g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Love that Klopp was trumpeting in the run-up that being in pole position means that other teams have all the pressure to keep up.

Now Robertson comes out post-match and says the pressure is definitely off us and all on City now as they are in pole position and have to stay there :houllier:
The whole club lives in a bubble. Fans, management, players, local media, everyone related to the club.

Sterling was spot on a few days ago:

"When I was there I did feel a lot more pressure than when I'm here, with matchdays and the fans. I think that they got to us a little bit. We were in control and we had the opportunity to see it through but we didn't do that.

"Here we're completely focused on each game and trying to win each game as it comes. It's a complete different scenario from last year - last year we were a bit more comfortable towards this point of the season.
Obviously helps that one set of fans come dressed as empty blue seats but still it shows a complete difference in mentality. One club is only focused on the job in hand and isn't getting carried away, the other is constantly making excuses, crumbling under pressure while shouting "the pressure is not on us". Such delusion.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I just don't think they're good enough, Klopp hasn't made them grow from the fast counterattacking team they were last year, they can't break down defenses like City does and their creativity isn't that great overall.

I don't even think it has anything to do with pressure, City is a better team, a significantly better one, head to head matchup may hide that but Liverpool can't beat down teams like City does, can't dominate like City does and will therefore fail yet again to win the league.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Is it? If they win at Old Trafford I can't see them losing any more points, apart from maaaaybe at Selhurst Park. We have to win our remaining games as well which seems like a daunting task at the moment. At least we've got a couple of easier games coming up right now (on paper, at least).
They will. As good as they look right now and as much as you could easily see them beating the rest of the sides they play, they will have one game where the ball just won't go in the net, or one where another player like Townsend slams it top corner.

I doubt they'll drop many, but they'll drop some.

LARulz

I am fine with it. He blames the wind on a regular basis - we all know it's blagging and so does he and that's that. Klopp generally generates a lot more discussion on here than on liverpool forums.

It's not like people were surprised when Wenger admitted years later that he did in fact see many of the things he claimed to not see either.
Yeah of course. I know you/us as fans can't say much as it's not personally us saying them or believing it.

I just think that Klopp has gone from a universally loved figure to someone who people are starting to get annoyed by. I don't think he has changed in any way, he was always relatively petulant with digs here and there but people blew it off as "passion" - now that Liverpool are close to winning the big thing and a lot of people would rather they didn't, his comments are now seen negatively/childishly/for what they are.

Just wonder if Liverpool fans care/may be annoyed by the way people view their once widely loved manager currently.

Ban

VVD says it says a lot Everton were celebrating 0:0. From a club which celebrated a 2:2 draw with WBA.

SqueakyWeasel

The whole club lives in a bubble. Fans, management, players, local media, everyone related to the club.

Sterling was spot on a few days ago:

Obviously helps that one set of fans come dressed as empty blue seats but still it shows a complete difference in mentality. One club is only focused on the job in hand and isn't getting carried away, the other is constantly making excuses, crumbling under pressure while shouting "the pressure is not on us". Such delusion.
Good call! :lol:

I think Ole is taking the bigger picture pressure off of our squad similarly too, similar to what Sterling is trying to say. Mourinho was very much all gloom and doom looking at the position at the end of the season rather than what we can do to get the next 3 points! Can you imagine the car-crash that would have been Jose's last couple of pressers given the injury crisis?

Melville Red

Is the horrible windy British weather getting you down?
Is it constantly interfering with your title challenge?
Is the wind causing too much pressure for you and your club?
Is it causing you too produce verbal diarrhoea, incoherent rambling, and awkward fake nervous laughter?
Are you frustrated that it appears that ONLY YOU seem to suffer?
Don't you just wish the wind would just go away?
Then slip 3 of these every week until May. (best before 2050)
Excellent. :D:D

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Just wonder if Liverpool fans care/may be annoyed by the way people view their once widely loved manager currently.
I am pretty used to it by now. Rafa and houllier were maligned by the press, Hodgson was loved. Feck em.

Melville Red

Bob Dylan. Blowing in the wind (revised)

Yes, how many years must a scouse pray and wait
Before the’yll win the league again?
Yes, and how many ears must one scouse have
Before he can hear his fellow scousers cry?
Yes, and how many draws will it take till he knows
That too many points have been lost?
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind
The answer is blowing in the wind

sparta

I hear a petition has been set up to have all future games played indoors.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!

:lol:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Love that Klopp was trumpeting in the run-up that being in pole position means that other teams have all the pressure to keep up.

Now Robertson comes out post-match and says the pressure is definitely off us and all on City now as they are in pole position and have to stay there :houllier:
First paragraph is what Klopp wanted everyone to think while at the top. Second paragraph is what his players felt.

It's consistent with the context and outcome.

SqueakyWeasel

First paragraph is what Klopp wanted everyone to think while at the top. Second paragraph is what his players felt.

It's consistent with the context and outcome.
I'm not sure from your post whether you're agreeing that it's hypocritical and the message is changing whatever the position the club is in, or if you are disagreeing with me because you feel that one observation was from the manager and the second from one of his players?

Whichever way the wind is blowing I find it, as I say, hypocritical … and for my money it'd be points in the bag EVERY time!

Trizy

When is the title gonna be renamed to ''Jurgen Klopp - Sack Watch''.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'm not sure from your post whether you're agreeing that it's hypocritical and the message is changing whatever the position the club is in, or if you are disagreeing with me because you feel that one observation was from the manager and the second from one of his players?

Whichever way the wind is blowing I find it, as I say, hypocritical … and for my money it'd be points in the bag EVERY time!
It doesn't all have to be agree/disagree.

Hypocritical is Klopp saying the pressure was on City chasing and now Klopp saying it's on City keeping the lead.

What I was pointing out was that it looks very much like being in the lead was doing their head in. Players shat the bed and Klopp was trying to make it about pressure on the chasers (correct IMO), now he is aligned with how the players felt all along: being ahead is too hard.

SqueakyWeasel

It doesn't all have to be agree/disagree.

Hypocritical is Klopp saying the pressure was on City chasing and now Klopp saying it's on City keeping the lead.

What I was pointing out was that it looks very much like being in the lead was doing their head in. Players shat the bed and Klopp was trying to make it about pressure on the chasers (correct IMO), now he is aligned with how the players felt all along: being ahead is too hard.
Got it! Perfectly this time. Looks like we agree 100% ;)

Water Melon

English is not my native language, nor I am Bob Dylan's biggest fan, however, I enjoyed this one a lot. Imagine SAF singing this... :lol:

sallycinnamin

Wind, snow, possession and someone losing 4kg, could be a long haul through customs on their next Champions League away fixture. Then again they could bottle it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'd personally feel much more comfortable top .. then you're not the ones having to chase and you know if you make no errors on your end, the title is yours.

Liverpool now are relying on City to drop points. Almost certainly they will, but it's never nice to have something out of your control.
Mourinho was speaking to Keys & Gray about that yesterday. He said that when you're chasing it's like you're playing two games every weekend, yours and the game the side above you is playing as well. You're hoping they drop points and putting your energy into that as well as putting energy into your own game.

City are a better team than us. Better manager, better squad, better starting XI etc. They've been better than us all season.

Thisistheone

The size of Liverpool as a club is irrelevant, they've never won a Premier League title and when he took over were a total mess and not even a CL side. He only had major resources to spend last january and this summer after the sale of Coutinho, otherwise he never spent big money in comparison to other top 6 clubs. How is selling your star player winning a lottery ticket?

He didn't 'sacrifice cups', they reached a Europa League and CL final during his time in charge, the first English team to even reach a CL final since Chelsea in 2012. He has a poor domestic cup record but two major European finals whilst undertaking a rebuild job is nothing to be sniffed at, his primary task was to re-establish them in the CL, which he did relatively quickly. It's not a 'massive unexpected genius feat', but it is good management and a job well done, and this season delivering a title challenge whilst up against an extremely strong City side is again undeniably impressive.

Maybe it has been copied and maybe tactically he is overrated, but overall as a coach he did a fantastic job at Dortmund and is doing very well at Liverpool too, that's the long and short of it.
Have to agree with this.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Mourinho was speaking to Keys & Gray about that yesterday. He said that when you're chasing it's like you're playing two games every weekend, yours and the game the side above you is playing as well. You're hoping they drop points and putting your energy into that as well as putting energy into your own game.

City are a better team than us. Better manager, better squad, better starting XI etc. They've been better than us all season.
Yeah, absolutely. Being on top gives you that piece of mind because you know that if you sort it on your end you will win the league.

I think this is true, but hey, who knows? I think you benefited for a long time from City being a bit complacent having won it already, and maybe that'll creep in again and you can go for it.

United vs City will be a fascinating game, United obviously need to go for the win due to the top 4 battle but how will they feel if that wins Liverpool the league? Such a double edged sword.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn't even be mad if they throw the game against City. I know I would want us to do the same thing rather than help United win another title.

It's good that they still have top 4 to play for otherwise I wouldn't have a doubt in my mind that they'd gift City the win.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I wouldn't even be mad if they throw the game against City. I know I would want us to do the same thing rather than help United win another title.

It's good that they still have top 4 to play for otherwise I wouldn't have a doubt in my mind that they'd gift City the win.
They definitely won't throw it.

The fans might care more about Liverpool winning the league, but Ole and the players will be far more concerned about their own goal.

Will be a weird day for United fans, I've heard some on here say they'd happily miss out on top four as long as Liverpool don't win the league, not sure if that's a majority though.