Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Surely you lot will destroy that Bayern team especially at anfield. They are so lethargic it’s unreal
Having the second leg away isn’t ideal but from what I’ve been hearing, Bayern aren’t brilliant at the moment.

Last edited:

Deleted member 101472

Bayern, Real Madrid and us all under performing this season.
Real Madrid aren’t underperforming. They are at the level one expects when one of the best players ever to play the game leaves the club

Fridge chutney

He moans an awful lot about refs for someone who's team have benefited massively from referee decisions. VVD should've been sent walking against Napoli with a much worse challenge than what Kompany did.
Taylor was a disgrace today. If I were a City supporter I would be furious.

Blackwidow

How’re you feeling about the CL tie?
Actually I feel more comfortable going into it with Kovac (usually I would not think like that) than with Pep as I know for sure that Kovac will try to play more pragmatic. With Pep and CL matches it was always that he wanted to control the first matches - what is poisonous against teams like Liverpool. But it will hurt us that Müller is not playing for sure the first - but maybe even the second match. James instead of him might make sense with another opponent but you will not win this match by playing pretty but by playing pragmatic. Müller with his workrate and the pairing with Lewy as targetmen - and Coman and Gnabry with their speed but workrate when needed could work really fine. Lewy alone might be too "thin" and manageable for the Liverpool defense. And the others in a compact deep block. Beating him with his own recipe. The biggest mistake you can make is to play an open game against opponents like this. We seldom won like this against Dortmund either - only during periods in which they were weak.

Having the second leg away isn’t ideal but from what I’ve been hearing, Bayern aren’t brilliant at the moment.
Won the first seven matches of this season - then they had problems - and won 6 out of seven of the last seven matches (only drew against Ajax and there the draw was enough to win the group). Oh, they are for sure not brillant. But they went successfully out of the crisis they had in October. And you never know what happened. There is lot that have doubt about Kovac's coaching. But atleast he sat together with Ribery, Neuer, Lewy and Müller and after that they changed to a 4-2-3-1 with double six and hanging striker again (the system that the team seems to work best with) and since then they are on the rise. I still think that the season can go into all directions. There is no rifts in the team. And even the mole was quiet in the recent weeks.

Mindhunter

I remember someone posting a gif showing Klopp eating Indian curry and then running around the pitch like a mad chicken. I would be forever grateful to the soul who can help me find it.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Really surprised that they went with a defensive approach against a team which had Danilo and Laporte as their fullbacks. There was definite weakness there.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Had a good chuckle in the pub last night. There were loads of Loserpool supporters in there making a hell of a racket.

Went very quiet in the end :)

tonnas

Net spend is complex and can't be worked out by fans on a forum unless you understand how the football business works, or any business for that matter. Anyway, you need access to the accounts of a club. Smartly run or rich clubs will have franchises around the world and other assets to protect their businesses and make more money.

When a club buys a player on a typical five year contract, the buying club will usually pay the selling club a set amount of money per year, not in one go unless the selling club demands it.

It's a lot like financing for a car or mortgage. Here's a simple example, excuse the shoddy maths:

Liverpool agree to purchase Alisson from Roma for a total of £65 million which will paid over a period of five years.
There might be an upfront fee + the yearly/monthly payments.
Liverpool pay £25million upfront, then additional 8 million per year for the next five years.

Then consider all these fees:
Agent and lawyer fees both clubs will pay.
An insurance policy has to be taken out on the player.

Player's wages.

Why do you pay in instalments?
Because Liverpool's money is making money elsewhere!
You don't pay it all in one go otherwise you lose out on interest.
If Liverpool have 100 million in the bank, they are making 10k in interest PER DAY. Take 65 million out and you are making half in interest straightaway.
Perfect simple explanation how business works!

Ban

I get that he's an inspirational coach & has great tactics & can spot a player who will fit his system.

But he's so full of shit, it's unbelievable.
Oh come on, he's so genuine. I mean laughing when asked what's his assessment of the game. Whats wrong with that?

Thisistheone

Seems to get things wrong in the big games. Too negative last night and should have started Fabinho.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Do you guys actually watching full pressers of klopp?

Even I can't be bothered with that. Jeez.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Seems to get things wrong in the big games. Too negative last night and should have started Fabinho.
It's a bit of a mix. Games like Arsenal, United and Spurs away he clearly got right. Even Chelsea away wasn't a bad result.

Last night and also the away games in the CL is where he's really got it wrong this season. He relies on the midfield three of Henderson, Milner & Wijnaldum too much. You can't control the midfield against top quality opposition with those three playing.

montpelier

He isn't interested in controlling the MF.

Press or break (transition)

If the other team 'transition' - he fouls them.

UDontMessWith24

Diabolical selection in his midfield is the reason they lost IMO. You can't play that trio against a midfield with two players that are strictly attackers. Playing Fabinho and Keita with Henderson would have helped them put more pressure on those playmakers when they had the ball and given their counters more bite.

RedCurry

Do you guys actually watching full pressers of klopp?

Even I can't be bothered with that. Jeez.
Klopp and Pep are probably two of the best managers at the moment but c'mon they provide comedic value when they lose. Pep looks so coked up and Klopp forgets to put periods in his sentences.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Diabolical selection in his midfield is the reason they lost IMO. You can't play that trio against a midfield with two players that are strictly attackers. Playing Fabinho and Keita with Henderson would have helped them put more pressure on those playmakers when they had the ball and given their counters more bite.
That Henderson-Milner-Wijnaldum midfield almost cost them in the CL, didn't it? They lost all 3 away games with that midfield.

Irrational.

Maybe the bottle celebration was meant to be more metaphorical rather than literal. By choking out the bottle he was demonstrating he is choking his reputation of being a bottler to death once Liverpool equalised. Only then he went and bottled it as City went on to win the game.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
That Henderson-Milner-Wijnaldum midfield almost cost them in the CL, didn't it? They lost all 3 away games with that midfield.
I think we started Keita in Naples but had to switch when he got injured.

I'm not a fan of it in big games.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Still yet to get further than the 4th round. Had four attempts now.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
"When James gave Jiménez the ball I was close to crying."