Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

GiddyUp

Worth noting this is the same club that openly defended a player proven to have racially abused another, regularly bit other players and was generally a cheat. Can't have it both ways, Liverpool. :angel:
Very true. Hysel is also never discussed, a truly filthy stain on any club.

GiddyUp

This is where I stand as well. It's the first time in a while where Liverpool are ahead of United. The amount of arrogance their supporters have when they are doing well is unbearable.
I've been told multiple times how they are suddenly going to go on a quarter century of success while we will have to settle for the indignity of where they where the last 25 years. No mention of City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal putting a spanner in the works.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
It's a shame that a conversation over football leads you to bring up something completely unrelated due to your hatred.

But yes, Heysel makes me and millions of other fans who either weren't born or not involved murderers.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Mourinho has proven to be a huge disappointment this season and he will be sacked before long.

The hugely disappointing Mourinho has still managed to win more trophies than the saviour of Merseyside, Jurgen Klopp. That says more about Klopp than it does Mourinho.
And Conte won more than Mourinho and yet he's been sacked. If the club is moving is in the right direction as Liverpool are under Klopp the fans will be happy and the manager won't be under pressure initially. Conte won the league and FA Cup and was sacked because Chelsea weren't improving and their fans weren't happy with their play style.

It's difficult for anyone to win the league with City around. United have a lot of spoilt fans like yourself who have become accustomed to success, and don't understand managers need time to build squads. Spending a hell of lot of money speeds up that process, Alex Ferguson's don't grow on trees.

It's commemorated every year at Liverpool. What exactly do you wish to discuss? Or are you just using people's deaths to point score?

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's a shame that a conversation over football leads you to bring up something completely unrelated due to your hatred.

But yes, Heysel makes me and millions of other fans who either weren't born or not involved murderers.
More like illiterate because he hasn't implied that anywhere.

GiddyUp

And Conte won more than Mourinho and yet he's been sacked. If the club is moving is in the right direction as Liverpool are under Klopp the fans will be happy and the manager won't be under pressure initially. Conte won the league and FA Cup and was sacked because Chelsea weren't improving and their fans weren't happy with their play style.

It's difficult for anyone to win the league with City around. United have a lot of spoilt fans like yourself who have become accustomed to success, and don't understand managers need time to build squads. Spending a hell of lot of money speeds up that process, Alex Ferguson's don't grow on trees.

It's commemorated every year at Liverpool. What exactly do you wish to discuss? Or are you just using people's deaths to point score?
surprises.
Don't need to score points against liverpool, they are what they are.

GiddyUp

I was replying to a comment on the hypocrisy of liverpool and the death of people at a football match is related to a discussion about football. Bye

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
A stain on who precisely? Is it a stain on me because I happen to support Liverpool? Is it a stain on Klopp because he manages the club? What about FSG?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

It's difficult for anyone to win the league with City around. United have a lot of spoilt fans like yourself who have become accustomed to success and don't understand managers need time to build squads. Spending a hell of lot of money speeds up that process, Alex Ferguson's don't grow on trees.
United fans have been remarkably patient with the last 2 managerial appointments. Mourinho still has a semblance of support among the faithful, particularly those of the match going variety, so your spoilt fans jibe doesn't hold water.

Unlike Liverpool, the board at Chelsea clearly value success above all else, such is the level of their ambition. I'm sure to a Liverpool fan Conte's sacking would appear harsh, but that's only because you have become accustomed to mediocrity over the years. Liverpool fans have been harping on about progression for 3 decades, how much longer are you prepared to chase that carrot before you decide it's time to adopt a less forgiving/more demanding attitude. In other words, how much time is Liverpool's lastest bastion of hope allowed before you realise he's just another false prophet?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So both teams should have been down to 10 men? Milner from 2 yellows and Veratti from a leg breaking tackle which, I presume, (hopefully), didn't break anyone's leg so therefore it wasn't a leg breaking tackle.

I wish people would read through what they post before posting.
The irony :lol:

99% percent of people had Veratti for a clear red card, and had Gomez' foot been planted on the ground there would have been some serious damage. To say otherwise is to prove yourself ignorant, it's a textbook out of control challenge.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
United fans have been remarkably patient with the last 2 managerial appointments. Mourinho still has a semblance of support among the faithful, particularly those of the match going variety, so your spoilt fans jibe doesn't hold water.

Unlike Liverpool, the board at Chelsea clearly value success above all else, such is the level of their ambition. I'm sure to a Liverpool fan Conte's sacking would appear harsh, but that's only because you have become accustomed to mediocrity over the years. Liverpool fans have been harping on about progression for 3 decades, how much longer are you prepared to chase that carrot before you decide it's time to adopt a less forgiving/more demanding attitude. In other words, how much time is Liverpool's lastest bastion of hope allowed before you realise he's just another false prophet?
We can't operate in the same way that Chelsea do. Their model is unique to them and their ownership structure/finances. We've only recently started to spend large amounts on players under Klopp following back to back CL qualification.

Do you think there's an attainable manager out there who could do a better job at Liverpool compared to what Klopp's currently achieving?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We can't operate in the same way that Chelsea do. Their model is unique to them and their ownership structure/finances. We've only recently started to spend large amounts on players under Klopp following back to back CL qualification.

Do you think there's an attainable manager out there who could do a better job at Liverpool compared to what Klopp's currently achieving?
There's a certain pot bellied Spanish waiter ;)

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
More like illiterate because he hasn't implied that anywhere.
Maybe you can explain then. In what way is Heysel a stain on myself or anyone currently playing for or supporting the football club?

I was replying to a comment on the hypocrisy of liverpool and the death of people at a football match is related to a discussion about football. Bye
How is the death of people in any way related to a discussion about a game last night? Keep digging though.

GiddyUp

Maybe you can explain then. In what way is Heysel a stain on myself or anyone currently playing for or supporting the football club?

How is the death of people in any way related to a discussion about a game last night? Keep digging though.
I was replying to a comment, not from you or about the game. You should read instead of getting you're knickers in a twist. Typical liverpool fan.

PepsiCola

One thing I will say is I still do believe Liverpool are more than capable of winning by a 2 goal margin at home against Napoli.

Anfield still seems to intimidate opposition teams, especially on European nights.

They've had a very difficult group and are a home win away from progressing, 2 points of an amazing City team in the league with a midfield of Milner Wijnaldum and Henderson.

They're a Fekir away from being a complete team.

Talk about replacing Klopp is both premature and idiotic.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I was replying to a comment, not from you or about the game. You should read instead of getting you're knickers in a twist. Typical liverpool fan.
A comment which stemmed from a discussion about football, did it not?

I pity you.

Treble

One thing I will say is I still do believe Liverpool are more than capable of winning by a 2 goal margin at home against Napoli.

Anfield still seems to intimidate opposition teams, especially on European nights.

They've had a very difficult group and are a home win away from progressing, 2 points of an amazing City team in the league with a midfield of Milner Wijnaldum and Henderson.

They're a Fekir away from being a complete team.

Talk about replacing Klopp is both premature and idiotic.
That's not exactly true because the win should satisfy certain requirements (clean sheet or 2 goals difference).

Generally they are doing very well indeed but are not far from having a small catastrophe if (1) they crash out of the CL and (2) lose 4-5 pts over the next 4 PL games. If they win all of the next 5 games including Napoli (with the necessary result), their start to the season would look very impressive.

PepsiCola

That's not exactly true because the win should satisfy certain requirements (clean sheet or 2 goals difference).

Generally they are doing very well indeed but are not far from having a small catastrophe if (1) they crash out of the CL and (2) lose 4-5 pts over the next 4 PL games. If they win all of the next 5 games including Napoli (with the necessary result), their start to the season would look very impressive.
That's another point of mine.

Do you believe a 2+ goal margin win at home for Liverpool is unlikely? I could see them doing it - the most difficult part would be keeping it tight at the back.

On the other hand, if we were in the same position I'd have no hope.

It's actually quite sad seeing a Liverpool side who are a player away from being a top, top team while we're looking hopeless.

People will be quick to bring up us finishing ahead of Liverpool last season, but it was always clear they had a plan and were progressing in a direction. We looked directionless and limped our way to second. In addition, Liverpool took their foot off the gas to focus on CL football.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Being second in the league is hardly an overwhelming achievement, not least when you consider their transfer expenditure last summer.

Need I remind you of United's triumph over Juventus in Turin?
You fluked the Juventus win. They totally bossed you, created lots of chances and you somehow managed to win off set pieces .. it was a once in a hundred kind of game. I certainly wouldn't expect you to repeat it. In the same group you couldn't score a single goal over 180 minutes at home vs Valencia and Young Boys

If you played PSG or Napoli away they would rightly be overwhelming favourites.

Being 2nd isn't 'overwhelming' but it's certainly doing pretty well, right? Hence why I find it silly to act like they're having a poor season. Higher than that is almost impossible with the juggernaut that is City around.

They've had a great start to the league, been poor in the Cl and the quality of football overall needs improving. Overall it's probably a 7/10 start, you can't argue with being unbeaten in league competition still. People here are acting like they've been outright bad which is just wrong.

RooneyLegend

That cabinet is just brimming with new silverware
No one said it was.
Nope, winning trophies will always be bigger achievement than only 'runner up trophy'. Of course, I still hope we can play as good as pool.
Our CL run in 09 meant more to me than is winning the league cup in the same season.
Being in a trophy drought for too long despite nice football is what brought Arsenal to the joke they were with Wenger... Don't underestimate the effect actual trophies have.
Wenger won consecutive Fa Cups and was still a joke.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Last season Liverpool was much better in CL and Utd was much better in the league, yet people were rightfully saying Pool is the better side. CL is a great yard stick because it puts you out of your comfort zone into unsual situations, against really good opponents. Napoli and PSG are very good, but Red Star has been underestimated big time and winning away in Belgrad is probably harder than winning at most places away in the PL.

Of course League form shows consistency which CL fails to recognize, but I think it is less about luck than most people want to say because the hipster side of the month couldn‘t hack it there. Not saying you are doing that btw., more of a general observation.
It's a shit yard stick. It's based on a few games at the start of the season where a bit of bad luck, injuries, bad form or a couple of poor decisions than kill you. It's not an accurate way to judge how good a side is, especially when every team gets a different group.

We're (imo) a better side than Inter, yet likelihood is they will qualify ahead of us because we had a couple of silly moments. That's the nature of a cup competition. In a league situation I'd back us to finish ahead of them every single time.

I didnt think Liverpool were a better side than you last season. You beat them at home, drew away and were comfortably 2nd in the league while they struggled to hold on to 4th. They had a cup run which was eased by a generous draw but overall you were the more consistent team .. it's this season you've been crap.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The irony :lol:

99% percent of people had Veratti for a clear red card, and had Gomez' foot been planted on the ground there would have been some serious damage. To say otherwise is to prove yourself ignorant, it's a textbook out of control challenge.
I never saw it, but you can't say it's a leg breaker, because, fortunately, no one's leg broke.

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City
I must admit, I dont think Liverpool can be said to be doing badly this year. They're undefeated with 3 draws. 2 points behind the leaders, I'd say they're doing far better than most people would've expected considering where they placed last year.

I think Liverpool have had this "the only ones who can take down city" badge thrown on them largely based on their performances against us over the games we played head to head last season rater than the actual course of their campaign and so people are disappointed they arent out destroying every other team they play.

I think any sane fan would be pleased with their results this season, in the league at least and asking for more is a little insane. As for the Champions league, they didnt look amazing but PSG are a good team and non of the English teams are playing amazingly, they still have a good chance of progressing and at the end of the day that's all that really matters.

GiddyUp

A comment which stemmed from a discussion about football, did it not?

I pity you.
Haha pity yourself, you are a liverpool supporter on a Manchester United forum crying about people criticizing the club you support and by extension (delusional self importance) you, always the victim.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
:lol: You are such a bellend, thanks for the new tagline.

There's not praising and there's drawing the wrong conclusions. This place goes way OTT (to be expected) when we drop points, just goes to show you how things have changed. I expect yesterday's loss to be nothing but a distant bump in the road once we've qualified in two weeks.
Most people in this thread aren't interested in critically analysing the details of any football game, never mind a Liverpool game. Why would they be? Save that mental energy for something more interesting and more useful.

What they're here to do is poke fun at folks on the "other side". The validity of their points is almost entirely irrelevant. You taking them seriously and getting so annoyed about it you resort to insults is just a bonus.

I went onto a rival forum a few years ago and got into the same arguments with what felt like idiots at the time. Turns out I was the idiot for engaging at all. Your time is better spent elsewhere.

Talking about winning the fair play league FFS :lol:

Treble

That's another point of mine.

Do you believe a 2+ goal margin win at home for Liverpool is unlikely?
I could see them doing it - the most difficult part would be keeping it tight at the back.

On the other hand, if we were in the same position I'd have no hope.

It's actually quite sad seeing a Liverpool side who are a player away from being a top, top team while we're looking hopeless.

People will be quick to bring up us finishing ahead of Liverpool last season, but it was always clear they had a plan and were progressing in a direction. We looked directionless and limped our way to second. In addition, Liverpool took their foot off the gas to focus on CL football.
Given that they play 3 PL games before Napoli and the game with Bournemouth away is just 3 days earlier and will require a big effort, I'm sceptical that they'll be fresh enough to press like mad. Their attack is hugely dependent on the quality of their pressing game. Napoli are no mugs.

PepsiCola

Given that they play 3 PL games before Napoli and the game with Bournemouth away is just 3 days earlier and will require a big effort, I'm sceptical that they'll be fresh enough to press like mad. Their attack is hugely dependent on the quality of their pressing game. Napoli are no mugs.
Napoli are a brilliant side, and Ancelloti is a big game manager most definitely.

They just have the habit of really stepping up for the big home games at Anfield.

I can see them resting a few players for the Bournemouth game.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I went onto a rival forum a few years ago and got into the same arguments with what felt like idiots at the time. Turns out I was the idiot for engaging at all. Your time is better spent elsewhere.
Nah mate, the other sports section on here is full of knowledgeable people and too good to pass up on.

I don’t mind people taking the piss out of us, it’s to be expected. It’s people who are so quick to jump to conclusions that are annoying.

Don't Napoli play 3 Serie A games before they travel to Anfield? Really weird reasoning, and indeed I can see us resting a few players against Bournemouth.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Haha pity yourself, you are a liverpool supporter on a Manchester United forum crying about people criticizing the club you support and by extension (delusional self importance) you, always the victim.
What has Heysel or anything you've posted in this thread today got to do with Klopp?

You've driven this thread completely off course.

Treble

Don't Napoli play 3 Serie A games before they travel to Anfield? Really weird reasoning, and indeed I can see us resting a few players against Bournemouth.

They play 2 games, the second one is at home against one of the worst teams in their league (currently 19th). Besides, they are 8 pts behind Juve and do not hold much hope of overtaking them. You on the other hand...are likely to drop pts against Bournemouth if you rest key players. Bournemouth are among the teams that cover most distance and make most sprints in the PL and do well at home. Both us and Arsenal didn't quite deserve to beat them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You fluked the Juventus win. They totally bossed you, created lots of chances and you somehow managed to win off set pieces .. it was a once in a hundred kind of game. I certainly wouldn't expect you to repeat it. In the same group you couldn't score a single goal over 180 minutes at home vs Valencia and Young Boys

If you played PSG or Napoli away they would rightly be overwhelming favourites.

Being 2nd isn't 'overwhelming' but it's certainly doing pretty well, right? Hence why I find it silly to act like they're having a poor season. Higher than that is almost impossible with the juggernaut that is City around.

They've had a great start to the league, been poor in the Cl and the quality of football overall needs improving. Overall it's probably a 7/10 start, you can't argue with being unbeaten in league competition still. People here are acting like they've been outright bad which is just wrong.
Fluked, bossed, once in a hundred kind of game is all hyperbole and largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. We won the game because we scored more goals than they did and that's the only thing history will remember. This United side under Jose has a habit of scoring late goals. Some even believe it's a strategy, as crazy as it sounds, but who I am to doubt CAF wisdom.

PSG would most certainly be considered favourites for the tie, but to suggest they would be overwhelmingly so is a tad extreme. Jose Mourinho teams are notoriously difficult to beat, particularly in European games, he would set the team up not to lose; swamp the midfield, dug in, close space, bully the opposition etc - it's the only thing he is remotely competent at these days. Napoli would be 50-50 in my opinion.

The best they can hope for is second place and you win nothing finishing second. Liverpool hasn't won a league title in 30 years, second place for them is simply not good enough. Don't let the Liverpool fans on this board fool you, most scousers are desperate to win the league first and foremost - at least the ones I know are.

JMack1234

Well,

If they don't get out their f*cking group after all the money they've spent then that's actually shocking. Even we've not managed to cock the CL group stages up.

TheLord

Nobody is catching Manchester City in the league, and if Liverpool are dumped out of the CL group stages, will the Scousers finally admit the fact that they have gone backwards this season under their "revered" Klopp?

Or do we have to still have to endure their incessant harping on about Liverpool's continuing renaissance under him?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I don't know of anyone better, or worse for that matter, I was merely asking the guy how long he was prepared to accept Klopp's failure to secure a trophy before he gives up on him entirely.

TheLord

Especially when they have one of "their" finest managers in recent history, or so they say, if I may add :D