Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

montpelier

probably wrong threaded that but never mind

I'll call Klopp a pontificating overacting bellend while I'm here, to make up for it, :D

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
He has a point. United played earlier on Saturday and against a weaker team, so why are United playing the game on Wednesday and Pool have to play on Tuesday? Lol

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
He has a point. United played earlier on Saturday and against a weaker team, so why are United playing the game on Wednesday and Pool have to play on Tuesday? Lol
Arsenal played on Monday night, Thursday afternoon, then Sunday at noon recently with a squad that's seen much less investment.

Sure it's a factor, but it's nowhere near enough to justify the performance tonight.

CA1

Liverpool seem to have gone through a sticky point at this time of year under Klopp in all years. They've ridden not playing that well in the league very well. Being put in a CL group with PSG and Napoli mean their CL progression is obviously at risk with this dip.

I do wonder how much further Klopp can take them, I think Keita will get better soon and give them more to link midfield-attack but in the long run I don't see them getting that much better.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He's broken the attack. The defense is better but if we're having a bad night we haven't got anything up top to get us out of trouble any more.

We're probably going out of the CL unless some sort of divine intervention takes place.

I used to like how he set our midfield up but there's a severe lack of ball playing quality in there. Energetic workers are great if they're accompanied by players who can control a game and play the ball around.

Little bit concerned that we're in November and the attack isn't clicking still.
If only you had a proper playmaker...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He's broken the attack. The defense is better but if we're having a bad night we haven't got anything up top to get us out of trouble any more.

We're probably going out of the CL unless some sort of divine intervention takes place.

I used to like how he set our midfield up but there's a severe lack of ball playing quality in there. Energetic workers are great if they're accompanied by players who can control a game and play the ball around.

Little bit concerned that we're in November and the attack isn't clicking still.
FFS, what's up with the negativity mate? Napoli is losing against PSG - if they do not win tonight, we can afford to lose in Paris and simply need to beat Napoli at home with a few goals, which we're certainly capable of in a sudden death game. We definitely don't need a "divine intervention" and we can even take some points from PSG imo (although that doesn't really help us in the grand scheme of things). Everything is definitely still possible, we just made things a bit more difficult for ourselves on a night that nothing went for us (if Sturridge scores that sitter early on we don't lose tonight, it's in small details most of the times).

I hope Klopp moves heaven and earth in January to sign Fékir or a Silva type of player though.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
FFS, what's up with the negativity mate? Napoli is losing against PSG - if they do not win tonight, we can afford to lose in Paris and simply need to beat Napoli at home with a few goals, which we're certainly capable of in a sudden death game. We definitely don't need a "divine intervention" and we can even take some points from PSG imo (although that doesn't really help us in the grand scheme of things). Everything is definitely still possible, we just made things a bit more difficult for ourselves on a night that nothing went for us (if Sturridge scores that sitter early on we don't lose tonight, it's in small details most of the times).

I hope Klopp moves heaven and earth in January to sign Fékir or a Silva type of player though.
Probably something to do with you only winning four of your last 10 games, three of which were home games against Southampton (16th), Cardiff (19th) and Red Star Belgrade (who you just lost against), with the other being a win against Huddersfield (18th).

You're talking about how you "simply" need to beat Napoli, who are now level with PSG and have only lost one of their last 10, which was by one goal, away to Juventus, having won six of the other nine, and who have Red Star at home as one of their remaining games. You're also talking about how you "could" get some points at PSG, who have a 100% record in the league, have lost just once so far this season, and also have Red Star as one of their remaining games. With your current form, I wouldn't be overly optimistic (I'm certainly not about United's chances of getting through).

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Probably something to do with you only winning four of your last 10 games, three of which were home games against Southampton (16th), Cardiff (19th) and Red Star Belgrade (who you just lost against), with the other being a win against Huddersfield (18th).

You're talking about how you "simply" need to beat Napoli, who are now level with PSG and have only lost one of their last 10, which was by one goal, away to Juventus, having won six of the other nine, and who have Red Star at home as one of their remaining games. You're also talking about how you "could" get some points at PSG, who have a 100% record in the league, have lost just once so far this season, and also have Red Star as one of their remaining games. With your current form, I wouldn't be overly optimistic (I'm certainly not about United's chances of getting through).
I didn't mean it would be simple, far from of course. But (if the score in Napoli-PSG stays the same) our task is simple: win our final home game and we're through. If you can't do that against a team like Napoli, not exactly an elite side but very good nonetheless, you don't deserve to go through anyway.

