with a hawk eye-like TV tool on Sky Sports. So no.. it doesn't.
Again, have a look. The distance at the top between the fake line and the penalty area line is wider at the top of the photo than it is at the bottom. And due to perspective, it should if anything be narrower. So I suspect your precious "hawk eye" TV tool might have been employed by one of the kazillion ex-LFC players found throughout UK broadcasting. ;)

(LOL, I can't believe you're so desperate for that not to have been a penalty that you're actually arguing with me about this! :lol: )

Vanrouge

But yeah, this topic is so dull. Face it: Liverpool were lucky to even get a point in that game. At Anfield. That's the only aspect I'd be focussing on if I were a Liverpool fan.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Again, have a look. The distance at the top between the fake line and the penalty area line is wider at the top of the photo than it is at the bottom. And due to perspective, it should if anything be narrower. So I suspect your precious "hawk eye" TV tool might have been employed by one of the kazillion ex-LFC players found throughout UK broadcasting. ;)

(LOL, I can't believe you're so desperate for that not to have been a penalty that you're actually arguing with me about this! :lol: )
Why would I have a look if I'm not referring to the 'fake line'?

Arguing with you? I've already said I'm bored of the topic. But you chose to quote me so I replied. That's how a forum works.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
So many losing their shit because an offside is being called an offside :lol:
You’re confusing “losing their shit” with them laughing at you for insistence on something that has little to do with your player’s idiotic mistake.

You want the ref to be less of an influence in games? Then tell Klopp to stop sucking ass at defense.

montpelier

"Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside."

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
"Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside."
That really is the best way to stop this 'endless going in circles' argument :lol: Eureka!

Halftrack

Offside is offside.

The whole topic is boring now. Hopefully VAR will remove this kind of controversy in future.
Margin of error, benefit of doubt is supposed to go to the attacking team, Liverpool player moving to play Lamela (extremely marginally) offside just as the ball is flicked on. There is no way, even with VAR, that offside would ever be called. There's nothing in it whatsoever. And if, by some miracle, they were to look at an identical situation using VAR, do you not think they'd get pilloried for calling such a marginal offside when the defender bearhugging the offside player is a penalty offense? Lovren holding Lamela occurs before Lamela is caught offside, and qualifies for a penalty. Can you honestly, hand on heart, say that a penalty should never have been given? If you can, you're full of shit.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You’re confusing “losing their shit” with them laughing at you for insistence on something that has little to do with your player’s idiotic mistake.

You want the ref to be less of an influence in games? Then tell Klopp to stop sucking ass at defense.
Exactly. By all means, let's continue "losing our shit" because it's entertaining to say the least. Liverpool fans wanna be outraged at the ref when there isn't much to be outraged at, Kane missed the pen but the rest of the decisions were fine.

Halftrack

Don't really care much for this debate anymore, but you're quite obviously wrong.
I'm not, though. VAR is to be used in cases where a clear and obvious error has been made. Overlooking a players foot being an inch offside while he's being grappled by a defender while a ball is heading into a crowded box is not a clear and obvious error.

VAR will also not be used for offside calls unless it leads to a goal or a goal is incorrectly ruled offside. It will be used to see if a penalty should have been or was correctly awarded, but would a marginal offside factor into the decision? Should it? If so, should the defender committing a penalty-worthy offense on the offside player factor in?

You're the one who brought up the marginal offside, and then made the claim that VAR would called it. If you're not prepared to discuss it, why bring it up?

montpelier

erm... is Lamela 'active' at all during the nano-second that he is allegedly offside?

because if he then gets back onside, that's fine, is it not?

montpelier

yeah, I'm gonna say Lamela doesn't travel from an offside position to 'tangle' with VVD so the Lamela offside is a load of manufactured olde bollocks, apart from being almost non-existent

conclusive proof here, Clive

https://streamja.com/p6j

Johnnyredboots

So when is Klopp getting the charge/ban? Surely this is as straightforward as it gets?
At this point i'd say he probably wont, i can only assume it is because his name isnt Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger.

It is straightforward and by the FA's own rules he is bringing the integrity of the referee and the game into disrepute. It would be absolutely disgusting if he gets away with this, as he's been let off time and time again for various other things that they would have nailed Jose to the wall for.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

I think the white line is not fully parallel to the real lines on the pitch which gives this impression that Lamela is about 0.2-0.3cm offside.

It would be useful to see the exact moment the ball released from the passers foot as any split second would have changed that. Would need to be frame by frame, because we are talking about 0.001s or so here.

Bottom line is referee cannot give an offside like that.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So I gather from the pointless argument over offsides that Klopp never did get charged for his comments?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm not, though. VAR is to be used in cases where a clear and obvious error has been made. Overlooking a players foot being an inch offside while he's being grappled by a defender while a ball is heading into a crowded box is not a clear and obvious error.

VAR will also not be used for offside calls unless it leads to a goal or a goal is incorrectly ruled offside. It will be used to see if a penalty should have been or was correctly awarded, but would a marginal offside factor into the decision? Should it? If so, should the defender committing a penalty-worthy offense on the offside player factor in?

You're the one who brought up the marginal offside, and then made the claim that VAR would called it. If you're not prepared to discuss it, why bring it up?
VAR would check. If their image shows him to be offside, even by 1 millimeter, they would call the offside.

@montpelier man what are you even going on about? :lol: