Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

izec

His last big successes predates Mourinho and we were told time and time again football has moved on from even Jose's last league win.
Klopp has to win something this year, if he throws it away then major questions must be asked of him.
Klopp's football is modern and good to watch, always has been. So i dont know how football has moved on when someone reached the CL final last season and is leading the league by 9 points. He can also stay longer at a club than 2 and a half years.

mark_a

Liverpool press hard and bully teams out of possession, couple that with hard work and it's a great (& obvious?) platform for success. What they've lacked is the personnel, which they now seem to have. Klopp's free pass has meant he's not had much scrutiny or pressure from the press so he's been given more time than Pep or Jose was to get this right.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I was one of them. Wanted him as first choice along with Pep.. he plays football in a manner befitting Manchester United as much as it pains me to say it.
Yes, he had them playing some truly beautiful football!

cyberman

Klopp's football is modern and good to watch, always has been. So i dont know how football has moved on when someone reached the CL final last season and is leading the league by 9 points. He can also stay longer at a club than 2 and a half years.
All I'm saying is we can't claim football has evolved then use trophies won from 6/7 years ago to claim his genius. Sir Alex has a more recent league title than Jurgen..
You can see how he is evolving. He's not having his sides press as much and they play a lot less on the counter attack. Klopo from 7 years ago wouldn't be top of this league today IMO.
If he throws it away now, with all if the money spent, then you have to ask what more does he need to win major titles.
They haven't won anything as of yet no matter how people are pretending they have.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He's cringe at times and overdramatic with reactions, but from footballing point of view he's done wonders with Liverpool.

TysonFury

He almost cried when salah gave him the penalty? Haha haha I’m done.

Shame he didn’t give him the first penalty eh

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
All I'm saying is we can't claim football has evolved then use trophies won from 6/7 years ago to claim his genius. Sir Alex has a more recent league title than Jurgen..
You can see how he is evolving. He's not having his sides press as much and they play a lot less on the counter attack. Klopo from 7 years ago wouldn't be top of this league today IMO.
If he throws it away now, with all if the money spent, then you have to ask what more does he need to win major titles.
They haven't won anything as of yet no matter how people are pretending they have.
Who's pretending we've won anything?

Obviously there are going to be plaudits considering the fact his team are unbeaten 20 games into a league season. Shall we all self harm until May instead?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
It’s quite incredible how he’s completely transformed our gung ho approach from last season to a much more clever and cynical one.

It’ll be interesting to see how we handle City on Thursday. We could do like we did last season, succesfully for the most part, or more likely we’ll concede possession and hit them on the counter.

haram

Only someone infected by the scouse would come out with something like that.

Ekeke

Oh, cmon with the discussions and yeye he's a good manager. We know this. The man said he almost cried when Salah gave Firmino a pen ffs :lol::lol::lol: Not even Pool fans can defend that.
Remember when our player "almost died" when a ball was kicked at him?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It will be fun the media reaction when they win the League. The amount of Kleenex needed will be fun. Hard days ahead for non Liverpool fans, can't see them losing this one if they don't lose at City.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Fantastic manager.

Green_Red

Only someone infected by the scouse would come out with something like that.
From the whiteness of his teeth he has definitely been infected. This year's fall is going to be even more gif epic than Stevie Me's slip.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
To be honest, the narrative on here that he's shit only came about after he became the Liverpool manager.

Before that people on here were having wet dreams about him and his Dortmund team.
They would still get wet dreams if there somehow was the opportunity to get him right now or next summer.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
One thing I don't understand about his tactics is why he gets his players to cheat and construct fouls. It's not like they need it. He didn't tell them to do it as much last year if I remember correctly, but then again they didn't win anything. Maybe it is because he is more serious about winning the league now so he doesn't care.