Bola

A silva type player would meet Klopp and Liverpool's ambitions. They all seem very happy at being runners-up

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I didn't mean it would be simple, far from of course. But (if the score in Napoli-PSG stays the same) our task is simple: win our final home game and we're through. If you can't do that against a team like Napoli, not exactly an elite side but very good nonetheless, you don't deserve to go through anyway.
I'd argue losing to Red Star is more the "don't deserve to go through" result but whatever, in response to Klopper's negativity, it's somewhat justified if progression hinges on a sudden death tie against Napoli in the final game, in which you need to win and they don't.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'd argue losing to Red Star is more the "don't deserve to go through" result but whatever, in response to Klopper's negativity, it's somewhat justified if progression hinges on a sudden death tie against Napoli in the final game, in which you need to win and they don't.
We have a tough group, and we're still joint first after 4 matchdays. I don't mind negativity, but his comment that we needed "a divine intervention" to go through at the moment was way OTT.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
If you lose to PSG you may need to beat Napoli by 2 clear goals.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
We have a tough group, and we're still joint first after 4 matchdays. I don't mind negativity, but his comment that we needed "a divine intervention" to go through at the moment was way OTT.
Likely some slight hyperbole on his part, but ultimately, you need either a) a swing in form or b) surprise results.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If you lose to PSG you may need to beat Napoli by 2 clear goals.
Yeah, I never said it would be easy, but there are only a few teams which I wouldn't back us against at Anfield on such an occasion, and Napoli isn't one of them. It's certainly a tricky situation I'd like to avoid, especially against a manager like Ancelotti, but it is what it is. Could go either way of course, and it certainly will be a thrilling finish to the group :)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
@RobinLFC I’m probably being a drama queen but it’s looking like we’re not going to get through.

Our midfield issues are hurting us at the moment and I’m not sure how Klopp fixes that.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
@RobinLFC I’m probably being a drama queen but it’s looking like we’re not going to get through.

Our midfield issues are hurting us at the moment and I’m not sure how Klopp fixes that.
Was such a contrast watching the Barca game earlier and seeing a midfield who can actually turn and receive the ball under pressure. All Milner/Henderson/Wijnaldum seem to give us is sideways passing and punts up the wings.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
We’re not that bad. He’s still lifted the expectations at the club and has us on a good points tally in the league.
Agree he is an improvement but I like the fact he bottles big games/finals.

Long may it continue.

Deleted member 101472

You are by far and away the best poster on here

SER19

I think liverpool will go through. Im still not convinced by psg versus good teams. Its interesting to see liverpool fans lament midfield issues at the moment when so many united threads are pointing to milner wijnaldum etc as further evidencs of klopps wizardry.

In any case theyre far from out and i suspect will go through. Domestically, man city have bought themselves so much distance i wonder how Liverpool fans feel. Post ferguson without city theyd have won 2014, been in incredibly tight races last year and this. Klopps era might be fruitless due to the city financial domination but i spoke to a liverpool fan recently who said he loves to see man city and how they play. Cant help but feel many miss the point.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think Liverpool will go through. Im still not convinced by psg versus good teams. Its interesting to see Liverpool fans lament midfield issues at the moment when so many united threads are pointing to milner wijnaldum etc as further evidencs of klopps wizardry.
Well he is casting spells and making a star appear.

CognitiveNeuro

My prediction :

Liverpool aren't going to win at PSG. PSG will scrape a win there. Napoli will beat Red Star.
PSG will beat Red Star and Napoli will get a late goal to draw at Anfield thus knocking them out.

haram

Imagine if we had lost 2-0 to Red Star Belgrade.

Last edited:

tieunhilang

Imagine if we has lost 2-0 to Red Star Belgrade.
But, but... We play park-the-bus football while Liverpool plays the United way. :lol:
Seriously, though I'm tired of the way many United supporters made excuses for Liverpool like they play good football while investing less than us... Blah blah. We finished 2nd in the league and our own supporters dismiss it as "no trophy" while Liverpool "coming second" in the Champions League was a masterstroke. Now they face a real threat of going out in the Champions League group stage and the whole talk turns to Liverpool is above us on the League table. Too many United "fans" are acting like United haters instead. It's bizarre...

SER19

Imagine if we has lost 2-0 to Red Star Belgrade.
4 wins in last 10. But they have a messiah, we have the worst manager in the league. Equivalent of losing to young boys. Red star are abysmal

haram

4 wins in last 10. But they have a messiah, we have the worst manager in the league. Equivalent of losing to young boys. Red star are abysmal
"I prefer not to speak. If I speak, I am in big trouble."

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Was such a contrast watching the Barca game earlier and seeing a midfield who can actually turn and receive the ball under pressure. All Milner/Henderson/Wijnaldum seem to give us is sideways passing and punts up the wings.
The biggest problem Liverpool have, and will continue to have, is not having a technically sound midfielder to control possession. Jorginho, Gundogan, Thiago, any of those type of players. Liverpool's 10 outfielders are based on full throttle pressing and quick transition but a problem comes when they face a team that's faster and more aggressive than they are (Red Star at home, Napoli). Neither Fabinho nor Keita will solve that as well, so these performances are just something Liverpool fans should learn to persist with because it will continue to happen throughout the season.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Many of us predicted they'd fade as the games came thick and fast.

They're good at hammering poor teams at anfield by three or four goals. They can also beat teams away on the break who play too high. They struggle to beat top 6 teams and anyone who can keep them quiet in the first 30 minutes when they do their headless chicken high pressing stuff.

Treble

Red Star ran 115 km yesterday. There's the key. When you outrun Liverpool, chances are you can get something. Huddersfield were very close to getting something too. Problem is most teams in the PL can't run further than Liverpool. A decade ago English teams used to run more than the continental ones. Not any more. And the results in Europe are not great.