St Red

KRAP
One thing I don't understand about his tactics is why he gets his players to cheat and construct fouls. It's not like they need it. He didn't tell them to do it as much last year if I remember correctly, but then again they didn't win anything. Maybe it is because he is more serious about winning the league now so he doesn't care.
:lol:

Davie Moyes

I was one of them. Wanted him as first choice along with Pep.. he plays football in a manner befitting Manchester United as much as it pains me to say it.
I agree Raees. The style his teams play is the closest I've seen to utd in the 90s.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
From the whiteness of his teeth he has definitely been infected. This year's fall is going to be even more gif epic than Stevie Me's slip.
Before the great whitening event of 2017, Klopp's teeth were a hideous shade of dark yellow and they were horribly crooked and horribly hideous. Now he's been all prettied up and everyone loves him.

I miss the old days.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
How anyone can doubt that this guy is one of the greatest managers of his generation is beyond me.

Pep‘s last CL win was in 2011
Simeone and Allegri lost 2/2 finals like Klopp

He clearly belongs into this category and losing CL finals against clubs with more money and better players shouldn‘t tarnish his legacy one bit.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
How anyone can doubt that this guy is one of the greatest managers of his generation is beyond me.

He clearly belongs into this category and losing CL finals against clubs with more money and better players shouldn‘t tarnish his legacy one bit.
Agreed. What he's achieved has been somewhat overlooked. Winning 2 titles against Bayern Munich, reaching the Champions League final with players like Lovren, Henderson, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson - not many managers can do that.

BlueHaze

He is, what he did with Dortmund was amazing and he is essentially doing the same thing with Liverpool now. They have been absolute crap for some years now except that title challenging season that slipped away. Now after 4 years in he has already turned them into one of the best sides in the world. People said they would struggle after Coutinho left but he made some fantastic signings and this summer he completed the puzzle by getting a good goalie too which they had been lacking for some years. They went head to head with Madrid last year and looked the better side until Salah went off. I hope everything eventually goes to hell for him like it did at Dortmund or we are going to have to get used to Liverpool being a title contender for years to come.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If I am being honest, football-wise, he is always my first choice to succeed Fergie. The kind of football his team play, the relatively smaller budget he works with, and the achievement he has made so far, is nothing less than legendary in my books.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Money wise Pool have spent less than Arsenal and Everton and less than half of Utd and City.

Let that sink in before you evaluate how well he’s doing. With a team inherited from Brendan Rodgers.

NK86

He's destroyed redcafe... some called him a fraud. Others laughed at him and deemed him a failure... Mourinho is better a few said... or maybe it's another episode of wishful thinking that a rival got a loser, but seems like we did.

Knew he should have been ours. Don't think he was ever that interested though, he seems to love it there and wants to rebuild the empire. Knock us off our perch.
Oh knock it off. We are still halfway away. Long time in football. I still bet on City winning on Thursday and then Liverpool imploding. Pool have to face Chelsea and us away as well. Think they will drop points there too. Let's see how the final league table looks before you start another glorification of how Klopp would knock us of our perch.

NK86

Money wise Pool have spent less than Arsenal and Everton and less than half of Utd and City.

Let that sink in before you evaluate how well he’s doing. With a team inherited from Brendan Rodgers.
Are you also one of those who bleats on about net spend?

Sterling Archer

I agree Raees. The style his teams play is the closest I've seen to utd in the 90s.
What breaks my heart even more is the football purist in the maniacs heart for rejecting Disneyland. It's all happy go lucky now with Ole, but I won't forgive or forget Woody for it until we're back in business.

NK86

Net spend is kind of important for context. Liverpool would be a better team if they still had Coutinho.
That's no guarantee. We were a better team with Saha than with Rudd, although RvN was the better player.

Varun

Staff
Woody should have sold us like some cringe soap opera instead of Disney land, fecking Klopp would have taken a pay cut to be here.

That's no guarantee. We were a better team with Saha than with Rudd, although RvN was the better player.
Its pretty much guaranteed given Coutinho would play where they play the likes of Shaqiri.